Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:15:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Things like this do not help BTC  (Read 164 times)
Enki369 (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 03:08:18 PM

500,000 people listened to this in the past few days

https://youtu.be/6q5mUNEEn2c

He has some valid points but I it is what BTC is up against!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Enki369 (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 03:12:10 PM

Can the lightening network solve the problems?
ManaMan

Activity: 238
Merit: 38

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 03:27:13 PM

If you look at his channel, it seems as very successful one where basically every his video gets lots of views, which comes to my mind that some people simply listened without having interest in the first place. He just point out how "bad" mining is, and problems with stability - their are simply facts and they are true. Things will change as we get more exposure. He obviously is trying to sell the course at end and all of this is just introduction into buying - spent 10mins of my day for nothing Cheesy
Enki369 (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 03:30:18 PM

If you look at his channel, it seems as very successful one where basically every his video gets lots of views, which comes to my mind that some people simply listened without having interest in the first place. He just point out how "bad" mining is, and problems with stability - their are simply facts and they are true. Things will change as we get more exposure. He obviously is trying to sell the course at end and all of this is just introduction into buying - spent 10mins of my day for nothing Cheesy

I am not happy about the video and when I saw that over half a million had viewed it I was not happy.
jesika

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 02:04:51 AM

Thanks for the link. Helped me a lot to learn about different facts
PauloLuks

Activity: 223
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 02:49:49 AM

The video is nice. And it mentions some problems related to bitcoin. But he didn't mention the advantages of bitcoin. Which are still many. Why talk about the negatives without mentioning their advantages!? It doesn't make any sense to me. Bitcoin has been up and running for 9 years. And there are over 2000 other currencies running as well. A lot of information is missing. And as i already said, many people believe that the problems that Bitcoin faces are permanent. And that is just in my opinion a misinterpretation.
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 03:33:36 AM

Well I can tell you one thing for sure -- the creator of the video certainly doesn't want to help Bitcoin.

But yeah, you have to let people air out their opinions, or farm their youtube views, or whatever. Anything less than that is censorship, which Bitcoin has come to stand against. Bitcoin is obviously divisive, but you can't just make critics shut up or simply roll over; that sort of bullshit is for oppressive governments. That being said, we should also call them out for their misinformation if there are any, and dispel any FUD.

The video is nice. And it mentions some problems related to bitcoin. But he didn't mention the advantages of bitcoin. Which are still many. Why talk about the negatives without mentioning their advantages!? It doesn't make any sense to me. Bitcoin has been up and running for 9 years. And there are over 2000 other currencies running as well. A lot of information is missing. And as i already said, many people believe that the problems that Bitcoin faces are permanent. And that is just in my opinion a misinterpretation.

Well to be fair, the video is about reasons why Bitcoin isn't working. It's completely one-sided from the get-go, so you really shouldn't be expecting anything else.

logicgate

Activity: 994
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 08:39:22 PM

Well I can tell you one thing for sure -- the creator of the video certainly doesn't want to help Bitcoin.

But yeah, you have to let people air out their opinions, or farm their youtube views, or whatever. Anything less than that is censorship, which Bitcoin has come to stand against. Bitcoin is obviously divisive, but you can't just make critics shut up or simply roll over; that sort of bullshit is for oppressive governments. That being said, we should also call them out for their misinformation if there are any, and dispel any FUD.

Well to be fair, the video is about reasons why Bitcoin isn't working. It's completely one-sided from the get-go, so you really shouldn't be expecting anything else.
Just saw the video talking about the risks of Bitcoin. Huge returns have also been gained by many people. See every business has the risk factor right! But it does not mean you simply stop investing. I totally agree. Bitcoin has lots of advantages as well for example it gives you the freedom of payment. You would not worry about crossing borders. The information is transparent by which I mean to say all finalized transactions are there and every one can see it. Transactions can be verified in the Bkockchain. There is either very low fee or no fee in the Bitcoin payment and much more. The video just talks about one side of the coin.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: