Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 10:14:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [QRK] 120,000 QRK Bounty for New Logo  (Read 39014 times)
Lanochka

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

:)

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 11:54:31 AM
Last edit: January 11, 2014, 12:06:54 PM by Lanochka

@FlipPro: You asked us to design different elements (logo+text, quark accepted button, coins, physical coins and perhaps even an ascii-character). Many designers have submitted designs where some of these elements are missing. In many cases, they focussed on a single element and in some they cases provided variations of this element (which is nice!). To me it seems fair to split the voting into different categories. Community can then pick a favorite design for each category.

Categories:
hard:
- best logo + text (or separate as many have not included text)
- best quark accepted button
- best coin
- best physical coin
- best ascii character
soft:
- best overall originality
- best overall creativity
- best overall quality

Split results in a 50% vote for community and 50% vote for competition funders.

Not only is this way of voting fair. The end-results will give you an idea of what community is looking for. It could very well be a combination of designs from different designers. I think the design-phase doesn't necessarily have to end here..

My 2 coins..

Dear  martijnp,

You are wrong, it wasn't in original requirements. Here is the original task from TC:

As you can see, there is no requirement for: text, quark accepted button, coins, physical coins and perhaps even an ascii-character. And the goal is: "The creation of a NEW LOGO, not just all design." It was revard for LOGO only. And there is one more bounty 300k qrk for all stuff you mentioned.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 12:20:57 PM

soo no body won? lol

martijnp

Activity: 77

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 12:34:12 PM

@gjeric and @Lanochka: How am I wrong? Check page 4!!!

Perhaps it would have been better to include this in the opening post, but it just wasn't.. Many did exactly what was asked for so it shouldn't be such a big deal. In my case I've put -A LOT- of extra effort in delivering all the required elements! This will be the same for all the others that submitted a complete entry. Perhaps it's best to divide the 120k over each category. Everyone should have a fair chance! It's up to FlipPro to decide what to do.. I'm sure he figures out something!

SUBMISSION SHOULD INCLUDE REPLICA OF COIN FOR FULL PAYMENT OF BOUNTY. SUBMISSION SHOULD ALSO INCLUDE "QUARK ACCEPTED HERE" LOGO.

"QuarkCoin"

"Coin"

"Quarkcoin Accepted Here"

"Physical"

Dreams are for those who can not endure, who are not strong enough for reality. Reality is for those who are not strong enough to endure, to confront their dreams. - Slavoj Zizek
skillrun

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 12:52:32 PM

Perhaps it would have been better to include this in the opening post, but it just wasn't.. Many did exactly what was asked for so it shouldn't be such a big deal. In my case I've put -A LOT- of extra effort in delivering all the required elements! This will be the same for all the others that submitted a complete entry. Perhaps it's best to divide the 120k over each category. Everyone should have a fair chance! It's up to FlipPro to decide what to do.. I'm sure he figures out something!

devide would be silly. 1 person gets it all.
Lanochka

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 12:56:10 PM

SUBMISSION SHOULD INCLUDE REPLICA OF COIN FOR FULL PAYMENT OF BOUNTY. SUBMISSION SHOULD ALSO INCLUDE "QUARK ACCEPTED HERE" LOGO.

It was an extremly bad idea to post aditional reqirement NOT in the first post. It's not the strict rule to use only first post for rules description, TC can decide how it should go, but anyway it wasn't posted neither here, not on quarktalk (and it was possible and easy to edit first post at anytime, so it's quite odd that FlipPro haven't made it). So a LOT of those who took a part in this contest have never seen this "extra" post with adition rule before. It's up to FlipPro to decide what to do next, but it would be strange desition to use this rule for filtering 80% of submited logos Shocked
emu

Activity: 69

stupidity manager

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 01:19:27 PM

old logo is epic, no need to change at all

if you want your SKC in good hands: SXVBoZJWahdVNZsYqjdF3V25hSWDvNaoDn
gjeric

Activity: 295
Merit: 250

Graphic Designer

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 01:28:15 PM

It was an extremly bad idea to post aditional reqirement NOT in the first post. It's not the strict rule to use only first post for rules description, TC can decide how it should go, but anyway it wasn't posted neither here, not on quarktalk (and it was possible and easy to edit first post at anytime, so it's quite odd that FlipPro haven't made it). So a LOT of those who took a part in this contest have never seen this "extra" post with adition rule before. It's up to FlipPro to decide what to do next, but it would be strange desition to use this rule for filtering 80% of submited logos Shocked

Exactly, and whoever wins can just make this additional designs. I'll be happy to do a 3D render of Quark coin, like I did for Lottocoin.

My Graphic Design Service / Portfolio: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=330240.0
martijnp

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 01:47:29 PM

All these opinions.. For sure there's plenty to argue about. It's impossible to please everyone. Just let the man decide and leave it with that! In the end he's the one providing the funds..

Dreams are for those who can not endure, who are not strong enough for reality. Reality is for those who are not strong enough to endure, to confront their dreams. - Slavoj Zizek
madjihad

Activity: 227
Merit: 260

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 02:14:50 PM

All these opinions.. For sure there's plenty to argue about. It's impossible to please everyone. Just let the man decide and leave it with that! In the end he's the one providing the funds..

I will just leave it here:
Libertas, aequitas, veritas....

There is nothing to argue about. Basically we should follow these 3 principles, otherwise why do we need cryptocurrencies at all Smiley
If someone will not follow simple justice and trust, than all this competition would be just another scam (as it's possible to steal any of submitted logos without paying the bounty to artist and just use it Angry)

P.S.: I haven't participated in it.
AddisonFlash

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 04:14:31 AM

Can anyone make me a member of Quarktalk? I submitted my logo on this website before countdown..
Yeah, I applied for membership right when I found out it was back up, posted a couple things on the only thing I could post in, and stayed logged in for like half a day. Still can't post or comment, also preventing me from posting my submission, which WAS entered on here before the deadline. Kinda irritating that these new submission requirements have popped up as well...
FlipPro (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 07:35:11 AM

If you see a name that has not been submitted on this list, help your neighbor out and add their name!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1y4aEU57UUbQ4McBPNYZK8ydzwrCCpOBBK5ikevdB0Aw/edit?pli=1

It's honestly too many submissions for me to compile, and I need all of your help!

This is going to be an epic vote!

100% community based, I have no more power with my vote than any one of you.

The only thing I can do is influence the voters on who I think should be the winner. For that I will wait till the vote is actually live.

Designers are encouraged to start a thread on Bitcointalk, QuarkTalk, or http://forum.qrk.cc/ to build consensus around their designs.

Thank you for everyone participating!

We may be extending the registration period to make sure everyone gets a chance to demo their designs to the community at large!

If the community wishes I would prefer to do the vote on the 31st of January right here on BitcoinTalk to allow everyone the opportunity to show off their designs, and properly register in the competition.

What do you think?
FlipPro (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 07:39:14 AM

Can anyone make me a member of Quarktalk? I submitted my logo on this website before countdown..
Yeah, I applied for membership right when I found out it was back up, posted a couple things on the only thing I could post in, and stayed logged in for like half a day. Still can't post or comment, also preventing me from posting my submission, which WAS entered on here before the deadline. Kinda irritating that these new submission requirements have popped up as well...
It's fine, submissions on this thread will be obviously honored...

Please make sure you add your name to the list....
martijnp

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 09:58:09 AM

What do you think?

Looking forward to it!

31st of January here on Bitcointalk is fine! Just make sure to update the opening posts of the contest both here and @ quarktalk so info is consistent everywhere..

Good luck to everyone!

Lanochka

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 02:09:42 PM

If you see a name that has not been submitted on this list, help your neighbor out and add their name!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1y4aEU57UUbQ4McBPNYZK8ydzwrCCpOBBK5ikevdB0Aw/edit?pli=1

It's honestly too many submissions for me to compile, and I need all of your help!

If the community wishes I would prefer to do the vote on the 31st of January right here on BitcoinTalk to allow everyone the opportunity to show off their designs, and properly register in the competition.

What do you think?

All right!  Wink Smiley Smiley

P.S.
Today stumbled upon a song about quarks ... Shocked
Who wants can download and listen...  Cheesy
http://webfile.ru/9bf0ba3c86de6e9215388df0a9954929
It's probably, some kind of fan \ miner did this  cover ...
FlipPro (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 04:04:35 AM

What do you think?

Looking forward to it!

31st of January here on Bitcointalk is fine! Just make sure to update the opening posts of the contest both here and @ quarktalk so info is consistent everywhere..

Good luck to everyone!

31ST of January for the official vote?

What does everyone here think ?

Consensus?
Robert Lewandowski

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

Bayern

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 03:39:47 AM

I think everyone forgot about the Logo contest lol. Flip who are you on the QRK Forums?
Mjbmonetarymetals
Legendary

Activity: 1096
Merit: 1067

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 02:03:41 PM

I think everyone forgot about the Logo contest lol. Flip who are you on the QRK Forums?

I don't think the designers who have put lots of work into this have forgotten  Grin

Bitrated user: Mick.
mymenace
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061

Smile

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 07:32:20 PM

Original thread has end date, has this been extended, dont you think this will turn designers off

each time a logo comp runs, the rules change, then they extend the comp, or do not even select a logo

has happened too many times

unfair to the developers who run logo comps and stick to what they originally said

Grin
newflesh

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 08:09:15 PM

Lest we forget Smiley

Seems to be a pattern of people holding contests and disappearing: Balthazar (novacoin logo contest), Coinhoarder (physical bitcoin design) etc etc

Think there needs to be a standard set where all contest payments are escrowed to mods beforehand.
mymenace
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061

Smile

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 08:12:34 PM

Lest we forget Smiley

Seems to be a pattern of people holding contests and disappearing: Balthazar (novacoin logo contest), Coinhoarder (physical bitcoin design) etc etc

Think there needs to be a standard set where all contest payments are escrowed to mods beforehand.

I have 5 threads in my watchlist where the logo has not been selected and conditions have changed

Grin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: