Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 10:05:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 [110] 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 ... 291 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Gridcoin (GRC) - first coin utilizing BOINC - Official Thread  (Read 597300 times)
heretolearn

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 09:44:58 AM

C-cex has been down for quite a bit now ... the bad part is we get demoted down on coincapmarket ... hope it comes up sooner.

UPDATE : Its up now Cheesy. Seems like a darkcoin issue was causing problems.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
asdlolciterquit

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 09:50:01 AM

..Not sure where I check my daily tally. I started running BOINC around 29 hours ago and have just shy of 3k credits according to the malariacontrol website, my mining module shows my daily average credits: 70. Still haven't gotten any coin in the past 11 hours. Boinc Utilization 53.

this is normal. Your daily avg credits will slowly grow up in the next days, max two weeks. Don't worry about it! Smiley
asdlolciterquit

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 09:58:33 AM

What I don't understand:
If I were to shut off my GPU miners, what would change? Thus far I've found two blocks (pool enabled) and my payouts have been 14, 75, 75, and 47 all over a 4 hour period, then absolute 0 for the past 8 hours. So I found 2 blocks and got paid 4 times then completely flatlined? If I'm running 100% utilization on Boinc but not GPU mining, what kind of payout would I get? If I turned GPU miners back on?

you had pool mined true or false? and cpumined?

with poolmining enabled you'll start to get payment only after you'll find a block. After that you'll receive a little payout for every blocks found. This even if you don't have cgminer running anymore. After that, you need to find an other block to keep receive payouts...
and so on.
If you keep mining in pool, more block you find, more grc you'll give.

Keep in mind that cpumining and gpumining (in pool or not) are totally separated.

P.S: if i wrote something wrong, please correct me.

So far nothing makes sense, my wallet sent out one beacon at 20:50 yesterday, then 2 more at 21:19 and 21:45 today. Why does it send out beacons? And is it totally random when it does send out beacons? I have no understanding of what's going out, and no understanding of what's coming in.

if you have cpumined on, the wallet will send a few beacons after sometimes that you have started it. Maybe this sometimes becomes hours. (this happen usually to me). After that you'll start to receive payment until a max of 150grc.

It send out beacons for a reason but i don't remember it...someone had wrote it some posts ago.
BobbyMcWho

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 02:44:35 PM

Hello, please vote for Gridcoin on CryptoRush.in!

https://www.cryptorush.in/index.php?p=vote
traderman
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 03:07:49 PM

Just voted on CryptoRush!
COINPRADER

Activity: 150

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 04:24:33 PM

Just got this from Qoinpro support:

"Good morning,

Thank you for your e-mail and suggestion. I've recorded the suggestion in our internal project development system voted Gridcoin +1.

If you have any other feedback, suggestion, feature request, bug-report or question, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Sincerely,

The QoinPro.com Support Team"

The link is below.  Join and email support to add.  This is not an exchange - but they would be a purchaser of coin to fund their faucet...

Trying to get these guys to add Gridcoin to their faucet - figured the more people with coins - the more interest:

http://www.qoinpro.com/7c5df229ff0a2ac29c4200afada03f63

Their FAQs say to email support with coin ideas...

Add some science to your mining!  GRIDCOIN
andrewp

Activity: 144

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 10:48:55 PM

Hi eveyone!

We have made a new record today! Over 2.5 million credits!
Also, we're already at 92nd place in the world!

Great Job!
Andrew.

Proud Gridcoiner since 2013!
traderman
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 10:51:18 PM

Gridcoin is kicking ass and taking names!! I want to see that number go to 10 million per day. That would be very cool.

Hi eveyone!

We have made a new record today! Over 2.5 million credits!
Also, we're already at 92nd place in the world!

Great Job!
Andrew.
Gridcoin (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 11:48:38 PM

New Version Available:
1.1.6.5/80/8.5:
- Auto shrink debug file to 200k during start
- Removed cgminer from MSI
- Added "Download CGMiner 3.4.0" button to Mining Configuration Page
- Made the software honor the full speed checkbox after a restart
- Enabled an in-client Pop Up warning message with the network message.  Message will only be displayed once.
- Modified CPU Mining beacons to be sent once every 72 hours.
- Modified CPU mining payments to have a lookback period of 72 hours.  
- Modified CPU Mining payments to pay 150grc*3 (450) in as large chunks as possible per host.  
- Modified the 3rd party API check to enforce team Gridcoin.
- Modified 3rd party API check to remove miners who have been paid in full for the lookback period from credit checks (to reduce unecessary hits on the API).
- Added Pool authentication.
- Added the following keys to gridcoin.conf:
   a.  poolurl:  Enter the URL for the pool.  For example: http://pool.gridcoin.us
   b.  pooluser: Enter the pool username (set up in the pool website).
   c.  poolpassword: Enter the pool password (set up in the pool website).  
- When gridcoin starts if poolurl is set, it will auto authenticate with the pool, and reauthenticate every 30 mins automatically.
- Moved scrypt_sleep start to block 73000
- Consolidated the listcpuminers report into rows

***** Attention: Please upgrade as soon as possible since these CPU miner changes will break compatibility with all clients *****

Gridcoin: scientia humana libertas
Gridcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2014, 12:06:51 AM

Hmmm, in that case Rob should edit OP to reflect the correct number of total coins because for right now it says "~168 million"

I modified it, however it might go down to somewhere between 168 million and 300 million after our pools go live, since cpuminers will have to hash using minerd (cpuminer-scrypt).

That should be a boon for our exchange value.

Grid

I noticed that on the gridcoin.us homepage it also mentions 168 million coins in a couple places

Will change it asap; its on my todo list again.  Rob H.

COINPRADER

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 12:19:36 AM

Worked great!  Team name showed up just fine.
Looks like CGMINER loads from prior version.

New Version Available:
1.1.6.5/80/8.5:
- Auto shrink debug file to 200k during start
- Removed cgminer from MSI
- Added "Download CGMiner 3.4.0" button to Mining Configuration Page
- Made the software honor the full speed checkbox after a restart
- Enabled an in-client Pop Up warning message with the network message.  Message will only be displayed once.
- Modified CPU Mining beacons to be sent once every 72 hours.
- Modified CPU mining payments to have a lookback period of 72 hours.  
- Modified CPU Mining payments to pay 150grc*3 (450) in as large chunks as possible per host.  
- Modified the 3rd party API check to enforce team Gridcoin.
- Modified 3rd party API check to remove miners who have been paid in full for the lookback period from credit checks (to reduce unecessary hits on the API).
- Added Pool authentication.
- Added the following keys to gridcoin.conf:
   a.  poolurl:  Enter the URL for the pool.  For example: http://pool.gridcoin.us
   b.  pooluser: Enter the pool username (set up in the pool website).
   c.  poolpassword: Enter the pool password (set up in the pool website).  
- When gridcoin starts if poolurl is set, it will auto authenticate with the pool, and reauthenticate every 30 mins automatically.
- Moved scrypt_sleep start to block 73000
- Consolidated the listcpuminers report into rows

***** Attention: Please upgrade as soon as possible since these CPU miner changes will break compatibility with all clients *****

Gridcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2014, 12:23:00 AM

Hello gridcoin community,  I just invested in gridcoin and also early adopter and investor in Vertcoin and Darkcoin.  I have noticed that this coin have been for a
Couple of months and for gridcoins potential and qualities is vastly undervalued and I think I know why.

We just need to focus on one task to make the "first scientific achievement",  with gridcoin mining network, No matter if is insignificant. I mean as stated bu other blogger before, people don't know what is bionic or how it works(neither myself).
     I googled for gridcoin in the news section and not a single exclusive article for gridcoin.
To be short and not complicate the community.  Gridcoin needs at least 10 minutes of glory in crypto to be taken seriosly by real investors,  so lets say if we can prove that gridcoin network found a "prime number" or "1 part of a protein fold", "saved carbon footprint calculation", "calculating tides for surfers"  or whatever is easier(for the moment) let's be communitive creative and honest for the "first achievement"  ,  you will be on the news and articles for free and therefore probing that you are not wasting time and money for something we might start noticing in a couple of years then the real world can start recognizing and backing up gridcoin, buying coin and increasing value, then we holders can start "real money"( i mean the 1 dollar level)'investing in gridcoin(upgrades, PR, charitable causes etc), like the vertcoin, darkcoin and doge community does, that is the little difference I see why the price of gridcoin is not at least 0.001 btc now. You are doing everything right but we need that jumpstart.

There goes my honest opinion.

Greetings!

Thanks; very good perspective; WCG recently had a breakthrough and all BOINC/WCG users can partially take credit but I agree this would be cool to have a news section so we can list real accomplishments and milestones.

SeriousCoins14

Activity: 154

Coinoholic

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 12:23:53 AM

What I don't understand:
If I were to shut off my GPU miners, what would change? Thus far I've found two blocks (pool enabled) and my payouts have been 14, 75, 75, and 47 all over a 4 hour period, then absolute 0 for the past 8 hours. So I found 2 blocks and got paid 4 times then completely flatlined? If I'm running 100% utilization on Boinc but not GPU mining, what kind of payout would I get? If I turned GPU miners back on?

you had pool mined true or false? and cpumined?

with poolmining enabled you'll start to get payment only after you'll find a block. After that you'll receive a little payout for every blocks found. This even if you don't have cgminer running anymore. After that, you need to find an other block to keep receive payouts...
and so on.
If you keep mining in pool, more block you find, more grc you'll give.

Keep in mind that cpumining and gpumining (in pool or not) are totally separated.

So far nothing makes sense, my wallet sent out one beacon at 20:50 yesterday, then 2 more at 21:19 and 21:45 today. Why does it send out beacons? And is it totally random when it does send out beacons? I have no understanding of what's going out, and no understanding of what's coming in.

if you have cpumined on, the wallet will send a few beacons after sometimes that you have started it. Maybe this sometimes becomes hours. (this happen usually to me). After that you'll start to receive payment until a max of 150grc.

It send out beacons for a reason but i don't remember it...someone had wrote it some posts ago.

