Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:32:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: labcoin lawsuit  (Read 87587 times)
bjack0815

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 18, 2017, 07:25:58 AM

I hope that there is still any investiagion ongoing. It would be too sad if these scammers would get through with it.

Work hard, play hard.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2017, 10:06:42 PM

I hope that there is still any investiagion ongoing. It would be too sad if these scammers would get through with it.

Situation is that we know the scammers, they are lowlifes, catched by the police some months ago for owning drugs. I think the police already lost them again without italian police keeping them because we search for them. I did not try to hunt the lawyer down again to get more infos. Don't have the time.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
raaaj100

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 09:24:02 PM

It can take up to five years to finish legal proceedings (including the time needed for investigation). Add to this that Italian courts and authorities are known for being notoriously slow in handling cases (sometimes this fact is used as a strategy by international lawyers to slow down proceedings in national cases, otherwise known as the 'Italian torpedo'). I think it is safe to say that expecting answers in a month time is very unrealistic.
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 31, 2017, 08:27:13 PM

It can take up to five years to finish legal proceedings (including the time needed for investigation). Add to this that Italian courts and authorities are known for being notoriously slow in handling cases (sometimes this fact is used as a strategy by international lawyers to slow down proceedings in national cases, otherwise known as the 'Italian torpedo'). I think it is safe to say that expecting answers in a month time is very unrealistic.

We have an italian lawyer. He was paid at the start. He filed the needed documents but italian police was not able to find these guys. We found and contacted the mother of these guys, it's not a poor family, but when she heard the amount of damage he did the contact broke. Finally someone found that these guys were caught by the police for owning a reasonable amount of drugs and hiding in one of the family houses. I reached the lawyer by phone, he was interested but I did not hear anything from him anymore. So I guess nothing more happened.

bjack0815

Activity: 162

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 09:56:22 AM

We have an italian lawyer. He was paid at the start. He filed the needed documents but italian police was not able to find these guys. We found and contacted the mother of these guys, it's not a poor family, but when she heard the amount of damage he did the contact broke. Finally someone found that these guys were caught by the police for owning a reasonable amount of drugs and hiding in one of the family houses. I reached the lawyer by phone, he was interested but I did not hear anything from him anymore. So I guess nothing more happened.

Maybe the lawyer should be offered a share of the claimed amount.

Work hard, play hard.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2018, 06:52:24 PM

So are you going to hire another new lawyer to sue the first lawyer? Grin

I only ask because you very much seem to enjoy throwing good money after bad.

Crying to the Nanny State Courts, demanding a second bailout for your self-inflicted ASIC gambling losses?  Really? Satoshi wept.

Your answer to every problem is to hire lawyers, which shows you don't at all grok the ethos of Bitcoin.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Neurocrypt

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 02:03:53 AM

So are you going to hire another new lawyer to sue the first lawyer? Grin

I only ask because you very much seem to enjoy throwing good money after bad.

Crying to the Nanny State Courts, demanding a second bailout for your self-inflicted ASIC gambling losses?  Really? Satoshi wept.

Your answer to every problem is to hire lawyers, which shows you don't at all grok the ethos of Bitcoin.
Hiring new lawyer could help but a smart one
GoWest

Activity: 563
Merit: 501

betwithbtc.com

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2018, 07:00:47 PM

As an investor in ZIP.A back in the day (ZipConf was also a victim of Alberto's wrong-doings), I look forward to seeing justice in this case. Nothing to do with money.

StacyKo

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 07:40:06 PM

Many of its claims were refuted and media released was claimed to have been manipulated or be of infeasible design for the claims. By the 5th of November, some of the investors made claims to begin a lawsuit against the people involved in what they believe to have been a scam.
burnside
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004

Lead Blockchain Developer

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2018, 05:24:22 AM

I think no one has really more proof of owning the shares. Luckily with burnside we have an exchange owner that did not run and is still communicating so he would help us with backing our claims for sure.

Sorry, responding to an old post, but I figure it's still relevant.

I don't have all the servers anymore, but I do have CSV's of trades for all accounts that could be used to show ownership prior to BTC-TC's closure.  Labcoin may potentially counter that you could have sold them when they moved to an alternate exchange, but should anyone need their BTC-TC CSV I am happy to assist as time allows.

Cheers
virtualspade (OP)

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 02:25:11 PM

Hello everyone,

The news we all have been waiting for has arrived...

Alberto Armandi will be prosecuted in Italy this September for the Labcoin case following the complain.

More details on how to claim your BTC from the case will become available later, after I discussed it more with the lawyer.

virtualspade's cold beer fund: BTC:1PFLjadp8BUXihShfEmhCKugUUfo8SveJy LTC:LUTaae2YTkZomPgd2AeqKyNonpe2iTgZ7R  WDC:WQ6hNRmN4cDhF6XmccRN6uruWinLkZd2Aj More over here
dexX7
Legendary

Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2018, 03:11:18 PM
Last edit: April 22, 2018, 03:22:31 PM by dexX7

Hello everyone,

Alberto Armandi will be prosecuted in Italy this September for the Labcoin case following the complain.

More details on how to claim your BTC from the case will become available later, after I discussed it more with the lawyer.

Is this true?

Woooow!

Is there any news about this? How did they find him, what caused the arrest? I'm so curious!

edit: found it!

http://www.sardiniapost.it/cronaca/villamassargia-droga-e-munizioni-durante-un-controllo-due-arresti/

Appearingly Alberto Armandi and Alessio Arceri were busted because of drugs.

So Alessio was also indeed involved in Labcoin after all, like we believed back in the days?

E.Sam

Activity: 393
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2018, 03:21:23 PM

Hello everyone,

Nice one Virtualspade! Wondering if he will have to give back BTCs or their corresponding values at the time.
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2018, 06:12:15 PM

Great news but it sounds like a Déjà-vu. That happened on january 2016 already. Both brothers captured in their jeep carrying drugs. While they hid in one of the hotels of their family. Here we posted about it: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1495596.0. Does this mean the italian police worked on this over 2 years? Were these guys in custody all this time?

Virtualspade... great to hear something from you. Can you make this point a bit more clear? I thought the police released them while they didn't even notice that they were searched for questioning.

I really hope something is in it now. I fear those stupid guys, with that stupid lifestyle, might have not been able to create anything and waste all the money they get was gone in a short time. So I wonder if I should get some hope up. That was my thought after I read about them 2 years ago.

If we really succeed... well... LCSH for the win. Cheesy

virtualspade (OP)

Activity: 94

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 06:57:29 PM

Yes dexX7, it's true Alberto will go to court for the Labcoin complaint we made.

I got a copy of the official document from the Public Prosecutor stating that our complaint is going to court in September this year.

I didn't know about the drug bust that happened before, and I have no information about that.

virtualspade's cold beer fund: BTC:1PFLjadp8BUXihShfEmhCKugUUfo8SveJy LTC:LUTaae2YTkZomPgd2AeqKyNonpe2iTgZ7R  WDC:WQ6hNRmN4cDhF6XmccRN6uruWinLkZd2Aj More over here
CHAO

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 08:03:12 PM

Dear virtualspade,

You do a good job!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GTR_JOEY

Activity: 99

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 08:50:02 PM

Wow, Im glad the BTC i donated has been put to good use.

Thankyou for your hard work Virtual Spade. I look forward to future updates Smiley
kololo

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 02:50:17 AM

Yes dexX7, it's true Alberto will go to court for the Labcoin complaint we made.

I got a copy of the official document from the Public Prosecutor stating that our complaint is going to court in September this year.

I didn't know about the drug bust that happened before, and I have no information about that.
Wow! It is a great news! Thanks for your massage! Great work for you.

If you have some news, please PM to me.

Thanks a lot!
dexX7
Legendary

Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2018, 05:08:48 AM

This is awesome!

Would you mind providing a copy of the document? Smiley

Do you know, if Alessio was indeed involved?

merv77

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

1.21 GIGA WATTS

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 07:33:10 AM

This is great news.

Many thanks virtualspade.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: