Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:59:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Altitude graphic design service.  (Read 4181 times)
qtronix

Activity: 596
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 12:54:33 AM

What version of mspaint do you use?

I use Windows 95 for professional graphics design, and I'm having trouble making my images look as blurry as yours.

lol  Grin
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Altitude (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 01:37:57 AM

Unfortunately, that means you lied to the entire forum and took it upon yourself to con the forum.

A logo or banner is a serious issue as its not just throwing junk at more junk. There are people who trust a Graphic Designer to know what they are doing as a good banner will increase revenue and a bad banner can harm a reputation.

I was being polite before.   Angry

I didnt lie. I havent had  projects done for customers, but i have done small jobs for friends and family. I am only 15 years old, and just wanted to be discovered. instead its just a giant mess.

Altitude,
Simplicity in everything
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 06:53:53 AM

I didnt lie. I havent had  projects done for customers, but i have done small jobs for friends and family. I am only 15 years old, and just wanted to be discovered. instead its just a giant mess.

Don't worry, I'm here to help you.

I made a nice logo for your service:

It features Windows 8 styled minimalist Metro design, and modern typography.
Altitude (OP)

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 07:21:31 PM

Don't worry, I'm here to help you.

I made a nice logo for your service:

It features Windows 8 styled minimalist Metro design, and modern typography.
It looks pretty cool, but the contrast with the green letters on the green background is a little hard to read. Thank you. Could you give me any tips on how to be better at this?

Altitude,
Simplicity in everything
cryptasm
Legendary

Activity: 997
Merit: 1002

Gamdom.com

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2013, 07:53:59 PM

It looks pretty cool, but the contrast with the green letters on the green background is a little hard to read. Thank you. Could you give me any tips on how to be better at this?
There's some good design tips here: http://justcreative.com/

For tutorials you might want to have a look at:
http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2009/03/04/50-stunning-photoshop-text-effect-tutorials/
http://abduzeedo.com/tutorials
Altitude (OP)

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 07:54:23 PM

okay. I am now goign to build free logos for anyone who wants them, and in return could you guys give me some feedback so i can get better? Thanks!

Altitude,
Simplicity in everything
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 08:03:15 PM

This offer will always be open: build a logo that says "Mike's Art Shop"

If it's good, I'll use it, and give a link back to your thread.  If not, I'll explain why it's no good and you can try again.  You should be following all the tutorials you can find so you can improve; once you create something to my standards, consider yourself good enough for paid service.  Send me a PM whenever you're ready.

Good luck Grin

Altitude (OP)

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 12:39:48 AM

Here is version one:

Altitude,
Simplicity in everything
rimbit

Activity: 353
Merit: 250

Rimbit - No mining, just development

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2013, 12:49:57 AM

Obviously didnt take anyones advice and look at tutorials.

@Altitude --- Try cropping your images and respecting some of the people on this forum  Wink

[ANN] Rimbit --- We removed mining so its just the community and coin --- Click Here
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 01:07:48 AM

Here is version one:

There are multiple problems with this design; for one, and this is the biggest problem, it's not attractive; when people see a design, it must draw them into it and make them want to understand the product in question more.  There are many ways to attract a person; one way is through beauty.  So what is beauty?  There is beauty in symmetry; I can find no symmetry in this design, the words "art shop" are small and misaligned with "Mike's", it's not uniform.  The image size itself is also a problem; the whole logo is shifted away from any identifiable center, not to mention all the blank space where the logo doesn't inhabit.  There is beauty in uniformity; neither the top half of the logo or the bottom half of the logo agree; one wants to be outspoken and chaotic, the other wants to refined and pleasant.  However, there is also beauty in compliment; a pairing which opposes each other can often be beautiful, for example, if the bottom half wanted to be the polar opposite of the top half, or perhaps in opposing colors.  These two do not fit well together.  There is beauty in organization; neither the top half or the bottom half want to agree on where they should be placed, and even if they aren't uniform, they should follow some logical reasoning for why they are placed where they are, which I cannot see in this design.  Sometimes designs follow a pattern of shape, or line; sometimes they want to be symbolic.  There's no organization being expressed in this design.

The next problem, which will vary from person to person, is the theme; I tend to work with art that's often quirky and dark, but this logo doesn't bring such qualities out; I would've liked something perhaps in a red/black pattern, maybe a tinge of blue, something with a limited pallet or some kind of pattern that way, in a more refined, square, and "individualistic" typeset; the fonts given here do not say "This is Mike", they seem to say, "This is Altitude"; when creating a design for a person, you must let go of your own image and succumb to the image your client is attempting to portray.  In this case, I can't say this is anywhere close to how my artwork is; I'm seeking something more elegant, but odd; something smooth but unusual; something which might be described as "bohemian".

My advice on where to go from here is to scrap this version entirely, take out a pencil and paper (or just type it somewhere), brainstorm on what you believe my intentions are for this logo and see if you can't come to a conclusion as to how this logo should turn out; give your sense of intuition a workout.  Look up examples on the web for various designs, especially ones which catch your eye; remember, if you don't like what you're making, there's not a lot of hope anyone else will.  You must be your own worst critic before you can ever hope to create something that will appeal to others.

I'll be waiting for your next attempt Grin  Make sure you refer to those tutorials and try your hand at drawing; it'll help, believe me.

Altitude (OP)

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 01:50:48 AM

Well, here goes version 2. I did watch most of those tutorials, the only problem is that they are for photoshop and illustrator, and I use gimp. Those tutorials use tools that are found in photoshop and illustrator, but are not included in gimp, so there is no way to follow them if i cant find the proper tools in gimp for what the tutorials require.

Altitude,
Simplicity in everything
ninjatflex

Activity: 140

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 01:55:40 AM

Get a copy of Photoshop and Illustrator. Legit or otherwise (torrents), if you're serious about Graphic Design you'll need to get them.

lllustrator especially is vector based and should be your first choice for designing a logo. Logo's should be vectored graphics not rastered for infinite scaling without loss of image quality. You should probably abandon gradients in your logo's as well as they display badly if saved in a shitty format (.gif) and has very limited printing options (can't be silkscreened/screenprinted, can't be etched, can't be stitched, foil-blocked, letterpressed, etc). Limits its versatility which should be one of the top goals for a logo. How the image displays at small sizes is also very important.
Altitude (OP)

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 01:59:40 AM

sorry. i forgot to upload the logo.   Embarrassed

Altitude,
Simplicity in everything
ninjatflex

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 02:08:54 AM

I'd stack the words rather than set them like that, and focus on the shape of the logo rather than the texture in order to convey an 'Art shop', which seems to be the angle you're going for.
Altitude (OP)

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 02:39:44 AM

could you explain what you mean by stack them?

Altitude,
Simplicity in everything
ninjatflex

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 02:42:58 AM

Mike's
Art
Shop

or

Mike's
Art Shop

as opposed to

Mike's Art Shop

'Stack' probably wasn't the best way to describe it. You'd want to centrally align the words as well rather than having them aligned left.
rimbit

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2013, 04:33:49 AM
Last edit: November 11, 2013, 04:47:21 AM by rimbit

sorry. i forgot to upload the logo.   Embarrassed

Understand what Mikes Art shop is.... One thing it is not is a rusty old steel mill that is cracked and dead.

I hope a mod comes in and removes this from services...
It belongs in another forum... Perhaps some graphics website, but definitely not here...

Take your puppet bitcoinspot.nl with you  Undecided

You really undermine people that have worked hard to develop their skills. You have none and I gave you the benefit of the doubt before... Never again (prove me wrong)

[ANN] Rimbit --- We removed mining so its just the community and coin --- Click Here
Altitude (OP)

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 01:11:07 PM

It is not rusty. Actually, If you look closely at the deisgn, it uses a lava texture, and contains the reds and blacks. It also has a gothic or bohemian, just like mike wanted.

Altitude,
Simplicity in everything
rimbit

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2013, 01:56:13 PM
Last edit: November 11, 2013, 02:07:23 PM by rimbit

Here is a wallpaper i did for myself, which I submitted to a steampunk website many years ago.
The clock is from a photo of an old train station tower clock in some baltic country.
I couldnt find a good leather background, so I made it from scratch using floral swirls and cracks (you can see them if you look close enough)

First I did the center logo which took 2 days to get it right, then I experimented with the BG and that took a few hours before I was satisfied with it.

I wanted the centre peice to look pushed into the leather, so I did some research to see what that would look like, then I created the effect.

The logo has been used in a steam punk play as a backdrop and it was also used as the pamphlet. Really proud of that Smiley
I also owned www.customsteampunk.com (long gone now)

@Altitude... I doubt you spend more than 5 minutes on your work...

Altitude (OP)

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 02:32:15 PM

I actually spent 2 hours on version 1 yesterday, then again i was using gimp. I have photoshop now, so I will have access to more powerful tools.

Altitude,
Simplicity in everything
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: