Bitcoin Forum
April 02, 2024, 06:53:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Vitalik Buterin: I agree that Bitcoin is better than gold  (Read 525 times)
daarul50
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 05:50:04 PM

Gold prices have world regulations while crypto does not have any regulation so I agree when bitcoin is said to be better than gold because bitcoin can be affordable by small traders than gold. In mining, bitcoin only utilizes the natural energy of electricity, while gold destroys nature and the environment so bitcoin is much better than gold.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Washball

Activity: 266
Merit: 151

First crypto index traded as a token!

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 05:57:08 PM

In this case Vitalik is right: mining bitcoin is better than mining gold, considering the damage to the environment that is caused with gold mining. Take a look at South America, in countries like Brasil and Surinam the whole rain forest is damaged by gold diggers. With the use of mercury, water from the rivers is a danger to the locals, fish cannot be eaten. These gold diggers destruct the rain forest and the whole environment is damaged.

Crypdon

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 06:40:41 PM

The problem with physical gold is that you limited in the number of ways you can trade. Go to a pawn shop or sell it on ebay. With bitcoin you can reach out to the global pool of investors and trade it for variations of coin. Much more interesting, and works better in this new digital age.
Salesman4coinZ

Activity: 336
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 06:54:51 PM

Everybody knows that bitcoin is better then gold. So we do not need to get it approved by someone. Gold hast just the trust from thousands of years. But it has no value and its totally useless. You can use gold just in small amount for some electronical parts. So many people are grouse about how many electricity is waisting because of bitcoin mining. But look at how the people destroy the whole planet for mining gold. They use so many chemicals who is going to the ground and contaminate everything!
pri3oner

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 06:57:54 PM

Human being can replace anything to worship at. So, Both GOLD and BTC are cool with it lol One is physical and nice, second is easy to use and transfer.

███████████   ███   ████     Ever wish you could turn back time to when BTC was $1?     ████   ███   ███████████
B I T G E S E L L          Decentralized Cryptocurrency
██               ████████     •    Telegram    •    Twitter    •    Discord    •    Thread    •     ████████               ██
Chaki

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 07:12:28 PM

As we know one main bad effect of Bitcoin specially to mining is the radiations that emits by the equipment and tools they use to mine it but unlike gold that they need to soften the earth and dig further more to look for a piece of gold, between this two I do choose Bitcoin for the planet earth.

█▄█▄█  ⚷ ROCATI ⚷ █▄█▄█
First Cryptocurrency Linked to a Tangible Asset: Real Estate Properties
https://www.rocati.net/
Joyeeta

Activity: 146
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 07:16:53 PM

I don't believe bitcoin is better than Gold. Gold does not have risk associate with like bitcoin does, Bitcoin price might slump into nothing, but Gold was and will be always valuable.

FuzeX
FUTURE PAYMENT | CRYPTOPAY | SIMPLE . SECURE . CLEVER (https://fuzex.co)
svetochka.yakovleva.93

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 02:53:00 PM

It is very difficult to compare such things at all, because gold can be sold at a certain time allocated in this time interval, and bitkoyn randomly loses the price and raises...
klimenok1991

Activity: 756

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 01:48:07 PM

If you compare the global usefulness of gold and Bitcoin, it is very difficult to do so. Take the same gold! As you know, gold as a currency was about 3000 years old. In addition, gold has been actively used in metallurgy and industry. In addition, gold is actively used even in dentistry. Yes, of course, it is very difficult to go with a bar of gold in the nearest eatery and buy a Cup of tea. However, converting gold to dollars or any other Fiat currency is not too difficult.But to live and pay with Bitcoin is an unrealistic task. In addition, bitcoin simply cannot have real application, since It is not a tangible asset. If we talk, for example, about regulation, then here too, you can find simply amazing differences. Gold has a clear rationale and regulation by trading on centralized exchanges.
czhy20

Activity: 129
Merit: 3

bitrace® | JOIN NOW

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 02:03:42 PM

For my own opinion, i dont think btc is better than gold because btc right now don't have stable price but we know its value can go up more than gold. But still gold is more better than btc right now because its price is stable and also high in value.

bitrace®
[ PRE-ICO | Jan 25th - Feb 25th ]
[    ICO    | Feb 25th - Mar 25th ] (http://bitrace-token.com)
WaffleMaster

Activity: 966
Merit: 546

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 05:36:17 PM

I mean I like seeing and wearing gold. It has very nice physical properties. Not only that, all computer components require gold for the most part. So there are real physics properties that make gold valuable even if people didn't want to buy and hold it to try and reduce the risk of fiat currency and economic collapse destroying them.
Destroyeroff98

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 05:40:04 PM

Vitalik Buterin (V-God), the founder of Ethereum, said on Twitter that “Why is Bitcoin better than gold?” — I actually agree with this, Bitcoin is better than gold, both personally and socially. I used to talk about Bitcoin's damage to the environment. But gold is even worse.
Bitcoin and Ethereum are, of course, very good. But gold is more stable than the given cryptocurrencies...

BountyX

Activity: 352
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 11:28:10 PM

Of course Bitcoin is better than gold for Vitalik Buterin, since he has become a millionaire because Ethereum fits in a Bitcoin echosystem, not in a gold echosystem. In fact, you cannot compare these two classes of assets.

Suharti12

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 19, 2018, 11:33:21 PM

I do not think so much about the damage of mining due to bitcoin to the environment, and indeed I think it is also worse gold in the mine by excavating the land, and that is very damaging to nature.

●          ◯        M O N O P O L Y   M I L L I O N A I R E        ◯          ●
████ ███ ██ █        Diversified Gaming Platform Covering Staking, NFT and Metaverse Games        █ ██ ███ ████
Facebook     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     LinkedIn     |     Github     |     Discord     |     Medium     |     Reddit
joykulot

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 02:42:26 AM

For my opinion, gold is still the best investment because its price rises and does not go down, whereas the BTC is not stable. But we have different opinions, so I respect it.
pooya87
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 10440

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 03:25:38 AM

Vitalik Buterin (V-God), the founder of Ethereum, said on Twitter that “Why is Bitcoin better than gold?” — I actually agree with this, Bitcoin is better than gold, both personally and socially. I used to talk about Bitcoin's damage to the environment. But gold is even worse.

it is dumb to even begin to compare bitcoin with gold. they literary have nothing in common! gold might have been a currency hundreds of years ago but it no longer is. but bitcoin is a currency!
and just because the process of finding a new block is called "m.i.n.i.n.g" it doesn't mean you can compare the cost of it with gold's mining process!

I've no time for gold myself. I think it's stupid and shit. But the rest of the world does and that's what counts. Step out of the echo chamber and take a look around. Future generations may care much less about it, but that's not the case for now.

gold is actually one of the interesting elements in my opinion since it is used in a ridiculously wide variety of fields. people only see the Jewelry part or at best electrical part of it but it has A LOT more use cases. one of the things that interests me the most is the usage of Gold Nano Particles in Cancer Drug Delivery!

..JAMBLER.io..Create Your Bitcoin Mixing
Business Now for   F R E E 
▄█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████▀████████████████████
███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
██▀█████▄█▄██████████████
██▄▄████▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
███████▀▄█▀█▄██▀█▄███████
█████████▄█▀▄█▀▄█████████
▀█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
▄█████████████████████████████
████████▀▀█████▀▀████████
█████▀█████████████▀█████
████████████████████████
███████████████▄█████████
███████████████▀█████████
████████████████████████
█████▄█████████████▄█████
████████▄▄█████▄▄████████
▀█████████████████████████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
coinsocieties

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

io.ezystayz.com

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 03:29:03 AM

Vitalik is the number 1 supporter of bitcoin too and he realy love bitcoin too just like etherium the one he founded. Probably because of some reasons and one of this reason is the price. As we can see etherium always response to bitcoin price, if bitcoin goes up etherium also goes up and if bitcoin dump etherium also dump.

████████                                         ▄▄▄▄                                                                       
     ██                                                 ███████      ██          ▄▄▄▄                                         
     ██              ████████   ██     ██   ██       ▀▀     ██       ███████       ██     ██   ████████
     ██████              ▄██▀   ██     ██     ▀██▄      ██████   ██      ██       ██     ██           ▄██▀
     ██                  ▄██▀       ██     ██         ▀██▄      ██       ██      ██       ██     ██       ▄██▀   
     ██              ▄██▀           ██     ██  ▄▄       ██      ██       ██      ██       ██     ██   ▄██▀       
     ████████  ████████    ▀█████   ███████      ██▄█   ███████▄█    ▀█████   ████████
                                         █▄    ▄██       ▀▀▀▀           ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀   █▄    ▄██                  
                                           ▀███▀                                                          ▀███▀