Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:15:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will the bitcoin be outdated by another currency?  (Read 5691 times)
Mateo123

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 07:19:11 AM

Bitcoin is going 9yrs old, so far no alts surpasses Bitcoin. For 9yrs it remains the king. While Bitcoin is going down, no alts remains strong. All alts are crashing too. This is the best indication that Bitcoin has no replacement.

I agree,bitcoin is bitcoin,  it is a significant coin,theres no altcoin could ever be replaced with it, all alts depends on btc so therefore,i can say that bitcoin is always be on top and remains to be the king in cryptocurrency. ....

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
manfredmann

Activity: 518
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2018, 07:23:39 AM

Well we do not know that development team could be separated because nothing is forever. It could be possible to ethereum that has been a lot of use lately where most of the altcoins in the market is ethereum platform base. So we could expect that ethereum could go beyond bitcoin.
talenah kotang

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 07:25:42 AM

No, Because bitcoin is where all started and the success of bitcoin is very much great and no one can ever replace on it on his success.
Yes it is true, but time can expire because this is life and no one knows how tomorrow. So in my opinion it is not impossible if bitcoin will expire.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 08:04:16 AM

No, Because bitcoin is where all started and the success of bitcoin is very much great and no one can ever replace on it on his success.
It is still depend on the progress of the other cryptocurrencies in the market because who knows that in the future, there might be a better type of cryptocurrency which will give all of the features that a person could be looking for and that will become the reason for bitcoin to lose in competition and just have a slow death and absence of demand.
Virtual miner

Activity: 728
Merit: 275

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 10:03:16 AM

My answer to the principle is: NO

Bitcoin is money, the value of money is built on confidence, tradition and security, attributes that Bitcoin offers easily. The analogy between Bitcoin and social networks is completely incorrect, people think that Bitcoin is an myspace that will be replaced by facebook. It turns out that Bitcoin is money and not a social network, so this comparison is completely wrong.

Most of mankind's wealth resides in vaults for hundreds of years, so the circulating medium is derisory close to it. Why are we going to need fast, no-fee coins if we can use paper money and banks? Bitcoin's purpose is to be a safe asset, scarce and superior to gold. What is behind Bitcoin is the fact that no politician can steal you through taxes or inflation, there is nothing safer than Blockchain and Bitcoin. So far no technologically superior currency has emerged to Bitcoin to the point of provoking an abyss between technologies and will hardly emerge.

BUY BITCOIN TODAY AND ALWAYS.
We can say anything for sure now. Anything can happen and time will tell us that. I am also a firm supporter of Bitcoin but I am also aware of the fact that nothing stays forever. There may come some another innovation with some brilliant features which might replace Bitcoin and people may accept it as they accepted Bitcoin. Though this would be very tough but possibility is there.
enzo24

Activity: 173
Merit: 4

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 10:06:27 AM

This time is not suitable for giving the answer to this question. Who knows what will come after blockchain system. Everyday technology is becoming upgraded so anything can happen in the future.
polikarp

Activity: 27

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 10:38:51 AM

That is not going to happen anytime soon. 8 years have passed and no coin is even close.
BTCballa

Activity: 152
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 12:19:06 PM

I am persuaded that we will stick with bitcoin until everything will be more stable than it is right now because bitcoin is still remain and 41% of all the currencies is Bitcoin, It is a dominant.
connexus

Activity: 774
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 12:33:19 PM

No currency can outdated Bitcoin it is still on top and none among the listed crypto currency can even reach the price of bitcoin it is too far away.
pinot95

Activity: 70
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 02:49:35 PM

For me, personally no. Too much demand on BTC vs Altcoins. BTC is way more stable than any of the other Altcoins. I'm not saying it's not worth investing in Altcoins but BTC will stay on top. The fact that it was the first makes it very significant. The trust in Atlcoins by the people is low. Too many hyped coins that run away with peoples money.

Maybe it can happen but not that easy because bitcoin has gained a very huge amount of users and is the most trusted cryptocurrency ever existed. It would take a lot of trial and error for the new that can outdate bitcoin. Bitcoin holds the brandname of crypto so it is not easy but not impossible too we don’t know the new innovation of other coins. It must be good if it can outdate bitcoin.
Jimitieu

Activity: 141

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 05:02:25 PM

Bitcoin is money, the value of money is built on confidence, tradition and security, attributes that Bitcoin offers easily. The analogy between Bitcoin and social networks is completely incorrect, people think that Bitcoin is an myspace that will be replaced by facebook. It turns out that Bitcoin is money and not a social network, so this comparison is completely wrong.

Most of mankind's wealth resides in vaults for hundreds of years, so the circulating medium is derisory close to it. Why are we going to need fast, no-fee coins if we can use paper money and banks? Bitcoin's purpose is to be a safe asset, scarce and superior to gold. What is behind Bitcoin is the fact that no politician can steal you through taxes or inflation, there is nothing safer than Blockchain and Bitcoin. So far no technologically superior currency has emerged to Bitcoin to the point of provoking an abyss between technologies and will hardly emerge.

I think nowadays, bitcoin is a potentially huge money, and it is likely that it will replace the traditional currency in the future, but if society is thriving then it is unlikely. But the high possibility is that bitcoin will be in high position for long time and it is very difficult to have another money to change it.

Amanda Green

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 09:22:01 PM

Future is too unclear to be seen and predicted. Therefore, I prefer to build a well-diversified portfolio based on your risk preference and investment goals. And it should include different assets among which are various currencies and projects. I can name you one good Token Sale. It is called Socratus.  It is an insurance ecosystem which provides a digital platform for insurance companies. So any insurance company can connect the platform to become the part of Insurance Digital Ecosystem.
Athanasios Motok

Activity: 387
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 12:38:06 PM

I believe that bitcoin can not become outdated with time. I believe that bitcoin may have competitors, but it will serve at least 100 years. So arranged his system to 2125 year plan bitcoin is painted.
jackylion

Activity: 308

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 12:48:09 PM

No, BTC is the king of the cryptographic market, without any coin or money that can compete with them, in my opinion, if possible only in the next 5 years, then the board will be copper can compete with BTC.

■         ■         ■         ■         ■         ■         L B X         ■         ■         ■         ■         ■         ■
■     The London Block Exchange     ■──[│  P R E S A L E is L I V E !  │]──■
■  Facebook  ■  Twitter  ■  Medium  ■──  Download On  ──[ GOOGLE PLAYAPP STORE ]──■
fudster

Activity: 1190
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 12:58:23 PM

TO me its kind of. With the rise of platforms like ETH, its not going to replace bitcoin but BTC will be sold rarely because platforms is going to be traded with much volume every day compare to BTC.  When one day NEO and all other platforms it will all come to which dominates and which platform is being used widely but we are currently seeing ETH to be the first to rise.
Bitcoinbitcoin0909

Activity: 268

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 01:50:06 PM

That is always possible knowing that bitcoin is now going down bit by bit and some altcoins are gaining more potential which can possibly overtake bitcoin in the near future. We should atleast be prepared on such phenomena so that when those time comes, we will not loose plenty of money and can start investing on the dominator of bitcoin in the future.

Gumpfire

Activity: 378
Merit: 111

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 02:02:29 PM

I believe that bitcoin cannot be oitdated by other cryptocurrency because it is the strongest cryptocurrency that has a highest value in the market and it is the first cryptocurrency that was created. There are no any possible reasons that bitcoin will be dedeated by other cryptocurrency.
websoftwareengineer

Activity: 364

Blockchain with VTOS energy

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 02:12:43 PM

For me, personally no. Too much demand on BTC vs Altcoins. BTC is way more stable than any of the other Altcoins. I'm not saying it's not worth investing in Altcoins but BTC will stay on top. The fact that it was the first makes it very significant. The trust in Atlcoins by the people is low. Too many hyped coins that run away with peoples money.

Maybe it can happen but not that easy because bitcoin has gained a very huge amount of users and is the most trusted cryptocurrency ever existed. It would take a lot of trial and error for the new that can outdate bitcoin. Bitcoin holds the brandname of crypto so it is not easy but not impossible too we don’t know the new innovation of other coins. It must be good if it can outdate bitcoin.

Actually, there is a possibility that bitcoins will be replaced someday because of different ico's that is launching every month in the market today and there might be one platform that is gonna surpass bitcoins in the future.

⚫ ▬▬     V T O S   |   Decentralized CDN & Social Network     ▬▬ ⚫
  Whitepaper    JOIN OUR ICO  >  MAY 28th  <
FACEBOOK               MEDIUM               TWITTER               GITHUB               TELEGRAM
Firefox07

Activity: 532

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 02:25:32 PM

I don't take away the possibilities that there is another coin that can be outdated bitcoin in the future. There are so many good crypto that are in the market. And they have a good potential to be great in the future. And i can't wait for that moment to arrive.

Cangkeman Wae

Activity: 826

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 02:03:32 PM

I'm sure changes always occur so that whenever bitcoin can be replaced with other coins, especially when it's registered more than 1650 coins so it's possible for bitcoin to be outdated by another coin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  

Jump to: