Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 12:37:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoins mining 2013  (Read 1357 times)
hakeriukasx (OP)

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 04:34:39 PM

hello,
Im new in bitcoins mining,i wondering isnt too late to  start mining bitcoins nowadays, even if i would buy KnC Jupiter Bitcoin Mining Rig which does
550Gh/s.Please advise me.Maybe my choice Jupiter mining rig is worthless.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gianogav

Activity: 12

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 08:24:01 PM

If you buy that or any rig today, you'll never ROI. The difficulty is too high and the hardware costs too much. You're better off just buying bitcoins or mining alt coins with GPU's.
Birdy

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 08:26:22 PM

If you buy that or any rig today, you'll never ROI. The difficulty is too high and the hardware costs too much. You're better off just buying bitcoins or mining alt coins with GPU's.

I agree with that.
BarkinTree

Activity: 204
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 08:27:25 PM

mining is so risky! i feel bad for all those with pre-orders who paid in bitcoin! its so sad.  Undecided
sodiumbicarbonate

Activity: 5

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 09:22:26 PM

Let me make say this straight forward: Do not invest in mining equipment at the moment unless you plan on losing money!

thanks for advice. I am going to just do gpu mining for fun in a btcguild pool.
bitcointradingsignals

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 09:45:41 PM

I don't think mining is quite dead as a return-on-investment perspective.

I do think you need to wait until the majority of new ASIC hardware has flushed into the stream. Once the majority of that hardware is actually delivered, and people start mining with it, there will be a huge increase in difficulty.

Once that's done though, the influx of new hardware should slow down (or at least no longer come in avalanches).

Then once you see the difficulty increase curve begin to level out (past asymptote), you can begin to make some educated guesses.

But for now, the next major avalanche hasn't even hit yet. So until then, hang tight, or use a few $10 usb erupters for fun. They are still doing 50k satoshi per day.
passingtrough

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 09:07:31 AM

actually, mining could only be usefull nowadays if you really don't want your coins to be tracked. Moneywise you'll be better off buying BTC, but if you don't want bank- or other accounts point to your bitcoins, you'll have to solo-mine them yourself out of thin air so to speak.
(And if you are using some sort of mining pool, there are other caveats regarding to IP- or email adresses etc... )

So there is some use for hardware, but you'll have to pick your poison Smiley
Wirel

Activity: 44

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 09:27:12 AM

if you find yourself with some decent GPU and you don't pay electricity or if you have good rates you can profit from mining even now. But investing in something like an ASIC you gotta do your calculation very well but who knows if BTC keeps rising you could ROI even a big investment.
wearepoor

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 09:35:59 AM

if you find yourself with some decent GPU and you don't pay electricity or if you have good rates you can profit from mining even now. But investing in something like an ASIC you gotta do your calculation very well but who knows if BTC keeps rising you could ROI even a big investment.

If BTC keeps rising you would be better buying BTC now. Mining is big gamble because of increasing difficulty, and hard to say how many (and when) preorders will be delivered
Wirel

Activity: 44

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 09:41:10 AM

If BTC keeps rising you would be better buying BTC now. Mining is big gamble because of increasing difficulty, and hard to say how many (and when) preorders will be delivered

I agree, BTC prices and delivery times volatilities makes entrance in the mining a risky matter.
beegatewood

Activity: 297
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 10:52:07 AM

hello,
Im new in bitcoins mining,i wondering isnt too late to  start mining bitcoins nowadays, even if i would buy KnC Jupiter Bitcoin Mining Rig which does

If you pre-ordered the 550GH/s then you might have a good chance ROI. But right now if you buy it, you might not ROI cause the difficulty already increased about 80%.....

InwardContour

Activity: 644
Merit: 260

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 10:53:27 AM

i wouldn't get into mining now. ROI will be never. Well, if you pay in $ and BTC goes sky high in price you will make good return, but paying BTC for pre-order is asking to lose money.
BitThink
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 10:59:22 AM

Let me make say this straight forward: Do not invest in mining equipment at the moment unless you plan on losing money!

You can try middlepool.com to get more BTC with your gpu mining.
michal_sjx

Activity: 8

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 01:37:14 PM

What is ROI standfor? Return On Investments?
Hexadecibel
Human Intranet Liason
VIP

Activity: 571
Merit: 504

I still <3 u Satoshi

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 01:55:21 PM

What is ROI standfor? Return On Investments?

Yes.

I think it may be premature to say that you would NEVER ROI with current mining rigs.. I think the question is what is an acceptable time frame for your ROI, and this is subjective.

A few years ago I was mining on several different computers on Slush's pool. At the time my  mining was not profitable, as I was spending much -much- more on electricity than I was getting in BTC. I mined about 8 BTC, which was worth about $40, and it cost me at least $100 in power alone. Now, had I held onto those coins, I would have seen a substantial ROI -a few years later.

So really it depends if you see long term use and adoption of Bitcoin to justify the risk of making the investment in the gear.

JessicaSe
Legendary

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 02:09:24 PM

hello,
Im new in bitcoins mining,i wondering isnt too late to  start mining bitcoins nowadays, even if i would buy KnC Jupiter Bitcoin Mining Rig which does

I believe no mining equipment can be profitable. including GPU for scrypt mining because they are coming out with FPGA and ASIC already. Sooner or later they are going to flood the market like what they did to Bitcoin...
FreedomCoin

Activity: 675
Merit: 507

Freedom to choose

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 05:22:08 PM

You can try middlepool.com to get more BTC with your gpu mining.

What this guy said... i went from BTC Pool mining in late 2012 to Litecoin Mining in Mid 2013 and Now Middlepool mining currently. Still running two 6900s which i traded for two nvidia cards for.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: