Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:27:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think Bitcoin Cash will take place of Bitcoin?  (Read 5933 times)
kier010

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 02:59:14 AM

no not a chance. bitcoin cash should at least rank up first before thinking to overcome bitcoin. it should atleast surpass xrp and eth.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
QFT

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 03:17:53 AM

no not a chance. bitcoin cash should at least rank up first before thinking to overcome bitcoin. it should atleast surpass xrp and eth.

I can't see bitcoin cash gaining much in the current market, but I also can't see it gaining that much in a bull market.
ethergod

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 03:20:14 AM

Bitcoin price is going down day by day..
Is bitcoin cash have that much potential to overcome the bitcoin?

In my opinion, no. Bitcoin Cash is not as good as Litecoin and perhaps even Cardano for microtransactions with 10 minute block times. Once the Bitcoin Lightning Network is implemented, I don't think Bitcoin Cash will serve any useful purpose except to see how on-chain scaling works as an experiment.
entrepmind23

Activity: 644
Merit: 261

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 03:29:50 AM

Bitcoin Cash is famous because it is a hard fork of bitcoin and there is a bitcoin name to it that's why people are drawn to it. It is shilled by the people behind it especially Roger Ver. He bought bitcoin twitter handle just to let people believe that it is the real bitcoin. He doesn't need to do that if bitcoin cash would really be able to surpass bitcoin. Bitcoin Cash would shine on its own without the need to claim that it is the original bitcoin. I don't think bitcoin cash would be able to take the place of bitcoin especially now that bitcoin has been improving in terms of transaction fee and later on lightning network would be a big help for adoption.

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
           ░▒█████████████████████▒░
         ▓███████████████████████████▓░
      ░███████████████▓░▒███████████████░
     ▓██████████▓▓▒░        ▒▒▓▓██████████
   ░███▓                               ▒███▒
  ░████               ▒▒▒               ████▒
 ░█████░           ░███████░            █████▒
 ██████░          ░██      ██▒          ██████
░██████░          ██       ██           ██████▒
▓██████           ██░ ░   ░██           ███████
▓██████         ████████████████        ███████
▓██████        █████████████████        ███████
░██████▒       ███████████████       ░██████▓
 ███████       █████████████████       ▓██████
 ░███████       ████████████████      ▓██████▒
  ▒███████▒       ░ ░     ░ ░       ░███████▒
   ░████████▒                     ▒████████▒
     ▓████████▓░               ░▓█████████
      ░██████████▓░          ▓██████████░
         ▓██████████▒     ▒██████████▓░
           ░▒██████████▒▓█████████▓░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
Faeton

Activity: 308
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 03:31:37 AM

I believe that we need competition among the bitcoins and generally among the crypto currency. The lack of competition leads to stagnation in development, and this can be observed recently with respect to bitcoin, when it did not eliminate its shortcomings for a long time. When bitcoin appeared in cash, he possessed and, perhaps, now has much better qualities than the original bitcoin. Maybe also in this connection he began to lose his popularity, and bitcoin cash to grow in price. However, the crypto-currency market in us has not yet been sufficiently developed and skewed toward bitcoin. Therefore, competition does not work at full strength. However, over time, all this will work. Therefore, hard forks of bitcoin are necessary for us, and we can not prevent them. A coin that will not develop and improve will lose its popularity, including bitcoin.

Healthsapiens
Copper Member

Activity: 43

Patient-centric healthcare, decentralized.

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 03:32:36 AM

Bitcoin cash is just hamstringing itself by removing the possibility to have neat things built ontop of it. Rodger Ver is so focused on fulfilling "satoshis vision" that he doesn't realize what Bitcoin could become, which is a whole network of possibilities.

Decentralized healthcare is here.

Join us on Telegram to get immediate updates about our Security Token Offering (STO) and subsequent DOC Token Generating Event.

WEBSITE TWITTER MEDIUM
metribitcoin

Activity: 420
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 03:43:14 AM

Although Bitcoin Cash has lower fee transaction but hard to replace Bitcoin, because BCC just chain split of BTC. Cryptocurrency community in the world prefer BTC because this coins like mother of all coins. All blockchain of all crypto also come from and adopted from Blockchain of Bitcoin, and could be if no Bitcoin wil be no others cryptocurrency that exsist.
ballerin and giroud

Activity: 868
Merit: 16

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 03:58:42 AM

I know that, I know bitcoin price down day by day, but can you see the price bitcoin cash down day by day too? If you talk about this before it's mean bitcoin cash will be replaced by litecoin or ADA and other coin? If the market depend on the high price coin maybe ethereum and ripple will be replaced since a long time ago by bitcoin cash. But what happen now?
vividbery

Activity: 221
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 03:59:14 AM

No it won't happen, bitcoin cash cannot replace any other coins that already on top of its. Other coins has bigger value and followers that will be very hard to overtake.
Afnan_faizah

Activity: 784
Merit: 176

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 04:13:50 AM

No, of course not. The original one is always better. People are still trust in bitcoin rather than other cryptocurrencies. The fact that bitcoin has the biggest number market cap among all of cryptocurrencies. The price of bitcoin is fall because this is part of volatility of new currency. So it wouldn't going down forever.

Sepertinya sudah waktunya, kalau menurut saya lebih baik lump sum sekarang. 30/01/2024.
labake

Activity: 308
Merit: 15

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 04:17:08 AM

This could be a nightmare though, one of the factors that would make any coin overtake bitcoin is the trading volume which is absolutely far behind from BTC. BCH is not using as trading pair yet on any exchange if i'm getting it right. I disagree that BCH would even near BTC, the funniest paret is BCH was forked from BTC. Impossibility from my opinion though
nguyenthicamtu

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 04:17:37 AM

Now, there are two opposite community between Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash. Everyone also said that their coin is better, but you should remember that Bitcoin Cash is seperated from Bitcoin and anyway,in my opinion that Bitcoin Cash can not replace Bitcoin
maiden

Activity: 457
Merit: 11

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 04:20:45 AM

this has been questioned before. bitcoin cash will not take the place of bitcoin, bitcoin cash is only an altcoin, an altcoin wont be able to surpass bitcoin, the mother of all altcoins.

waligu

Activity: 259
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 04:29:33 AM

Bitcoin Cash is a personal project of Roger's Ver, who promotes it in every possible way. He believes that bitcoin is old, but it's not. Bitcoin has the largest number of developers who constantly modernize the system. Over time, bitcoin cash will not be needed, since all of its best qualities will work in Bitcoin

ocid

Activity: 588
Merit: 256

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 04:34:46 AM

BitcoinCash will remain under Bitcoin, this new type of coin, probably will not shift the position of bitcoin. even on the BitcoinCash coinmarketcap site is in the top four after Ethereum and Xrp, from that order we can clearly see that Bitcoin Cash will not be able to fully replace the position of the No.1 crypto king (Bitcoin).
kere hore

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 04:51:44 AM

Probably yes, but it will not be possible because the BTC is the first currency, and to take the bitcoin position is very difficult because many people think BCH is just a fraction of Bitcoin because Bitcoin has a very long history and a large community
LtMotioN

Activity: 210
Merit: 29

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 06:10:23 AM

If it was going to happen it would have happened by now. I don't see that flippening ever happening.

Over Nov - December the BCH celebrities have just shrouded BCH in so many scandals that  I think it left a sour taste in the mouths of anyone who  might have supported it. A reminder of some of these dark clouds hanging over BCH's history thus far.

1. Spam attacks on bitcoin - then going all over with statements like "bitcoin is slow expensive and unreliable". These always seemed to line up with times BCH promoters had some big interview or conference. I am not sure where the unreliable thing ever came in, I am not aware of how a transaction can not go through. I would argue shorter block times cause orphan blocks which does introduce "unreliable", but BTC is not affected by that.
2. Multiple cases of suspected insider trading by the BCH "celebs". We saw things like when it got added to coinbase/GDAX where BCH hit 9k just by pure manipulation.
3. bitcoin.com advertised "bitcoin wallets"  which were for BCH in reality, they advertised BCH  as bitcoin. Which I am sorry it is not, bitcoin is bitcoin and bitcoin cash is bitcoin cash. This resulted in many people sending funds to the wrong  addresses. After this they came out and said "We are making upgrades to the code to let people get their bitcoin out of a bitcoin cash address" - this was an issue entirely created by them, sort of like a fireman creating fires then putting them out?
4. Miners were abusing the difficulty adjustments, in the early days of BCH about 10x as many coins were created as there should have. They patched this afaik, but still it doesn't inspire me with confidence, nor does the github that has 1/10 of BTC's activity.
5. Tons of dirty marketing, all cases are always made with half truths and telling only one side of the story. All the major promoters always come out as "shady"

I think the above are just some of the issues sitting in people's heads. I don't see many new people going over to support BCH.
To newer people like myself who did not own much BTC at that point we are even less likely to go over since we didn't get the airdrop. I might have just HODL'd it if i got the BCH for free, but I wouldn't go risk money on something like this. I need to decide on one or the other, I don't have the luxury of option A and B like the old timers do.

Dogs are nice, I don't like cats though.
DevilCredit

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 06:14:45 AM

the potential for Bitcoin Cash is high enough to overcome the declining state of Bitcoin. with the full hard work of Bitcoin Cash team will tackle the market issues that Bitcoin typically deals with.
holigans

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 07:21:19 AM

We can already see some upward movement in the market. The development in price is pretty obvious. Price of other coins still depends on the price of Bitcoin, so yeah may be other coins will also recover with the price development of Bitcoin.

I personally think it is because the price of the bitcoin will make it easier to replace bitcoin positions, but it can never be, because the first currency bitcoin in the world and many who know about bitcoin and bitcoin have been widely believed many people with long-term investment short and has a risk that is not too large
btcformula

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 07:26:57 AM

bitcoin cash looking like a property of someone , i think you know that. btc is like universal currency. people behind bch not trusted so i don't think bch can overtake btc
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  

Jump to: