Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:32:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 [139] 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 ... 291 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Gridcoin (GRC) - first coin utilizing BOINC - Official Thread  (Read 597300 times)
rikkie

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Richard Coleman - Chief Executive @ CloudThink.IO

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 10:20:05 PM

Have again problems with my wallet synchronize. Maybe i shall redownload and start again.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
andrewp

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 12:06:15 AM

Unfortunately for now it is, if it wasn't for the recent hacking incidents we would have an improved linux wallet, but this is a very complex project so for now this is
what we have.

If you have an existing peers.dat file delete it, i had same issues on my rigs they would not sync unless the peers.dat file was deleted.

Oh thats been done about 20x also Wink

I truly think its because this is a windows coin and the linux source is so neglected. The funky hoops you need to jump to even compile it says a ton.
Tbh, the gridcoin really needs a fork to before the hacking, or a relaunch as it shouldn't have been launched in an alpha state.

Sorry to say but your comments are like you are some kind of god who knows every right answer for everything. We should have forked but I think it's a bit too late already. I get this feeling that you are only thinking your own good and not others.
By any chance would you be one of the people who benefitted from the 5mil+ GRC that were hacked out of the cryptocurrency itself? Making such accusations of grandeurism you appear to be opposing something that would hurt you more than everyone here.

But if you generally have something against my constant asking questions/suggesting features/getting involved with the community, i'm sorry but i don't feel like sitting back and reaping the rewards off the backs of others, i'd rather get involved and help develop this crypto.

Lets face it, there's only been like.. 2btc/day traded MAX on c-cex. The exchange has only had the wallet up for trade the last like 3 days, there was totally a window to reverse the issue.

Hi,

it's not even 3 million!

Well, it's great that you get involved, the reddit page for example is a nice job.
However, you write your posts in a more direct manner and sometimes it looks like you didn't read a whole post before reacting to it..so don't be surprised when someone reacts like that.

As I stated on the other forum a rollback of 6-7k blocks would only do more harm and from what I read Rob isn't a fan of that solution either.
Relaunch is a plain nonsense.

Andrew.

Proud Gridcoiner since 2013!
andrewp

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 12:07:20 AM

Have again problems with my wallet synchronize. Maybe i shall redownload and start again.

Also try to use only this addnode in your gridcoin.conf

addnode=www.pgp.mx

Andrew.

arthurf

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 02:09:53 AM

hey, let's hang at #gridcoin on freenode

https://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=%23gridcoin
drehb

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 02:38:41 AM

Unfortunately for now it is, if it wasn't for the recent hacking incidents we would have an improved linux wallet, but this is a very complex project so for now this is
what we have.

If you have an existing peers.dat file delete it, i had same issues on my rigs they would not sync unless the peers.dat file was deleted.

I truly think its because this is a windows coin and the linux source is so neglected. The funky hoops you need to jump to even compile it says a ton.

doesn't he need to get in touch with Rob to get the keys he added to keep unauthorized builds off the network?
andrewp

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 09:04:09 AM

what we have.

doesn't he need to get in touch with Rob to get the keys he added to keep unauthorized builds off the network?
Hi,

yes, that's correct.
I sent him a PM and e-mail with Robs contacts.

Andrew.

customminer

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 09:09:45 AM

what we have.

Tbh, the gridcoin really needs a fork to before the hacking, or a relaunch as it shouldn't have been launched in an alpha state.

Sorry to say but your comments are like you are some kind of god who knows every right answer for everything. We should have forked but I think it's a bit too late already. I get this feeling that you are only thinking your own good and not others.
By any chance would you be one of the people who benefitted from the 5mil+ GRC that were hacked out of the cryptocurrency itself? Making such accusations of grandeurism you appear to be opposing something that would hurt you more than everyone here.

But if you generally have something against my constant asking questions/suggesting features/getting involved with the community, i'm sorry but i don't feel like sitting back and reaping the rewards off the backs of others, i'd rather get involved and help develop this crypto.

Lets face it, there's only been like.. 2btc/day traded MAX on c-cex. The exchange has only had the wallet up for trade the last like 3 days, there was totally a window to reverse the issue.

Hi,

it's not even 3 million!

Well, it's great that you get involved, the reddit page for example is a nice job.
However, you write your posts in a more direct manner and sometimes it looks like you didn't read a whole post before reacting to it..so don't be surprised when someone reacts like that.

As I stated on the other forum a rollback of 6-7k blocks would only do more harm and from what I read Rob isn't a fan of that solution either.
Relaunch is a plain nonsense.

Andrew.
Gotcha, i'll take more time over my posts and try to not come off as much of a douche.
Yeah, i guess we've surpassed the window of opportunity for rolling back the network, no worries :/
spiffcow

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 05:33:51 PM

Can anyone give me an idea of the BTC/scrypt MH-equivalent when mining Gridcoin?  If profit is even close to mining other coins, I would love for my GPUs to be doing something to help humanity in addition to making my house uncomfortably warm. 
customminer

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 05:50:13 PM
Last edit: March 28, 2014, 06:07:22 PM by customminer

Can anyone give me an idea of the BTC/scrypt MH-equivalent when mining Gridcoin?  If profit is even close to mining other coins, I would love for my GPUs to be doing something to help humanity in addition to making my house uncomfortably warm.  
I'll be frank.
At it's current all time low of 0.000019, i find it's tripple the proifitability than ltc.
Seriously.

edit:
FYI Guys, i've created 5 super seed nodes for the gridcoin payment network and created a guide at the same time.

Check the thread out Smiley https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/9199-gridcoin-supernodes/
chiznitz

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2014, 07:15:42 PM

Can anyone give me an idea of the BTC/scrypt MH-equivalent when mining Gridcoin?  If profit is even close to mining other coins, I would love for my GPUs to be doing something to help humanity in addition to making my house uncomfortably warm.  
I'll be frank.
At it's current all time low of 0.000019, i find it's tripple the proifitability than ltc.
Seriously.

edit:
FYI Guys, i've created 5 super seed nodes for the gridcoin payment network and created a guide at the same time.

Check the thread out Smiley https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/9199-gridcoin-supernodes/

Downloaded latest client, deleteed peers.dat, added your nodes, still 8 days behind and can't sync.  This shit is getting old, I still owe someone over 9000 coins that are stuck as unconfirmed transaction in my wallet.  It's been a month now.

Don't expect to get on a big exchange unless these issues are resolved.

Looking for the best exchange? -> https://bittrex.com
traderman
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 07:29:02 PM

All I have is this addnode=www.pgp.mx and my wallet is working fine. You might have to delete the blocks and chainstate folders in appdata and rebuild the chain from the start.

Can anyone give me an idea of the BTC/scrypt MH-equivalent when mining Gridcoin?  If profit is even close to mining other coins, I would love for my GPUs to be doing something to help humanity in addition to making my house uncomfortably warm. 
I'll be frank.
Seriously.

edit:

Downloaded latest client, deleteed peers.dat, added your nodes, still 8 days behind and can't sync.  This shit is getting old, I still owe someone over 9000 coins that are stuck as unconfirmed transaction in my wallet.  It's been a month now.

chiznitz

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 12:46:12 AM

All I have is this addnode=www.pgp.mx and my wallet is working fine. You might have to delete the blocks and chainstate folders in appdata and rebuild the chain from the start.

I'll be frank.
Seriously.

edit:

Deleted both folders, deleted peers.dat added your peers along with others, No block Source available.

Downloaded the MSI installer from the webpage, version is v2.0.0.3-g71-prod

customminer

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 12:51:43 AM

Is there no gridcoind anymore?
http://www.gridcoin.us/download/gridcoind.exe doesnt work.
traderman
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 01:02:04 AM

Newest version is 2.1.0.7!!!

I'll be frank.
Seriously.

edit:

Deleted both folders, deleted peers.dat added your peers along with others, No block Source available.

chiznitz

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 01:29:42 AM

I'll be frank.
Seriously.

edit:

Ok so whenever there is a new version you need to update the links....where can i get the newest version if the version on the website is not that one...

traderman
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 01:33:18 AM

I posted all this on twitter days ago.

https://twitter.com/GridcoinNetwork

Mandatory Upgrade: 9.7/2.1.0.7
https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/1331-new-coin-launch-announcement-grc-gridcoin/page-160#entry73176

Google Drive: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7Yu0NGEKSFqdWxvV3F3aHlBdEE/edit

I am assuming the site was not updated since the DDOS attack.

I'll be frank.
Seriously.

edit:

Downloaded latest client, deleteed peers.dat, added your nodes, still 8 days behind and can't sync.  This shit is getting old, I still owe someone over 9000 coins that are stuck as unconfirmed transaction in my wallet.  It's been a month now.

Ok so whenever there is a new version you need to update the links....where can i get the newest version if the version on the website is not that one...
chiznitz

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 01:40:58 AM

I posted all this on twitter days ago.

https://twitter.com/GridcoinNetwork

Mandatory Upgrade: 9.7/2.1.0.7
https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/1331-new-coin-launch-announcement-grc-gridcoin/page-160#entry73176

Google Drive: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7Yu0NGEKSFqdWxvV3F3aHlBdEE/edit

I am assuming the site was not updated since the DDOS attack.

I'll be frank.
Seriously.

edit:

Downloaded latest client, deleteed peers.dat, added your nodes, still 8 days behind and can't sync.  This shit is getting old, I still owe someone over 9000 coins that are stuck as unconfirmed transaction in my wallet.  It's been a month now.

Ugh, if you're going to have a website it needs to be the #1 place stuff is updated first.  We don't all have time to go scroll threw twitter finds to find the correct information.  If you provide a wallet source, please please make sure its updated.

Alot of the posts in this thread are because of different wallets located in different places.

Installing the new one now.

chiznitz

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2014, 02:42:21 AM

deleted all installations of gridcoin downloaded what you said and  installed looks like its missing the .0.0.7 for version, its version 2 but not 7.

Sparood

Activity: 170

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 07:39:27 AM

deleted all installations of gridcoin downloaded what you said and  installed looks like its missing the .0.0.7 for version, its version 2 but not 7.

Try using the upgrade command from the console. That worked for me every time. Also from this version onwards auto upgrading is enabled!

Good luck

ABitBack

Activity: 524
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 29, 2014, 04:17:31 PM

Hello I need some help. I've just finally installed gridcoin-qt onto my Ubuntu setup. This is the first time using Ubuntu and Wine. My question is, how do I back up my wallet? Using Wine, I can't seem to find how to look into the directories. Also having the 0 blockchain connections but apparently I just have to update my config file?

Pages: « 1 ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 [139] 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 ... 291 »
  Print  

Jump to: