Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:02:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Electrum wallet not showing funds  (Read 434 times)
Who_

Activity: 217
Merit: 107

Journalist/Copywriter https://t.me/ZoranSpirkovski

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2020, 03:10:08 PM

OP, I think the problem could be from the electrum wallet if you didnot provided the wrong address as your receive address because you're not the first person to have this issue, someone also complained about not receiving his/her bitcoin acouple of days either https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1841106.0

I found a recommendation in that topic, which recommended trying different networks. I think ultimately I was connected to an out-of-date server that I had drawn weeks ago when I first downloaded Electrum wallet. When I toggled the auto-connect off and restarted I was paired up with a fresh server upon turning auto-connect back on.

Here are the exact steps I followed to get a resolution:
1. Go to network, and de-selected the automatically connect to network.
2. Force quit Electrum
3. Restart Electrum
4. Go to network, re-select automatically connect to network.

After that, the transaction posted immediately. Thanks

Hahaha. I thought so since there is no transaction history appearing in your electrum wallet. Hmmm but do you have any idea how this occur? I never encounter this kind of network connection failure. Can you please post here the link to the thread on where do you get that guide? Thank you

I think it was the fact that I had left my Electrum running for two weeks played a part. The problem is, my Bitcoin Core crashed and I had to download the WHOLE blockchain again before I could access my BTC, so I sat around waiting for that to happen.

The link is in the quoted section that I pasted within this thread.

Sorry to revive this thread, but I just want to add for anybody that might be facing a similar issue like this one (Bitcoin Core crashing and you needing to download the blockchain again). You should be able to recover the BTC directly through Electrum by importing the seed phrase of your original wallet.

Zoran Spirkovski is a freelance journalist, brand strategist, and author published by CryptoBriefing, BeInCrypto, CryptoNewsNet, and NewsBlockchain. He writes about blockchain technology, cryptocurrency, branding, marketing, and productivity and other stories that brew up in his mind. He writes a daily blog about the same topics at zoransp.medium.com and he regularly contributes to freelance discussion groups.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
blue Snow
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1026

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2020, 10:43:57 PM
Merited by Husna QA (1), HCP (1)

Sorry to revive this thread, but I just want to add for anybody that might be facing a similar issue like this one (Bitcoin Core crashing and you needing to download the blockchain again). You should be able to recover the BTC directly through Electrum by importing the seed phrase of your original wallet.
Bitcoin core don't have feature mnemonic phrase (seed), you can do dump private key from core to electrum.

Who_

Activity: 217
Merit: 107

Journalist/Copywriter https://t.me/ZoranSpirkovski

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2020, 06:05:06 PM

Bitcoin core don't have feature mnemonic phrase (seed), you can do dump private key from core to electrum.
It's been so long. Smiley I've been using Electrum for a while. Safe to say, if you did things right in the beginning, you will be able to recover your wallet.

Zoran Spirkovski is a freelance journalist, brand strategist, and author published by CryptoBriefing, BeInCrypto, CryptoNewsNet, and NewsBlockchain. He writes about blockchain technology, cryptocurrency, branding, marketing, and productivity and other stories that brew up in his mind. He writes a daily blog about the same topics at zoransp.medium.com and he regularly contributes to freelance discussion groups.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: