Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:00:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][TAG] TAGMining.Com is now the official pool of Tagcoin!  (Read 45613 times)
ny2cafuse (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

HODL for life.

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 06:44:41 AM

Vesper is the now the pool whale!!!

Fuse... do you want my hash rate back here at TAGMining? Let me know... still over at TAG.cryptopool.IT trying to build up that pool. Surprised to see the pool at less than 40Mh/s... last time I checked, the pool was running around 200Mh/s.

24Kilo, no worries man... keep the other pool chugging along.   When the power comes back to TAG, we'll be back up there again.  I'm not worried about it, mate.

^-- The new whale lol

Sucks about the PSU man, I've had that happen before.. failure to deliver. Usually when I see it happen, I call and have the distro center hold the package for me to pickup in person. I trust me to pickup rather than them to deliver lol.

I'm going to shift some of my power to one of my other hangouts for a bit to build it up and take some of that pump/dump coin known as Dogecoin. Get it and sell it while it's worth something, that's what I say. It'll pay the electric bill, am I right? Wink

That's exactly what I had in my head when I said that lol.

I tried calling them like 15 times in the last two days.  The shipping center it came through doesn't have a local number I could find, so I went through the 800 number, every time a "I'm sorry, but we can't process you call at this time."  Click, and hangup.  Bastages.  I called Newegg and got the shipping fees refunded, as I paid for next day.  They called fedex and got the same runaround lol.  It's a wonder fedex stays in business.

I've been thinking about starting up a private Doge pool.  It's all the rage among the kids these days.  Would you guys be interested?  I could just copy/paste the account tables to the Doge DB and lock the registration.  Let me know if you guys feel the need for it... otherwise I'll just keep to TAG and ride out the lows.

Community > Devs

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vesperwillow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 06:53:17 AM

There's a ton of dogepools out there right now, I say keep your basket of golden eggs for now. Unless it'll help lower your overhead. I just know I'd likely not connect, as it's hard enough to get a block right now with anything less than 50MH, and I only doge sporadically.

ny2cafuse (OP)
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 06:59:07 AM

Is it really a verb already?

I was just throwing that out there... I don't need to run a different coin pool, but would open something if there was a desire from you guys.

Community > Devs
vesperwillow

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 07:02:49 AM

I think I may have just made it a verb, so I'll trademark and copyright that.. and let me follow Apple's example, and patent the idea in a vague fashion. lol

Well bedtime for me was hours ago so I'm going to turn in lol.

24Kilo

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 07:36:55 AM

I've been thinking about starting up a private Doge pool.  It's all the rage among the kids these days.  Would you guys be interested?  I could just copy/paste the account tables to the Doge DB and lock the registration.  Let me know if you guys feel the need for it... otherwise I'll just keep to TAG and ride out the lows.

Fuse,

If you are going to start another pool, I would recommend EarthCoin. I am very interested in this coin as a long-term project for the farm. I solo-mined this coin for 4 days from block 370, so I have a bit of EAC, but I would be interested in more. The difficulty is now high enough that I cannot solo mine effectively.

I am trying to balance the books so that I can afford another miner tomorrow, found a few 280X's... My goal is 10Mh/s by the end of January.
johndec2

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 09:00:30 AM
Last edit: December 26, 2013, 09:18:35 AM by johndec2

Fuse. DOGE's day in the sun has come and is almost gone.  I mined 2.5 million of them just for shits and giggles whilst your pool was down at around a diff of 5.  The diff is over 400 now and it is struggling to hang onto 100 satoshis. I've still got a million left that I will move on when the price gets back north of 100, plus there is already a gazillion DOGE pools.  

Earthcoin has possibilities as a future viable alt (I threw about ~650KH/z at it when it first came out for a day or so and banked 55,000 coins).  BUT.. There appears to a bug in the pool software that means pool mining is very hit and miss.  I was following their ANN thread and it appears some pools seem to work ~ 4 times more efficiently than others.  There was a patch released but it's working for some pools and not for others.  Not sure I'd want to go there as a pool op.

The devs of earthcoin "appear" genuine, going to quite a bit of trouble with websites, bounties,etc but they are still sitting on roughly 2 million premined coins, so it could still be an elaborate pump 'n dump.
ny2cafuse (OP)
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 10:34:49 PM

Hey, all,  I got a question for you.  I'm thinking Vesper probably has some input on this.

Do you run multiple PSUs per MB or do you just get 1 high end PSU to cover all that MB's GPUs?  I'm wondering if there is a benefit to either method.  I could see buying 2 PSUs being nice in that if one dies, the whole rig doesn't go down, and it's cheaper to replace.  But running one high end PSU just makes things simple on a rig that only has 3-4 cards.  Any thoughts, guys?

Community > Devs
vesperwillow

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 02:23:09 AM

Since I run 3 GPU per MB I only use 1 PSU. For that setup, it wasn't cost efficient in my eyes to have redundancy for the power supplies. I have a spare on hand though (2 more rigs on the way, so I need to order more spares, thanks for the reminder lol). It also wouldn't have fit as well on my cheap plastic modular shelving.

If I was running more than that, then if the cost worked out I would do it.

I decided to run 3 GPU rigs for a few reasons. It was most cost efficient, it was more easy to adapt to my modular plan, and it was more "circuit friendly" meaning I could deploy them on any household circuit if need be (like, putting them in multiple houses/locations which I'm doing). For cost efficiency, I examined the cost of the 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8 slot motherboard models from ASRock, along with the cost of the cards, PSU's and the hashpower.

For KH/$ the 3 and 6 card setups were the most cost efficient. I then decided it would be easier to cool 3 card systems in summertime than 6 card systems, and they would be more simplex using only 1 PSU, so maintenance would be much easier. Plus, in the event a rig died, I wasn't losing 6 GPU's at once, just 3.

So that's how I decided to go with abunch of 3 GPU systems.

I run Seasonic Platinum/Gold 860's (for the 7950 rigs), Corsair AX/HX 1050's (for the R9 280x rigs), and an XFX 1000. Seasonic and Corsair are like twins, except Seasonic is the higher-end version. The Platinum/AX units are flawless, no issues, and the systems on them seem to have the most stable hashpower (fluctuations are less than 0.5kh).

The gold/HX units are also flawless so far. One of the gold units has an odd random click but I believe it's reacting to dirty electricity on that one circuit. Aside from that, no issues. The hashpower is stable for the most part, only fluctuates a couple KH at most.

The XFX has done well also, though fluctuations seem a bit more, 5-10KH. I'll get another one or 2 of these as 'spares', but my serious duty rigs use Seasonic and Corsair as the main PSU's, with one Corsair spare.

All of these have been running since August with the only powerdowns being for transporting between locations, and swapping GPU's and stuff. SO very little powerdowns, and constant uptime.

Hope that is useful information.

ny2cafuse (OP)
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 03:41:58 AM

As always Vesper, you're the man!

I got my PSU today, and thank god... everything is running now.  I'm just thinking about the future.  I got another UD3 board today, FX-8320(to swap into my main comp), and 16G of ram(to replace the 4Gigs in my main comp... long overdue).  So I was thinking about PSUs for the next purchase and wanted to see what you guys thought, so that helps a lot.

I'm trying to run a Sapphire 280x toxic and a 280x dual-x on the in the same system right now, and I'm wishing I didn't have to.  I couldn't figure out the artifacting with the dual-x so I took it out of my main rig, and replaced it with the other toxic I had.  So I'm trying to get the config right on the pair, and it's driving me crazy.  I hate tweaking this stuff.  I wish it would just tweak itself lol.  Just make me money, damnit lol.

I'll be back when I get this squared away.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
Frankthechicken

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 04:07:01 AM

Hey, all,  I got a question for you.  I'm thinking Vesper probably has some input on this.

Do you run multiple PSUs per MB or do you just get 1 high end PSU to cover all that MB's GPUs?  I'm wondering if there is a benefit to either method.  I could see buying 2 PSUs being nice in that if one dies, the whole rig doesn't go down, and it's cheaper to replace.  But running one high end PSU just makes things simple on a rig that only has 3-4 cards.  Any thoughts, guys?

I have 2 6 GPU rigs using LEPA 1600W power supplies.  I am very happy with them.  If I had it to do again, however, I think I would have gone with 2 x 750 or 800W power supplies and tied them together for higher resale potential or re purposing if mining became unprofitable.  There are not too many other popular applications for such large PSUs.  I have plans, space, capacity for two more rigs.  I am planning two 5 280x rigs in the next month or two (assuming I can find GPUs) and will likely use two smaller power supplies each. 

On another note, every time I have had power AND internet this week it seemed diff on TAG has been really high so I just settled with DOGE for a while :p
ny2cafuse (OP)
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 05:17:55 AM

The numbers game on cards per board is an interesting one to play.  I'd like to do 4 per board going forward.  I wish those mITX boards with the PCIe x 16 and PCIe x1 slots were cheaper.  I always thought it would be nice to be able to deploy a bunch of really cheap, low power, mITX rigs.  Custom case design for that would be fun.  Plus, you could use a nice 750W PSU at around $100.  I might do this for shits and giggles next time I order a board, just to see if I can make it all fit in a custom 80/20 case the size of a toaster oven.

Frank, I've heard mixed reviews about that 1600W LEPA.  I was almost going to buy one the last big order, but I decided to go smaller with a 1200W.  I'm glad I did, although the problems with the first one being DOA were a kick to the nuts.  The delivery guy came back today and told me "I was here the other day and I didn't know if anyone was home so I didn't knock on the door."  I wanted to let me dogs chase him off my property for not even trying the first time and making next day delivery go 5 days.  But I think if I ever try to do more than 4 cards on a MB, I'm going for 2 PSUs.  It's more of a hassle to wire up, but it just seems so much better in the long run.

I think I'm going to RMA this Dual-X card.  It hashes like a beast, but the artifacting is driving me nuts.  Maybe I can get them to do a swap for a toxic if I cover the difference.  I doubt it though.

Community > Devs
vesperwillow

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 06:44:18 AM

Don't mix business and pleasure, just grab a 3rd card for your personal display Wink

Seriously though good luck with the RMA, hope it comes back soon. I'm 2 weeks waiting on a return from MSI. I think they all decided to take an extended holiday. lol.

TheHumanatee

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 02:50:28 PM

Vesper is the now the pool whale!!!

Fuse... do you want my hash rate back here at TAGMining? Let me know... still over at TAG.cryptopool.IT trying to build up that pool. Surprised to see the pool at less than 40Mh/s... last time I checked, the pool was running around 200Mh/s.

The cryptopool.it hash rate has fallen because no one has been able to cash out there since Dec 16th, and admin is not responding :/
ny2cafuse (OP)
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 04:27:54 PM

The cryptopool.it hash rate has fallen because no one has been able to cash out there since Dec 16th, and admin is not responding :/

I know 24Kilo was trying to help the pool, so maybe he can verify if payouts are going out or not.  I know he said that the reason the OP has been absent was he was in a car accident.  If payouts aren't going out, I'd recommend mining somewhere else until LeftToeCut can get back to work on the pool.

24Kilo, do you have access to the backend?  Or maybe a direct line to LeftToeCut?  I'd be willing to get the pool working again if he'd be willing to trust me with access to the server to get it processing.  It's more than likely an issue with the cronjobs not processing.  That's a lot of trust to give someone, so I'd understand if he didn't want to do that.  I just want to make sure people don't get the "server is shutting down, sorry about your lost coins" run-around that some of the TAG pool OPs pulled when the fork happened last month.  But I am not saying this is what's happening here... I just want to be clear on that.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
TheHumanatee

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 06:41:29 PM

I know 24Kilo was trying to help the pool, so maybe he can verify if payouts are going out or not.  I know he said that the reason the OP has been absent was he was in a car accident.  If payouts aren't going out, I'd recommend mining somewhere else until LeftToeCut can get back to work on the pool.

24Kilo, do you have access to the backend?  Or maybe a direct line to LeftToeCut?  I'd be willing to get the pool working again if he'd be willing to trust me with access to the server to get it processing.  It's more than likely an issue with the cronjobs not processing.  That's a lot of trust to give someone, so I'd understand if he didn't want to do that.  I just want to make sure people don't get the "server is shutting down, sorry about your lost coins" run-around that some of the TAG pool OPs pulled when the fork happened last month.  But I am not saying this is what's happening here... I just want to be clear on that.

-Fuse

Oh man, that's terrible. Poor shibe. :/
24Kilo

Activity: 672

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 08:01:48 PM

TAG.Cryptopool.IT is running fine. Here is a quote from his post over at TAGyak -

"I have been in a car crash. All is good but will stay in the hospital for at least a week, and between understaffed hospitals and holidays , maybe more. The pool is on auto as it is hard for me to do any admin work right now, typing takes ages. It has been running well and will keep running well I hope . Went down a day or so ago due to an old credit card on file. I will update the rest of the forums at a later date. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year everyone!"

Link to post - https://tagyak.org/groups/tag-cryptopool-it/forum/topic/this-pool-is-not-accessible-and-admin-is-absent/

I am getting consistent and regular payouts with no issues.

Thanks!
ny2cafuse (OP)
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 08:55:58 PM

TAG.Cryptopool.IT is running fine. Here is a quote from his post over at TAGyak -

"I have been in a car crash. All is good but will stay in the hospital for at least a week, and between understaffed hospitals and holidays , maybe more. The pool is on auto as it is hard for me to do any admin work right now, typing takes ages. It has been running well and will keep running well I hope . Went down a day or so ago due to an old credit card on file. I will update the rest of the forums at a later date. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year everyone!"

Link to post - https://tagyak.org/groups/tag-cryptopool-it/forum/topic/this-pool-is-not-accessible-and-admin-is-absent/

I am getting consistent and regular payouts with no issues.

Thanks!

Thanks for the verification, 24Kilo!

TheHumanatee, double-check your account settings, mate.  Maybe something isn't set correctly, and it's causing you to not get paid out.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
TheHumanatee

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 09:02:34 PM
Last edit: December 27, 2013, 09:16:01 PM by TheHumanatee

I was in his dogecoin pool, doge.cryptopool.it which stopped paying on Dec 16th. Neither auto nor manual payouts are working. There have been several other people raging about it on /r/dogecoin over the past week. I just alerted them to the tagyak post regarding the admin's accident
ny2cafuse (OP)
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 09:10:34 PM

I was in his dogecoin pool, doge.cryptopool.com which stopped paying on Dec 16th. Neither auto nor manual payouts are working. There have been several other people raging about it on /r/dogecoin over the past week. I just alerted them to the tagyak post regarding the admin's accident

Oh... cryptopool.com.  That's techbytes and ahmedbodi's pool.  cryptopool.it is LeftToeCut's pool.  LeftToeCut is the one who was in the accident.

This is why people need to come up with original domain names.  I can't keep it straight lol.

Community > Devs
TheHumanatee

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 09:17:08 PM

I was in his dogecoin pool, doge.cryptopool.com which stopped paying on Dec 16th. Neither auto nor manual payouts are working. There have been several other people raging about it on /r/dogecoin over the past week. I just alerted them to the tagyak post regarding the admin's accident

Oh... cryptopool.com.  That's techbytes and ahmedbodi's pool.  cryptopool.it is LeftToeCut's pool.  LeftToeCut is the one who was in the accident.

This is why people need to come up with original domain names.  I can't keep it straight lol.

Derp, I meant doge.cryptopool.it. Edited the above post
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: