Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:01:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🔥🔥🔥 [ANN][ICO] BITFENCE - REMOVE HACKERS FROM YOUR NETWORK  (Read 29989 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Darkoth89

Activity: 1274
Merit: 646

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 07:38:27 AM

People seem to forget that hackers aren’t exactly easy to catch just because an ip is a source of an attack doesn’t mean that’s the attacker it could just be an insecure network being used to relay an attackers actions that’s why most smalltime hacks don’t get prosecuted it’s better to stop it be trying to rigure out the true source

I think the proactive approach with this one is what is most interesting. Since the honey pot would actively attract and analyze hacking attempts almost instantly and distribute to the rest of the network you are basically protecting before the attack happens.

Also a more experienced hacker will know what a honeypot is and how it works. And can in turn use it against the miners. How can bitfence prevent this ?

That's exactly what their lead team member said in the video interview, that they know IP's can be comprimised which is why each hackers fingerprint will be unique, and not include IP and machine name etc.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jamzzz123

Activity: 350
Merit: 16

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 07:57:27 AM

People seem to forget that hackers aren’t exactly easy to catch just because an ip is a source of an attack doesn’t mean that’s the attacker it could just be an insecure network being used to relay an attackers actions that’s why most smalltime hacks don’t get prosecuted it’s better to stop it be trying to rigure out the true source

I think the proactive approach with this one is what is most interesting. Since the honey pot would actively attract and analyze hacking attempts almost instantly and distribute to the rest of the network you are basically protecting before the attack happens.

Also a more experienced hacker will know what a honeypot is and how it works. And can in turn use it against the miners. How can bitfence prevent this ?

That's exactly what their lead team member said in the video interview, that they know IP's can be comprimised which is why each hackers fingerprint will be unique, and not include IP and machine name etc.

So the miner will identify the hacker via fingerprint rather than IP address/ hostname? That way, it doesn't matter what IP address they are on as we all know - often they are hiding behind a VPN
iphy6013

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 08:08:15 AM

Apart from the fact that one gets paid to lure hackers, the feeling of being part of something important give one a nice feeling and the believe that you're helping to make the internet  safer has a nice ring to it.

Was just thinking, how will it really feel in reality? I mean if just the thought of it alone makes one feel nice about, how will the act of literally nabbing a hacker feel like?? #FBI_feeling y'all Grin

Do you physically get s hacker? No, you just have the ability of detecting and preventing a hacker from gaining access to a network.

Of course you don't physically get the hackers, by "literally nabbing a hacker" I meant the feeling of being paid and knowing you just reduced the numbers of hackers in the world by one. I mean then it won't just be a statement any more but an act.

Lmao physically getting a hacker.. But yeah, mining rewards from capturing hackers fingerprints is going to be a great feeling.

Knowing that you have made the internet a safer place to be at through the sake of mining using a small little device such as a raspberry pi - not only that but you will be getting rewarded in HNY tokens - which in my opinion will go up in value with the success of this project

Yeah man I'm really hoping this project takes off, I've invested in the token sale and I will be buying a RPI or BeagleBoard so I can 'mine' $HNY because it will definitely increase in the future.

Likewise, you can get like the new Model 3 Pi for something like £30, so even if it's just an experiment to see how the StingMiner goes, I think it'll be 100% worth every penny of that £30 lol

Definitely, even if you only get your ROI back its still a worthwhile experiment! Also I've wanted an Pi for a long time so this is a good excuse to get one lol.

Haha, I think I'll get one for myself as well I don't think they'll be any short comings I believe in this project, regardless £30 isn't much I don't mind if things doesn't go as planned.
ctrades31

Activity: 392

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2018, 10:47:10 AM

What I can see on Bitfence homepage? "STINGMINER LAUNCH IN: 32 days". They raised their require funds (2000 ETH Goals)? Anyone have any information about it? How much amount they raised yet?
What happened their 2000 ETH goals in stage -1? I thought they have stage 2 also. But don't know why they changed suddenly here? Stingminer launching plan was in Q3 or Q4?

Nothing wrong with them bringing it forward! The crowdsale was meant to end in July though, so not sure what's happened there

Stingminer launch is after 32 days, mean 1st week of July. So may be they will launch stingminer and simultaneously keep the crowd sale going? After seeing the successful launch of products, may be more and more people will join token sale.

I guess so too, it's a marketing strategy, a working product means project plan is solid, I agree with the wisdom behind the move

I agree. It's nice strategy. I can see token sale is not going fast. And I was expecting some different approach from BitFence team. It's good they decided to launch product during ICO
Yeah it will give the ico a good boost because if they have a working product they are already making a lot of profit.

It will certainly help within 30 days when they release the stingminer - this will get alot more people interested when it's released, I'm sure many people will be interested to download it and see how it works

Huh guys. This is one is really great. They will launch the stingminer just like they told us in the roadmap. So they completed the sales now do they ?

I am not sure about the completion if sales and i think it was paused for kyc implementation from the bitfence team at least we now have to worry about stingminer release in 30 days.

yes, i have read a statement that the sale is paused for implementation of KYC.
this is the second project that i know, where a KYC is implemented in the middle of sale. Interestingly enough, this happened at exactly the same time as the ETH course went far down
but maybe that's just coincidence
But that dev has confirmed it sale is paused for KYC implementation? I mean I never seen anyone news/updates from Bitfence admin about KYC implementation. Or might be I missed that.
Anilbg

Activity: 406
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2018, 10:49:08 AM

So the miner will identify the hacker via fingerprint rather than IP address/ hostname? That way, it doesn't matter what IP address they are on as we all know - often they are hiding behind a VPN

Wow, thanks for the explanation/ good discussion guys. Initially I also thought honeypot concept will not last longer, but it seems BitFence team have done deep study and have solutions to the problems.
cointrader78

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 11:23:21 AM

As of now there is no info. The patent is secured however. We will see if we can get more information regarding this in the future.
Ace44

Activity: 672
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 11:33:27 AM

As cryptocurrency growth at this exponential rate, i think the security will become more relevant in this space. Happy to see bitfence is making contribution to crypto space and make the ecosystem more resist to hacker.

You're absolutely right, that simply means an increase in the market value of the project with every new entry that is made in the crypto world will lead to a potential increase in the value of the token and is not just the cryptosphere that this is applicable but the traditional means too, so the project has a huge market base, its relevance will keep growing
RyCriptoC

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 11:48:50 AM

As cryptocurrency growth at this exponential rate, i think the security will become more relevant in this space. Happy to see bitfence is making contribution to crypto space and make the ecosystem more resist to hacker.

You're absolutely right, that simply means an increase in the market value of the project with every new entry that is made in the crypto world will lead to a potential increase in the value of the token and is not just the cryptosphere that this is applicable but the traditional means too, so the project has a huge market base, its relevance will keep growing

I agree with you Mate. Cryptocurrency market is clos to $500B+ I think. This means lots of hackers will be active and trying to steal the data/wallet. That's why I think BitFence products will be in demand.
jamzzz123

Activity: 350
Merit: 16

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 12:13:57 PM

I agree with you Mate. Cryptocurrency market is clos to $500B+ I think. This means lots of hackers will be active and trying to steal the data/wallet. That's why I think BitFence products will be in demand.

If only it was at $500B+ !!! It has been consolidating around $300billion currently at $330billion. Also BitFence is targeting securing at multiple levels - mainly targeting securing business' rather than Cryptocurrency wallets.
nesh1

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 12:20:50 PM

Hackers will try to steal more than only wallets but still Bitfence can help prevent that and that is why it will be in demand by everyone not only the crypto world.
faulerwilli

Activity: 952
Merit: 140

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 12:52:55 PM

What I can see on Bitfence homepage? "STINGMINER LAUNCH IN: 32 days". They raised their require funds (2000 ETH Goals)? Anyone have any information about it? How much amount they raised yet?
What happened their 2000 ETH goals in stage -1? I thought they have stage 2 also. But don't know why they changed suddenly here? Stingminer launching plan was in Q3 or Q4?

Nothing wrong with them bringing it forward! The crowdsale was meant to end in July though, so not sure what's happened there

Stingminer launch is after 32 days, mean 1st week of July. So may be they will launch stingminer and simultaneously keep the crowd sale going? After seeing the successful launch of products, may be more and more people will join token sale.

I guess so too, it's a marketing strategy, a working product means project plan is solid, I agree with the wisdom behind the move

I agree. It's nice strategy. I can see token sale is not going fast. And I was expecting some different approach from BitFence team. It's good they decided to launch product during ICO
Yeah it will give the ico a good boost because if they have a working product they are already making a lot of profit.

It will certainly help within 30 days when they release the stingminer - this will get alot more people interested when it's released, I'm sure many people will be interested to download it and see how it works

Huh guys. This is one is really great. They will launch the stingminer just like they told us in the roadmap. So they completed the sales now do they ?

I am not sure about the completion if sales and i think it was paused for kyc implementation from the bitfence team at least we now have to worry about stingminer release in 30 days.

this is the second project that i know, where a KYC is implemented in the middle of sale. Interestingly enough, this happened at exactly the same time as the ETH course went far down
But that dev has confirmed it sale is paused for KYC implementation? I mean I never seen anyone news/updates from Bitfence admin about KYC implementation. Or might be I missed that.

If you look at their homepage https://bitfence.io/ then you see the announcement of bitfence directly below the countdown to the stingminer launch
Sale continues when kyc is implemented and tested
ethtrader16
Copper Member

Activity: 658

Empowering crypto w/ sustainable energy

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2018, 01:44:32 PM

If you look at their homepage https://bitfence.io/ then you see the announcement of bitfence directly below the countdown to the stingminer launch
KYC is must for ICO. It will secure your account/wallet. I guess everyone have to wait until their next announcement and should not spread wrong messages about sale.
MountainConqueror

Activity: 93
Merit: 1

Mountains is my passion

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 01:56:42 PM

This team has a great idea in crypto world. I see its potential. Keep up the good work team and ensure that security system is working fine. thats all I will support this coin for the better future.

We will involve community members in extensive testing of the platform. Thank you!

You mean the community members will try to hack your demo platform for testing?
ibininja

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 02:41:55 PM

If only it was at $500B+ !!! It has been consolidating around $300billion currently at $330billion. Also BitFence is targeting securing at multiple levels - mainly targeting securing business' rather than Cryptocurrency wallets.

I am honestly interested in trying out the honeypot and see how much returns that would have. I know mining Eth for example is not as profitable as it used to be so I hope this would be better Tongue

gee777

Activity: 728

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2018, 03:11:06 PM

KYC is must for ICO. It will secure your account/wallet. I guess everyone have to wait until their next announcement and should not spread wrong messages about sale.

I just hope they will be able to implement kyc faster and come back to continue their ico. Taking long may take the excitement out of the ico.
Nathan01

DocTailor IEO on Zloadr

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2018, 03:31:39 PM

Yeah true, it's a fact being stated cause even if they are caught they could as well destroy the source and deny the act, I wish a secret camera capture can be put in place aside tracking of IP

( M P C X )  Revolution
▬▬ • • •  [url=http://www.doctailor.com/]DOCTailor  ✂️  Unique self-customizing smart legal contract platform[/url]  • • • ▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬   [url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2893424.0]ANN[/url]  [url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2887286.msg29675034#msg29675034]Bounty[/url]  [url=http://www.doctailor.com/whitepaper-en.pdf]Whitepaper[/url]  ▬▬  [url=https://join.slack.com/t/doctailor/shared_invite/enQtMzA1Mzg4NjM2NTYyLTBmNzE4OWUzMGIzMmYzNzAwMTBiMWI3ZDQ3NmFlZDdkMmY4MDRlMDQ5MDdhZmRmMDdjYTNkMGQ0ZDA0ZTI5MGY%5D%5Bcolor=teal%5DSlack%5B/url%5D%7C]Slack[/url]  [url=https://www.facebook.com/DocumentTailor-259834644548573]Facebook[/url]  [url=https://twitter.com/documenttailor]Twitter[/url]  [url=https://t.me/joinchat/GZaHXQ-Bbr7xnrNmjX4zIA]Telegram[/url]  [url=https://www.linkedin.com/company/doctailor/]Linkedin[/url]   ▬▬▬▬▬
▌▌  [url=http://www.doctailor.com/#termsSection]Click for PRE-SALE  ▬▬▬  IEO: Jul 20th[/url]   ▐▐
Owillz

Activity: 532

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 04:30:03 PM

I just hope they will be able to implement kyc faster and come back to continue their ico. Taking long may take the excitement out of the ico.

Yea. With a long period of inactivity, the buzz around the project might begin to start fading out. And I am afraid it that happens for a lone while, picking up with sales might become a difficult task.
Ace44

Activity: 672

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 04:34:08 PM

Yea, the market is huge and is just getting started, so there is a whole lot of reasons why we need the presence of projects such as this and brands will be willing to pay handsomely to have the implementation of bitfence on their respective projects, the cryptocurrency industry is just a periphery of the market available for bitfence to utilize
phantam

Activity: 546
Merit: 106

Bountyhive.io

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2018, 05:08:52 PM

Building a fingerprint of the hacker is a wise move as it moves them away from traditional blocking and more towards something actually useful in preventing future attacks I’m gonna be interested to see how the full fingerprint is built
Nathan01

DocTailor IEO on Zloadr

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2018, 07:38:00 PM

Yea, the market is huge and is just getting started, so there is a whole lot of reasons why we need the presence of projects such as this and brands will be willing to pay handsomely to have the implementation of bitfence on their respective projects, the cryptocurrency industry is just a periphery of the market available for bitfence to utilize

I have a token which I have decent amount of it, gotten a ledger and kind of still busy to shift them from my hot wallet to the cold wallet, seeing the amount of MCap gave me enough drive already... Bitfence will be a huge relief around this sphere sincerely

( M P C X )  Revolution
▬▬ • • •  [url=http://www.doctailor.com/]DOCTailor  ✂️  Unique self-customizing smart legal contract platform[/url]  • • • ▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬   [url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2893424.0]ANN[/url]  [url=https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2887286.msg29675034#msg29675034]Bounty[/url]  [url=http://www.doctailor.com/whitepaper-en.pdf]Whitepaper[/url]  ▬▬  [url=https://join.slack.com/t/doctailor/shared_invite/enQtMzA1Mzg4NjM2NTYyLTBmNzE4OWUzMGIzMmYzNzAwMTBiMWI3ZDQ3NmFlZDdkMmY4MDRlMDQ5MDdhZmRmMDdjYTNkMGQ0ZDA0ZTI5MGY%5D%5Bcolor=teal%5DSlack%5B/url%5D%7C]Slack[/url]  [url=https://www.facebook.com/DocumentTailor-259834644548573]Facebook[/url]  [url=https://twitter.com/documenttailor]Twitter[/url]  [url=https://t.me/joinchat/GZaHXQ-Bbr7xnrNmjX4zIA]Telegram[/url]  [url=https://www.linkedin.com/company/doctailor/]Linkedin[/url]   ▬▬▬▬▬
▌▌  [url=http://www.doctailor.com/#termsSection]Click for PRE-SALE  ▬▬▬  IEO: Jul 20th[/url]   ▐▐
Pages: « 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 »
  Print  

Jump to: