Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 02:33:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: free electricity - In what should i invest at moment?  (Read 3094 times)
smracer
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1055
Merit: 1020

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 05:08:07 PM

Where are you located?

I am sucking down 20KW right now with 67 BFL 60GH singles and 1 Jupiter.

If you are close to me I can run everything at your place and pay you $1000 a month.

Are you in a warehouse?  I will need a dedicated 300 amp panel.  I can bring that over as well and all the wiring.  Let me know if you are interested.
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jeppe

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 06:10:05 PM

You should invest in GPU's as they are relatively safe to invest in compared to asics, you can always resell a GPU to a mad gamer. Also, LTC is going up in price like nothing else!!
vpasic

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 12:44:35 PM

Where are you located?

If you are close to me I can run everything at your place and pay you $1000 a month.

Are you in a warehouse?  I will need a dedicated 300 amp panel.  I can bring that over as well and all the wiring.  Let me know if you are interested.

67 BFL 60Gh/s singles?Huh??
You Sir, you are my hero!!!!

Tips: 1Ejj8eANy2PLZVwrWUczkbQ8kQY2JhKqp6
dogjunior

Activity: 407
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 02:41:03 PM

Start a GPU farm with 50 7970s. Mine LTC. Good value now from LTC and you don't get the massive difficulty rise as such from BTC.  Setup 10 computers with 5 GPU each.  Your cost for this setup is about $8500. You can mine 30 LTC per day with this setup. Will get you $120 per day.  In 72 days you will have achieved ROI and then everything else is gravy. You can't see this with Asic mining gear.
dogjunior

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 02:44:54 PM

Where are you located?

67 BFL singles is a lot. How many power supplies are you running to provide juice to those babies?
beegatewood

Activity: 297

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 03:08:11 PM

Start a GPU farm with 50 7970s. Mine LTC. Good value now from LTC and you don't get the massive difficulty rise as such from BTC.  Setup 10 computers with 5 GPU each.  Your cost for this setup is about $8500. You can mine 30 LTC per day with this setup. Will get you $120 per day.  In 72 days you will have achieved ROI and then everything else is gravy. You can't see this with Asic mining gear.

FPGA and ASIC for scrypt is in development, I don't know how long until they do mass production, but when they do. Good luck...

skleven

Activity: 281

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 04:43:11 PM

FPGA and ASIC for scrypt is in development, I don't know how long until they do mass production, but when they do. Good luck...

In development means that he would ha made ROI long before anything like that hits the marked. GPU mining alt coins is the best way
to go IMO. Every bit of harware is resellable after the job is done.

But get some R9 280X instead of 7970s. Way cheaper and hash about the same.  Wink
dogjunior

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 10:06:57 PM

FPGA for scrypt is not cost effective. You pay $600 for a FPGA that will mine at 500 KHs. A $200 7970 does 700-800 KHs. ASIC scrypt miners are years away if they will even be developed.
AMAZONBTC (OP)

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

Amazon for BTC

View Profile
November 09, 2013, 11:01:57 PM

I think i will go for the Litecoin mining.
Whats the max GPU's i can have per computer?
Whats the best OS to install on the computers?
Do i need to spend a mouse,keyboard,lcd for each computer? Cant i make some sort of cloud for one computer?

ScryptAsic

Activity: 647
Merit: 501

GainerCoin.com 🔥 Masternode coin 🔥

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2013, 01:32:04 AM

FPGA for scrypt is not cost effective. You pay $600 for a FPGA that will mine at 500 KHs. A $200 7970 does 700-800 KHs. ASIC scrypt miners are years away if they will even be developed.

Yes for now, but not for long.. They are bringing down their price to be cheaper and faster then GPU....
Wipeout2097

Activity: 840

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 04:27:46 AM

I think i will go for the Litecoin mining.
Whats the max GPU's i can have per computer?
Whats the best OS to install on the computers?
Do i need to spend a mouse,keyboard,lcd for each computer? Cant i make some sort of cloud for one computer?
You only need one single mouse, keyboard and monitor for all of them. You don't even need an hard-disk, an usb pen drive with Linux or CraPE (somewhere in this forum) will do. When set up, use a vnc server or remote desktop to login to the machines without needing to connect mouse/kb/monitor

Consider these ATI cards:
7950: 175€ - 200€,   650 Kh/s
6950(used): ~110€, 450 Kh/s
5850(used): ~60€, 400 Kh/s
7990: 520€ , 1200 Kh/s (bad €/Kh ratio, but higher density)

Offtopic: are you from Lisbon ?

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██