Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:34:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CSS errors in forum  (Read 822 times)
afrustrum (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 07:36:41 PM

Can anyone suggest why the forum displays incorrectly for me in Firefox 25, compared to Opera?

Under Firefox, the navigation bar is invisible (white text on white): "Home         Help    Search    Donate    Profile    My Messages    Members    Logout". I think these are associated with the classes named "maintab_active...".

I've disabled most of my addons and extensions I usually use, but the problem remains, see: http://imgur.com/j25AcSC

Firefox's Web Developer's Web Console lists several errors but I am unable to determine if they are relevant (almost all websites have errors these days).

In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MiningBuddy

Activity: 927
Merit: 1000

฿itcoin ฿itcoin ฿itcoin

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 07:42:21 PM

Mine's fine  Undecided
Can you list the addons you use?

Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 07:50:32 PM

Have you tried CTRL+F5 ?
afrustrum (OP)

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 08:22:00 PM

> Can you list the addons you use?

I've just re-enabled all of them after I tested with all addons disabled:

Firebug 1.12.4

Firegloves 1.2.3

Ghostery 5.0.4

QuickJava 2.0.2

Self-Destructing Cookies 0.4.1

Tab Permissions 13.01.01.01

Toggle Proxy 1.8 <-- this one I keep enabled but I always keep it at No Proxy.

Greasmonkey 1.12 <-- I keep this always enabled, but I have no scripts enabled for this forum

Session Manager 0.8.0.8<-- I keep this enabled the whole time

And the only plugin I enable is Shockwave Flash, which I try to disable via QuickJava on all sites except YouTube.

I suspect one or more of these has messed up something persistent in Firefox, so I'll next try a separate vanilla Firefox install.

Also, ctrl-F5 just reloads the page with no difference, as do ctrl-R and ctrl-Shift-R.
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5194
Merit: 12974

View Profile
November 02, 2013, 09:01:11 PM

Yeah, I think that one of your extensions is messing with the forum's CSS somehow.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
afrustrum (OP)

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 01:12:05 AM

Yeah, I think that one of your extensions is messing with the forum's CSS somehow.
I may have isolated the Ghostery extension as one cause.

I created a completely new Firefox profile and re-installed each extension, testing several websites after each one.
Everything was fine until I installed Ghostery, when the images behind this forum's navigation tabs disappeared.
This happened even before I enabled Ghostery's blocking (by default it should block nothing), just installing is enough to mess up the page.
A pity, as I really liked Ghostery's blocking of all the tracking and spyware that's on almost every webpage these days.

I also discovered several extensions have no clean uninstall in Firefox and they leave a mess of configuration settings behind.

Thanks for all the feedback though, I'll keep this Ghostery-less profile only for trusted websites and continue testing in another profile.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
November 03, 2013, 03:17:54 AM

I may have isolated the Ghostery extension as one cause.

I created a completely new Firefox profile and re-installed each extension, testing several websites after each one.
Everything was fine until I installed Ghostery, when the images behind this forum's navigation tabs disappeared.
This happened even before I enabled Ghostery's blocking (by default it should block nothing), just installing is enough to mess up the page.
A pity, as I really liked Ghostery's blocking of all the tracking and spyware that's on almost every webpage these days.

I also discovered several extensions have no clean uninstall in Firefox and they leave a mess of configuration settings behind.

Thanks for all the feedback though, I'll keep this Ghostery-less profile only for trusted websites and continue testing in another profile.

I use Ghostery on FF and I don't see what you describe.
afrustrum (OP)

View Profile
November 04, 2013, 02:16:56 PM

I use Ghostery on FF and I don't see what you describe.

I no longer think it's Ghostery because there's no problem when I install Ghostery on a new Firefox profile, even after several other extensions.

Whatever the cause was - and I looked long and hard at all the config settings changed in prefs.js -, it was isolated to the Firefox profile I was using, the only fix that worked was Firefox - Help - Troubleshooting - reset Firefox. That removed all extensions, reset plugins to default, but did keep my bookmarks.

So, I now do not believe the forum website nor Ghostery (nor several other extensions) was the cause, so may I suggest to the mods to mark this thread as closed?
whiskers75

Activity: 658
Merit: 502

Doesn't use these forums that often.

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 04:52:45 PM

You can lock your own threads.

Elastic.pw Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: