Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:16:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Australia/New Zealand markets  (Read 1984 times)
dunkelmeister (OP)

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 05:40:04 AM
Last edit: November 06, 2013, 12:28:51 AM by dunkelmeister

Hi All,

I just wanted to get a headcount for all Bitcoiners located in Australia and New Zealand.

I for one am located in Sydney.

I am also looking to find out at what products people would like to purchase with their bitcoins in Australia. Am interested in offering something for the Oceania region. So if you have anything in particular that you would like to purchase with your bitcoins, please go ahead and post them with your location.

Added: 2013-11-06

New Questions:
Would you like to have our own forum in Australia/NZ region?
How many of you already have regular meetings with other bitcoiners?
What else would you like to see in the community?
Would you consider buying anything with your bitcoins in an online store operated in Australia/NZ?

Thanks for all the replies so far. Also please PM me contact details I would like to send out an informative newsletter in the near future of events happening in Australia.

The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Beastlymac

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 06:10:22 AM

Hi All,

I just wanted to get a headcount for all Bitcoiners located in Australia and New Zealand.

I am located on the west coast.
Kano and Ckolivas live in the east coast
Barntech and Julz are east coast also

Message me if you have any problems
dunkelmeister (OP)

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 06:14:54 AM

Hi All,

I am located on the west coast.
Kano and Ckolivas live in the east coast
Barntech and Julz are east coast also

I know Julz personally. Wink

Am looking to find out how may people in the region as I would like to see what sort of goods people would like to buy with their bitcoins? I will change OP to reflect that.
collingiusti

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 08:50:10 AM

I would like to buy some usb miners with cash for cheap just north of Sydney. even if they are used. just a simple project o wish to try but don't want to use any of my current hashing power.
DobZombie

Activity: 896
Merit: 532

Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 05:51:28 PM

I'm in Airlie Beach, Queensland. 12hr drive north of Brisbane.

As coon as somebody organises a conference, I'm there Smiley

Tip Me if believe BTC1 will hit $1 Million by 2030
1DobZomBiE2gngvy6zDFKY5b76yvDbqRra
skitchen

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 12:16:45 AM

Brisbane bitcoin user reporting in!
greenbone

Activity: 46

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 03:04:11 AM

nz, auckland
LogicalUnit

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 03:23:45 AM

Canberra, Australia!
dyseac

Activity: 90

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 05:38:30 AM

Brisbane here. there are a few other guys in brisbane too who are going to set up a bit of a community on www.brisbanebitcoin.com i think.

cheers
dunkelmeister (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 12:20:25 AM

Keep em coming.   Smiley

I'll post new questions in the OP to get this moving a little more.

OleOle

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

Are you like these guys?

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 12:23:08 AM

Where: Sydney.

Like to buy: Gold, silver and platinum bullion.

Thanks  Wink

dunkelmeister (OP)

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 12:30:57 AM

Where: Sydney.

Like to buy: Gold, silver and platinum bullion.

Thanks  Wink

I know someone already in the process of this, I will put you in touch with them once I know they have finalised everything.
CoinsForTech

Activity: 698

5% Bitcoin Discount - All Orders

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 07:55:12 AM
Last edit: January 06, 2014, 10:28:16 AM by CoinsForTech

Brisbane bitcoiner here. Anyone else from the smart state? Wink

I know Julz personally. Wink

Am looking to find out how may people in the region as I would like to see what sort of goods people would like to buy with their bitcoins? I will change OP to reflect that.

I can confirm we've got a few repeat customers in Australia and have today shipped an iPad Air to Sydney. Consumer electronics obviously fits the demographic of your average bitcoin user pretty well.

skaffen

Activity: 124

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 11:28:52 AM

Dunno, how what does 0.02 buy in aussie-land?  Wink

BTC: 1PwXSJnmnCMKTEw8JqtjdDVoRUhtMExiNP    XPM: ANREvGk6CJYM5YWuW3eNankjGKS1ZYmAzP
dunkelmeister (OP)

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 12:28:39 PM

Dunno, how what does 0.02 buy in aussie-land?  Wink

BTC0.03 can get you a beer in Syd. Wink
soundasleep

Activity: 169

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 12:16:41 AM

NZer here. Honestly shipping is usually way too much, so my BTC usually goes towards services (Reddit, Humble Bundle etc) rather than physical goods. Ideally it'd be awesome to get something like Dx where you could pay in BTC/LTC.

No local BTC community here yet, I really need to start one up.
CoinsForTech

Activity: 698

5% Bitcoin Discount - All Orders

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2013, 01:00:32 AM

NZer here. Honestly shipping is usually way too much, so my BTC usually goes towards services (Reddit, Humble Bundle etc) rather than physical goods. Ideally it'd be awesome to get something like Dx where you could pay in BTC/LTC.

No local BTC community here yet, I really need to start one up.

If you're ever in the market for electronics our shipping options to NZ aren't so bad. The import taxes on the other hand ..

OleOle

Activity: 532

Are you like these guys?

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 01:08:50 AM
Last edit: November 19, 2013, 02:17:25 PM by OleOle

New Questions:
Would you like to have our own forum in Australia/NZ region?
How many of you already have regular meetings with other bitcoiners?
What else would you like to see in the community?
Would you consider buying anything with your bitcoins in an online store operated in Australia/NZ?

Sure, an Australia and New Zealand forum would be interesting and it might allow local considerations to get more prominence that the usual US-centric 'paranoia with authority' topics that populate bitcointalk.

Haven't attended a meeting, I'm open to the possibility but in general terms I don't think that Bitcoin Foundation is handling itself well, so that last thing I want to do is support a puppet foundation in this part of the world.

I'd like to see less antagonism in the community about the role of governments in society. Governments exist, they have an important role to play, they were here before we were born and they'll be here after we die. And no, I don't want some form of utopian anarchist nightmare - as a philosophy it doesn't work in print and it won't work in practice.

Yes, I'd consider spending bitcoins on competitively priced goods or services. That's the key; too often retailers who accept bitcoins add a hefty premium above the fiat price and people aren't stupid, they can find out a comparative fiat price with a few clicks. Bitcoins aren't just a currency, they're also a store of value and with bitcoin retailers just marking up costs because they accept bitcoin as a method of payment, well, I perceive that as price-gouging at best and thievery at worst. Over-charging me on products I can buy cheaper elsewhere is not retailers providing a 'service to the community', they're ripping the community off. It's time more people woke up and smelt the coffee, many bitcoin retailers overcharge on price and under-deliver on service. Another important point to note at this time with the BTC/USD rate being near USD$500 is that as Bitcoin is one of the best performing asset classes this year, many people are hording their coins expecting further increases in value, so any retailers would also need to offer their products for fiat as many people are reluctant to spend their BTC. As a matter of preference, whatever the BTC price, I'd like the opportunity to pay in fiat also.

*flips two cents and walks away*

Wink

HPWolf

Activity: 79

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 04:59:14 AM

NZ , Wellington

and a bump to get some movement with this maybe

Earn Devcoins by Writing / DVC = 1EZJpi6p2eckikh84cWtLN1D2sqFbsNi2T
BTC = 13q8dXCqEeCcfXkktbYTorpvNP4B6Qowcz / http://bitcoinpyramid.com/r/7567
vual

Activity: 714

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 12:30:41 AM
Last edit: January 25, 2014, 12:40:56 AM by vual

long time supporter 3years + , Brisbane here .....
Lets organise a outside trade floor, i always wanted to sell some btc buy yelling it out.

Just so all you Aussies know, BringABong in NIMBIN NSW has a Bitcoin ATM and a coinkite, they accept BTC in store, you can buy BTC there with ATM and you can spend BTC online.

In regards to vending i run / made and own a large array of websiets that sell products and services for btc, the trick is to make the BTC price lower then the fiat price so people get interested in BTC cause they can make a saving, hey its not like it effects us we all know it will hit 4k at least this yaer.

I would like to share this post https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=399685.0 with other aussies or NZ bitcoiners, selling a cheap block of land, there isnt and never will be one cheaper in OZ so close to brisbane at this price, discount if you use btc of course Smiley

Also check out workforcrypto.com you can rest assure knowing a aussie made it and runs it Tongue

I am open to partnerships bussiness ideas, i am a programer / web designer that can make anything you dream up, fellow aussies or even brisbaneites that have some ideas for bussiness and needs a server admin / web dev dont hesitate to pm me.

I am considering takeing my coinkite to the southbank markets/fernvale/rocklea/goldcost and setting up with a big BTC banner and just offering to sell vouchers with 10% premium for profits... think that would work.... a exchange desk at the local markets using coinkite to print vouchers with some stickers and a big banner of btc logo, if anyone wants to venture into this with me let me know in a pm for that is my next venture.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: