Bitcoin Forum
November 19, 2017, 05:24:31 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 [214] 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 ... 274 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Gridcoin (GRC) - first coin utilizing BOINC - Official Thread  (Read 551563 times)
chup

Activity: 434

Me, Myself & I

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 07:28:55 AM

Any expectation how long will Bittrex maintain GRC-wallets? I think problem was solved one week ago.

MEGABONUS 🔥  🔥 up to 8.25% 🔥  🔥  CASHBACK at ALIEXPRESS, Ebay...
dash:Xkj6vADmRDai2P6sdfNaKeadYbmUz1qDMZ; 1Chup2GPtSkTqKKsyvPafhesfBkx1u4b9u - BTC

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
kaaz1

Activity: 3

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 01:30:12 AM

Any expectation how long will Bittrex maintain GRC-wallets? I think problem was solved one week ago.

Gridcoin is driven by only one buggy developer. It seems not to be truly decentralized cryptocurrency now.

Several of buggy releases and several of blockchain snapshots are published in last few weeks.

Developer is just asking people to remove his coin on Poloniex just because they do not compile his new released code fast enough. (He did not even care about security reviews of his code).

Developer is also trying to move some coin from foundation wallet to his friend.

I do not think Gridcoin is secure currency to invest now.

Gridcoin

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2015, 02:11:45 AM

Gridcoin is driven by only one buggy developer. It seems not to be truly decentralized cryptocurrency now.

Several of buggy releases and several of blockchain snapshots are published in last few weeks.

Developer is just asking people to remove his coin on Poloniex just because they do not compile his new released code fast enough. (He did not even care about security reviews of his code).

Developer is also trying to move some coin from foundation wallet to his friend.

Gridcoin is entirely decentralized, including our voting system and our ticket system.  (Kaaz1: FAIL)
Bugs happen, and I apologize for that.  I could not predict a NULL block pointer over the last 14 days - and its fixed.  And, it was released as an emergency to keep us from forking.

Poloniex emails me personally, and they are happy to keep Gridcoin.  (Another Fail) your information is FUD.   I spoke to Tristan TODAY.

The Foundation balance is entirely intact with a 40 character password, and no GRC is going anywhere without a PR vote. 

Next, I will report you to the mods, and you can go back into your basement my scared friend as Im sure you are hiding behind your computer.

Also - a side note - I banned you on CryptoCoinTalk, and there will be a good chance you will be banned here because you are a detraction to the community and you are defacing our forums.

Best Regards,
Rob H.

PS - I have a good reputation for being honest and never misleading.  If anyone thinks that is not the case - please feel free to post.  Im all about transparency.

If we ever had a threat that the foundation coins would be better off with the community, feel free to vote on releasing them and I will be glad to disperse the entire amount back to all the CPIDs/Investors by shares.

Gridcoin: scientia humana libertas
kaaz1

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 02:41:53 AM

Gridcoin is entirely decentralized, including our voting system and our ticket system.  (Kaaz1: FAIL)
Bugs happen, and I apologize for that.  I could not predict a NULL block pointer over the last 14 days - and its fixed.  And, it was released as an emergency to keep us from forking.

Poloniex emails me personally, and they are happy to keep Gridcoin.  (Another Fail) your information is FUD.   I spoke to Tristan TODAY.

The Foundation balance is entirely intact with a 40 character password, and no GRC is going anywhere without a PR vote. 

Next, I will report you to the mods, and you can go back into your basement my scared friend as Im sure you are hiding behind your computer.

Also - a side note - I banned you on CryptoCoinTalk, and there will be a good chance you will be banned here because you are a detraction to the community and you are defacing our forums.

Best Regards,
Rob H.

PS - I have a good reputation for being honest and never misleading.  If anyone thinks that is not the case - please feel free to post.  Im all about transparency.

If we ever had a threat that the foundation coins would be better off with the community, feel free to vote on releasing them and I will be glad to disperse the entire amount back to all the CPIDs/Investors by shares.

Dear Honest developer.

Decentralized by posting entire snapshots and asking all community to download several times in a week?

if you are all transparency, why did you deleted your own post at CCTalk about Poloniex and Foundation coin ?

--- Edited ----

Your deleted post about Poloniex and Foundation coin has recovered by some good guy.

Quote from: Honest Developer

** I just added a new Poll to Stay listed on Poloniex - a poll to refund the bad deposit loss (from the foundation) that Poloniex took during last weeks forking when the subsidies were high and we had 3 successive mandatories/forks **

I think we should do it - Tristan gave me the txids, and we made enough in interest on the foundation node in the last 20 days to cover it.  Its a bona fide loss as she bought back the GRC on ccex the other night in order to cover her withdrawals.

Please see the post #13091 http://i.imgur.com/FLkjWvv.jpg (screenshot taken by web-capture.net)

Gridcoin

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2015, 04:32:46 AM

Best Regards,
Rob H.

Dear Honest developer.

Decentralized by posting entire snapshots and asking all community to download several times in a week?

if you are all transparency, why did you deleted your own post at CCTalk about Poloniex and Foundation coin ?

--- Edited ----

Your deleted post about Poloniex and Foundation coin has recovered by some good guy.

** I just added a new Poll to Stay listed on Poloniex - a poll to refund the bad deposit loss (from the foundation) that Poloniex took during last weeks forking when the subsidies were high and we had 3 successive mandatories/forks **

I think we should do it - Tristan gave me the txids, and we made enough in interest on the foundation node in the last 20 days to cover it.  Its a bona fide loss as she bought back the GRC on ccex the other night in order to cover her withdrawals.

Please see the post #13091 http://i.imgur.com/FLkjWvv.jpg (screenshot taken by web-capture.net)

I deleted it after it was requoted 3 times, so we have a consolidated forum.
 We dont need bad publicity.  Call her on the phone if you want.

Gridcoin: scientia humana libertas
kaaz1

View Profile
July 25, 2015, 05:42:49 AM

Best Regards,
Rob H.

Dear Honest developer.

--- Edited ----

I deleted it after it was requoted 3 times, so we have a consolidated forum.
 We dont need bad publicity.  Call her on the phone if you want.

I apologize to touch your beloved Gridcoin. I will not touch it anymore. Have fun and good luck.

Removing all of my Boinc nodes from Gridcoin team now.
DogecoinMachine
Legendary

Activity: 1260

Crypto-Games.net: Multiple Games, Multiple Coins

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2015, 06:12:11 PM

Can someone explain what's happening with this coin for last 2 months?
I cant get the wallet sync. Wallet is 3.4.6.0 and stuck at 282412 block. It has active connections and says syncing.
Restarted multiple times, uninstalled, installed again. Same isue  Huh

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
▀██████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████
BTC  ◉PLAY  ◉XMR  ◉DOGE  ◉STRAT  ◉ETH  ◉GRC  ◉LTC  ◉DASH  ◉PPC
     ▄▄██████████████▄▄
  ▄██████████████████████▄        █████
▄██████████████████████████▄      █████
████ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ████     ▄██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ▄██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ██
████ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ████ ▄██████▄
████████████████████████████ ████████
███████▀            ▀███████ ▀██████▀
█████▀                ▀█████
▀██████████████████████████▀
  ▀▀████████████████████▀▀ 
DICE           
BLACKJACK
PLINKO       
VIDEO POKER
ROULETTE     
LOTTO             
spassbold

Activity: 132

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 10:19:18 PM

Can someone explain what's happening with this coin for last 2 months?
I cant get the wallet sync. Wallet is 3.4.6.0 and stuck at 282412 block. It has active connections and says syncing.
Restarted multiple times, uninstalled, installed again. Same isue  Huh

The main forum is here so better ask for advice there: https://cryptocointalk.com/forum/464-gridcoin-grc/

However I can try to help. Have you tried doing these: http://wiki.gridcoin.us/FAQ#I_certainly_fell_off_the_consensus_chain.2C_how_to_get_back_on.3F

There were many many updates lately, the way how the Research Reward is paid out has changed and that's probably the reason for the problem.
traderman
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2015, 10:24:18 PM

Max Block Reward for #Gridcoin drops down to 100 until the end of October!

https://twitter.com/GridcoinNetwork/status/627966888375521280
Quezacoatl

Activity: 81

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 08:58:29 AM

In Testnet we are currently testing a feature called Research Age. This allows EVERYONE to get paid eventually for his/her research activity. Unlike Bitcoin, you do not need a high sophisticated mining hardware or a high balance in other POS currencies to stake your block.

It will be only a matter of time that you get your fair share of what you have mined (= researched in BOINC).

Dont get me wrong, right now you will also be fully paid on your research activity. But with many many more researchers/miners in the future we will need the Research Age feature because of the limited block number per day.
traderman
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 11:59:42 AM

Rob needs to start posting here again.

In Testnet we are currently testing a feature called Research Age. This allows EVERYONE to get paid eventually for his/her research activity. Unlike Bitcoin, you do not need a high sophisticated mining hardware or a high balance in other POS currencies to stake your block.

It will be only a matter of time that you get your fair share of what you have mined (= researched in BOINC).

Dont get me wrong, right now you will also be fully paid on your research activity. But with many many more researchers/miners in the future we will need the Research Age feature because of the limited block number per day.
sEpuLchEr

Activity: 252

Are we there yet?

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 12:04:15 PM

We all need to start posting here again. LOL. But it's hard to do when we're so active on the other.  I mean, 13.5k post over there just one a single thread!

Guess we have to work harder!

Gridcoin is currently UNDER PROMOTED and we need to get the word out!

traderman
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 12:15:30 PM

I think we should inform everyone else in the Cryptocointalk thread about this thread and urge them to post regularly.

We all need to start posting here again. LOL. But it's hard to do when we're so active on the other.  I mean, 13.5k post over there just one a single thread!

Guess we have to work harder!

Gridcoin is currently UNDER PROMOTED and we need to get the word out!
sEpuLchEr

Are we there yet?

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 12:19:06 PM

I think we should inform everyone else in the Cryptocointalk thread about this thread and urge them to post regularly.

Agree.

I mean.. really, we have so much tech and very very active development in Gridcoin, but yet we are still pretty much unknown. And it's not a new coin! We have been around!

spassbold

Activity: 132

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 12:50:11 PM

I would suggest starting a new thread once ResearchAge is finished and then start with good documentation about setting up everything and explanation how the coin works exactly and then also try to be active around here.
sEpuLchEr

Are we there yet?

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 12:51:09 PM

Retweet retweet https://twitter.com/WinstonTew/status/629633980296335360 not that it's a very good tweet, but it's still a tweet!

traderman
Legendary

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 01:13:13 PM

I just did, btw, does anyone know why GRC is frozen on Poloniex?

Retweet retweet https://twitter.com/WinstonTew/status/629633980296335360 not that it's a very good tweet, but it's still a tweet!
sEpuLchEr

Are we there yet?

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 01:44:36 PM

I just did, btw, does anyone know why GRC is frozen on Poloniex?

Not sure actually. Could be the same problem CCEX and BITTREX face the last time with money supply going out of whack which has been fixed.

sEpuLchEr

Are we there yet?

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 07:38:57 PM

Who like FREE coins?

Faucets:
    http://pool.gridcoin.us/Faucet.aspx
    http://faucet.gridcoin.asia/
    http://grcfaucet.tk/
    #gridcoin on Freenode or https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net:6667/#gridcoin - drips to 10 random members every 3 hours
         *nickname must be registered
         *sometimes the channel rains, sometimes it pours, join us for great conversation and free GRC
    #gridcoin-games on Freenode or https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net:6667/#gridcoin-games - free games that pay GRC just for playing

Quezacoatl

Activity: 81

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 11:09:18 PM

First post has been updated!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=324118.0
Pages: « 1 ... 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 [214] 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 ... 274 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.