I don't know what's going on, it's just going down hill. I turned pool mining off on another users advice. I checked my GPU miner when I got in tonight and looked at the times for my found shares compared to wallet, no payments received anywhere around those time periods. As my mining console "avg daily credits" grows, my payouts have now dropped to the 0.5 - 3 GRC range, I'm not making anything now.

I'm leaving this on because I would rather contribute to BOINC over using my computers as high powered furnaces, but I have to have botched up settings somehow. I'll delete everything but wallet and start fresh one more time.

XBC BTUCL6SoNCMYmvmY7tJ33EdtdvyNL4wdhr
COINPRADER

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 12:27:53 AM

Rob
I know you are up to your elbows with alligators now - but I don't want to forget.
A few pages back you mentioned an interview with a PR guy.  In some of your replys you mentioned setting up a Gridcoin Foundation - who may have a charity arm.  I have some thoughts on this;
1)  While you are building the mining pool - please add a "donate %" option for those of us who would love to contribute a % of our mining to charity (send the % mined to a charity wallet for the foundation to disperse once setup)
2)  It would be great if the Gridcoin Foundation charities would focus on providing funds to BOINC projects (I know SETI sends me a request every year for donations to upgrade equipment).  I checked a couple out and at least a few are registered 501(c)(3) charities.
3)  If you need help with setting up/running foundation - just yell.  I have setup and been on the boards of a few charities.

Gridcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2014, 12:29:24 AM

Hi SC,

If you were poolmining at one time and found => 1 block, you should be in the "listminers" list.  Try that.  Next, you should be paid for approx. 8 days during a 5 hour window (around your wallet hour) for those blocks.

Your cpumining may not be working; do you have "cpumining=true" in your config?  Have you set up your GRC address in the official site, and does Projects show RAC > 0 on each project?

Good luck,
Grid

Gridcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2014, 12:30:58 AM

Rob
I know you are up to your elbows with alligators now - but I don't want to forget.
A few pages back you mentioned an interview with a PR guy.  In some of your replys you mentioned setting up a Gridcoin Foundation - who may have a charity arm.  I have some thoughts on this;
1)  While you are building the mining pool - please add a "donate %" option for those of us who would love to contribute a % of our mining to charity (send the % mined to a charity wallet for the foundation to disperse once setup)
2)  It would be great if the Gridcoin Foundation charities would focus on providing funds to BOINC projects (I know SETI sends me a request every year for donations to upgrade equipment).  I checked a couple out and at least a few are registered 501(c)(3) charities.
3)  If you need help with setting up/running foundation - just yell.  I have setup and been on the boards of a few charities.

Excellent ideas!  Rest assured, this charity work will be coming.  I love the ideas, and would like to change the face of Gridcoin, eventually.
I'll definitely ask you for help.

Gridcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2014, 12:35:29 AM

Hey guys, I'll send out the pool instructions in a couple of mins.  There is one step that is not self explanatory.

Rob H.

Gridcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2014, 12:51:18 AM

Gridcoin Pool Instructions:

- Note: The pool is in alpha so I recommend pointing an extra instance of cgminer at it
until we have it debugged.
- The main difference between a traditional pool and the gridcoin pool is this pool requires the gridcoin-qt
client to authenticate to the pool (in order to send boinc information over SSL) before you can mine.
Gridcoin QT will do this on every re-start and once every 30 minutes, and also when you push the "re-authenticate"
button.  You can also go to mining | pools and push that button (going to be used for a future purpose when more pools
exist).
- This pool does not require a block to be found before you start accruing payments.
- Once every 30 minutes we will repopulate the leaderboard to show progress of all miners.
- Once per day, the pool does a currency sweep; it sends all of the payments earned to the individual accounts.
 Withdrawals are done by the user.
- You can see your progress by going to Account and refresh the page.
- Modify CGMiner with the following settings to connect to the pool:
{
  "pools" : [
      {
          "url" : "http://pool.gridcoin.us/Getwork.aspx?user=yourweb_miner_usernamehere&pass=your_miner_password",
      "user":"thisdoesnotmatterbutneedstobehere", "pass":"lol"
     }
],
"api-listen" : true,
"api-port" : "4001",
"api-allow" : "W:127.0.0.1",
"intensity" : "17",

- Add 3 lines to your gridcoin config:
pooluser=your_web_username **Note: This is the master web account in the pool, NOT the miner account name!
poolpassword=your_web_password
poolurl=http://pool.gridcoin.us 
To test these settings, go into gridcoin to mining | Pools and click Authenticate, it should show success or fail.

Best of Luck Mining!

Rob H.

Ardolafat

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 25, 2014, 01:26:42 AM

http://explorer.gridcoin.us/

the blockexplorer is down again, we can be delisted at coinmarketcap if this will not be fixed soon Undecided
Gridcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2014, 01:57:27 AM

http://explorer.gridcoin.us/

the blockexplorer is down again, we can be delisted at coinmarketcap if this will not be fixed soon Undecided

OK, I restarted it.  I know the root cause, and will be moving it on Sat to a new server.

Rob H.

Pages: « 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 [110] 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 ... 291 »
  Print  

Jump to: