Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:35:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 291 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Gridcoin (GRC) - first coin utilizing BOINC - Official Thread  (Read 597301 times)
Gridcoin (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2013, 05:46:47 PM

That's actually stored in the block and not in the wallet so that's why it is so perplexing.
I'm going to analyze a corrupt wallet file.

Rob H.

Gridcoin: scientia humana libertas
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Inrideo

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 06:26:05 PM

Oh, I've done salvagewallet, reinstalls, etc.
It just pops up again.

No worries. Just reporting the errors with whatever extra data comes along.

I don't think I reported this particular error before, though I've been getting it regularly:

System error: CDB(): can't open database file wallet.dat, error -30974

Even when I use my backup wallet to recover that will pop up again after a bit.

There should be a gridcoin bug bounty program Cheesy
As TribalBob suggested, doing the
gridcoin-qt -salvagewallet
command may work for you.

This bug is affecting about 10% of the wallets and seems to go away when you delete your data folder and start a new wallet.  Im working on diagnosing it.  I certainly believe it has something to do with the wallet file, and/or if something is being stored in there making it bigger (that we are not aware of at this time)!

Rest assured Ill be working on this next.

Grid

Gridcoin :: GGEijprFRgB8LFVDLbdKQK9CcysFXAXRop
Sir William

Activity: 128
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 09:52:15 PM

I'm running the 64 bit version of Windows 8.  I'm having a critical error running the client in server mode.  I was able to run the client initially to update it, but when I started it in server mode it bombs on the Gridcoin Mining Module.   I then get a "Gridcoin-qt has stopped working".   Sad  I have the 64 bit version of Boinc (7.2.33), but the Gridcoin client is not attached.  The contents of my gridcoin.conf un my Roaming/Gridcoin directory is below.

server=1
rpcuser=myusername
rpcpassword=mypassword
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=9332

Is there anything else I can try?

traderman
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 09:59:34 PM

run it as administrator.

I'm running the 64 bit version of Windows 8.  I'm having a critical error running the client in server mode.  I was able to run the client initially to update it, but when I started it in server mode it bombs on the Gridcoin Mining Module.   I then get a "Gridcoin-qt has stopped working".   Sad  I have the 64 bit version of Boinc (7.2.33), but the Gridcoin client is not attached.  The contents of my gridcoin.conf un my Roaming/Gridcoin directory is below.

server=1
rpcuser=myusername
rpcpassword=mypassword
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=9332

Is there anything else I can try?

Gridcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2013, 10:51:10 PM

New version available at www.gridcoin.us (1.1.4.0, MSI 5.6):

Please upgrade using the prod-msi, as this version has a new file in it (GPUEnumerator) that will be used in the future to show GPU device names and channels in the mining window.

The theory is that when we exit the wallet ungracefully, the BerkeleyDB database files are left in an unstable state and haven't been
flushed properly.  

In this version, we remove the restartwallet feature, the Close Wallet button and we force the code to exit gracefully when the wallet
exits, and during an upgrade.

After deleting your program files (x86)\gridcoin directory and reinstalling, you may have to re-launch the MSI and click Repair for it
to register the TLB files properly.

Best Regards,
Rob Halford

Gridcoin: scientia humana libertas
insanehero

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

A tough dogie

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 11:02:14 PM

I'm buying Gridcoin if any of you want to sell for BTC!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=366127.0

^^^^Buy Thread ^^^^^

CATCOINS 4 LIFE! 9qpWzT1QkEuY7dUAhrVjbK2LawPzG1cs2U
A L I E N
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 01:08:57 AM

Total coins: Gridcoin is scheduled to produce 84 million currency units.

I disagree on that. Even with 100GRC per block, it should be 168 millioni currency units. Am I right or I misunderstood.

It is in fact ~168 million estimated as stated in the first post.
thenoblebot

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 09:40:43 AM

Hey,

Finally got hold of a 7950. However this is my first time mining so I am not sure what settings to put into the miner http://imgur.com/nLZzSRA ?
Sorry for the noob question. Can anybody help me please ?
thenoblebot

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 10:06:13 AM

Am I doing this correct ? What should I put for the question marks ?

Host : 127.0.0.1
Port : 9332
Username : myusername                              (same as in conf file)
Password : mypassword                               (same as in conf file)
Device :   ?                                                (0-0 Tahitit OR 0-1 CPU ?)
Extra Flags : ?
Thread Concurrency : ?
Worksize : ?
Vectors : ?
Intensity: ?
GPU Threads : ?
GPU Defaults : ?                                  (has an option for 7950 (high/low usage) which provides defaults should i use defaults ? or better settings available ?)
Use stratum : ?                                   (I am assuming its no)
andrewp

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 11:52:28 AM

Hi everyone!

Just an idea:
Would it be possible to add BOINC statistics for users in Gridcoin teams to the block explorer website?
So we would be able to check how much work we all did for BOINC, some averages, maybe a ladder sorted by who did most etc.

It would be nice to see and keep track of our contribution to BOINC.

Andrew.

Proud Gridcoiner since 2013!
traderman
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 12:54:47 PM

get the guiminer scrypt, you can choose the setting for the 7950 right from the window.

Am I doing this correct ? What should I put for the question marks ?

Host : 127.0.0.1
Port : 9332
Username : myusername                              (same as in conf file)
Password : mypassword                               (same as in conf file)
Device :   ?                                                (0-0 Tahitit OR 0-1 CPU ?)
Extra Flags : ?
Thread Concurrency : ?
Worksize : ?
Vectors : ?
Intensity: ?
GPU Threads : ?
GPU Defaults : ?                                  (has an option for 7950 (high/low usage) which provides defaults should i use defaults ? or better settings available ?)
Use stratum : ?                                   (I am assuming its no)
thenoblebot

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 01:20:26 PM

get the guiminer scrypt, you can choose the setting for the 7950 right from the window.

Hi traderman,
I have got guiminer scrypt .. is this not it  ? http://imgur.com/nLZzSRA
However when I opened the gridcoin-qt the second time it somehow got detached from the mining window see this http://imgur.com/DEKCE3d

As you can see its showing a lower hashrate for the 7950.
Also Am I supposed to select "tahitit" from the device option ? Could you post a screenshot of how it looks on your system ? Mine has been running at 550 khps without finding a block for the past 3-4 hours.

Thanks
traderman
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 01:52:55 PM

550 is ok, you will find maybe 1-5 blocks per day. the difficulty is already higher then before. so just leave it.

Hi traderman,
I have got guiminer scrypt .. is this not it  ? http://imgur.com/nLZzSRA
However when I opened the gridcoin-qt the second time it somehow got detached from the mining window see this http://imgur.com/DEKCE3d

As you can see its showing a lower hashrate for the 7950.
Also Am I supposed to select "tahitit" from the device option ? Could you post a screenshot of how it looks on your system ? Mine has been running at 550 khps without finding a block for the past 3-4 hours.

Thanks
thenoblebot

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 02:13:59 PM

550 is ok, you will find maybe 1-5 blocks per day. the difficulty is already higher then before. so just leave it.

Thanks again traderman. Is it not too less for a 7950 ? the litecoin hardware comparison page says 702 khps (so thats 20% less almost !!). Also just curious what do you mean by "so just leave it " ? Tongue

I will report tomorrow in about 12 hours if i have recieved a block.
traderman
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 02:21:06 PM

I have had several 7950 and i can tell you without overclocking the card to the max you will not get 700 and the card will be running very high temps, which is not good.

Thanks again traderman. Is it not too less for a 7950 ? the litecoin hardware comparison page says 702 khps (so thats 20% less almost !!). Also just curious what do you mean by "so just leave it " ? Tongue

I will report tomorrow in about 12 hours if i have recieved a block.
traderman
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 02:23:11 PM

If you are running Boinc please join team Gridcoin http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/team/viewTeamInfo.do?teamId=BBNGDQS832 @ the World Community Grid. You can just add it as one of your projects in Boinc.

Currently our team has only 8 guys. I am sure if the whole Gridcoin community joins in we can kick some serious butt.

The more people we get to join the higher we go in the rankings and the more publicity Gridcoin will get.

So, JOIN IN.
datguyian

Activity: 840
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 05:41:53 PM

I'm trying to get this going, but none of the boinc links are working... seems like Berkeley's sub site for boinc is down right now. Does anyone have a mirror they could post?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▄▄██████████████▄
     █████████████████████▄
   █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀▀       ▀▀██████▄
 █████████               █████
▐███████▌                 ▀███▌
████████                   ████
▐██████▌                   ▐██▌
 ███████                   ███
  ███████                 ███
   ▀██████▄             ▄██▀
     ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
        ▀▀███████████▀▀

▄▄▄             ▄▄▄           ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
 ███             ███           ███   ███████▄      ███        ████████      ███                   ████████       ██████▄       ███   ███████████████▄
 ███             ███           ███   ███ ▀████     ███       ███▀  ▀███     ███                  ███▀  ▀███      ███ ▀███▄     ███   ███         ▀███
 ███             ███           ███   ███   ▀███▄   ███      ███▀    ▀███    ███                 ███▀    ▀███     ███   ████    ███   ███          ███
 ███             ███           ███   ███     ▀███▄ ███     ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████   ███                ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████    ███    ▀███▄  ███   ███          ███
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███       ███████    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███      ▀███▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
  ▀████████████▌  ▀█████████████▀    ███        ▀▀████   ███▀          ▀███  ▀█████████████  ███▀          ▀███  ███        ▀▀████   █████████████▀▀
                     ▄▄███████
                 ▄████████████
              ▄██████▀▀▀██████
       ▄▄   ▄███████     ████
   ▄▄███▀  ██████████▄▄▄████▀
 ▄████▀▀  █████████████████
         ████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
          ▀█████████▀
     ▄█▀    ▀██▀▀   ▄▄
    ██  ▄█▀      ▄███▌
   █████▀        ███▀
   ▀▀▀          ███▀
                ▀     

▄█████████  ███       ██▄      ▄██         █████       ████▌   ▄██████████   
 ██▌          ███        ▀██▄  ▄██▀          ██▌███     ██▀██▌  ▐██           
 ███████████  ███          ▀████▀            ██▌ ███   ██▀ ██▌  ▐███████████   
 ██▌          ███▄          ▐██▌             ██▌  ███ ██▀  ██▌  ▐██           
 ██▌           ▀█████████   ▐██▌             ██▌   ▀███▀   ██▌   ▀██████████

█████████████▌  ▄███████████▄         █████████████▌  ██▌      ▐██    ▄██████████         █████       █████    ▄██████████▄     ▄██████████▄   ▐████▄     ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▀       ▀██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐██                  ██▌███     ███▐██   ▐██▀      ▀██▌   ▐██▀      ▀██▌  ▐██▀███    ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██         ██▌             ▐██        ████████████   ▐███████████         ██▌ ███   ███ ▐██   ▐██        ██▌   ▐██        ██▌  ▐██  ▀██▄  ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▄       ▄██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐█▌                  ██▌  ███ ███  ▐██   ▐██▄      ▄██▌   ▐██▄      ▄██▌  ▐██    ▀██▄▐██ 
      ▐██        ▀███████████▀              ▐██        ██▌      ▐██    ▀██████████         ██▌   ▀███▀   ▐██    ▀██████████▀     ▀██████████▀   ▐██      ▀████ 
  (
BUY LLN
)Twitter
Facebook
Telegram
aysyr

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 05:52:16 PM

I'm trying to get this going, but none of the boinc links are working... seems like Berkeley's sub site for boinc is down right now. Does anyone have a mirror they could post?

Yea seems like they are down.

I uploaded the copy I used to Google Docs so you can use this for now if you like

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxcCulFRYg57akN6dVVYNl9WMlU/edit?usp=sharing

Trade at C-Cex, my favorite exchange!          Aysyr Reputation Thread
datguyian

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 06:02:29 PM

Yea seems like they are down.

I uploaded the copy I used to Google Docs so you can use this for now if you like

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxcCulFRYg57akN6dVVYNl9WMlU/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks!

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▄▄██████████████▄
     █████████████████████▄
     ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
        ▀▀███████████▀▀

▄▄▄             ▄▄▄           ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
 ███             ███           ███   ███████▄      ███        ████████      ███                   ████████       ██████▄       ███   ███████████████▄
 ███             ███           ███   ███ ▀████     ███       ███▀  ▀███     ███                  ███▀  ▀███      ███ ▀███▄     ███   ███         ▀███
 ███             ███           ███   ███   ▀███▄   ███      ███▀    ▀███    ███                 ███▀    ▀███     ███   ████    ███   ███          ███
 ███             ███           ███   ███     ▀███▄ ███     ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████   ███                ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████    ███    ▀███▄  ███   ███          ███
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███       ███████    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███      ▀███▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
  ▀████████████▌  ▀█████████████▀    ███        ▀▀████   ███▀          ▀███  ▀█████████████  ███▀          ▀███  ███        ▀▀████   █████████████▀▀
                     ▄▄███████
                 ▄████████████
              ▄██████▀▀▀██████
       ▄▄   ▄███████     ████
         ████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
          ▀█████████▀
     ▄█▀    ▀██▀▀   ▄▄
    ██  ▄█▀      ▄███▌
   █████▀        ███▀
   ▀▀▀          ███▀
                ▀     

█████████████▌  ▄███████████▄         █████████████▌  ██▌      ▐██    ▄██████████         █████       █████    ▄██████████▄     ▄██████████▄   ▐████▄     ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▀       ▀██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐██                  ██▌███     ███▐██   ▐██▀      ▀██▌   ▐██▀      ▀██▌  ▐██▀███    ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██         ██▌             ▐██        ████████████   ▐███████████         ██▌ ███   ███ ▐██   ▐██        ██▌   ▐██        ██▌  ▐██  ▀██▄  ▐██ 
      ▐██       ▐██▄       ▄██▌             ▐██        ██▌      ▐██   ▐█▌                  ██▌  ███ ███  ▐██   ▐██▄      ▄██▌   ▐██▄      ▄██▌  ▐██    ▀██▄▐██ 
      ▐██        ▀███████████▀              ▐██        ██▌      ▐██    ▀██████████         ██▌   ▀███▀   ▐██    ▀██████████▀     ▀██████████▀   ▐██      ▀████ 
  (
BUY LLN
)Twitter
Facebook
Telegram
datguyian

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 07:00:53 PM
Last edit: December 11, 2013, 07:12:43 PM by datguyian

Anyone else having trouble syncing up? I've tried re-downloading the block chain two times, but getting stuck at block #29645

Edit: Just realized it's probably because I'm on 1.0.3.6. and the website says i need 1.1.3.9... but the website MSI points to 1.0.2.5 and the .zip shows 1.0.3.6... where can I download 1.1.3.9?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▄▄██████████████▄
     █████████████████████▄
     ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
        ▀▀███████████▀▀

▄▄███████
                 ▄████████████
              ▄██████▀▀▀██████
       ▄▄   ▄███████     ████
         ████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
          ▀█████████▀
     ▄█▀    ▀██▀▀   ▄▄
    ██  ▄█▀      ▄███▌
   █████▀        ███▀
   ▀▀▀          ███▀
                ▀     

(
BUY LLN
)Twitter
Facebook
Telegram
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 291 »
  Print  

Jump to: