Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:40:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How would you prepare to share massive wealth?  (Read 591 times)
dioanna

Activity: 612
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 07:17:38 AM

Sharing massive health
In times of calamities how can you not share if you have such wealth ,but for me i would not give donations via government
I think its best to have it my way build decent home to those who lost homes and give them capital to start over again.
I would also want to established a company that would hire homeless people and single parents
And provide them proper training and seminars.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bit_Happy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 05:10:41 PM

This is a tricky question. I don't believe in simply just blindly helping people...

Yes.
(A simplified version)
"Part One" = How to provably fairly share with people who can afford to invest early, &
"Part Two" == The most productive and fair way to give to people who actually need help.
BitPotus

Activity: 1050
Merit: 604

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 12:20:00 PM

I would not share a single satoshi with any humans.

Humans are disgusting filthy muppets who are more interested in destroying each other and the planet.

I'd gladly open up animal shelters though.

Kittie shelters more specifically.

I like cats.

krogothmanhattan
Cypher Hodl LLC
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 3236

The Stone the masons rejected was the cornerstone.

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2018, 02:13:49 PM
Last edit: September 18, 2018, 03:02:26 PM by krogothmanhattan

IF I had the wealth that a Bill Gates or Jeff Bezos have?

Buy several cargo planes....fill with food and clothes...and personally fly and distribute the items to the poor and needy..not to the government.

Open several schools for the poor in third world countries and fill with great teachers who will be auditioned every so often to make sure the job is done.

Help people with emergencies thru the world.

Hire a staff to investigate and weed out and potential frauds and make sure all money is going to legit sources. Have other private firm investigate these people. So everyone is being watched for any signs of corruption.

Walk the streets and hand out cash to  the needy...homeless.

Have food carts give out free food to anyone who is hungry

worldofcoins

Activity: 1848
Merit: 418

Need a campaign manager? | Telegram:@worldofcoinss

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2018, 10:27:18 PM

I'll start by sharing it with me, myself and my own needs...I joke - its too selfish. Or is it? Though, jokes aside, everyone would first think of themselves, so tick that, then the rest of the world.
Lucasgabd
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1118

There's no need to be upset

View Profile
September 25, 2018, 05:53:55 PM

I see many people who say, "If I had the money, I would share and contribute to charity etc".  This is very common.  But, greed has the power of its own. Sure, if I had the money, I would share this and that.  But I am not there yet, so I am not sharing now.  This just doesn't sound right.  Sharing doesn't just mean money.  If you are kind and willing to help, you can always contribute your time.  There are a lot of people who are in need of moral support, in need of a friend and a shoulder to try on.  Money is just a small thing.  I am broke but I can be wealthy at heart.

you also don't need to have a lot of money to start sharing
I don't have a lot but have enough to sustain myself due to my work.
Everytime I can I try to share and contribute to cultural and arts projects in my country, even if with something small like 10 usd, it can make a difference.

since I spent less than 1,000 usd per month, 50 usd a month for donations would already be 5% of my income, more or less...

you get the idea
crypt0j0e

Activity: 115
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 26, 2018, 05:06:33 AM

Main question: In an environment of "almost insane greed", how do you ethically and morally prepare to share massive wealth?

I love that quote from Maimonides, a medieval philosopher that believed in imparting of his knowledge and experience rather than just giving someone what they want/need for that time.

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."

While I do believe in sharing wealth with those that really need it, I also believe it's just as important to teach them how to obtain wealth from their own efforts.
gollum23

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 09:15:22 AM

Each person will have on your question  the different answer because each person has a different need. For one of the people enough means in 500 dollars of month to feel happy.
atliens99

Activity: 392
Merit: 13

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 02:55:37 PM

I would simply give it to the homeless, people do best when they are given straight cash without stipulations.  There are a few  bad apple drug addicts but the person in need knows what they need to better their situation better than anyone else.
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1103

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 08:26:05 PM

I would simply give it to the homeless, people do best when they are given straight cash without stipulations.  There are a few  bad apple drug addicts but the person in need knows what they need to better their situation better than anyone else.

I hope that you know what this would lead to.
You'd give the money to people who are unable to make use of it. I don't want to generalize but many homeless people are there because they want it. They made their own beds by being drunkards, wife beaters, drug addicts, former convicts unable to find a job, immigrants who couldn't adapt.
You'd be better off giving the money to the hospitals or people in serious condition who can't afford treatment.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: