Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 07:06:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][TAG] TAGMining.Com is now the official pool of Tagcoin!  (Read 45613 times)
24Kilo

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 06:51:47 AM

My 3yo daughter gave me a late xmas present this weekend.  I've been battling a 102+ temp for the last couple days.  If I don't respond right away to PMs and such, it's because I'm probably passed out.  I swear she breaks my heart though.  She comes up to me, gives me her favorite stuffed animal, a kiss on the forehead, and tells me, "this will make you feel better, daddy."   Cry like a hallmark Christmas commercial.

Go get some rest... it is the holidays... and get well soon!!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
johndec2

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 07:54:51 AM

First up... Fuse, that is soooo cute.  I remember when my daughter was that age, she would have reacted exactly the same!

Business. I was going to post this on the main TAG thread but I thought I'd get a better reply here as we are all pretty dedicated to the coin.  It appears like most newish coins TAG is no longer flavor of the month.  I'm not saying that's a bad thing, quite the reverse actually. Diff and price appeared to have stabilised at around 35-55 diff and 0.00095 BTC price which is generally good enough to keep us digging away without attracting the attention of the multipools.

Personally, I'm making about $150 gross per week (before electricity and amortising equipment costs) with 2.3MH/s at those prices.  Yes, I've had a bit of fun/profit mining the 2 latest hot coins, DOGE and EAC but I think my long term approach is to stick pretty tight to TAG.  I'm working on the theory that Mark (tagbond) is going to:

a. Actually get the business model up and running to his expectations and
b. Get to a steady price point of 1 TAG = $2.00 which he stated was a goal in the main thread.  TAG has already been there briefly a few weeks ago when the Chinese went crazy buying anything and everything and pushing BTC to nearly $1300.00

Do you guys think a and/or b will come to fruition?

24Kilo

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 07:59:50 AM
Last edit: December 30, 2013, 08:44:18 AM by 24Kilo

Also tried your .bin file... crashed my Gigabyte Rev2's.
What settings did you use for it? It doesn't always work, but when it does it gives about 20-30kh more.

Vesper,

Here is a screenshot of my batch file...

A quick question on riser cables... I need PCI-E 16x to PCI-E 16x... do I need/want powered riser cables?
24Kilo

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 08:29:51 AM

Business. I was going to post this on the main TAG thread but I thought I'd get a better reply here as we are all pretty dedicated to the coin.  It appears like most newish coins TAG is no longer flavor of the month.  I'm not saying that's a bad thing, quite the reverse actually. Diff and price appeared to have stabilised at around 35-55 diff and 0.00095 BTC price which is generally good enough to keep us digging away without attracting the attention of the multipools.

Personally, I'm making about $150 gross per week (before electricity and amortising equipment costs) with 2.3MH/s at those prices.  Yes, I've had a bit of fun/profit mining the 2 latest hot coins, DOGE and EAC but I think my long term approach is to stick pretty tight to TAG.  I'm working on the theory that Mark (tagbond) is going to:

b. Get to a steady price point of 1 TAG = $2.00 which he stated was a goal in the main thread.  TAG has already been there briefly a few weeks ago when the Chinese went crazy buying anything and everything and pushing BTC to nearly $1300.00

John,

I have to be honest, EarthCoin is going to my coin of choice in the long-term as it fits our business model with the farm much better, but that is not taking anything away from the TAG team and their coin, which I still believe has the most concentrated, focused and funded admin and development team of any coin. TagCoin was born for a purpose, which sets it in a league of it own to begin with.

But... you knew that was coming... the long-term success of TAG depends on Mark and his team setting up a good exchange and supporting the proposed pricing of TAG. If this does not happen, TAG will slowly fade into oblivion as the coin has no real attraction on its own, longer transaction times and very specific name and graphics. I would love to use TAG on the farm, but which works better selling this...

this... or this...

I really like TAG and hope that Mark and the team achieve their goals, which I am quite positive they will, and if so, I am definitely a long-term TAG miner, maybe just not a user. I think TAG will be a steady and consistent earner, not the most profitable or the latest fad, but solid and predictable, a coin that you can take to the bank each week to pay the bills with some profit left over, and that makes TAG my choice of coin to mine for the long-term.
johndec2

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 08:44:05 AM

I think TAG will be a steady and consistent earner, not the most profitable or the latest fad, but solid and predictable, a coin that you can take to the bank each week to pay the bills with some profit left over, and that makes TAG my choice of coin to mine for the long-term.

Exactly what I was trying to say except you managed to say it in 2 lines rather than my 3 paragraphs of waffle!!   Grin
24Kilo

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 01:51:43 PM

Vesper,

Can I use a PCI-E 1x to 16x riser cable going from a 16x slot to the GPU? The interwebs seem to indicate that I can... can you confirm?

Also power supplies... I am using Antec Truepower Classics 750W for my 2x280X miners... is that enough... thinking that I should move up to 850W PSU... if so what brand and model?

Also thinking of building my first 3x280X rig... what is your preferred PSU?

Thanks!

24Kilo
vesperwillow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 03:16:13 PM

Vesper,

Here is a screenshot of my batch file...

For all your batch files: Leave the shaders flag off, as you should only use it or thread-concurrency but not both (using TC overrides shaders).  I would remove temp-target as you're specifying 100% fans, so there's no need for a target.

For my scrypt kernel file: Try changing your gpu_engine to 1000, also try 1100, (and steps inbetween by factor of 15, 1015, 1030, etc) as those two are the stock clocks for the gigabyte. I'm hoping that works for you.

I would also play around with the scan-time flag, maybe upping it (unless forums have directed you otherwise with that card). I go with the default 60, I'm not sure if going up or down will provide any benefit, but once you have a stable hashrate it can't hurt to experiment a little.

A quick question on riser cables... I need PCI-E 16x to PCI-E 16x... do I need/want powered riser cables?

You don't need a powered riser. It won't hurt to have one, but in my experience there's no use for one. I believe BitcoinExpress has the same opinion. These systems are designed to draw the majority of their current through the PCIE power jacks. The PCIE-cable-provided power is for the logic controls.

Can I use a PCI-E 1x to 16x riser cable going from a 16x slot to the GPU? The interwebs seem to indicate that I can... can you confirm?

Yes you can use a 1x just fine. For the purposes of mining, these systems only use the 1x factor for data transmission. I have a couple of 1x-16x extensions and they're working fine.

Also power supplies... I am using Antec Truepower Classics 750W for my 2x280X miners... is that enough... thinking that I should move up to 850W PSU... if so what brand and model?

Also thinking of building my first 3x280X rig... what is your preferred PSU?

For longevity definitely go for anything 1100watts or above for 3 (1200+ ideal), or at minimum, 1050watts if the 12v rail is 29-30amps (per gpu).

For my R9 280x test rig, I have a 1050watt delivering around 27amps per GPU, running 2 MSI and 1 Toxic R9, and it's definitely  being maxed out. I just ordered some 1100watt PSUs to try out, they deliver 30amps per GPU (more current on the PCIE than the one I have). The important part is making sure each GPU can get 300watts of power (25amps), but realistically they draw 325-350 (27-29amps) if you're pushing them hard. 350*3=1050 for just the GPUs, not counting motherboard or other items.

If all else fails I'll mix 2 R9 cards with 1 7950 card and the new 1100w PSU, if I can't run 3 R9 cards on it.

I have to be honest, EarthCoin is going to my coin of choice in the long-term as it fits our business model with the farm much better, but that is not taking anything away from the TAG team and their coin, which I still believe has the most concentrated, focused and funded admin and development team of any coin. TagCoin was born for a purpose, which sets it in a league of it own to begin with.

OT, but those veggies look tasty. Makes me want to fly down there and eat some Cheesy

I'm confident tagbond will get things going, sometime this year. I do still mine other coins however, as my plan is simple: mine anything which comes along and store up some of it, and dump most of the goofy coins while they're valuable (dogecoin for example) to pay for the electric bills.

Because you never know what coin is going to really take off next. This is why I believe altcoins even have value (people trading BTC for Scrypt coins).. everyone wants to have pieces of the pie.

ny2cafuse (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

HODL for life.

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 05:27:49 PM

I'll take a stab at these 2 key points:

a. The thing I think we overlook with Tagcoin is that the business model is already up and running.  Businesses are already using it, and people are slowly adopting the rewards system.  In my correspondences with Mark, he has hinted at expansion plans.  I can't go into that any further, but he has plans  Grin.  So I think we'll see a nice steady growth of the system, and a long term economic model we can bank on... whether we're miners or rewards users.  I think you'll see things come out of Tagcoin far beyond what Mark is projecting for the next year.

b. I think we need to start thinking about the regional currency that this system is targeted at right now.  If you take the business model that Mark is shooting for- 1TAG = 80PHP-100PHP, you're looking at a conversion at about $1.80-2.25.  This is the buy/sell spread he is going to shoot for with his internal exchange.  I think if we were to focus on one thing that needs to be pushed for, it's the exchange.  Lets be honest, ATM our main exchange is Cryptsy.  There is BTER and Coinex, but try selling or buying more than 100TAG without moving the prices +/- 300% of where they are at.  I think once the exchange is properly operational, with the direct retailer buy options(where we can sell direct to the businesses), we'll see a better exchange rate for the coin.  I'll take a coin that I can mine for a year knowing that it will be a consistent rate all year.  I know almost everybody in crypto is about the big swing trades and wins, but I can see TAG being a long term solution for miners who like stability.

I would love to use TAG on the farm, but which works better selling this...

(picture of yummy food I want to eat right MEOW!)

this... or this...

I really like TAG and hope that Mark and the team achieve their goals, which I am quite positive they will, and if so, I am definitely a long-term TAG miner, maybe just not a user. I think TAG will be a steady and consistent earner, not the most profitable or the latest fad, but solid and predictable, a coin that you can take to the bank each week to pay the bills with some profit left over, and that makes TAG my choice of coin to mine for the long-term.

+1, and exactly how I feel about the stability.

But as far as using TAG on the farm, I think I look at Tag a little bit differently.  Why not use Tagbond, and tagverts, to offer your buyers rewards on what they buy?  Maybe if they buy X amount of veggies you give them X amount of TAG, but if they use Earthcoin to buy the same veggies they get 2X the amount of TAG.  Or maybe its a buy 10 with Earthcoin get one free, or whatever.  All of which is easily trackable through the Tagvert system.  You could even use RFID cards, like the TAG cards I have, to make it easier to track these rewards.  They don't even need to be the official Tagbond cards, you could have them branded for the farm, as well as with Earthcoin, and give them out as the farm's rewards card. 

I think we need to look further than just the coin, and really focus on the rewards system that the coin is backing.

24Kilo, if you believe Earthcoin is going to be successful, and widely used, maybe it's worth asking Mark to include it in the internal exchange.  Then you could easily exchange TAG for Earthcoin or fiat once the exchange is live.

Community > Devs
24Kilo

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 05:48:04 PM

OK... I will tackle the reply to Fuse then discuss .bat file with Vesper...

Fuse,

I agree with everything you wrote and that is why I am still mining TAG and plan to be for a long time going forward. You are right, I do not fully understand Mark's business, plans or models as I have not studied it in-depth, instead I am sitting on the side-lines listening and watching.  Irregardless, I am very confident that TAG is going to be a solid coin to mine and bank on for the next year or more.

An exchange is absolutely essential, starting today, I am going to be selling a substantial amount of the TAG that I mine and I really do not like using cryptsy or any other exchange. So I am hoping that Mark and the team make this a priority when they come back after the New Year.

As much as I like TAG, our market for the farm is going to be significantly more receptive to EarthCoin than TAG, so EAC will be focus as we implement alt-currency into our systems.

TAG is a great coin to mine, it seems to have stabilised and is boring enough that the masses are not chasing it, so making TAG mining predictable and profitable. Unlike EAC which is completely not worth the effort to mine at the moment, at least in my opinion.

Yeah... so TAG is a great coin for us miners... keep digging.

Another subject... I am hoping that LeftToeCut gets back soon as I want to move back to TAGMining... I am currently throwing 6Mh/s at TAG.cryptopool.IT to keep it alive.
24Kilo

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 06:00:48 PM

Vesper,

Here is the final .bat file that I used with your bin...

The best I could get was 711Kh/s... spend a few hours tweaking up and down... I cannot get the card to run the memory clock at 1800... instant freeze... have a feeling that I am not getting enough power to the card.

Here is the best .bat file to date...

This configuration will top out at 722Kh/s, plus I can run a half-dozen programs including photoshop and still average 700Kh/s over the course of the day.

I just ordered 10 powered 1x-16x PCI-E riser cables... should be here before February... hopefully.

As for PSU's... by your calculations, I am close to the limit running dual card rigs on 750W's... I am thinking that I need to move up to at least 850W PSU's.

While TAG is the backbone of my alt-coins, I did solo-mine EAC in the beginning(first time to solo) and have mined IFC, SXC, FLO, DGC, I have tried not to get caught up in the latest releases unless I really think the coins are promising in the long term... so no DOGE, Cat, KitteH, etc and etc. Although maybe I should just for fun and abit of profit-taking.
ny2cafuse (OP)
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 06:03:03 PM

Another thing to consider...

http://davaocity.en.craigslist.com.ph/reo/4261750526.html

This is 20HA farm in the Philippines for sale for 5500000PHP.  So using the high end suggested exchange rate, it's about 55,000TAG.  So take a guy like Vesper, with 8-9MH on average on the pool everyday.  He's easily pulling 100+TAG a day(right now 168 at difficulty of 34).  So even at 100TAG a day, that's 550 days of mining and you pay that place off and own your own tropical farm.

I know that's a stretch of the imagination, but I'd like to think that one day I'm going to retire on coin and have my own place somewhere tropical, paid free and clear.

As far as LeftToeCut's pool goes, mate... do what you think is right.  It's a noble cause helping him out, so kudos for that.  You'll always have a spot here if you decide to swing back over.

Community > Devs
vesperwillow

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 08:31:25 PM

Vesper,

Here is the final .bat file that I used with your bin...

The best I could get was 711Kh/s... spend a few hours tweaking up and down... I cannot get the card to run the memory clock at 1800... instant freeze... have a feeling that I am not getting enough power to the card.

Here is the best .bat file to date...

This configuration will top out at 722Kh/s, plus I can run a half-dozen programs including photoshop and still average 700Kh/s over the course of the day.

Well at least you gave it a good shot. I wonder if power is the limitation for you. If you're seeing a lot of variance in the hash (like 10kh +/-) it might mean it's thirsty for more power. You could yet get more hash out of your cards once you get more power.

All of these have a lot of personality, so it's not surprising to see them each act a little differently.

ny2cafuse (OP)
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 09:51:11 PM

FYI, there is currently a small arbitrage opportunity between cryptsy and bter on TAG right now.  Probably about a 580TAG trade for a 0.03-0.04BTC profit.  I know it's not a lot, but it's there.  If I had the liquid BTC I would jump on it right now.  So I figured I'd pass it on to you guys.  If I see these in the future I'll let you guys know.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
vesperwillow

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 01:40:14 AM

WOndering what 24k's background image is? Looks like a girl through the bar transparency, lol. Just noticed that. Family I presume?

ny2cafuse (OP)
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 02:15:06 AM

WOndering what 24k's background image is? Looks like a girl through the bar transparency, lol. Just noticed that. Family I presume?

LMFAO... I have been wondering that all day!

Community > Devs
24Kilo

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 03:48:26 AM

That is amusing that the two of you are mystified by my desktop background... hmmm... it has a girl's name but is not a girl... family... not really... but it is older than I and its 'younger sister' was my closest companion for about a decade... and if my wife was honest... she is just abit jealous.

Back to business... I have posted 25 TAG on the TagBond Exchange for a fair price of BTC.001... if anyone has any spare BTC and wants to create abit of volume on the exchange.
24Kilo

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 03:52:43 AM

Another thing to consider...

http://davaocity.en.craigslist.com.ph/reo/4261750526.html

This is 20HA farm in the Philippines for sale for 5500000PHP.  So using the high end suggested exchange rate, it's about 55,000TAG.  So take a guy like Vesper, with 8-9MH on average on the pool everyday.  He's easily pulling 100+TAG a day(right now 168 at difficulty of 34).  So even at 100TAG a day, that's 550 days of mining and you pay that place off and own your own tropical farm.

I know that's a stretch of the imagination, but I'd like to think that one day I'm going to retire on coin and have my own place somewhere tropical, paid free and clear.

As far as LeftToeCut's pool goes, mate... do what you think is right.  It's a noble cause helping him out, so kudos for that.  You'll always have a spot here if you decide to swing back over.

That is some real thought provoking material... I have a few friends that have moved to the Philippines for political reasons and my grandmother died there... not a fan of the tropics though... much prefer the colder climes.
vesperwillow

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 04:21:04 AM

That is amusing that the two of you are mystified by my desktop background... hmmm... it has a girl's name but is not a girl... family... not really... but it is older than I and its 'younger sister' was my closest companion for about a decade... and if my wife was honest... she is just abit jealous.

A pet! lol

24Kilo

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 04:58:37 AM

I just posted 25TAG to the TagBond Exchange at BTC.00095 each... that is better than the current Crypsty price... get them while you can!
vesperwillow

View Profile
December 31, 2013, 08:00:38 PM

The Corsair HX 1050 is a great deal when it sells for $199 via Amazon Prime. The 12V rail provides 29amps per GPU (87amps total split 3 ways). I've got one running right now.

THe Thermaltake TPG-1050M is also pretty good, but only delivers 27.5amps per GPU (80amps total)--but it's rated for more continuous output. I've got 2 of these sitting in my office, will try them out when the motherboards hit my doorstep. Usually $196 via Prime.

I still prefer the Seasonic series, mainly because their cables are a smidge longer and I like their "flat" style over the rounded "wrapped" style the other PSUs use.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: