Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:59:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What's the Future of Cryptocurrency in Africa  (Read 79 times)
onomey (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 01:08:55 PM

Hello guys... I am an African, and I can say that I've got a good knowledge of Cryptocurrency and its terms... I know what blockchain means, and I've bought bought coins and tokens in the past... This year, I got to know what airdrop was and why it's done...

There are definitely Africans interested in Cryptocurrency, but truth is only a handful actually know there exist anything like virtual currency... My mum thinks it's funny. Note;  she's educated and makes use of the internet.

Africa is a big and promising continent but majority of her countries know nothing of Cryptocurrency. Even the few that know can't boost of 10% Cryptocurrency knowledge...

I really wish Cryptocurrency can have an African breakthrough... It's becoming so popular and the world is changing!
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Red Fish

Activity: 435
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 01:39:44 PM

In Africa Internet is not everywhere, plus many people do not have computers, therefore crypto future for Africa do not exists. African people are welcome to move to Europe ( Spain, Italy etc. ), where electricity and computers are everywhere.  Wink   
The_Tick

Activity: 70
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 01:47:00 PM

In Africa Internet is not everywhere, plus many people do not have computers, therefore crypto future for Africa do not exists. African people are welcome to move to Europe ( Spain, Italy etc. ), where electricity and computers are everywhere.  Wink   
There is most certainly Internet all over Africa. Of course, not all people have the internet in Africa, but the numbers are increasing every day. Maybe you should visit Africa before you start saying thing like that. When I was in Kenya everybody was already using an electronic payment system. I can't remember the name of it, but you could pay with it anywhere. The money was just attached to your phone number. This way people could go out and not worry that somebody would steal their cash. This isn't a cryptocurrency, of course, but it's electronic, and that shows that it's possible in Africa too.
Askend

Activity: 29

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 01:59:34 PM

Yes, Africa is also a continent that is quite weak when viewed from an economic standpoint, hopefully cryptocurrency can improve the economic situation in the African continent.
The_Tick

Activity: 70
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 09:52:23 AM

There is most certainly Internet all over Africa. Of course, not all people have the internet in Africa, but the numbers are increasing every day. Maybe you should visit Africa before you start saying thing like that. When I was in Kenya everybody was already using an electronic payment system. I can't remember the name of it, but you could pay with it anywhere. The money was just attached to your phone number. This way people could go out and not worry that somebody would steal their cash. This isn't a cryptocurrency, of course, but it's electronic, and that shows that it's possible in Africa too.
I just remembered what the payment system is called and found the Wikipedia article. It's called M-Pesa. Pesa means money in Swahili. It was created by Vodophone in Kenya originally. In 2012 they already had about 17 million members in Kenya, with a population of about 49 million. I'm sure they have even more members now, so they're well over one third of the population with this system. I think it's probably closer to half. You can use it to get microfinance loans, you can pall bills, transfer money to others, and now you can even buy things in the Google Play store via their service. The service is also working in Tanzania, South Africa, Mozambique, Egypt and Lesotho. If this can work in these African countries, I'm sure crypto can work too.
nizelong

Activity: 94

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 09:54:21 AM

The blockchain is a place without borders. As long as you can use the Internet, you can apply the blockchain. Although Africa is developing slowly, I think the blockchain may bring you changes!
atyyioy

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 03:59:25 PM

If you still holding your coins and have not already spent it or even worse invested in some ponzi,you should have made a good profit with all your bought bitcoin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: