Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 08:34:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How long were you 'into' bitcoin before becoming a full-fledged evangelist?  (Read 549 times)
Sovereign_Curtis (OP)

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 04:42:08 AM

Pretty sure today was my day. I guess I've been holding coin and paying close attention for ~4 months now.

First was while I was getting my hair cut and styled (I'm stepping up my image. Going to look like a BOSS).
I was lucky, I went to a barber and asked him how he felt about styling my hair to look like Patrick Bateman (as played by Christian Bale) in American Psycho. He was real upfront and said that wasn't his bag. So he suggests I set an appointment with the lady who taught him to cut. The problem is she had 'just' gone independent and had no sign at her place. Nor could he supply me with her phone number. He just knew her name and that she accepted appointments via her fb profile. So I pull  her up on my Android and send her a message. To my surprise she replied within five minutes, and even more surprising she was willing to see me right away. I think the challenge appealed to her.

So I swing over and sit down in her chair and not a minute later my Bitcoin Paranoid alarm rings. Well of course I told her what that was and what bitcoin was, etc, etc. I told her I'd pay her however she liked, but no matter what I'd help her get an Android wallet (Mycelium) and give her some bitcents to get her toes wet. I'm pretty sure she'll be accepting bitcoin for cuts next time I see her. Nice!

But that was nothing compared to what happened when I got home.

So there is this website, http://freedomforfelonz.com/ and the owner is this really positive guy named Reese. I'm interested in the coping mechanisms of felons (I am one), so I filled out the questionnaire and gave him a phone call. He called me back around 7pm. He and his site specialize in motivating felons and providing them entrepreneurial opportunities. I spoke to him for 52 minutes (longest phone call I've been on since idk when), and not once did he bother to tell me about what opportunities he might have available for me. Why? Because I was telling him all about bitcoin and the opportunities I'd already identified. By the end of the call his mind was blown and HE was the one who had been motivated and mobilized.

How cool is that? I called a felon who specializes in motivating other felons and spurring them towards success, and I completely reversed the roles and gave him more motivation and opportunity!

I love bitcoin.

He's downloading his first wallet 'now' so I can send him some bitcents, and he's going to call me back in a week to report on all he's learned!

So I guess I'd just been educating myself on bitcoin long enough that I was able to easily articulate the basics.
And my bitcoin enthusiasm is at an ALL TIME HIGH, so I'm happy to tell anyone willing to listen!

So is ~4 months about the average before bitcoin just spews out of your mouth?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ORBOTRON

Activity: 10

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 05:01:37 AM

Howdy Curtis, that's awesome!

I've only been into it for about a month, I think I started telling people about it 2 weeks in, haha.
mvidetto

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 05:12:13 AM

That positive attitude is exactly what bitcoin needs.  I'd like to see a company spring up that helps the longevity of bitcoin in addition to adding unique items.
MicroGuy
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030

Twitter @realmicroguy

View Profile WWW
November 16, 2013, 06:04:16 AM

It took me a couple of years to get my head wrapped around the whole thing. You must be a fast learner!  Cheesy  Grin  Cheesy
alientida

Activity: 25

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 06:29:23 AM

Ive dabbled in it since about May, but it seems like everyone I talk to thinks I'm crazy!
Sindelar1938

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 06:34:26 AM

About 2 weekes, have been preaching from the roof tops ever since...

Serpo Eben

Activity: 9

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 06:49:32 AM

The first thing I do with any investment is research people who are a lot smarter than I am relative to an investment.  My research on Bitcoin led me down a lot of roads full of technical speak and processes that were Greek to me.  When I learned that institutional money was being invested in different investment trusts whose holdings are in Bitcoin...THIS is when I became a believer in the crypto currency.  When institutional money comes in you know it is very, very, real.
Sovereign_Curtis (OP)

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 06:51:16 AM

It took me a couple of years to get my head wrapped around the whole thing. You must be a fast learner!  Cheesy  Grin  Cheesy

Well I'm also one of those crazy liberty activists who uprooted his life to move to New Hampshire.
AND I've been doing sales my entire adult life. AND I've got tons of door to door experience.

So those are likely some factors in my 'quick' adoption and transition to evangelism.

Now I just have to figure out how to get paid for 'selling' bitcoin, because it's one hell of a product/service
and I sell the shit out of anything I believe in.
receptr

Activity: 12

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 07:18:47 AM

Funny thing is I remember when the application for bitcoin first was released. I was excited about it, however I did not take it serious. Mining, and value just was not there in the beginning. However the cool factor was there, and the ingeniousness behind it. Me and my buddy back then used to find cool things to show each other. I wish I would have stayed on the boat with bitcoin, as I am coming back aboard now. Its just so cool how it all works. I want to get in to mining not for prophet, but for fun. I started this week with my GPU, and realized how silly I was. I did more research and found that getting some asic miners will be a good start.

I am on board now for better or worse and it seems that I can't stop shitting bitcoin out of my mouth to everyone that passes. I want it to succeed badly, and its super fun to be a part of it. I am an IT guy by trade and work with servers, and layer 3 networking on a daily basis. This is my sanctuary now, it used to be WoW..lol

Any tips to be a better miner, the equipment is expensive. I am saving for some with side jobs!! Soon.... Challenge Accepted! Grin
Sovereign_Curtis (OP)

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 03:35:57 PM

I just want to repeat this in the unlikely chance a bitcoin entrepreneur is reading this thread

Now I just have to figure out how to get paid for 'selling' bitcoin, because it's one hell of a product/service
and I sell the shit out of anything I believe in.

It comes naturally to me. That or it's something like muscle memory and indistinguishable from the other.
I don't have to put much effort into this. It's something I already want to do, so I just do it.

And I clean up real nice.

And I love door to door. I love talking to business owners, home owners, renters, workers, employers, employees, the unemployed, the free-marketeers, the risk-averse, doctors, lawyers, strippers, pimps, pirates, and unicorns. Every one of them could benefit from bitcoin.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: