Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:24:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Did this forum turn uberbullish?
Yes, will collapse any time now. - 14 (10.4%)
You ain't seen nothing yet, this party is just getting started! - 93 (68.9%)
The forum yes, me lonely bear Sad - 6 (4.4%)
Stop whining already! Just join the joyriiiiiiiiide... <insert Roxette> - 22 (16.3%)
Total Voters: 135

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Did this forum turn uberbullish?  (Read 2557 times)
RationalSpeculator (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

This bull will try to shake you off. Hold tight!

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 04:51:11 AM
Last edit: November 05, 2013, 05:32:42 PM by RationalSpeculator

Grin rhetorical question, but you may vote for confirmation Wink

Just taking the first 10 topics:
Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion
Major flaw of Bitcoin found  
200 USD, the new support?  
Bitpay just processed its first 1,000,000 USD order, Dump incoming?
BTCChina overtook Mtgox as the leader in volume
BTC at $205? Should I buy into a rally?
Parity watch -> El Salvador
What will be the high (USD) from now until the end of the year?
Zerohedge story on EBay and Bitcoin  
Professional Traders - Do you find speculating easier in cryptocurrencies?  
Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.

My opinion, it feels like April again, price going up every single day by $10.

But I think the difference with april is it's 6 months further now, a lot more users now, we are also used to $200 and from the topics quoted there is more concern than euphoria. My guess is we will go a lot higher to $300/$400, crash back to $200 by the end of the year.

Fact: it certainly is not 2011! Bitcoin is acting strong! Litecoin feels more like 2011.
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Zangelbert Bingledack
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 05:06:33 AM

Most of those threads are either neutral, perennial, negative, or threads that always get bumped when the price starts to rise. Or were you talking about the content of the threads rather than the titles?

EDIT: Oh, you agree. I guess I'm confused what you're saying. To me the fact that the price is rising like this and sentiment is not bubbly at all is hugely bullish-seeming.
gizmoh
Legendary

Activity: 1428

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 06:42:42 AM

Since this vote is wining: You ain't seen nothing yet, this party is just getting started!
One can deduct all traders have gone long, time to short!

How Ripple Rips you: "The founders of Ripple Labs created 100 billion XRP at Ripple's inception. No more can be created according to the rules of the Ripple protocol. Of the 100 billion created, 20 billion XRP were retained by the creators, seeders, venture capital companies and other founders. The remaining 80 billion were given to Ripple Labs. Ripple Labs intends to distribute and sell 55 of that 80 billion XRP to users and strategic partners. Ripple Labs also had a giveaway of under 200 million XRP (0.002% of all XRP) via World Community Grid that was later discontinued.[29] Ripple Labs will retain the remaining 25 billion"
MelodyRowell

Activity: 394
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 08:49:06 AM

It feels like its going to crash any time... hm....
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 08:50:08 AM

Party just getting started...

It feels like the last week of February in my view.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 12:41:24 PM

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
LOADING.READY.RUN

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 12:45:25 PM

@sgbett and again, a process that follows an exponential growth must be plotted logarithmically to appear properly. And this definitely applies to BTC.
mp420

Activity: 501
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 12:55:18 PM

I'm almost certain we'll see double digits before 2016 and single digits are a possibility.
davidgdg

Activity: 551
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 01:13:04 PM

I'm almost certain we'll see double digits before 2016 and single digits are a possibility.

Reasoning?

"There is only one thing that is seriously morally wrong with the world, and that is politics. By 'politics' I mean all that, and only what, involves the State." Jan Lester "Escape from Leviathan"
tutkarz

Activity: 546

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 01:19:32 PM

Reasoning?

trolling

zeroday
Donator

Activity: 784

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 01:24:38 PM

I can buy all your bicoins now to save you from such a disaster.
mccorvic

Activity: 518

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 01:30:56 PM

If I were a Red Socks fan I wouldn't be posting on a Red Socks forum asking if everyone here seemed to be uberexcited about the Red Socks right now.

I'm just saying.

Offering Video/Audio Editing Services since 2011 - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=77932.0
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 01:39:10 PM

well we are constantly rising, that seems like a bull market, so we should be bullish!
At $248, we are closing in on the ATH, if you can't be überbullish now, when can you?
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 01:42:23 PM

well we are constantly rising, that seems like a bull market, so we should be bullish!
At $248, we are closing in on the ATH, if you can't be überbullish now, when can you?

When it was at $60? When there is more room to increase you should be more bullish in general.
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 01:45:39 PM

When it was at $60? When there is more room to increase you should be more bullish in general.
I sold everything at 60. Just for the record. And the luz.
1 day later, the rally that brought us to 200+ started. And i sold the day before. FTW!

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
barbs

Activity: 854

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 01:47:53 PM

1 day later, the rally that brought us to 200+ started. And i sold the day before. FTW!

Ouch, well I sold in July and bought back in October. Do the math. I'm sure lots of fools on this forum that listened to people posting.

Arguably the same could be said for BUY BUY BUY as SELL SELL SELL
mp420

Activity: 501

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 01:53:53 PM

Reasoning?

There's no virtually no demand except speculative demand (buying BTC on the belief they'll be worth more in the future), the technology is immature and the economy is practically nonexistent. Actual use (number of daily transactions) hasn't grown nearly in proportion to the rise in price. There's a lot of wishful thinking going around in the forum.

I'm not buying at these prices. Not selling either. I sold a portion of my coins in April for $192/BTC, and I do not regret that decision.
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 01:59:57 PM

Reasoning?

There's no virtually no demand except speculative demand (buying BTC on the belief they'll be worth more in the future), the technology is immature and the economy is practically nonexistent. Actual use (number of daily transactions) hasn't grown nearly in proportion to the rise in price. There's a lot of wishful thinking going around in the forum.

I'm not buying at these prices. Not selling either. I sold a portion of my coins in April for $192/BTC, and I do not regret that decision.
If we reach really high numbers the speculation possibilities goes down, and so do the btc price. I agree with you.
But many will use btc for the real economy there is behind it and as a store of value, so i don't see it collapsing.

In short, btc will always go up, on a logarithmic scale. What happens on the short period doesn't really matter.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 02:01:39 PM

Ouch, well I sold in July and bought back in October. Do the math. I'm sure lots of fools on this forum that listened to people posting.

Arguably the same could be said for BUY BUY BUY as SELL SELL SELL

HOLD HOLD HOLD
davidgdg

Activity: 551

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 02:30:07 PM

Reasoning?

I agree with your premises. Demand is speculative, technology is immature, underlying economy is small and transactional growth is linear. But the potential is so huge that it is hard to see even a 3bn US$ market cap as excessive. There must be literally hundreds of medium-large sized technology companies that are bigger than that, most of which have nothing like the potential of Bitcoin. I too feel slightly uncomfortable with this week's surge and doubtless it will crash just like in April. But even after this crash (and the next one and the one after that) I can't see any show-stoppers for this amazing innovation.

"There is only one thing that is seriously morally wrong with the world, and that is politics. By 'politics' I mean all that, and only what, involves the State." Jan Lester "Escape from Leviathan"
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: