Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 12:05:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Legendary profiles of bitcointalk.  (Read 22824 times)
Ariem (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 242

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 06:24:10 AM
Last edit: October 11, 2018, 02:18:36 PM by Ariem
Merited by redsn0w (10), Vod (5), numanoid (5), jacktheking (5), creepyjas (4), vlom (3), iluvbitcoins (2), cryptohunter (2), CjMapope (2), bones261 (2), TMAN (2), kaicrypzen (2), newinbtc (2), vapourminer (1), STT (1), xhomerx10 (1), JayJuanGee (1), LFC_Bitcoin (1), LoyceV (1), Lucius (1), TheBeardedBaby (1), bL4nkcode (1), TookDk (1), Astargath (1), icalical (1), xtraelv (1), apoorvlathey (1), whywefight (1), BTCforJoe (1), loughlin (1), vlad230 (1), mnich (1), theyoungmillionaire (1), darosior (1), carcassone (1), spirali (1), Awkward_Public_Stoner (1)

I have been on the forum relatively for a long time, for almost one year already, the pioneers have experienced many events with him, for many this forum helped to change their lives radically, certainly,  he is unique and like him can not exist..

As a beginner, I sometimes find in him artifacts of the past days, and I feel at the same time as an archaeologist, who just saw the Egyptian pyramid in the first. I decided to share this with you:

And so, exhibit number 1,
Satoshi Nakamoto's bitcointalk profile,

it was hard for me to imagine that before he became anonymous, he was at this forum and communicated with people as a mere mortal. You can even read the history of his messages, the last time he was at the forum in December 2010.

Exhibit#2
HODL
this is not a profile, but the topic on the forum, if you were interested in where the expression HODL came from, then here is the source ,

the usual situation, a man touched whiskey and made a typo in the word, in the post he very convincingly explains the advantages of HOLDING before daily trading.

Exhibit#3
pirateat40
 as it is known Satoshi has one million bitcoins in his wallet, which still was not moving, but there is one forum member who had 500,000 bitcoins, it's "pirateat40", but this money was not his, as far as I know he organized Ponzi scheme, collected bitcoins, and then safely disappeared, he left only his profile,

At that time, these bitcoins evaluation was about $ 5 million, the SEC (The U.S Securities and Exchange Commission) was looking for it but to no avail, the bitcoins were missed through the mixer sites. By the way, "A Pirate Looks At Forty" is a song performed by Jimmy Buffett.

As I found out later this guy was caught after all, his name was Trendon Shavers,  he was sentenced to one-and-a-half years in prison. Now he supports himself as a cook. Prosecutors said from 2011 to 2012, Shavers, raised at least 764,000 bitcoins, which at the time were worth more than $4.5 million.

Here is another interesting post which was made by Hal Finney, where he tells his story, this man was among  of the first who started to support bitcoin's network, most likely second after Satoshi, as he claims started doing it from the 70th block, often corresponded with the creator of bitcoin, most of the correspondence was about bugs, Satoshi quickly eliminated them. He said about Satoshi:
Today, Satoshi's true identity has become a mystery. But at the time, I thought I was dealing with a young man of Japanese ancestry who was very smart and sincere. I've had the good fortune to know many brilliant people over the course of my life, so I recognize the signs.
Also he received Satoshi's first test transaction of 10 BTC, Hal Finney only maintained the network for a few days, but then he got tired of the processor overheating, and the cooler noise, so he turned it off. Then in 2010, he heard about bitcoin again, and was surprised by its cost. Unfortunately, Hal Finney fell ill with an incurable disease. He decided to freeze his body with Cryopreservation, at a time when he lost the opportunity to communicate with others. Legally, he was declared dead. He began to spend bitcoin at the time when its price reached $ 100, but did not sell everything, he bequeathed to his son those that left.

Well, probably the most famous story about buying two pizzas for bitcoins, in 2010 a man with a forum nickname "laszlo" offered 10,000 bitcoins to someone who will orderer him two pizzas.
The next day, user "jercos" responded and ordered him two pizzas, for which he received the promised 10 thousand BTC at his wallet. In any case, I would not call this a completely stupid purchase, since at that time 10,000 bitcoins cost about 41 dollars, it would be unlikely that Laszlo kept them long enough to become rich, but would most likely dump them on the first pump, as most people usually do, and so
he got into the history  for only $ 41.

TradeFortress created a free online bitcoin wallet (Inputs.io), this wallet was hacked, 4000 bitcoins were stolen on October 24 of 2013, TradeFortress did not have any bitcoins stored in a cold wallet. After hack, he did not shut down the site, he did not move any of the coins to a cold wallet, he did not report the theft to local authorities, he did not notify any depositors, and he did not stop any new users from depositing to his site., on November 8, 2013 the service was hacked again, this time the hacker stole 160 bitcoins.
  After everything become known TradeFortress announced that he will partially compensate for the losses, by its own admission, he did it from the deposits of new users, who, without suspecting anything, continued to transfer bitcoins.
   For example, the most affected: DumbFruit, he lost 955.24 BTC, got 199.38 BTC in compensation.
   The personality of TradeFortress for the general public remains unknown, in one telephone interview he said  about his age: “I’m over 18 but not much over." It is also unknown if those hacks were fabricated by himself or not.

Vitalik is a very mysterious person, very little is known about him, only a few facts are reliably established: he loves cats, he is not giving away free Ethereum (at least he claims so), he can give a high kick for a fiat Money and he has a profile on the bitcointalk forum, the last time it was active: June 30, 2016.

8 years ago, the programmer Laszlo Hanyecz, with forum nickname laszlo, made the first-ever known purchase for bitcoins, he bought two pizzas for 10,000 bitcoins.  Pizzas was sold by Jeremy Sturdivant, known by the nickname Jercos (he did not have a bitcointalk profile, this profile is from IRC (Internet Relay Chat)).

Later each year on May 22, the bitcoin community began to celebrate "Bitcoin Pizza Day".

I think Laszlo Hanyecz  do not regrets about  purchase, since he said that later he cashed all his bitcoins when the price reached one dollar, then he was able to buy himself a new computer.

According to the seller of pizza - Jercos, who at that time was 19 years old, he sold his bitcoins when its walue increased ten times, that is for $ 400. Most likely, judging by the history of transactions, he did so in July 2010, just at that time bitcoin increased in price by 10 times, from $ 0.008 BTC to $ 0.08 for BTC. Jercos now works as an engineer-developer of Inovonics Inc, the company is engaged in radio equipment.

Here is the transaction for 10 000 BTC:
https://blockchain.info/tx/a1075db55d416d3ca199f55b6084e2115b9345e16c5cf302fc80e9d5fbf5d48d

In general, as I thought, most of the bitcoin millionaires became them only because they did not keep track of BTC growth, and those who kept in the course of events earned a little.

Laszlo Hanyecz continued his business, 8 years ago he proved that bitcoin can be used as a currency, but in 2017 it was again questioned, as the price for the transaction sometimes reached $ 200. In 2018, he again proved that you can buy pizza for bitcoins, using the lightning network, he spent 0.00649 BTC for two pizzas, or $ 67, and the price for the transaction was 6 cents.

It is known that Mt. Gox exchange was hacked, almost all bitcoins were stolen, and the consequences of this are haunting us all till now, but here is one of the stories about what was happening on this exchange before the main hack:

The forum has a thread with the title “I'm Kevin, here's my side”.  In which the user toasty tells how once he saw that gigantic sell order was burning through the bids at exchange, the price dropped from 17.5$ dollars to 10$, Mt. Gox processed orders slowly, it all lasted a minutes, there were many orders to buy bitcoin for $ 0.01, so he placed his order for $ 0.0101, the exchange was heavily lagging, but with some effort, he managed to place that order, then The site stopped responding completely, when he got back in, he saw this message:

Code:
06/19/11 17:51  Bought BTC  259 684.77 for 0.0101

He realized that these bitcoins were most likely from hacking and wanted to behave as honestly as possible, especially since on the eve he sent his id documents for passing verification. There was a limit for withdrawal, but there was a bug that allowed you to withdraw $ 1000 many times in a day, he could also sell a huge number of bitcoins, lower the price again to 0.01 cents, and withdraw all bitcoins fitting in the daily limit, but he did not do it, he only withdraw 643 bitcoins. He hoped until the end that he would be let to keep these BTC, but there where decision to roll back all transactions, and Kevin gained only 643 BTC.

№10
How many Bitcoins do Satoshi Nakamoto have?
It is often possible to hear that Satoshi has 1 million bitcoins, but is it so?

The fact is that there is not one address on which there would be 1 million. It is only known that most of the first 36,000 blocks were found using a single computer, which could only belong to Satoshi, the reward for the block was 50 coins at that time, for each block reward a new address was created with 50 coins, 63% percent of these addresses are untouched up to now, which suggests that they are all belong to Satoshi, and this is 1,148,800 bitcoins.

If we calculate their value for today, it turns out that Satoshi has $ 6.8 billion in bitcoin, $ 0.76 billion in Bitcoin Cash, and insignificant sums in all other forks.

In theory, Satoshi can safely transfer a bit of bitcoins, to pay his bills for the Internet for example, and remain unnoticed, or rather we will not know exactly that it was his addresses.

Here is the address of the very first block (Genesis block):

1A1zP1eP5QGefi2DMPTfTL5SLmv7DivfNa

People still send bitcoins to that address, as a sign of respect, initially there were 50 coins, but people sent another 16.84 in 1264 transactions, now there are 66.84 coins.

Interesting fact is that the block reward is unspendable in the genesis block address, but the funds that have subsequently been sent to that address can be spent by Satoshi, assuming he has the associated private key.

Also in this block there is an encrypted message from the creator of bitcoin:

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks".

Probably, Satoshi showed in that way that he is ironic about the banking sector.

№11
Dread Pirate Roberts or Silk Road
As it turned out, this is a very interesting story, it has many different events and details, but I'll try to convey the whole point briefly.

Ross William Ulbricht is known under the pseudonym — Dread Pirate Roberts and currently he is serving life imprisonment in the United States, without the right for parole.

Ulbricht was one of the first who realized the potential of combining Bitcoin and the Tor network, he created Silk Road (the anonymous trading platform), where it was possible to trade everything, except for those things that in his opinion could harm people, but at the same time, the main purpose with which it was created is the drug trade.

How this can be combined?

According to the creator, site was supposed to relieve the drug trade from violence. People could make an order and receive the goods by mail. There was no need for buyers to visit dangerous places, also in street vendors and gang’s showdown. And actually — it worked, the police noted that with the appearance of Silk Road, the number of violent crimes related to drug trafficking has decreased. Also, Ulbricht was fond of libertarianism, whose ideas also embodied his site, he believed that all power is based on violence, in cryptography violence is useless, it is not capable of solving a mathematical problem, so with its help people get freedom from the authorities in which they are free to do what they want. Dread Pirate Roberts constantly wrote on the forum different manifestos, libertarian and philosophical computations.

In total there was $ 1.2 billion turnovers through the site. He had access to the bitcoins of the users and could escape with them at any time, but he did not do it, so he was trusted. There are many people who consider him as a hero, as well as those who consider him a criminal.

Dread Pirate Roberts is a fictional character from the novel "The Princess Bride", the choice fell on this pseudonym because in the novel it was constantly transferred from one person to another.

In addition to accusations of drug trafficking, hacking attacks and money laundering, Ulrich was also accused of attempting to order murders of people who could disclose information threatening Silk Road, one of these murders was directed against the administrator of this site, which was caught by the FBI and he was forced to cooperate (FBI agent wormed into the trust to this administrator, according to legend, he wanted to sell a consignment of drugs in 10 kg. as a result, this agent managed to get the address of the administrator). The murder was ordered from the profile of Dread Pirate Roberts, but the executor was also an FBI agent. As evidence of the execution of the order, fabricated photographs were provided, after which payment was obtained in bitcoins, in the equivalent of $ 80,000. As a result, no one of the orders was executed, and no one was killed. Ulbricht said that some admins also had access to Dread Pirate Roberts account and allegedly these orders were made by them, as a result his guilt was not proven.

In the history of Ulbricht's correspondence with the site's administrators, it was possible to read that he sometimes joked over users of his site who became addicted.

Ulbricht was hunted down and caught by the FBI, he was detained in the public library, from which he went online, he was logged in by the name of Dread Pirate Roberts. Also in his laptop was found bitcoins for 3 million dollars.

After the closure of the Silk Road site, many similar ones began to appear, and instead of one trading platform, dozens appeared, the authorities are still fighting with them.

№12-22

kirreev070 , decided to help me with the topik and added the profiles of users who made a great contribution to the development of the blockchain, here are the links:

12-18https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3247239.msg43937580#msg43937580
19-22https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3247239.msg43937580#msg43937580

№23
The best faucet

User AlexMay, told in this post, about a magical faucet, with the help of which anyone could earn a lambo in 5 minutes. The post is in Russian, so I decided to make a translation, because consider it is interesting.

I remembered another amusing fact from those times when bitcoin cost a penny.

What do you think, what was the payment of the very first bitcoin-faucet?

5BTC!

I learned this by stumbling upon a topic:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1365217.0

The crane was created by the crypto-enthusiast and Bitcoin Foundation participant — Gavin Andresen, in order to popularize bitcoin among the "broad masses of the population", mining of which became unavailable due to increasing difficulty.
To get 5BTC it was necessary to go to the site (which did not have any advertising at all!), Confirm "humanity" with captcha, enter the bitcoin-address and click on the " Get Some!" button.

The web.archive.org website contains sample pages of this faucet. Here is the oldest, dated July 3, 2010:
http://web.archive.org/web/20100703032414/http://freebitcoins.appspot.com:80/

Screenshot:

"I distribute 5 bitcoins to each visitor, just solve the captcha, enter the bitcoin address and click Get Some!"

For those who wished to support Andresen’s idea, it was proposed to transfer the feasible amount to the address  15VjRaDX9zpbA8LVnbrCAFzrVzN7ixHNsC.
According to  https://blockchain.info/address/15VjRaDX9zpbA8LVnbrCAFzrVzN7ixHNsC,the total amount of donations was 19715 BTC.

As the bitcoin rate rises, the faucet payoff has decreased to 0.05BTC as early as August 2010, and to 0.02BTC in 2011. Then the faucet closed, forever ...

P.S. Look at the screenshot. In the button "Get Some!".
Here she is!
This coveted button "Money!", Which was searched for crowds of newcomers, here, on the forum, at the end of last year.

P.P.S. I repent and sin!
Entering the crane in the web archive, entered the address, captcha, clicked "Get Some!", And ...

№25
Vitalik Buterin's wallets

Most likely Vitalik's stash lies on these wallets:

0xAb5801a7D398351b8bE11C439e05C5B3259aeC9B
0x1Db3439a222C519ab44bb1144fC28167b4Fa6EE6

I heard that Vitalik acknowledged in one of the quarrels that these were his wallets, but I haven’t yet found any confirmation about that.

Also I have herd rumors that he sold his Ethereum at the peak of the price, as did Charlie Lee (Litecoin founder), who sold and donated all his LTCs in December 2017, just when the Litecoin price was at its peak (more than $ 300). According to him, he did this so that he would no longer receive accusations of price manipulation.

But, as we see, Vitalik keeps his ETH and does not sell them (if this is his wallets ofcourse).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mdayonliner
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 420

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 06:34:28 AM

Some good work indeed.
Exhibit#3 is interesting though.
500,000 BTC!  Roll Eyes
I wonder what is this guy doing now a days?

Be happy be at peace. Looking forward to BTC at $1M
apoorvlathey

Activity: 1162
Merit: 547

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2018, 06:53:56 AM
Merited by digaran (1)

This is a great list !

I would like to suggest an addition to this legendary list :

The 10,000 Bitcoins for 2 Pizza's original post  | Link : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=137.0

mdayonliner
Copper Member

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 07:00:47 AM
Merited by digaran (3)

This is a great list !

The 10,000 Bitcoins for 2 Pizza's original post  | Link : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=137.0

I'm not sure if I will call him fool or legend or both.

Fool to spend 10,000 BTC for two pizza
Legend for using BTC as currency at that time when only very few people believed in BTC.

I am having another thought...

Shall I call the guy Legend or the person who accepted 10,000 BTC when people did not believe in bitcoin. He actually took the risk.

actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2018, 07:05:38 AM

It's not foolish to sell 1 BTC for $10,000 right now. Just as it made sense back then.

Legend for using BTC as currency at that time when only very few people believed in BTC.
It's one of the events that pushed towards adoption. Doing BTC-to-fiat transactions is necessary.

Why have you made this topic, anyway? Two profiles and a post? Roll Eyes

Ariem (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 07:09:19 AM

This is a great list !

Thanks for the link, I haven’t seen it before, and will defiantly add it in the list Smiley)
mdayonliner
Copper Member

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 07:10:34 AM

It's not foolish to sell 1 BTC for $10,000 right now. Just as it made sense back then.

It's one of the events that pushed towards adoption. Doing BTC-to-fiat transactions is necessary.

- Got your point  Cheesy

Asking me?  Huh
I have only one account unfortunately and which is this one I am making this comment  Smiley

thithai547

Activity: 89
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 07:11:32 AM

Something like hopelessly effort to earn more merits. Anyway, I highly appreciate his work, which help me to know more about two interesting members of the forum.
The topic show us that merit system changed several members in the forum to better ones (more constructive). I don't want to fall into discussion about which original objectives of this guy to start the topic.
TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2018, 07:16:24 AM

- Got your point  Cheesy

To expand on actmyname's point, that post is widely thought to be the first documented example of Bitcoins being exchanged for goods. It's an important historical moment.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 07:16:58 AM

Exhibit#3,
 as it is known Satoshi has one million bitcoins in his wallet, which still was not moving, but there is one forum member who had 500,000 bitcoins, it's "pirateat40", but this money was not his, as far as I know he organized Ponzi scheme, collected bitcoins, and then safely disappeared, he left only his profile,

[img ]http://i.piccy.info/i9/8d4040277ae279d36e815f6e3076b747/1522732934/76494/1233511/Pirateat40.jpg[/img]

Actually he is Trendon Shavers and was sentenced to 18 months in prison in 2016. He used about $200k of his customer money for his personal expenses, and likely paid out a lot of what was lost to investors via interest payments.

What he did was far from disappearing....
Talk merit

Activity: 244
Merit: 17

Register for Fit to Talk through me

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2018, 07:21:53 AM

Why is it in that stupid format?
I couldn't be bothered to read it.

The Talk Merit projects
 - Jet Cash has set up a number of projects for Bitcoin Talk members Click here to see the list.
Ariem (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 07:29:47 AM

Exhibit#3,

[img ]http://i.piccy.info/i9/8d4040277ae279d36e815f6e3076b747/1522732934/76494/1233511/Pirateat40.jpg[/img]

Actually he is Trendon Shavers and was sentenced to 18 months in prison in 2016. He used about $200k of his customer money for his personal expenses, and likely paid out a lot of what was lost to investors via interest payments.

What he did was far from disappearing....

Thanks, I will add that to, if he wasn’t found then it would be a good story about a pirate Smiley
Ariem (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 06:41:50 AM

Because there was all interesting things that I knew on this forum, now I found some more and I will expand this topik.
Ariem (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 09:46:27 AM

Here is another interesting post which was made by Hal Finney, where he tells his story, this man was among  of the first who started to support bitcoin's network, most likely second after Satoshi, as he claims started doing this from the 70th block, often corresponded with the creator of bitcoin, most of the correspondence was about bugs, Satoshi quickly eliminated them, also he received Satoshi's first test transaction of 10 bitcoins, Hal Finney only maintained the network for a few days, but then he got tired of the processor overheating, and the cooler, so he turned it off. Then in 2010, he heard about bitcoin again, and was surprised by its cost. Unfortunately, Hal Finney fell ill with an incurable disease. He decided to freeze his body with Cryopreservation, at a time when he lost the opportunity to communicate with others. Legally, he was declared dead. He began to spend bitcoin at the time when its price reached $ 100, but did not sell everything, he bequeathed to his son those that left.

Added Hal Finney’s post, and a brief story about him.
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 02:51:04 PM

This is a great list !

I am having another thought...

Shall I call the guy Legend or the person who accepted 10,000 BTC when people did not believe in bitcoin. He actually took the risk.

Several times I have seen people castigate those who made this decision and how foolish they are but the truth is a whole lot of us would probably do the same thing if we are in their position at the time. Today we use bitcoin say .01 btc to buy say cloths but if bitcoin increased to say $50000 later in the future, wouldn't we be close to those people?

One thing they have done is being part of history and that is why they are being talked about today even after several years the decision has been taken and forgotten. What exactly are we also doing to be part of history today because today's actions are history for tomorrow.
Heisenberg_Hunter
Legendary

Activity: 1583
Merit: 1276

Heisenberg Design Services

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2018, 03:58:59 PM

Because there was all interesting things that I knew on this forum, now I found some more and I will expand this topik.
Read my post for further more info. Good old times which would never come back. Surprisingly, I never came across the pirate guy who ran away with 500k btc.  Tongue
Ariem (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 07:24:03 PM

Well, probably the most famous story about buying two pizzas for bitcoins, in 2010 a man with a forum nickname laszlo offered 10,000 bitcoins to someone who ordered him two pizzas.
The next day, user jercos responded and ordered him two pizzas, for which he received the promised 10 thousand BTC at his wallet. In any case, I would not call this a completely stupid purchase, since at that time 10,000 bitcoins cost about 41 dollars, it would be unlikely that Laszlo kept them long enough to become rich, but would most likely dump them on the first pump, as most people usually do, and so
he got into the history  for only $ 40.

Added story about two pizzas.
cabalism13
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1165

🤩Finally Married🤩

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 07:49:34 PM

Well, probably the most famous story about buying two pizzas for bitcoins, in 2010 a man with a forum nickname laszlo offered 10,000 bitcoins to someone who ordered him two pizzas.
The next day, user jercos responded and ordered him two pizzas, for which he received the promised 10 thousand BTC at his wallet. In any case, I would not call this a completely stupid purchase, since at that time 10,000 bitcoins cost about 41 dollars, it would be unlikely that Laszlo kept them long enough to become rich, but would most likely dump them on the first pump, as most people usually do, and so
he got into the history  for only $ 40.

Added story about two pizzas.

Quite nice for having this thread, I think you also add the LEGENDARY PROFILES of those who are still active and still contributing for the greater good of our bitcoin economy here in our forum...
Looking forward to see some amazing stories from the past such as this one  Grin
palle11

Activity: 2310
Merit: 332

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 08:06:19 PM

These posts and profiles reminds me of what archaeological data is. I'm sure if finally bitcoin and cryptocurrency gets universal acceptance, satoshi would be mortalized.
steve_rogers

Activity: 280
Merit: 62

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 10:17:05 PM

What a great idea of topic, thank you man for doing this. I hope real legends will make their contribution to this topic and this list will be as full as possible.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: