Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:26:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][TAG] TAGMining.Com is now the official pool of Tagcoin!  (Read 45613 times)
24Kilo

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 09:30:48 PM

Yeah, the difficulty is getting up there.  But just think when it's 6 months from now, and we're saying, "damn, I remember when it was 50" lol

The difficulty hit 84 the other night when a big multi-pool hammered it... it then dropped to 32 after they left and we cleaned up 3 blocks in a 10 minutes.

On the topic of an AU stratum node... I'm open to the idea of putting one up, but I'd need to find a VPS solution to do it.  I don't want to shell out for a dedicated server just for a stratum node.  If you guys can find a cheap VPS that I can spin up in AU, I'll look into it.  When I say cheap, I mean something I can fly under the radar and the wife wouldn't be like, "wtf are you buying in Australia?"

If they take btc, all the better.

Everything you said above is Greek to me except this - "...the wife wouldn't be like, "wtf are you buying in Australia?"  Grin

There is a small, personal ISP in Melbourne that I use, named - https://serversaurus.com.au - reasonably priced, I think, locally hosted and just really good guys who ride bicycles and care about the planet and their customers. Not sure about paying in BTC though.
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ny2cafuse (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

HODL for life.

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 10:46:26 PM

Everything you said above is Greek to me except this - "...the wife wouldn't be like, "wtf are you buying in Australia?"  Grin

There is a small, personal ISP in Melbourne that I use, named - https://serversaurus.com.au - reasonably priced, I think, locally hosted and just really good guys who ride bicycles and care about the planet and their customers. Not sure about paying in BTC though.

I checked them out.  They have some decent plans for website hosting, but the type of account I would need from them would be the cloud account.  They're a little pricey in that department... about 4 times what I pay now for the main server for the site.  I've got my eyes out for provider.

I'll let you guys know when I find something.

Community > Devs
24Kilo

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 12:57:07 AM

I checked them out.  They have some decent plans for website hosting, but the type of account I would need from them would be the cloud account.  They're a little pricey in that department... about 4 times what I pay now for the main server for the site.  I've got my eyes out for provider.

I'll let you guys know when I find something.

I had no idea what you actually need to set-up a node, so was not sure about pricing. 'johndec2' may have a better idea of a service provider based in Sydney.
johndec2

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 03:28:06 AM

No he wouldn't  Grin
ny2cafuse (OP)
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 04:37:58 AM

I was all excited to see that Amazon(AWS) had a AU datacenter, and that they offered a free year on their lower EC2 elastic nodes.  Then I found out that you have to jump through hoops to get a static IP on them.  I'll do some reading to see how this works, and if I can at least get an instance with a static node up and running, I think we're in business.  Give me a little time to research.

Community > Devs
24Kilo

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 05:30:18 AM

Fuse... thanks for the time and effort... greatly appreciated!!!

Let's see... how long have I been mining at this pool... since about block #6 or so for the pool... we are block number 278... and I have gone from 240Kh/s to 1600Kh/s... just ahead of fuse for the moment and nipping at johndecs'2 heels... and I have found 2 blocks... that's right 2 whole blocks in nearly 5 weeks of mining... I must be just plain unlucky!!! And the worst bit was that I was not even around to celebrate my new status as a 'block-finder'!!!

Another thing... we have only found 280 block out of over 14,000... there must be some huge pools, but I cannot find any really huge pools or some very, very solo miners who have been mining TAG.

Hopefully by next week this time... I will have another 1500Kh/s online at this pool.

As you can tell, I like this pool and TagCoin.
johndec2

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 07:52:21 AM

Fuse:  I wouldn't stress about an AU server, I was really just having a bit of a joke.  My querytimes are usually sub 100, mostly in the 70's and my stale rate is around the pool average.  Trust me, you won't find a great deal in Australia.   Shocked

24Kilo:  Don't stress about how many blocks you have or haven't found.  That is the beauty of a pool.  You don't have to find blocks to make an earn!  Yeah, Fuse and myself are 1 and 2 on the block finders list but you have to remember that for the first month of the pool we were contributing > 90% of the pool hashrate.  We only found the blocks because there was no one else to find them!  Grin  In fact, since the pool has gone from ~ 5MH/s to 50MH/s over the last week or so, I've only found 1 block.  I was a big fish in a small pond, now I'm a small fish in a big pond. Give it a month and I'll lucky to be 10th on the block finders list.

Oh and please just call me John.  The only reason I have an account called "johndec2" is that my bitcointalk and cryptsy accounts got hacked (my own stupid fault which cost me dearly).

johndec2

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 08:00:29 AM

Holy hashrates Batman... I'm in danger of falling out of the top 15.  Oh, the shame.  Tongue   Might be time to rock up to MSY tomorrow (24kilo will know who I'm talking about) and grab another card!
johndec2

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 08:16:43 AM

there must be some huge pools, but I cannot find any really huge pools or some very, very solo miners who have been mining TAG.

There is one solo miner that is rather well known that, when it takes his fancy, can throw 550MH/s at the coin.  No that wasn't a typo.  550MH/s.... That is more than just about any multipool. 

PS: I'm not spamming the thread  Grin  I'm just really pissed that I lost my "full member" status with an activity of over 120 when my account got hacked and I appear to have no chance of getting my original account back as Theymos appears totally disinterested in even looking into the problem. So I'm just trying to get back to a status where I don't have to jump through hoops just to make a post or send a PM.
ny2cafuse (OP)
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 04:40:02 PM

PS: I'm not spamming the thread  Grin  I'm just really pissed that I lost my "full member" status with an activity of over 120 when my account got hacked and I appear to have no chance of getting my original account back as Theymos appears totally disinterested in even looking into the problem. So I'm just trying to get back to a status where I don't have to jump through hoops just to make a post or send a PM.

No worries John, been there at one point too.  You're more than welcome to bump my thread to get your posts Smiley

Another thing... we have only found 280 block out of over 14,000... there must be some huge pools, but I cannot find any really huge pools or some very, very solo miners who have been mining TAG.

One thing about the pool stats to consider.  Our first block was already 4050 blocks in.  Between that point and right before the fork, we were sitting at around 10MH on the pool, on average.  That was while Torzy's was hitting upwards of 80-90MH, and the Botnet pool was at like 140MH+, so weren't hitting a lot of blocks in those days compared to them.  When the fork happened, we were one of 2 pools open.  I capitalized on that opportunity, and made sure we were running through that mess.  It paid off well Smiley.  Half the list of pools in the Tagcoin thread are no longer working or the users jumped ship to Hashfaster or us(and gladly welcomed).  Some are being looked at now because they left money in their wallet and turned the sites off.  We're 2nd or 3rd in the world right now only to Hashfaster and the botnet pool.  So block 13000 forward, I think a conservative estimate is that we are going to be about 15-25% of the total blocks found.  Not too shabby  Cheesy

*Pool updates on stuff I broke on the MPOS update a while back(thanks to Vesperwillow for asking me about this stuff):

Uptime status now updates properly.
Worker APIs now re-enabled.  This was switched off when the update happened, and should have been on.
Website cookie timeout has been reset to 12 hours, rather than the 24 minutes it defaults to in the config.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
ny2cafuse (OP)
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 03:28:57 PM

Alrighty, folks... t-minus 4 hours 23 minutes until the first pool jackpot week closes and I tally the eligible miners.  The jackpot reached just a tad over 100TAG!  Thanks to the miners who donated to help bump up the jackpot in addition to the 1% pool fee.  Remember 3 lucky miners will be chosen and the payout will be 50%, 30%, and 20%... which is easy to calculate with the current prize pot.

Stay tuned for the winners just after noon PST.  It might take a little bit to gather all the data, but I'll let you guys know as soon as I know.

Good luck, miners!

-Fuse

Community > Devs
ny2cafuse (OP)
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 09:05:58 PM

Tagmining.com's first jackpot info and winners:

There were 129 blocks during this week's jackpot period.  75% of that is 96 blocks, rounded down to the nearest whole number.  So to be eligible for this week's jackpot, you would to have submitted shares to 96 blocks this week.  I was suprised at the low number of qualifying miners.  A lot of miners were within 4-5 blocks of being eligible.  There were 18 qualifying miners, including myself.  Of course I will not be counted for the jackpot.  The qualifying miners were as follows:

24Kilo
chaystar
csssuf
destroTAG
flywin
hdjimmy
ny2cafuse
sashapv
johndec
mevecco
minercoin
TagCoinDaddy
tomgsx
Tomsmithy
totmacher12000
vesperwillow
wgs520
xlcoin

The winners and there payouts are as follows:

First place - csssuf  - 50TAG  TX a713eaad4e3e1d03c067c65c7c2406098d2cb5b15ba80fe5e878e9bdc01aef47

Second place - johndec  - 30TAG  TX fa144c35885184d9402f80a6e88d0ce99e32b42875599005fdb3e3dbad0c2c5b

Third place - xlcoin  - 20TAG  TX ddbea5abd084e455a7f9bed04c358e465cae397a532bc8a8a8944cb8affb78ee

Prizes will be sent within the next hour.  Please verify you received them by posting a reply.

Congratulations to the miners, and good luck on next week's jackpot!

-Fuse

Community > Devs
johndec2

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 09:53:43 PM

30 TAG received with MASSIVE thanks!  Grin
ny2cafuse (OP)
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 10:02:39 PM

30 TAG received with MASSIVE thanks!  Grin

Thank lady luck, mate.

But honestly, thanks to all the miners mining on the pool.  You guys and gals are what make the pool successful, and the reason I can offer things like a jackpot.  So thanks to everyone!

-Fuse

Community > Devs
24Kilo

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 04:50:05 AM

Well done, Fuse!!!

Congrats to winners!!!

I should be back online with the pool by tomorrow... making some changes to PC's for better mining.
ny2cafuse (OP)
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 04:25:08 PM
Last edit: December 08, 2013, 10:11:30 PM by ny2cafuse

Holy hashrate increase, Batman!

We are now running at ~150MH/s with the addition of miner zybqe177 and his 84MH/s set up.  I was hoping we'd hit 100MH+ to see how things hold up, and he pushed us well over that.  We're running really well on the backend  Grin.  Resource utilization is low, and blocks are being found faster than the estimated time to block stat.

Keep it up, miners!

EDIT- and... he's gone lol.  Well at least I got to test the server load with 150MH+.

Community > Devs
ny2cafuse (OP)
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 04:03:12 AM
Last edit: December 09, 2013, 04:35:45 AM by ny2cafuse

I want to personally thank Vesperwillow for putting in a request with the dev of the Cryptocoin Monitor app for Tagmining.com to be added to the list of pools.  Low and behold, we were added to the pool list and we are the only Tag pool on the app at this time!

The info thread for the app can be found at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=232753.0 and on the Google play store at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rayt.cryptcoinmonitor.

This app will allow you to monitor your account on your phone using the API info in your account settings on the pool.  It will also let you scan your QR code for the API details if you're like me and you fat finger everything on a smartphone.  Definitely check it out!

I've tipped Vesperwillow for getting the pool's name out there.  So cool.  I'll consider tipping for any other acts of love for the pool for stuff like this.

Thanks again, Vesperwillow!

-Fuse

EDIT- The QR code generator doesn't generate the correct address for some reason.  I'll track this down in the code and see if I can't make it work properly.  Hang tight on the QR code, and I'll let you know when it's working.

EDIT- QR CODES FIXED!

Community > Devs
johndec2

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 04:54:18 AM

EDIT- The QR code generator doesn't generate the correct address for some reason.  I'll track this down in the code and see if I can't make it work properly.  Hang tight on the QR code, and I'll let you know when it's working.

EDIT- QR CODES FIXED!

NOW he tell me - 5 minutes after I hand typed my API in to my phone!!  Roll Eyes  Never could figure out how to copy/paste properly on an android...
ny2cafuse (OP)
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 05:13:03 AM

LMAO... patience, grasshopper.

I've tried to input the getuserworkers, and getdashboarddata API string into the app as well, and they didn't return data.  So I think it might be limited to the getuserstatus, which is fine by me.  Tagmining.Com also has the mobile version of the site enabled for those of you on the go.  It gives the radial meters and worker info as well.  So anyone looking to get their mining info on a mobile device have a couple different ways to do it now.

For those of you interested in the API info, the reference is located at https://github.com/TheSerapher/php-mpos/wiki/API-Reference.

Community > Devs
24Kilo

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 01:22:07 AM
Last edit: December 10, 2013, 01:44:49 AM by 24Kilo

I am back... I have a confession... I found another coin to mine for the past 2 days that basically doubled my TAG profitability... but seems everyone else found it as well... it was good while it lasted.

I have been trying to buy as much TAG as I can over the past few days with prices so low... managed to snag a few TAG at .0014BTC...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: