Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:25:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: new asic block erupter cube spotted  (Read 8387 times)
thundertoe (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 02:43:56 AM

Information thus far is as follows:

30Gh/s Guaranteed
Overclock-able to 38 Gh/s

Ships approximately November 14th, 2013

More information coming soon!

http://www.wtcr.ca/catalog/product/bm-ambec-01

looks pretty cool

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
huryde

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2013, 06:09:21 AM

Aside from the link what are the details? Is it just a cubed hub with many BE hooked up to it?

Tomintx

Activity: 69

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 06:59:17 AM

30Gh/s Guaranteed

looks pretty cool
If it costs more than $87, you'll never get your money back.
renaxi

Activity: 113

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 07:00:00 AM

Link is not working for me.

HellDiverUK

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 08:13:42 AM

This is rubbish due to one variable - BTC price. 

Why can't people get that fact in to their thick heads?
MelodyRowell

Activity: 394
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 09:05:05 AM

30Gh/s Guaranteed

http://www.wtcr.ca/catalog/product/bm-ambec-01

looks pretty cool

Not worth the price... end of story Smiley
reactor

Activity: 420

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 11:13:41 AM

Why can't people get that fact in to their thick heads?

Then let's run the numbers. Smiley

Right now we have an estimate this will be available to ship November 14th, this assumes it is in the hands on resellers/"group buy" organizers, etc.  With lead time like that and no apparent details I'll safely assume you're looking more at the end of November to have this in-hand.  If so, at the current price of 1.99BTC the value of this for someone who doesn't have BTC and wants to buy one is ~$480 as of market conditions this morning.  

If you start with USD, your only hope is that this sucker produces as expected by any traditional calculator and that BTC goes up by at least another 30% or more to make it ROI per the fiat originally used for the purchase.  Alternatively, buy the 1.99BTC and hold since the unit will never produce that much BTC before you're paying more in power than the unit is producing, at which case, still, buying would get you 1.99BTC today and you don't have to get involved in that waiting/speculation game.

If you start with BTC, you are doing the old "Here's 1.99BTC, hopefully I'll get back 1.5BTC of that!".  In that case, if you have BTC it is better to hold the BTC, otherwise you're basically donating to FriendCat and whichever reseller you're purchasing from.

That's what people need to get through their thick heads.
JCviggen

Activity: 1260
Merit: 505

Age Of Mars | GameFI Virtual colonization of Mars

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 11:35:10 AM

This is why ASIC companies are still so successful at selling devices with a negative ROI.

BTC can go to a bazillion for all it matters, that doesn't mean it is a good idea to spend 1 BTC worth of fiat on a device that will return you an estimated 0.7 BTC. If you need BTC appreciation to break even on a miner you would make more money by not mining but buying the bloody BTC.

I've never seen so many people get stuck in an apparent paradox. It's Monty Hall all over again.

Age Of Mars | GameFI Virtual colonization of Mars
sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 1842

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 03:36:43 PM

But for some of us, mining is a lot more fun and the money not returned pays for lots and lots of entertainment. I'm considering getting a cube just to see what I can do with, and more specifically to, it to get it running better.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
thundertoe (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 03:57:20 PM

one good shot of a semi decent alt coin mined early or at low diff  can really make roi  reachable. Theres a flood of sha-alts some will do decent i expect. Its a gamble but the payoff can be huge.

Im partial to TEKcoin because its my project and i know whats in store for it from my end, also the pub support is growing daily and is gathering devs from out of the blue throwing their talents at TEK.
davewr2013

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Bitcoin For All

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 05:13:19 PM

I had a look at this box...

Assuming a BTC of 2 (coins) cost (say $450 USD or CDN) and a 30% jump per period and they don't deliver for one more difficulty jump period (Say November 15th delivery +- a bit) and BTC goes up 5% per jump etc....

Current jump == 510 / 390 ~ 1.30 or 30% jump ....

http://btcinvest.net/en/bitcoin-mining-profit-calculator.php?diff=390928787.63809&dcosts=450&diff_mincrease=30&blpbtc=25&dhsmhs=38000&diff_mincreasedecrease=0.1&btcusd=230&dpowcon=120&btcusd_mincrease=5&pcost=0.15&calcweeks=40&dleadtime=1&action=calc#

Then maybe on about March 17th 2014 you could get your money back...

Lots of assumptions of mining profitability (BTC value) going up -- but maybe -- jut maybe... or maybe not.

Cheers

Give me this day my daily Bitcoin...
Tomintx

Activity: 69

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 08:53:31 PM

But for some of us, mining is a lot more fun and the money not returned pays for lots and lots of entertainment.
Would you like someone to write up a piece of code that does nothing more than update the screen with fictitious mining data?  You tell it how fast you want to "mine," and it will simulate that screen on your PC.  If that is entertainment for you, I'm sure someone could even put together an Android or iOS version of this same app.  You could watch the numbers pile up on your fictitious mining rig even while you're away from home. 

Without spending anything at all!
glendall
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1018

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 09:53:32 PM
Last edit: November 05, 2013, 10:18:06 PM by glendall

I had a look at this box...

Assuming a BTC of 2 (coins) cost (say $450 USD or CDN) and a 30% jump per period and they don't deliver for one more difficulty jump period (Say November 15th delivery +- a bit) and BTC goes up 5% per jump etc....

Current jump == 510 / 390 ~ 1.30 or 30% jump ....

http://btcinvest.net/en/bitcoin-mining-profit-calculator.php?diff=390928787.63809&dcosts=450&diff_mincrease=30&blpbtc=25&dhsmhs=38000&diff_mincreasedecrease=0.1&btcusd=230&dpowcon=120&btcusd_mincrease=5&pcost=0.15&calcweeks=40&dleadtime=1&action=calc#

Then maybe on about March 17th 2014 you could get your money back...

Lots of assumptions of mining profitability (BTC value) going up -- but maybe -- jut maybe... or maybe not.

Cheers

Ya thinking of getting one....certainly a gamble....was wondering though, does anyone have a guess on the power draw of the cube? Is 120W a reasonable assumption?

edit: found my own answer, it is estimated to be 120w

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Zammo

Activity: 152

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 10:12:17 PM

Would like to see a picture of what a cube looks like.

Maybe with the increase in value of BTC, these cubes maybe sold for less than currently advertised by the time they are ready to be sold.
aynstein

Activity: 128

Fortune favors the bold, and sometimes the bald.

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 06:51:32 AM

Was I the only person to go to that sight and have my spidey sense go off like an epileptic in an iMax Anime theater? Admitedly anything that says preorder these days feels dirtier somehow (with a few exceptions i.e. trezor). This was just my gut reaction but I thought these guys might be after identities.

As far as mining vs buying there is more to it then simply I have 10 btc I can make 9 btc if I spend it. Tax incentives for one, you can write off the cost of the miner, which is nice. Mining has many benefits, Sure there's risk, but the act of mining actually helps support the value of bitcoin (no miners = bad, or so the rumor goes). If you don't understand the enjoyment in taking part of something like a decentralized crypto-based currency then why are you mining? People who discourage mining are missing the basic point of bitcoin, if we don't participate all of our investment, hardware or btc becomes worthless. I would agree with the btc-roi when looking at cloud mining however, as that just seems like adding additional risk onto investing in bitcoin (hardware failure\company failure etc).

Or maybe bfl\other asic manufacturers world domination will be a healthy thing for the block chain.

If they are after id's here is one for free
Jerry Bergshireski
112 4th Street
Beverly Hills California, 90210
ss - 122 32 6496
dob 03/06/66
(this is a made up identity used for humor, any similarity to jerry bingham at 111 4th st in BeverlyHills is purely accidental)

AltaVista 4 Life!
JimiQ84

Activity: 406

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 08:21:24 AM

Would like to see a picture of what a cube looks like.

Maybe with the increase in value of BTC, these cubes maybe sold for less than currently advertised by the time they are ready to be sold.

attached few cube photos
https://i.imgur.com/PuYvYQWl.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/UgoUerNl.jpg

price show around as 1.68/1.78

so, I guess cube will be gen1 chips underclocked to gain better efficiency (IIRC it was presented as 120W per 38GH/s cube?, so better efficiency than BFL 65nm stuff) and better hash density, hence smaller machine than equivalent hashrate from blades

prototypes had arrived yesterday, yes 130nm gen1, from what I saw it was 300-360W for power consumption
old customers get 10G blade for extra 0.1BTC

Paladin69

Activity: 784

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 08:26:56 AM

Why do people suck on friedcat's nuts so much?  You know he will price these things just out of your reach like he did with blades and usb sticks.

He would rather keep them and mine for himself than give them away for too low of a price.  At least when I was selling my BFL's I was nice to people helping them try to ROI and resell for themselves.
Zammo

Activity: 152

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 01:47:45 PM

Why do people suck on friedcat's nuts so much?  You know he will price these things just out of your reach like he did with blades and usb sticks.

He would rather keep them and mine for himself than give them away for too low of a price.  At least when I was selling my BFL's I was nice to people helping them try to ROI and resell for themselves.

Bitter much?
viriat0

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 01:54:09 PM

30gh/S 1.99BTC  Huh Huh Huh

Overpriced!! jesus!

reactor

Activity: 420

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 03:31:34 PM

Bitter much?

Being honest much I would say.  People talk about AM like the greatest thing since sliced bread, however their products have always been priced over a reasonable ROI and quite frankly they aren't really bringing much to the table. 

Waiting to see the next offer of overpriced equipment from AM/custom BitFury/etc.  Otherwise the cube, as-advertised above, is a joke.  30GH is basically meaningless in this market.  Quite frankly, what we really need is a shipping vendor who charges USD/fiat for hardware so people can make reasonable calculations about the price versus BTC-price insanity to see if they feel the investment is worth the return.  Charging 2BTC for something that mathematically will never produce 2BTC (not to mention power costs, which are fiat) is just stupid and anyone who buys one is... Wink
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: