Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:00:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Ravencoin Miner: an optimized open source miner for Ravencoin  (Read 1987 times)
duhjeff

Activity: 106
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 03:24:36 AM

trying it now, seems at least the same speed as enemy , gotta try it on a 1080ti rig yet
i wish these miners showed average hashrate bc with all the diff algos its hard to figure out whats
faster

Hey I am glad you are seeing good initial results!!

It is in the default bat file, "-N 600"

This will use 600 shares to calculate your hash rate shown on the Accepted lines.

You can change 600 to anything you would like.

Higher = more stable hash rate display
Lower = Changes more rapidly.
so far Im happy with it , can it do .05 fee instead of 1%
seems to be at least as fast as the enemy miner but has more features like the daily
profit.  Also seems a bit more stable .

I only get 15mhs on my 1080tis , should i try a higwr intensity? mem
is +300 core is +100

I'm giving my 13 gpu and 4 gpu rigs a try.  Im averaging about 800 rvn a day so i'll do 24 hours and let you know what the results would be....

Keep up the good works!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jesser509 (OP)

Activity: 68

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 04:37:46 AM

trying it now, seems at least the same speed as enemy , gotta try it on a 1080ti rig yet
i wish these miners showed average hashrate bc with all the diff algos its hard to figure out whats
faster

This will use 600 shares to calculate your hash rate shown on the Accepted lines.

seems to be at least as fast as the enemy miner but has more features like the daily
profit.  Also seems a bit more stable .

is +300 core is +100

You should be able to do any donation you want, however there is a lower limit (12 seconds) to where it will ignore the time period anyways. Lower than .17% (point one seven percent, for clarity haha) It will ignore the donation period anyways because that turns out to be less than 12 seconds.

What intensity are you currently running? and what stratum difficulty?

I'm giving my 13 gpu and 4 gpu rigs a try.  Im averaging about 800 rvn a day so i'll do 24 hours and let you know what the results would be....

Keep up the good works!

Awesome man definitely post your results if you can!!
Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 05:23:06 AM

faster

is +300 core is +100

You should be able to do any donation you want, however there is a lower limit (12 seconds) to where it will ignore the time period anyways. Lower than .17% (point one seven percent, for clarity haha) It will ignore the donation period anyways because that turns out to be less than 12 seconds.

I'm giving my 13 gpu and 4 gpu rigs a try.  Im averaging about 800 rvn a day so i'll do 24 hours and let you know what the results would be....

Keep up the good works!

so you are saying the minimum fee on your miner is 1.7 percent? thats high as hell
jesser509 (OP)

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 06:10:58 AM

faster

is +300 core is +100

Keep up the good works!

so you are saying the minimum fee on your miner is 1.7 percent? thats high as hell

No, if you read my post carefully it says point one seven percent.

Thats 17 parts in 10000

.17%

Not 1.7%
Marvell2

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 06:20:17 AM

faster

is +300 core is +100

Keep up the good works!

No, if you read my post carefully it says point one seven percent.

Thats 17 parts in 10000

.17%

Not 1.7%

oh i see thanks for clarifying
Marvell2

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 06:24:30 AM

faster

is +300 core is +100

I'm using default intensity of 20 like it your example, the diffuculty is set by the pool , I have no control of that its set by suprnova
jesser509 (OP)

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 06:27:32 AM

faster

is +300 core is +100

I'm using default intensity of 20 like it your example, the diffuculty is set by the pool , I have no control of that its set by suprnova

Definitely play around with the intensity. I am seeing interesting results at 19.

Also experiment with different pools. I like ravenminer because it allows you to set stratum difficulty with
-p d=x
suprnova might allow that although I could totally be wrong.
W.T.R.

Activity: 10

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 06:28:28 AM

Great miner, I see a noticeable raise in hashrate. Any suggestions for OC (1070, and 1070Tis)?.

Tnx and keep up the good work.
jesser509 (OP)

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 06:31:08 AM

Great miner, I see a noticeable raise in hashrate. Any suggestions for OC (1070, and 107Tis)?.

Tnx and keep up the good work.

Awesome glad you like it!!!

Push core as much as you can stable. And leave memory at stock, or even pull it back to save a tiny bit of power/heat. Also I don't recommend 100% power, try 65-85%
MinerMinor

Activity: 20

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 03:55:23 PM

v2.5 is extremely laggy vs v2.4 on my GTX970. Seems to be same hashrate. Any way of getting it toned down again? Before it was possible to use computer for light browsing while mining.
jesser509 (OP)

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 03:58:26 PM

v2.5 is extremely laggy vs v2.4 on my GTX970. Seems to be same hashrate. Any way of getting it toned down again? Before it was possible to use computer for light browsing while mining.

Give a slightly lower intensity a try. You can also use non-integers like 19.5 or 19.9 or whatever Smiley

That should help
MinerMinor

Activity: 20

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 04:21:13 PM

Give a slightly lower intensity a try. You can also use non-integers like 19.5 or 19.9 or whatever Smiley

That should help

Thanks! Will try. What is the default intensity? (if bat file is blank with nothing specified)
jesser509 (OP)

View Profile
April 10, 2018, 07:22:32 PM

That should help

Thanks! Will try. What is the default intensity? (if bat file is blank with nothing specified)

The default intensity on v2.5 is 21, that is probably why you are seeing more lag than normal. You could probably give 20 a try first, then lower it from there if needed.
duhjeff

Activity: 106

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 03:00:38 AM

Keep up the good works!

[/quote]

After 24 hours of mining....I got just about same amount as Enemy.  However, I do like yours because (1)it's got pretty colors.  (2)It seems to run a lot smoother where my rigs is not that laggy..

Good job!  Just switched all my rigs over and you're getting donation from me Smiley

Thanks but only if you add X16S algorithm in for Pigeon coin and it'll be better..
jesser509 (OP)

View Profile
April 18, 2018, 03:19:28 PM

v2.5.1
Fix dev pool
fix for compile issue from pull request, thanks ubergold

v2.5
Optimizations to all hash functions
bmw, jh, blake, groestl, keccak, skein, luffa, cubehash, echo, shavite, simd, fugue, hamsi, shabal, whirlpool, sha

v2.4
Cubehash and Keccak Optimizations
Can color RVN/day line with secondary release Ravencoin Miner v2.4 (COLOR)
To correctly color the RVN/day line please read color.txt

v2.3
Fix for Hamsi!
6% increase in overall hash rate

v2.2.2
Ubuntu support

v2.2
Kraww!
Added estimate for RVN earned per day (displays every 5th share)

https://github.com/Ravencoin-Miner/Ravencoin/releases
jesser509 (OP)

View Profile
April 21, 2018, 11:57:51 PM

Fastest Open Source Miner:

https://imgur.com/a/lNISOrU
Teti2347

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 03:23:22 AM

faster

is +300 core is +100

Definitely play around with the intensity. I am seeing interesting results at 19.

Also experiment with different pools. I like ravenminer because it allows you to set stratum difficulty with
-p d=x

Jesser,

What determines what the difficulty should be?  I have mine at the standard bat settings of 15. What do you recommend?
jesser509 (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 03:52:30 AM

faster

is +300 core is +100

-p d=x

Jesser,

What determines what the difficulty should be?  I have mine at the standard bat settings of 15. What do you recommend?

A good starting point is around 3/4 your hashrate.
jesser509 (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 06:28:57 AM

https://discord.gg/6exWdRr
jesser509 (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 05:29:32 PM

Ravencoin Miner v2.6 has been released!

Ravencoin Miner: an optimized open source miner created specifically for Ravencoin.
v2.6
Improvements to poolside hash rate stability (recommended to use lower than normal stratum difficulty)
Difficulty recommendation:
d=Hashrate/2
d=Hashrate/3
Improvements to all hash functions
Improved power efficiency
https://github.com/Ravencoin-Miner/Ravencoin/releases
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: