Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:01:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][TAG] TAGMining.Com is now the official pool of Tagcoin!  (Read 45613 times)
ny2cafuse (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

HODL for life.

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 03:24:00 PM

Welcome aboard Frank!  Enjoy your stay with us Smiley

Johndec - I can't put that on the site lol.  I can do the fully clothed pinup style of WW2 though.  Keep it classy lol.

24Kil0 - Good idea on the Library of Congress.  Let me know what you find.

Community > Devs
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ny2cafuse (OP)
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 12:10:59 AM

Registrations for Tagmining.com have been closed.  It will remain closed until there is a better spread of hashrate in the Tagcoin network.  I will also be increasing the pool's fees to 2% to encourage miners to spread the hashrate around.

Do not take this as me telling people to leave, but please be smart with keeping the network healthy.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 01:36:10 AM

Dang, I was just about to sign up. (I don't have any miners yet, just my CPU.)

ny2cafuse (OP)
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 06:13:26 AM

Dang, I was just about to sign up. (I don't have any miners yet, just my CPU.)

Dabs, give me a day or two to sort some things out and I'll shoot you an invite.

Can someone calculate the global rate right now... what is the cutoff we should be at?

Community > Devs
johndec2

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 08:04:37 AM

Can someone calculate the global rate right now... what is the cutoff we should be at?

According to a post by Dabs in the ANN thread if you multiply the diff by 17895 it should give a good approximation of the global hashrate.  As I type the diff is 54.46 which gives a global hashrate of 974MH/s.  Tagmining.com is running at 208MH/s so roughly 21%.
johndec2

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 09:52:50 AM

Got a random suggestion.  When looking at pool stats it only shows the top 15 hashers (plus me if I'm not in the top 15).  I believe that is the MPOS default but can be changed either by the pool op or a tab on the page.  On the odd occasions when anonymous from China doesn't find a block it would be nice to see how active the miner that did find the block actually is.  Not a biggie I know but sometimes it's nice to see what the little guy was hashing to jag a block.
vesperwillow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 12:53:44 PM

If we know that multiplier is fairly accurate, it wouldn't take much php (or whatever code MPOS uses) to spit out an approximate network hash rate on the dashboard.

vesperwillow

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 03:24:43 PM

If Viperbass doesn't already have an account on tagmining, we should invite him.

ny2cafuse (OP)
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 04:38:11 PM

After deliberations with the council, I have opened the registrations back up.  I will be working on the invitation system this week between Xmas parties.  If the pool's hashrate gets too big for the my comfort, I'll close registrations again, and we will go on a invite only system.

Good news is that the pool can handle 350MH+, so woot to us!

Community > Devs
vesperwillow

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 06:10:14 PM

I looked at the MPOS source code and I'm fairly sure you can easily put in that special multiplier, so MPOS generates a network hashrate. In fact it should just be 1 line of code on one of the php include files.

Here's something I tossed together which scrapes the difficulty from tagmining.com and then calculates network rate based on that multiplier: http://dragonbunkers.com/networkrate.php

The website isn't mine, I just parked my file there as it's my buddy's website and I run the server, and he's not using his website right now.. haha

ny2cafuse (OP)
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 06:28:32 PM

I looked at the MPOS source code and I'm fairly sure you can easily put in that special multiplier, so MPOS generates a network hashrate. In fact it should just be 1 line of code on one of the php include files.

Here's something I tossed together which scrapes the difficulty from tagmining.com and then calculates network rate based on that multiplier: http://dragonbunkers.com/networkrate.php

The website isn't mine, I just parked my file there as it's my buddy's website and I run the server, and he's not using his website right now.. haha

NICE!  I'll work on adding it to the site later today.

I'm currently trying to get a dual-x 280x working on my main rig, and it's artifacting.  Like single pixels all over.  It's really annoying.  I'm going to try a different driver, and see if that helps.  I really don't want to have to send back another item from the last order  Angry

Also, I will probably be posting a WTS on my (x2) gigabyte WF3 7950s, with original boxes and cables.  I get 640kh per card.  Not sure what they're worth around these parts, but retail is redonkulously high right now.  I'd take offers here first if anyone wanted them.  TAG & BTC preferred.  Pics on request.

Community > Devs
vesperwillow

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 07:01:12 PM

Just looking at the code, I'm not sure how to make the graphical widget appear (i'm guessing that's in a config or something), but to make it calculate on the dashboard page, this should work. No guarantees since I don't run the code, this is just going off of what's on the github.. edit public/include/pages/dashboard.inc.php and find where it polls for the network statistics (lines 13-21 on my screen). This is the code to look for:

$aRoundShares = $statistics->getRoundShares(); 
$dDifficulty = 1; 
$dNetworkHashrate = 1; 
$iBlock = 0; 
if ($bitcoin->can_connect() === true) {   
$dDifficulty = $bitcoin->getdifficulty();   
$dNetworkHashrate = $bitcoin->getnetworkhashps();   
$iBlock = $bitcoin->getblockcount(); 
}

Below that add this:

// 2013-dec-23 - (begin) manual TAG network calculation: (difficulty * dabs' multiplier 17895)
if ($dNetworkHashrate <= 1) {
$dNetworkHashrate=$dDifficulty*17895;
} else {
//do nothing
}
// 2013-dec-23 - (end)

Again.. totally just doing this blind, but as long as the graphical widget is enabled (which it doesn't appear to be now), that should let us see network rate on the dashboard.

By placing the multiplier in the actual getnetworkhashps function, we could eliminate having to put that block of code in pages, and it should propogate globally.

I'm currently trying to get a dual-x 280x working on my main rig, and it's artifacting.  Like single pixels all over.  It's really annoying.  I'm going to try a different driver, and see if that helps.  I really don't want to have to send back another item from the last order  Angry

Also, I will probably be posting a WTS on my (x2) gigabyte WF3 7950s, with original boxes and cables.  I get 640kh per card.  Not sure what they're worth around these parts, but retail is redonkulously high right now.  I'd take offers here first if anyone wanted them.  TAG & BTC preferred.  Pics on request.

Oh that blows, artifacting is never good. How old are these? What are your settings? Can it hash without artifacting? Any HW errors? I'd be interested.. but not for a premium price lol

ny2cafuse (OP)
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 07:42:58 PM
Last edit: December 23, 2013, 08:00:59 PM by ny2cafuse

+1 to the code.  I'll do it as soon as I get this card squared away.

Oh that blows, artifacting is never good. How old are these? What are your settings? Can it hash without artifacting? Any HW errors? I'd be interested.. but not for a premium price lol

The 280X is fresh out of the box.  It hashes fine, no hardware errors, no other issues at all other than the random single pixel artifacts..  This happened with one of my 7950s when I first bought it.  I had to roll with the beta drivers at the time and it resolved the issues.  I'm hoping it's a driver issue, as everything else, even gaming, works fine.  In fact, you almost can't notice it if you're not paying attention.

Edit- definitely a driver issue.  Uninstalling the driver to do a roll back install stopped the artifacting completely.  Now I just need to find a working driver.

Shoot me an offer on the 7950s in PM.  I'd rather sell them here in the states and save on the shipping.  PM with pictures incoming.

Community > Devs
24Kilo

Activity: 672

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 08:08:09 PM

Fuse,

My pair of Dual-X's would artifact as well, seems to be something to do with the design of the card, hardware, firmware, software... not sure... but the Dual-X's hash like a punk on speed and do not like to stop hashing for anything else. All my other cards will respond quickly and slow the hash-rate as soon as I start using the computer for anything other than mining, but once the Dual-X's get on hash, it almost takes brute force to get them to consider doing anything else, thus significant artifacting even when just running a web browser.

If I was in the USA, I would buy your 7950's, but not worth shipping to Australia.
ny2cafuse (OP)
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 08:31:39 PM
Last edit: December 24, 2013, 03:22:48 AM by ny2cafuse

Fuse,

My pair of Dual-X's would artifact as well, seems to be something to do with the design of the card, hardware, firmware, software... not sure... but the Dual-X's hash like a punk on speed and do not like to stop hashing for anything else. All my other cards will respond quickly and slow the hash-rate as soon as I start using the computer for anything other than mining, but once the Dual-X's get on hash, it almost takes brute force to get them to consider doing anything else, thus significant artifacting even when just running a web browser.

If I was in the USA, I would buy your 7950's, but not worth shipping to Australia.

Good to hear I'm not the only one.  I might swap this one for one of the toxics I have in my dad's rig then.  This is my day to day rig, and this artifacting will start to wear on me after a while.  I can wait until they sort it out in the drivers.

I hear you on the shipping.  The world needs teleporters, stat!

Community > Devs
ny2cafuse (OP)
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 04:27:38 AM

Just looking at the code, I'm not sure how to make the graphical widget appear (i'm guessing that's in a config or something), but to make it calculate on the dashboard page, this should work. No guarantees since I don't run the code, this is just going off of what's on the github.. edit public/include/pages/dashboard.inc.php and find where it polls for the network statistics (lines 13-21 on my screen). This is the code to look for:

$aRoundShares = $statistics->getRoundShares(); 
$dDifficulty = 1; 
$dNetworkHashrate = 1; 
$iBlock = 0; 
if ($bitcoin->can_connect() === true) {   
$dDifficulty = $bitcoin->getdifficulty();   
$dNetworkHashrate = $bitcoin->getnetworkhashps();   
$iBlock = $bitcoin->getblockcount(); 
}

Below that add this:

// 2013-dec-23 - (begin) manual TAG network calculation: (difficulty * dabs' multiplier 17895)
if ($dNetworkHashrate <= 1) {
$dNetworkHashrate=$dDifficulty*17895;
} else {
//do nothing
}
// 2013-dec-23 - (end)

Again.. totally just doing this blind, but as long as the graphical widget is enabled (which it doesn't appear to be now), that should let us see network rate on the dashboard.

By placing the multiplier in the actual getnetworkhashps function, we could eliminate having to put that block of code in pages, and it should propogate globally.

So I played around with this a little tonight, and it's not as simple as adding the code snippet you provided.  The radial graph is called by javascript and references a predefined tagcoind variable.  I'm thinking that we should probably just push for Mark to fix the variable call in Tagcoind.  Then it would just work everywhere out of the box for everyone.

Community > Devs
vesperwillow

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 04:51:46 AM

I bet I could make it work if I had the code.. haha.. well not a bad shot for doing it blind. It's being pushed via the templates likely, I didn't browse through those much.

vesperwillow

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 01:34:59 PM

Fuse, how much bandwidth/month is your pool server using?

ny2cafuse (OP)
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 04:27:57 PM

To be honest, I don't know.  My provider doesn't give me a total usage number.  Instead they give me a chart that graphs the upload/download figures.  It's not enough to go over the 2-3TB allowance they give me though.  I can put in a support ticket to find out if you'd really like to know.  I think they'll provide the info if I ask.

Community > Devs
vesperwillow

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 04:54:14 PM

To be honest, I don't know.  My provider doesn't give me a total usage number.  Instead they give me a chart that graphs the upload/download figures.  It's not enough to go over the 2-3TB allowance they give me though.  I can put in a support ticket to find out if you'd really like to know.  I think they'll provide the info if I ask.

No need to inquire, I appreciate it. Was just getting a feel for it. Keep pondering the idea of throwing a pool on one of my offiste servers just for the heck of it and was getting an idea of bandwidth usage.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: