Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 10:55:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Dailybitcoins.org] Bitcoin faucet, sponsored by ads  (Read 71441 times)
N.Olmos

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 10, 2011, 09:25:13 PM

Looks like you got your wish Dansker.

If you refresh your page you can easily get a .0035 prize. Or hold out for the big 7 Bitcoin prize.

Refer friends and earn 25%!

http://offers.coinad.com/?r=3

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
giantdragon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 10, 2011, 10:59:05 PM

Can you add some randomization to the payouts?

I usually only see 0.001 every single time, and it is a little boring tbh!

Maybe ad more things that the site reacts to, giving more.
I have just increased number of small prizes!

Recently I have received many questions about time when jackpot will be paid out, so I want to clarify this: it will happen immediately after I get necessary funds from the advertisers. It can occur at any time...
dree12
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1076

View Profile
December 10, 2011, 11:16:48 PM

Giantdragon,

This is an excellent service you offer. To help improve it, I have done some editing for the FAQ to make it sound more coherent. Additions are in underline, deletions in strikethough, and changes in bold.

How do I participate in this game?
To participate in this free lottery you need a Bitcoin wallet. You can get it for free by downloading and installing the open source Bitcoin software from the official website http://bitcoin.org. No registration is required. Run the client and copy/paste your payment address to get a prize.

How much can I get?
You can receive the amount that appears on the main page. There is always a small amount of Bitcoins available (booby prize), but during the day at random times we give away much more valuable prizes. See the Stats section for information about prizes that will soon become available.

How often can I get a gift?
You can get only one bounty per day, regardless of its value. The term “day” refers to 24 hours, i.e. you can get a new prize 24 hours after requesting your previous prize. To know how much time you have left until the next bounty is available to you, just request a bounty and you will see an appropriate message.

How do I receive the visitor’s bonus?
For some ads, we give away prizes to each of the hundredth or thousandth unique users (e.g. 100th, 200th, 1000th) who visits the advertiser’s website. When you click on the an ad, your IP is recorded and an appropriate payment is sent to the last payment address you used to receive our free daily Bitcoins. If no one with the recorded IP ordered free Bitcoins, the prize goes to the next user.

How long is the prize valid for?
You must claim the prize within 2 minutes after the page has loaded. If you are too late or have refreshed the page (pressed F5), the prize becomes invalid and can go to another user. In this case you will receive another bounty offer or, if no more are available, the guaranteed booby prize.

How many times can I refresh the page to get the best prize?
You can do this as often as you want, but to protect our website from robots you will be required to solve a CAPTCHA after a certain number of refreshes per time interval to get a bounty offer.1

I haven’t received a payment. Why?
 To prevent fraud all requested payments are being analyzed with a special statistical algorithm that detects the probability of cheating using various factors. If this probability is above a threshold, the payment is automatically rejected. Of course the chances of false positive always exist, but in most cases it can be neglected. If you have fallen into this category, we are sorry. The analyzer’s decision is final and cannot be disputed.

When are your working hours?
 We process orders and send payments almost every hour during our working hours, which are from 1pm to 3am UTC+3. To minimize transaction costs we can delay payments to send more prizes in a bunch at once.

What browsers can I use?
 The website was tested with Mozilla Firefox 5, Google Chrome 12 and Microsoft Internet Explorer 9. Older versions may work but we cannot guarantee the absence of errors.

Advertisers
What types of advertising do you offer?
 We offer the Cost per Mille (pay per 1000 impressions, i.e. how many times an ad was shown) and Cost per Click (pay for each ad link followed) advertising systems2.

What payment methods do you accept?
 Apart from Bitcoin, we also accept wire transfer to our account in Latvian bank and WebMoney Transfer. To use these methods please place your advertisement and contact us. The price will be calculated based on MtGox exchange rate without any fees.

What advertisements do you accept?
 We do not impose any restrictions on the products you are advertising, but your ad must be a well-formatted textbox and must fit visually into the website’s appearance. We reserve the right to ask you to reformat your ad and will send you a notification e-mail.

When will my ad be added?
 Your ad will be added during our working hours after review and after payment is received, which is usually in less than a hour. We do not wait for payment confirmations.

Can I change the geolocation options?
 Yes, please contact us if you need to do this.

Can I get a refund?
We do not offer refunds.3

1: It is my understanding this captcha no longer exists.
2: There is nothing wrong with "schemes", but it sounds malicious. Systems is a better word.
3: This is less direct, but much more polite.
giantdragon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2011, 01:38:16 AM

Thanks. I have corrected some of the sentences that you have advised.

It is my understanding this captcha no longer exists.
What does it means? I use Securimage which has not been compromised yet.
Matoking

Activity: 352
Merit: 250

Firstbits: 1m8xa

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2011, 12:17:54 PM

He means you no longer need to solve a CAPTCHA after refreshing the page a few times during a certain time period. You need to solve it when requesting the prize though.

BTC : 1CcpmVDLvR7DgA5deFGScoNhiEtiJnh6H4 - LTC : LYTnoXAHNsemMB2jhCSi1znQqnfupdRkSy
Bitcoin-otc
BitBin - earn bitcoins with your pastes!
giantdragon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2011, 08:34:34 PM

He means you no longer need to solve a CAPTCHA after refreshing the page a few times during a certain time period. You need to solve it when requesting the prize though.
It is true. I just forget to update FAQ.
Dansker

Activity: 740
Merit: 500

Hello world!

View Profile
December 11, 2011, 08:38:34 PM

I have just increased number of small prizes!

Sounds good, more money for more people, instead of more money for few people Smiley

ineededausername

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

bitcoin hundred-aire

View Profile
December 11, 2011, 08:44:11 PM

Oh wow, 7 BTC jackpot.  This site has grown since I last used it!
edit: Here's a suggestion -- you could increase all the small prizes by a constant amount from donations to some address, and merge with bitcoin faucet.

(BFL)^2 < 0
giantdragon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 16, 2011, 10:52:50 PM

We are very close to collect 7 BTC to pay out the jackpot!
giantdragon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2011, 02:18:00 AM

10 Bitcoin jackpot announced!
giantdragon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2012, 10:22:42 PM

We are very close to collect the 10 BTC jackpot. Don't miss the opportunity!
Matoking

Activity: 352

Firstbits: 1m8xa

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2012, 10:08:36 AM

I think you said once you'd never give out prices worth more than one bitcoin. Tongue

I also find it amusing that the current highest prize was won by someone in Nigeria.

BTC : 1CcpmVDLvR7DgA5deFGScoNhiEtiJnh6H4 - LTC : LYTnoXAHNsemMB2jhCSi1znQqnfupdRkSy
Bitcoin-otc
BitBin - earn bitcoins with your pastes!
giantdragon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 03, 2012, 01:17:27 PM

I think you said once you'd never give out prices worth more than one bitcoin. Tongue
I never said that I NEVER will give away prizes worth more than 1 BTC!

I also find it amusing that the current highest prize was won by someone in Nigeria.
Most probably this user accessed my service via VPN, located in Nigeria.
giantdragon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2012, 01:50:26 AM

Jackpot of whole 10 Bitcoins goes to the lucky man from New Mexico. Congratulations to the winner!
rapeghost

Activity: 419

View Profile
January 05, 2012, 07:04:32 PM

Advertisers beware... This site is pretty much a scam for you. The site makes you pay for ad's but the people who come to this site just click your ad's in hopes that they will win more BTC from the faucet then normal. The conversion rate of these clicks to sales is pretty much 0% as the people who frequent this site are looking for free Bitcoins, not to spend bitcoins.

James @ BitVPS
antares

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 05, 2012, 08:05:17 PM

hmm, just to clarify - I have had higher volume ads on dailybitcoins before, and I have always had a click-through-rate of about 7%, whereas I had a conversion(user signed up and started using the service) rate of 2-3%. This is usually what can be expected out of any advertising service.
boonies4u

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 05, 2012, 09:34:32 PM

Advertisers beware... This site is pretty much a scam for you. The site makes you pay for ad's but the people who come to this site just click your ad's in hopes that they will win more BTC from the faucet then normal. The conversion rate of these clicks to sales is pretty much 0% as the people who frequent this site are looking for free Bitcoins, not to spend bitcoins.

James @ BitVPS

When I go there, I am willing to check out bitcoin related services/sites... but anything other than that I could care less about.
Bitsky

Activity: 576
Merit: 512

View Profile
January 05, 2012, 10:38:25 PM

James @ BitVPS
Well, there's always the chance that visitors do not want your services. Ever thought of that?

Bounty: Earn up to 68.7 BTC
Like my post? Feel free to drop a tip to 1BitskyZbfR4irjyXDaGAM2wYKQknwX36Y
giantdragon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2012, 12:59:05 AM
Last edit: January 07, 2012, 01:03:14 AM by giantdragon

The conversion rate of these clicks to sales is pretty much 0% as the people who frequent this site are looking for free Bitcoins, not to spend bitcoins.
Services you are offering (web hosting) probably not need for most users, who visit dailybitcoins.org seeking free Bitcoins. Therefore conversion rate is so low. Audience targeting is very important factor making advertising campaign effective.
giantdragon (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2012, 02:16:56 AM

5 BTC jackpot announced.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: