Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 10:09:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][TAG] TAGMining.Com is now the official pool of Tagcoin!  (Read 45613 times)
vesperwillow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 11:54:18 PM

Someday I'll make it to Australia.. then I'll stop by and have to enjoy some of that amazing food.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
24Kilo

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 11:57:12 PM

Someday I'll make it to Australia.. then I'll stop by and have to enjoy some of that amazing food.

Mate... you are welcome any time.
ny2cafuse (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

HODL for life.

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 11:58:36 PM

OMG, 24Kilo... really???  Work was so crazy today I didn't get a chance to eat lunch, and I never eat breakfast.  So seeing delicious fresh potatoes, and the thought of grass-fed beef and lamb.  All I'd need is some shallots, some butter, a little white wine, garlic, and salt and pepper to finish.  My mouth is watering so much right now.

Damn you, 24Kilo.

Now as far as "having to support Fuse".  I have always said you do what is right for you and what gets you the best return.  Whether that's monetary or karma/happiness, do what is right for you  Smiley.  I'm behind TAG because I really do think it has a very long sustainable future.  Mark will not allow it to fail.  I will run Tagmining until the wheels fall off.  I have discussed with my business partner how we are going to move forward with everything crypto.  So yesterday was the last of the cashout of our hoarded coins for another round of 270s.  These will be pointed at Tagmining 24/7 unless there's some crazy coin launch we want to try to earn some coin on first day... but I doubt that's going to happen often.  Besides the mining operation, we will be looking at expanding our pool operation, which is essentially my side of the partnership.  This will include EAC(if the dev stops threatening people), and whatever other coins we deem notable enough to invest server infrastructure in.  Speaking of my partner, he is currently trying to get out of the newbie area, and may or may not introduce himself in the thread.  He likes being the silent partner lol.

So long story short... just keep doing what you're doing.  I'll keep doing what I'm doing.  In the end we'll all meet up one day for a round of beer and great food somewhere on a nice tropical beach in Thailand or something  Grin

-Fuse

Community > Devs
24Kilo

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 12:18:04 AM

...will include EAC(if the dev stops threatening people)...

The EAC has made a public apology to the community for his unprofessional behaviour -

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=379236.msg4534429#msg4534429

Things have turned very nasty on the EarthCoin thread... even I had to bite my tongue... the dev also apologised to me personally for his behaviour... so I am still confident in the EAC team.

As for TAG... as I starting to sound like a broken record... it is the best alt-coin now and for the foreseeable future and much credit needs to be given to Mark and the team. And Fuse... we have your back.

Australia has some great beaches as well... and some pretty tasty beer to boot!

Doesn't Mark have an Australian office... I wonder if a business trip could be arranged... hmmm...
vesperwillow

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 12:24:49 AM

So hungry. Must. Keep. Going.

NZ is in my top 3 places to live, with 'Stralia right alongside it. Heat, sunlight, awesome flora and fauna.

I'll also take tropics.

I'll find a way to make those GPU's run cool in the tropics..

ny2cafuse (OP)
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 12:33:16 AM

So hungry. Must. Keep. Going.

NZ is in my top 3 places to live, with 'Stralia right alongside it. Heat, sunlight, awesome flora and fauna.

I'll also take tropics.

I'll find a way to make those GPU's run cool in the tropics..

Shipping container or cinder block bunker buried in the ground with geo-thermal cooling.  One step ahead of you in the planning process lol.

Community > Devs
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 12:51:56 AM

So... Fuse, is there still a point in me trying to set up an Asian pool for TAG? Forget the part where I'll be competing with hash rates, just keep in mind the security of the coin. There are already other pools, but if another "stable" and "gold standard" quality pool is needed, I just might set one up.

As for beaches, well, the Philippines has Boracay. Not to mention the literally hundreds of other undiscovered virgin beaches. If not the beaches, you'll probably want to meet Mark and his team and where the coin was born.

And we have a gun show twice a year in the biggest mall in the country.

Dabs
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 01:38:03 AM

What multi-pools exist? Just wondering. I know of middlecoin, coinotron, multipool.us (is this the same as multipool.in?), hashco.ws, poolwarz, and whatever pool is on coinchoose.

These are the ones that jump on TAG or any other coin for that matter when it hits the top. Any kind of re-target longer than a few hours will totally disrupt the difficulty to the detriment of "legit" TAG miners. But that's something each coin has to consider until it is bigger.

ny2cafuse (OP)
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 01:40:14 AM

I would say no, Dabs.  I'm pretty sure there will be at least two going up in the next couple of weeks.

I'd die to go anywhere.  As long as I have a cold beer at dinner, and a couch to crash on at the end of the night, I'm there.

Now when you say gun show... do you mean

or

Community > Devs
ny2cafuse (OP)
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 01:44:53 AM

What multi-pools exist? Just wondering. I know of middlecoin, coinotron, multipool.us (is this the same as multipool.in?), hashco.ws, poolwarz, and whatever pool is on coinchoose.

These are the ones that jump on TAG or any other coin for that matter when it hits the top. Any kind of re-target longer than a few hours will totally disrupt the difficulty to the detriment of "legit" TAG miners. But that's something each coin has to consider until it is bigger.

I think that's it, Dabs.  Although I don't think Poolwarz is a true multipool in that it doesn't automine.  I have an account to check out the site design, but I never found that option.  I think they just offer all the pools in one easy to use location.  I could be wrong though.

Yeah, these are the bane of TAG, and other alts, existence.  I honestly wish there was a way to turn off their mining of TAG.  We'd stay under 150 difficulty easy if that was to happen.  I saw we were at about 210 today at one point.  And to think 2 weeks ago we saw 30's and 40's.  I wish I had my new cards then.

You get your rigs yet, Dabs?

-Fuse

Community > Devs
24Kilo

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 02:47:55 AM

What multi-pools exist?

Tompool.org... was hitting TAG with nearly a Gh/s until the last big fork problem about 48 hours ago... they removed TAG until this is resolved... just checked... they have not yet relisted TAG.
Dabs
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 02:53:42 AM

Not yet, still doing some calculations. I do have a pre-order for an Alpha-T Viper 5 MH/S (Which I put up for sale on their thread for 2 BTC.) I think I'll wait a week or two before I go buy a bunch of GPUs, I don't think that guy in Taiwan is going to run out (but he's more expensive than Amazon or Newegg, a little bit.)

Yes, that kind of gun show. It got moved from SM Megamall to SM Mall of Asia because it's a bigger venue. On the first day, usually the Chief of the PNP (Ph National Police) visits. Then the Chief of the AFP (Armed Forces of Ph) also takes a peek. They do it for publicity, because they get their guns at cost anyways. Our current President, President Noynoy Aquino owns at least 26 units, including a bunch of Glocks.

Its nice to go to a mall here, and see 3 computer stores right next to each other, then in the corner sandwiched between them is a gun store.

ny2cafuse (OP)
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 03:16:46 AM

Not yet, still doing some calculations. I do have a pre-order for an Alpha-T Viper 5 MH/S (Which I put up for sale on their thread for 2 BTC.) I think I'll wait a week or two before I go buy a bunch of GPUs, I don't think that guy in Taiwan is going to run out (but he's more expensive than Amazon or Newegg, a little bit.)

Yes, that kind of gun show. It got moved from SM Megamall to SM Mall of Asia because it's a bigger venue. On the first day, usually the Chief of the PNP (Ph National Police) visits. Then the Chief of the AFP (Armed Forces of Ph) also takes a peek. They do it for publicity, because they get their guns at cost anyways. Our current President, President Noynoy Aquino owns at least 26 units, including a bunch of Glocks.

Its nice to go to a mall here, and see 3 computer stores right next to each other, then in the corner sandwiched between them is a gun store.

Sounds like my kind of place.  Our malls are full of annoying tweens and cinnabon shops.

Community > Devs
Dabs
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 03:55:14 AM

Wow. I was excited about my 4 KH/S cpu mining, then they all got orphaned. Oh well. I just added more CPUs to up my hash rate. I'm thinking I can just buy a GPU for each CPU I have, then just have them run one each.

ny2cafuse (OP)
Legendary

HODL for life.

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 04:33:34 AM

OK, miners...

So we are way ahead of the block explorer, as is Hashfaster.  I'm going to ride this one out and hope this auto-corrects like it has been.  Botpool is on the behind fork, and will probably carry that chain closer to ours as our difficulty increases.  If we were way behind the explorer, I would be worried.  I'm not going to say keep mining or don't mine.  Do what you believe is right at this time.  However, like always, I'm putting my eggs in tagmining's basket, as it has always come ahead in these matters, even if we get a string of orphans like crazy.  I know, I know... the orphans are killing us.  No need to remind me.

-Fuse

Community > Devs
24Kilo

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 07:27:44 AM

Power bill arrived today... was pleasantly surprised... a nice thing for a change... had the electrician come by and quoted running another 2 circuits into the basement for another 16 miners... 24Mh/s...  Cool
johndec2

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 07:30:22 AM

Was it close to the numbers I quoted you?

Power bill arrived today... was pleasantly surprised... a nice thing for a change... had the electrician come by and quoted running another 2 circuits into the basement for another 16 miners... 24Mh/s...  Cool
24Kilo

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 07:43:30 AM

Was it close to the numbers I quoted you?

I have yet to really figure it out like you did since I started this quarter with no miners and ended it with 10.5Mh/s... but a quick glance... yes... your numbers were close enough to use for a budget... I think I am running abit less since we have a solar array on the roof... about 2kW from memory... so that helps abit... I wills it down with bill over the next week and fine tune the numbers.

I am taking abit of a gamble... the power bill for the farm has increase 4x in the past 12 months without us adding any usage... we have not passed this expense along yet and I am hoping that I can offset the power bill with mining... according to my figures it will take about 20Mh/s to make the farm power bill free plus hopefully a small profit... this will let us hold our produce prices... at least that is the plan.

So I need a good, stable priced coin to mine like TAG...
Frankthechicken

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 02:17:38 PM

I had to duck out of mining TAG after the orphan issue got real bad Sad  At least I got into the drawing last week though.  Smiley

I'm in expansion mode, so I'm looking for more coin sooner atm, however still holding a decent percentage of the coins I think have a future.

The funny thing is, I've tried a couple of the multi coin pools and didn't find them any more profitable than picking a good coin and just sticking to it for days at a time, at least not enough to deal with dispersing the crumbs from a dozen coins.  I still have LTC dust stuck on a couple servers worth about $5 currently but below the minimum withdraw amount.  Also, the frequent load variations on the equipment just doesn't feel like it is healthy... having a PSU go from 1500W to 200W to 1500W again in a few seconds every 10 or 20 minutes just makes me uneasy.
vesperwillow

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 02:58:40 PM

Saw 19 270X gpus came into stock on Amazon. Moments before I could pull the trigger, they disappeared.

Le Sigh.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: