Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:22:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Boycott Avalon, your identity is not safe with these people  (Read 1155 times)
Carlton Banks (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071

View Profile
November 13, 2013, 10:37:42 PM

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kashmirhill/2013/11/13/sanitizing-bitcoin-coin-validation/

“Essentially, we’ve been working with regulators for a structured approach for Bitcoin customers to be compliant,” says Waters. “We set up an API to work with their systems and we supply reporting tools they need for their databases. Which bitcoin addresses belong to a person? That’s the problem we’re solving.

"One business is already committed: Guo’s Bitcoin mining equipment maker, Avalon"

Fuck Yifu Guo, fuck his chi and his trust rating. And I suggest to you all, please fuck his business.

Vires in numeris

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ElGabo

Activity: 635
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 09:28:54 AM

WTF?Huh?

This is just a joke...Huh     Shocked

" I'm waiting for my punishment, I know it's on my way
  So cut, cut, cut me up and fuck, fuck, fuck me up"
rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 09:47:25 AM

im glad i didnt bought from them ... middle finger for Avalon !
aTg
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 10:18:05 AM

It can not be true ... I think ngzhang should disassociate themselves from this guy and publish freely SGII designs of 110nm and 55nm chips for the community, as consideration for the betrayal of his partner.
Carlton Banks (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 04:09:58 PM

My current stance is to refuse all use of greenlist addresses in Yifu's scheme.

• Business requires them? I will spend fiat if I have to. What's the difference?
  • Sending me funds? Don't do it from a greenlist address

Blacklist the greenlist.

Vires in numeris
Carlton Banks (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 04:21:14 PM

Additionally

All p2pool nodes should be configured to reject transactions involving greenlisted addresses. All centralised mining pools should be encouraged to do likewise.

Vires in numeris
GodfatherBond

Activity: 264
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 07:23:07 PM

Additionally

All p2pool nodes should be configured to reject transactions involving greenlisted addresses. All centralised mining pools should be encouraged to do likewise.
+10 X 1000
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2013, 11:42:41 PM

Heres more about this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=333824

@Yifu... so you put me in a database without my consent? Bad coins, good coins? WTF... Im sure everyone has a couple satoshis that were stolen by a scam by now. Its like writing on your Euros or US-Dollar Notes that it was once used by a scammer and a dollar is less worth than a dollar now. So stupid.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
Rakessh

Activity: 205
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 02:58:33 AM

@Yifu... so you put me in a database without my consent? Bad coins, good coins? WTF... Im sure everyone has a couple satoshis that were stolen by a scam by now. Its like writing on your Euros or US-Dollar Notes that it was once used by a scammer and a dollar is less worth than a dollar now. So stupid.

If they can't confiscate it, they can make it worthless.

It's the goverments way of taking control back of money.  We must never surrender bitcoin to them!

-
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2013, 08:29:24 PM

It's the goverments way of taking control back of money.  We must never surrender bitcoin to them!

The stupidiest part of it is that at the time when the coins are marked stolen... they already are long owned by others. So no one other than innocent people will suffer.

Carlton Banks (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 08:51:11 PM

The stupidiest part of it is that at the time when the coins are marked stolen... they already are long owned by others. So no one other than innocent people will suffer.

It's worse.... the guilty may never suffer.

Coins that are the proceeds of crimes become hot property. If you're the one left holding them when they get identified, you could lose the money (or people will refuse to accept it, send it to the confiscation authorities, then demand payment with untainted coins). But everyone who might have spent the coins before they become yours (including the original criminal) get to keep whatever they spent them on, the effect is to ruin Bitcoin's usefulness as money ("fungibility" is what this particular property is referred to).

People might feel the jutification to black/red list Avalon payment addresses, they did after all break their delivery contract, using all sorts of feeble excuses, leaving ample evidence on their miners to prove they had been mining with the machines themselves while the delivery was being delayed. They could add the addresses Avalon used to mine with at Eligius as well.

Vires in numeris
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 15, 2013, 09:16:45 PM

It's worse.... the guilty may never suffer.

Coins that are the proceeds of crimes become hot property. If you're the one left holding them when they get identified, you could lose the money (or people will refuse to accept it, send it to the confiscation authorities, then demand payment with untainted coins). But everyone who might have spent the coins before they become yours (including the original criminal) get to keep whatever they spent them on, the effect is to ruin Bitcoin's usefulness as money ("fungibility" is what this particular property is referred to).

People might feel the jutification to black/red list Avalon payment addresses, they did after all break their delivery contract, using all sorts of feeble excuses, leaving ample evidence on their miners to prove they had been mining with the machines themselves while the delivery was being delayed. They could add the addresses Avalon used to mine with at Eligius as well.

I believe i have read they will paint tainted coins white again for a fee in exchange for your private details to proof you arent the scammer.

dbasql

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

Ethics and Science need to shake hands

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 09:54:39 PM

My answer is:

Stupid stupid stupid mother fuckers..

The correct answer is at the bottom of the page quote:

"But it’s clever to let old fashionned financial services think they can come securely to bitcoin, then making big benefit off the predicable bubble banksters will trig…
You can be sure that bitcoin will desappear as soon as such a regulation will come, there is already some alternative crypto-currencies waiting for this to happen.
Here is how you banksters have already been fooled, bitcoin get is value from its own properties, not from what your speculative mind decide, and bitcoin – like a witch promise – will desapear as soon as you will pretend to get it, to reborn in a land you don’t mind it could exist…"

Carlton Banks (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 10:01:36 PM

I believe i have read they will paint tainted coins white again for a fee in exchange for your private details to proof you arent the scammer.

PERVERSE INCENTIVE OVERLOAD.

These rainbow listings agencies can fabricate evidence to claim coins are crime-tainted, then when you pay them to prove that you're not the scammer, the real scammer gets to take their cut of your money.

Fuck this redlisting, blacklisting crap. They should not be able to do this, I'm not being held up by some legitimised mugging authority.

Vires in numeris
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: