Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:09:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Asrock h110 pro BTC+ Bios issue  (Read 334 times)
BTC22 (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 12:31:36 AM

Hey guys. I have a weird situation. Since day 1, when I boot the computer, there a the Asrock splash screen with the option to get into the bios settings. All of a sudden today its gone. All I see is  "no signal" until Windows boots up. Ive tried repeatedly hitting ESC, F2, F11 or delete. Nothing. How can I get into it?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Sledge0001

Activity: 582
Merit: 149

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 01:57:36 AM

Clear the CMOS while removing the Battery! RTFM!
BTC22 (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 02:07:09 AM

Did that three times. Doesn't work. Now Im trying to do a fresh install with Windows, but I cant boot from USB if I can't change the boot order. Im stuck.
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 02:14:58 AM

it seems that Ultra Fast boot is enabled

you can do this steps here

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/21284-enable-disable-fast-boot-uefi-firmware-settings-windows.html

And here

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5831-boot-uefi-firmware-settings-inside-windows-10-a.html
Vann

Activity: 1036
Merit: 606

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 02:19:49 AM

Sounds like you have the monitor plugged in to the wrong video output. Unplug all the risers from the motherboard, connect the monitor to the DVI port and see if there's any video output. Otherwise you could try leaving a card only in the PCI-E x16 slot and connect the monitor to it. The motherboard should automatically switch the video output from the onboard graphics to the GPU once a card is plugged in the PCI-E x16 slot.
BTC22 (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 02:45:39 AM

The monitor has been plugged into the same place for three months. Now I cant see anything
 Just no signal. I unplugged all risers and tried one stick of RAM. Nothing.
BTC22 (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 03:41:10 AM

The monitor has been plugged into the same place for three months. Now I cant see anything
 Just no signal. I unplugged all risers and tried one stick of RAM. Nothing.

Did that and nothing. Could something with my monitor be bad?
BTC22 (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 03:52:55 AM

Maybe its the not the monitor. Im at a loss here. Everything else turns on. Even if it was booting but I couldnt see anything, team viewer isnt running on it ( I have it setup to run on startup). Any help would be greatly appreciated.
leonix007

Grow with community

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 04:32:10 AM

Maybe its the not the monitor. Im at a loss here. Everything else turns on. Even if it was booting but I couldnt see anything, team viewer isnt running on it ( I have it setup to run on startup). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

did you already try what I suggested above?
BTC22 (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 04:54:43 AM

I cant see anything on the screen. How can I?
leonix007

Grow with community

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 05:09:24 AM

You did see a screen on your fist post, it booted up to windows does it?

All I see is  "no signal" until Windows boots up. Ive tried repeatedly hitting ESC, F2, F11 or delete. Nothing. How can I get into it?

BTC22 (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 05:19:00 AM

All I see is  "no signal" until Windows boots up. Ive tried repeatedly hitting ESC, F2, F11 or delete. Nothing. How can I get into it?

It does not anymore.
leonix007

Grow with community

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 05:36:25 AM

It does not anymore.

so it doesn't boot up aye, do some basic troubleshoots like, removing all GPU's and risers installed for the meantime and use on board graphics, check your Memory or try replacing them if you have any extras, check also your PSU.

EvilKingfisher55

Activity: 61

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 05:40:04 AM

Try cleaning your memory. It may be the cause of the problem. If there's power (CPU cooler is running but no display) then its probably your memory is in bad shape. Try cleaning it first, and if it doesn't help, try installing a new one.
BTC22 (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 03:42:58 PM

I ordered some new memory. Will be here today. I'll report back.
BTC22 (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 11:36:20 PM

Tried new RAM and new Monitor. Still nothing
HardKano

Activity: 76

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 02:00:38 AM

Hi bud. I have the same issue. Working on it from my side and will write any solution i find.

I found that removing all cards and risers (USB) let windows boot. But its stuck in "fast boot" even if its disabled. I've found it because i tried to reinstall windows using F12 to boot on USB and unable. Typical fast boot denial. tried to enable fast boot and disable after. no clue for now. Maybe we'll need to claim a support ticket to asrock.
HardKano

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 01:36:16 PM
Last edit: May 19, 2018, 01:53:06 PM by HardKano

I found something this morning.

I started from scratch. I unpluged everything (risers from BOARD, power to risers) and started only with RAM CPU SSD plug after testing the power supply was in shape. I've see the BIOS POST ! this problem is related to risers in somehow …. many issues seem related to them.

After i have upgraded to bios version 1.60 and i've seen the windows logo on screen loading. After this i have setup CPU chipset configs and look that fast boot is unable. And i've set to 5 sec the option to wait on setup prompt (below fast boot). reboot and i've see the POST for 3-4 sec !

chipset setup : http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=6589&PID=40566&title=h110-pro-btc-cannot-boot-with-more-than-9-gpu#40566

I'll reboot with connecting 1 thing per boot. first will be the 3 powers for risers and after each boot it will be 1 riser connector to the board. Let see if 1 things cause the problem and if its solved.

try it on your side !
zbutterfly

Activity: 498
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 03:52:29 PM

Hey guys. I have a weird situation. Since day 1, when I boot the computer, there a the Asrock splash screen with the option to get into the bios settings. All of a sudden today its gone. All I see is  "no signal" until Windows boots up. Ive tried repeatedly hitting ESC, F2, F11 or delete. Nothing. How can I get into it?

buy a newer one. much more sophisticated and inexpensive

BTC22 (OP)

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 04:11:36 PM

buy a newer one. much more sophisticated and inexpensive

I already did.
HardKano

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 11:42:10 PM

I resolved the issue.

After unplug everything it POST perfectly. flashed it and set back bios settings. Windows boot properlly.

I plugged back everything 1 by 1... and all booted perfectly. Testing boot between connecting each risers.

It seem that a riser could move slightly and the connection isnt correct so the motherboard trigger an error when it do it "POST check" but not halting like ram missing issue.

Try it while you wait your other board. and update your bios version to 1.6
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: