Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 05:25:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BOUNTY .25 btc : combining different shopping portals for rewards programs  (Read 3758 times)
gen. specific (OP)

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 05:12:40 PM
Last edit: November 03, 2013, 05:25:15 PM by gen. specific

Hello, some sites let you click through them before going to the actual store's website, enabling the consumer to get larger discounts and "points" with the initial site.

Although there can be different portals, many of those portals go to the same store website like to Macys.com for instance

I am looking for how practical it is to combine those kind of sites via cookies or network analysis or other, to get multiple rewards for single orders

PM me

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2013, 05:50:18 PM

I'm pretty sure most stores don't allow you to have more than 1 discount code.
Nobody would allow you to get like a 95% off retail at their own shop..
gen. specific (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 06:25:00 PM

I'm pretty sure most stores don't allow you to have more than 1 discount code.
Nobody would allow you to get like a 95% off retail at their own shop..

the stores aren't granting it, the shopping portals have their own reward systems

come back when you know what this thread is about
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2013, 06:30:18 PM

Hello, some sites let you click through them before going to the actual store's website, enabling the consumer to get larger discounts and "points" with the initial site.

Although there can be different portals, many of those portals go to the same store website like to Macys.com for instance

I am looking for how practical it is to combine those kind of sites via cookies or network analysis or other, to get multiple rewards for single orders

PM me

So, you mean, say, cashback sites?

If so, then it won't work. They all set cookies, but when it comes to the site, the rule is usually that the last set cookie wins. You won't be able to use multiple sites for the same purchase.

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
gen. specific (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 06:43:53 PM

PM me

If so, then it won't work. They all set cookies, but when it comes to the site, the rule is usually that the last set cookie wins. You won't be able to use multiple sites for the same purchase.

okay, is this an absolute?
DiamondCardz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2013, 06:51:22 PM

PM me

Yes. It's an absolute due to how the retailer pays the discount site.

gen. specific (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 06:53:27 PM

PM me

what about modifying the cookie, I haven't looked at the contents of these cookies yet

maybe session ids can be inserted into a cookie, or the server side software assumes too many things about cookies
DiamondCardz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2013, 06:57:37 PM

PM me

what about modifying the cookie, I haven't looked at the contents of these cookies yet

maybe session ids can be inserted into a cookie, or the server side software assumes too many things about cookies

Can you modify cookies? Yes. Can you change a cookie with the correct cookie name to have multiple session IDs? No, because they'll end up being detected as 1 session ID and the whole cookie will become useless.

monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2013, 09:55:16 PM

PM me

lol it seems like you are the one that's clueless...

How the hell can you "modify' a cookie?  Roll Eyes  I doubt it would work.  Use different routers from different addresses, that might work :p
Bitsky

Activity: 576
Merit: 514

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 09:54:24 AM

How the hell can you "modify' a cookie?  Roll Eyes  I doubt it would work.  Use different routers from different addresses, that might work :p
In Opera: Preferences -> Advanced -> Cookies -> Manage Cookies
Search the cookie from the list, expand it and doubleclick any value to modify it.

Not to mention that if you're a programmer it's simple to send your own cookie values to any website.

Bounty: Earn up to 68.7 BTC
Like my post? Feel free to drop a tip to 1BitskyZbfR4irjyXDaGAM2wYKQknwX36Y
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: