Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:03:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: "First they ignore us, then they laugh at us, then they fight us, then we win"  (Read 406 times)
shahzadafzal (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 2890

View Profile
April 26, 2018, 09:19:06 PM

It's 4 years since he said that and I think we are still fighting because a lot of people want bitcoin to fail. It will be a lot of work and sacrifice before bitcoin will be a dominant force but I think that the future is bright and I know that we can win the fight.

Bitcoin is here to stay...

Code:
"Bitcoin. Would any sane VC invest in a project “lead by a single unknown founder, plans to quit in a year, 
has a 9-page document with mostly math symbols, no marketing plan/budget, and is projected to have $200,000,000,000+ USD
market cap in 10 years”? The crowd did, and made it." @cz_binance

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stayeduptolate

Activity: 980
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 08:11:24 PM
Last edit: April 29, 2018, 06:41:21 PM by stayeduptolate

Andreas M. Antonopoulos was a Chief Security Officer of Blockchain.info and is popular Bitcoin evangelist,  this excerpt is from his speech back in 2014 in Los Angeles Bitcoin in a Meetup Group about money and the evolving concept of currencies worldwide,

Watch the video on YouTube @ 01:03:24 or you can read  transcript here

This is so inspiring you see we are already on stage three "we are fighting", next stage is we win

What you guys think? How you relate this to current situation?

Edit: Original quote was by Mahatma Gandhi - and re-quoted by . Andreas M. Antonopoulos. (Thank you avikz for pointing it out)
Inspired from [reddit]
This is the very good news that we guyies are already at the stage 3 that "they fight with us " and i am even very suprised that whetre was me whwn we are at these two stages but now i feel myself very lucky tht i entered into the family when we are already at stage 3 and our next goal is the stage 4 that"we win" biut tyhe final destination is not that easy because there are millions of hurdles and obstruction in the way to win  with bitcoin because there are many who still dont want btc will become the central currency for the transaction.
HaXX0R1337

Activity: 574
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 08:21:04 PM

We are seeing some major shift in the approach of bankers and investment into bitcoin, we were having a steady stream of followers and the market exploded last year when there was a major shift when it comes to bitcoin and it all started with Japan legalizing bitcoin and the ensuring fork and the idea of multiplying your asset with a split coin and the introduction of future market brought some serious attention to the coin.

▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬
       ▄▄█████████▄▄
    ▄█████████████████▄
  ▄█████▀▀       ▀▀█████▄
 ▄████▀             ▀████▄
▄████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀████▄
█████    █████████    █████
█████    ████████▀    █████
█████     ▄▄▄▄        █████
▀████▄   ██████      ▄████▀
 ▀████   █████▀     ▄████▀
   ▀▀     ▄▄▄    ▄▄█████▀
         █████   █████▀
         ▀███▀    ▀▀
COMPRO
FINANCE
▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
cordlesslake

Activity: 472
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 08:29:27 PM

I think the phrase of Mahatma Gandhi is suitable for the btc but it is also suitable for all the great innovations of humanity that were first mocked but then changed the course of history.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4442

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 08:32:40 PM

ignoring the "price orgasm" everyone has about bitcoin

thinking about the function/utility and mainstream adoption(merchants) bitcoin has NOT grown. its actually declined

as for the "they fight us"
actually i see that as they "invade us"
after all every time i see a topic about a country adding regulations. nearly every fiat loving profiteer that doesnt understand what bitcoin is really about cheers that it is a benefit for bitcoin.

businesses that use bitcoin do not need regulation. what is actually needed is consumer protection. which is totally diffrnt from regulation.

yet i see no community spirit fighting off bureaucratic regulations nor do i see any community spirit trying to attain consumer protection..

so all in all its not a gandhi quote that we are experincing. its a
first they ignore us, then they invade us, then they limit us

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Awoben

Activity: 236
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 08:39:10 PM

Funny,  most people I introduced bitcoin too,  laughed at me,  calling it a bubble,  time and time again bitcoin has proved them wrong.  Most of them are calling me now to come and lecture them. Only a change is constant, cryptocurrency is still scratching the surface,  yet to even start.  Glad am on board.
Pattberry

Activity: 448

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 08:42:43 PM

So what you are trying to tell is that they will invade and limit us, i know it is really hard to predict what the future would be, but they could try to invade us, but they cannot win all the time, they only thing i see coming up in the future is that every country starting to come up with centralized digital currency in a block chain and we might see a clash between decentralized and centralized currency.
Tszone

Activity: 156
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 09:08:41 PM

well it is obvious bitcoin has won against all odds. despite everything thrown at it bitcoin keeps coming back stronger. sure we will win at the end
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2018, 09:13:22 PM

Andreas M. Antonopoulos was a Chief Security Officer of Blockchain.info and is popular Bitcoin evangelist,  this excerpt is from his speech back in 2014 in Los Angeles Bitcoin in a Meetup Group about money and the evolving concept of currencies worldwide,

Watch the video on YouTube @ 01:03:24 or you can read  transcript here

This is so inspiring you see we are already on stage three "we are fighting", next stage is we win

What you guys think? How you relate this to current situation?

Edit: Original quote was by Mahatma Gandhi - and re-quoted by . Andreas M. Antonopoulos. (Thank you avikz for pointing it out)
Inspired from [reddit]

financial integration? through bitcoin or through cryptos?

i doubt bitcoin helps financial integration because financial integration can never be equal for all.

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4442

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 09:24:56 PM

So what you are trying to tell is that they will invade and limit us, i know it is really hard to predict what the future would be, but they could try to invade us, but they cannot win all the time, they only thing i see coming up in the future is that every country starting to come up with centralized digital currency in a block chain and we might see a clash between decentralized and centralized currency.

banks dont care about bitcoin.. to them its jsut business as usual.. a buyer buys a item and hands fiat to a seller.. to a bank its just fiat moving from a buyers bank account to a sellers bank account.
no fiat is actually destroyed due to bitcoin

also the bitcoin community is not destroying fiat laws. not creating a new community of anything better than fiat. infact the community of 2009-2014 has declined and it has become mor regulated less oppositing of fiat. and more accepting of regulations while still not bothering to protect itself from scammers or others that try to steal funds.

as for banks making their own coins.. well that will have little to no impact. after all no one knows or cares about what database structure a bank has, nor the banking network security. in the end dollars and euros are still digits on a computer. that occasionally you can have a piece of paper that rpresents digits on a computer.
but if banks use blockchain. it wont make any difference to citizens. all it will do is reduce the banks running costs because they no longer need to employ auditors or security staff becuse their blockchain is self managed.. that is it. a banker blockchain will only benefit the bankers and will only be noticable by those who stand behind the banker walls

as for bitcoin being decentralised.. that too since 20014 has declined. with it turning from satoshi-qt.. to core.. things became more centralised. where there is only one roadmap that was designed by one group and anyone that loves bitcoin but opposes the one groups roadmap are to be treated as attackers and need to be thrown off the network
the roadmap only had 35% community consensus(satoshis election coded invention) but the cores group decided to avoid consensus and do a bilateral split to kick out any core opposers. yep core got to 95% by kicking out 60% to an alt by using their partner BLOQ to do the bilateral split under the trojan horse that the split was a fair election... when infact it was a deportation

there have been 4 REKT campaigns and 1 bilateral split all to ensure one team becomes the monarchy.. where the devs that are paid. who wer part of this tyranical monarchy creation are all ultimately paid by the same group (https://dcg.co/portfolio/#b)
but hey. while this is all happening.. they wanna throw some kardashian drama about unimportant poeoples glory hounding story.. (craig wright, the fraud and nobody) all done just to distract you from the invasion

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
surfinonmyownwavebaby

Activity: 252
Merit: 104

Decentralized Ecosystem for User-Generated Content

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 09:36:18 PM

I think the phrase of Mahatma Gandhi is suitable for the btc but it is also suitable for all the great innovations of humanity that were first mocked but then changed the course of history.
Which one? Be the change you wish to see? In any event, this singular change in the way we view money and transact is unlike anything we have seen before and because it challenges all the financial institutions currently in place it will have immense push back. Banks have all the power and money at this point in time, and they will fight tooth and nail to destroy Bitcoin. Too bad they will fail, because you can't shut off the internet Cool.

R E O S         [   A BLOCKCHAIN-BASED ECOSYSTEM FOR USER-GENERATED CONTENT   ]     JOIN NOW!
Introducing REOSchain™   |  The blockchain that digs out the true value of social media content

WHITEPAPER                    TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                     LINKEDIN                     GITHUB
Calligiato

Activity: 137
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2018, 10:39:09 PM

we are at somewhere between ''they laugh at us'' and ''they fight us''. I can't wait to see the next steps of central banks...
CarltonWyatt

Activity: 74

View Profile
April 28, 2018, 11:07:19 PM

Andreas antonopolos is without doubt one of the best voices in the space. The way he uses metaphors to explain concepts makes it a great introduction for beginners. Even veterans could do with going back to his books for ways of explaining things to newcomers. We can tend to forget how daunting all the new technological concepts may be to outsiders and a voice that can transition between the two is extremely valuable
Merl02

Activity: 155

View Profile
April 29, 2018, 08:46:57 AM

That's from mahatma Gandhi, a person who embrace non violence movement rather than to use force against their enemy. English men thought that their movement is just a big joke, but mahathma gain monumental support around the country even around the world.
a_t_e_e_b

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 08:28:25 PM

yes it is true the world is laughing at us they were laughing at us when people invested in bitcoins but they didn't when the price of each bitcoin had hit 20k
they were laughing at us when they though our money will go into waste as everything is a scam but look now this is the new future but still people are laughing at us and by the time they fight us we will be strong enough laugh back at them
paruru123

Activity: 59

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 09:51:44 AM

Surely, we keep on winning. Cool
damsix
Copper Member

Activity: 560
Merit: 46

Id Telegram : @dam_six

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2018, 01:07:45 PM

it's all because we believe in the use of digital money for the future, and will replace paper currency and coins.

if the future still uses coins, then I pat everyone will experience a heavy burden when transacting each other.

rezurect

Activity: 686

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 01:10:47 PM

This might be his thinking but seems to me many people are in it to make fiat profit.
Cutieh01

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 01:22:43 PM

I have heard this speech and agree that it is really very inspiring! I wouldn't mind to be on  the stage We win) I think that in the nearest future this will come true and we will win not in our dreams but in the real life.

This is the reality and no one can stop it, Bitcoin has come this far of existence and proven to have potential profits and ease to use. Because of its blockchain technology Bitcoin boost its popularity and makes lives even better.
docamvan1997

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 01:30:45 PM

Nowaday the world accept blockchain. 4 year ago no one could think bitcoin will be the factor which change the world. And now most of people are wrong. Bitcoin is the leader of new trend.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: