Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:07:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 55 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will the bitcoin be outdated by another currency?  (Read 5691 times)
lbassotto (OP)

Activity: 72
Merit: 33

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 02:59:32 PM
Merited by 1Referee (2), netox (1)

My answer to the principle is: NO

Bitcoin is money, the value of money is built on confidence, tradition and security, attributes that Bitcoin offers easily. The analogy between Bitcoin and social networks is completely incorrect, people think that Bitcoin is an myspace that will be replaced by facebook. It turns out that Bitcoin is money and not a social network, so this comparison is completely wrong.

Most of mankind's wealth resides in vaults for hundreds of years, so the circulating medium is derisory close to it. Why are we going to need fast, no-fee coins if we can use paper money and banks? Bitcoin's purpose is to be a safe asset, scarce and superior to gold. What is behind Bitcoin is the fact that no politician can steal you through taxes or inflation, there is nothing safer than Blockchain and Bitcoin. So far no technologically superior currency has emerged to Bitcoin to the point of provoking an abyss between technologies and will hardly emerge.

BUY BITCOIN TODAY AND ALWAYS.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 03:19:58 PM
Merited by lbassotto (2)

Bitcoin is simple, and that's what people like. People want to store value, move value back and forth, and if possible, at low cost. Altcoins have been offering all sorts of gimmick features throughout the years, but 95% of the people aren't interested in using these features at all, which once again points out that it there is no such a thing as Bitcoin being outdated.

Another aspect I see people complain about, is that Bitcoin's transaction fees are so expensive while altcoin fees are so insanely low. Roger Ver did that too, and he even made fun of Bitcoin various times in his streams as well. People should understand that the only reason altcoins are able to offer cheap transaction fees is because barely anyone is using their networks. High fees = high demand for block space. Low fees, or even no fees = low to no demand for block space (ie, coin is practically redundant). While I don't like altcoins, I do like their presence and the global interest in them. It's impossible to point out exactly, but the altcoin market makes sure a very large number of Bitcoins are taken out of direct circulation, and that makes sure there will only be more coin scarcity in the coming years. In other words, booming altcoin market is great for Bitcoin as well.
just_Alice

Activity: 1274
Merit: 622

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 03:54:14 PM

I don't find any similarities between BTC and social networks and I don't think this is the case. But the important thing now is that people should not consider Bitcoin as a property. We can see this attitude through governments implementing taxes on storing cryptocurrencies and through people buying and selling BTC like crazy. All of this lead big leaps in prices and high volatility. If people want Bitcoin to be a currency they should stop treating it like something else.
faithupgrade

Activity: 475
Merit: 253

ARCS - A New World Token

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 04:01:34 PM

Bitcoin is going 9yrs old, so far no alts surpasses Bitcoin. For 9yrs it remains the king. While Bitcoin is going down, no alts remains strong. All alts are crashing too. This is the best indication that Bitcoin has no replacement.

▄▄██████▄
    ▄███████████
  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀       ▄▄▄
 ▄████
█▀             ████▄
█████               █████▄
█████                 █████
█████               █████
 ▀████
█▄           ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀█████████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀
ARCS
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A   N E W   W O R L D   T O K E N
|     WEBSITE     |     TWITTER     |   TELEGRAM   |     MEDIUM     |  WHITEPAPER  |
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ██████████████████████████     ███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
waywethe

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 04:02:39 PM

No altcoin can be compared to Bitcoin and Bitcoin will forever be a king in Crypto. But if you want to overthrow Bitcoin, only ETH can do it. Because ETH is also developing strongly and is trending up like Bitcoin before
spiker777

Activity: 993
Merit: 278

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2018, 04:04:26 PM

Bitcoin is already being outdated by other cryptocurrencies, even Ethereum was a generational improvement on Bitcoin. However, as we all know, the best isn't always the most successful, and bitcoin is clearly the most successful. However, modern cryptos such as ADA and EOS could possibly overthrow bitcoin if they manage to gain significant traction and partnerships, this is because they have much more potential outside of just being a payment system.

cryptoblue

Activity: 196
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 04:15:10 PM

At present, I don't think that any other coin would beat bitcoin, but there are a few good coins that have got a very bright future such as Neo.

│ │   │      │      ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━     IDA DIGITAL ASSET MANAGEMENT PTY, LTD     ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━      │      │   │ │
─────────      Digitize Real Assets On The Ida Platform, Join A Thriving Business Ecosystem      ─────────
││     WhitePaper     ││  │   Telegram   │   Twitter   │   Facebook   │   YouTube   │  │││     PRIVATE SALE is L I V E !     │││
Grimjhow

Activity: 159
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 04:17:03 PM

must be admitted bitcoin is a very sophisticated technology with unquestionable security
now with a high bitcoin price it is unlikely that bitcoin will be expired by another currency
I can not say no ... becouse nothing is impossible in this world.
Commie

Activity: 621
Merit: 108

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 04:19:52 PM

Bitcoin is going 9yrs old, so far no alts surpasses Bitcoin. For 9yrs it remains the king. While Bitcoin is going down, no alts remains strong. All alts are crashing too. This is the best indication that Bitcoin has no replacement.

It is only the king because it was the first one, I think. The code is outdated, transaction commissions are over the top, lots of other issues etc. But I see it remaining the equivalent of gold in crypto world for quite a while.

carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 04:20:29 PM

For me theres no impossible since we have so much time to wait,and so long way to go..yes bitcoin is the first coin,yes bitcoin has limited volume,yes bitcoin ithe highest valued coins as of now..but remember theres no permanent in this world.theres a situation that will come and wont be managed by this great coin and will lead for the outdated.so what we do now is wait for the right time.
BillCoin

Activity: 476
Merit: 259

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 04:22:47 PM

Most of bitcoin's value comes from the fact that it has been here for really long, and it is like the big statue of the cryptocurrency market, you won't hear about someone who knows about an altcoin but never heard about bitcoin.

Not only that, most of the altcoins are being traded against bitcoin only so if someone want to buy a specific altcoin he has to buy bitcoin at first and then to convert it into alts.
The only reason I see bitcoin goes down from being the main cryptocurrency is a fork or something like that.
ABYANSYARIF

Activity: 364
Merit: 1

www.savedroid.com

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 04:36:36 PM

by another currency no way at least these time
simplicity of bitcoin is the key
but when bitcoin compare with another cryptocurency its autdated already
because bitcoin is the first, the technology is adopted by next cryptocurency with some improvement

WWW.SAVEDROID.COM (https://www.savedroid.com) - CRYPTO SAVING FOR EVERY ONE - SIGN UP & STAY TUNED
princesspoppy

Activity: 633
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 04:40:18 PM

I think it would be hard for other cryptos to replace or to outdated bitcoin. Bitcoin comes from a long run for almost 10 years now and it is the pioneer of all cryptos, it's price is obviously higher than any other cryptos, and one of the most advantages of bitcoin is its decentralization which is much preferred by investors unlike other cryptos out there which is centralized. This are some of many advantages of bitcoin that would be hard to reach/pass by other cryptocurrencies. If other coins out there would want to surpass bitcoin, then they should be like bitcoin with much better advantages.

WHALES HEAVEN
Custody-free Swapping Platform
◈  ────────  Reddit ⬝  BountyWebsiteTelegramTwitterGitHub  ────────  ◈
BTCeminjas

Activity: 322
Merit: 23

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 05:12:45 PM

As I saw all replies many say no, well, obviously there's no other digital currencies may replace in bitcoin. For how many years bitcoin exist and until now bitcoin is there, you know why? Because bitcoin is a most trusted digital coin and have an asset of being profitability that's why until now people still keep in touch bitcoin.
Even altcoins never replace bitcoin, if you remember ethereum almost overtake bitcoin but unfortunately did not happen, maybe that coin will be the next step of bitcoin.
sigam batat

Activity: 152
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 05:20:54 PM

I think the bitcoin will not be expired by other currencies because bitcoin is growing so fast and again this bitcoin already knows a lot, bitcoin can also be used as a livelihood in bitcoin by doing tranding and minning to get a lot of bitcoin and can be redeemed to currency.
linshisui38

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 02:36:40 AM

Bitcoins face some challenges, such as scalability issues that can be improved or mitigated through new digital currencies, and then the currency can continue to evolve and replace bitcoin. However, it seems unlikely that bitcoin's first-mover advantage and the development of its ecosystem have firmly positioned it as a leading digital currency.
Tynovten_

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 05:55:24 AM

As we know, there's nothing that could beat bitcoin. Bitcoin is being the centre of altc price. Altc changed followed bitcoin step.

It will so hard to beat, someone interesting on bitcoin keep increasing and it's real. Even though some countries not make it legal on invest. But it won't being primary problem.

xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 05:59:49 AM

Maybe, but for now the answer is still no and it's still a long way for other crypto to be able to beat down Bitcoin, Bitcoin dominance is very high and got a very high transactions volume compare to it's competitor, but other coin will keep on improving and if Bitcoin couldn't follow to update then one day people will find other coin to used

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
ClumsySmile45

Activity: 73

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 06:04:51 AM

We can't deny the fact, that there are many arising problem right with BTC. I do hope it'll be solve asap.
What I'm just saying is that together with its rising popularity there's also an arising problem with it. If these problems cannot be solved, I fear BTC will be surpassed by other cryptocurrency.
vintages

Activity: 966
Merit: 153

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 07:03:36 AM

All what I can say is that, for now Bitcoin is not outdated by any other 'cryptocurrency'. But in years to come, if no other crypto stands up to beat bitcoin in the game then it can still stand. Modern technology is always increasing; if another coin emerges to give what bitcoin didn't give, don't be surprised that this our favorite coin will be outdated. Or else if it is constantly update to match new modern technology.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 55 »
  Print  

Jump to: