Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:31:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cant send BCH from ledger nano S wtf... 0.50 LTC to 1st person to solve it  (Read 224 times)
cryptoninja007 (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 05:59:32 AM

I have some coins I purchased from coin base and i moved them to my ledger nano S. I did research and moved them to my bitcoin cash split wallet. My coins show up just fine. When I go to send them the send button DOSE NOT WORK. It may as well not be there. what the heck. here is a screen shot. I will send .20 LTC to anyone who can solve my problem. Please post detailed response if you want the reward. Post up your public address.

https://ibb.co/hLKASH

BTC

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sellingaccs

Activity: 126
Merit: 50

Ask me for Pools, Nodes and Explorers.

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 06:05:39 AM
Merited by suchmoon (3), BTCforJoe (1)

Hey! I don't know what might be causing this problem, but i suggest that you use Electron cash for the process.
Download the client from Electroncash.org, after that it will ask you to create new wallet. Choose "Create new wallet" -> "I already have a seed" then enter the seed which was generated during the Ledger Nano S setup. After that press next, and enter password if you wish so.

Then you should generate a new seed with on Ledger Nano S and move the coins there hoping that you can send coins. If not, well then there is some kind of a problem with the wallet. Let me know if this works for you.

Edit: DO NOT REUSE THE SEED! Also it might be a software problem rather than hardware, but i'll wait for your response.

Seetheummerallyeah

Activity: 280
Merit: 41

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 06:09:54 AM

Please provide more details. What happens when you try to click "Send"? Do you see this screen?

cryptoninja007 (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 06:16:44 AM

what do you mean by

DO NOT REUSE THE SEED! If I download this new wallet and toss the seed into it it should display my BCH to send. please alliterate

I have lots of other coins on my ledger I don't want to mess with at the moment.

I go to send the BCH to an address. I fill in the receiving address and the amount. I click the send button nothing happens. It would be like clicking on nothing on your desktop you can click all you want nothing happens.

All other coins send just fine.

I do have my ledger nano S seed. I am afraid to use it because its a large balance and I have other coins on the device as well.

Yes i see that screen exactly. I click the green send button NOTHING happens.
Sellingaccs

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 06:19:25 AM

-snip-

Which address are you trying to send your coins to? Im not sure if ledger nano supports native segwit, does the address start with bc or 3?

Seetheummerallyeah

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 06:22:02 AM

what do you mean by

DO NOT REUSE THE SEED! If I download this new wallet and toss the seed into it it should display my BCH to send. please alliterate

I have lots of other coins on my ledger I don't want to mess with at the moment.

I go to send the BCH to an address. I fill in the receiving address and the amount. I click the send button nothing happens. It would be like clicking on nothing on your desktop you can click all you want nothing happens.

All other coins send just fine.

I do have my ledger nano S seed. I am afraid to use it because its a large balance and I have other coins on the device as well.

Yes i see that screen exactly. I click the green send button NOTHING happens.

Have you verified the recipient address is correct and is a BCH address? Did you select the correct account under "account to debit"? Did you account for fees by sending less than your wallet amount?
cryptoninja007 (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 06:24:28 AM

the adress starts with qz8q

I am going to try and send some to coinbase just to check and see if it will go threw. what is the smallest amount I can send.
Sellingaccs

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 06:26:59 AM
Last edit: April 04, 2018, 06:37:47 AM by Sellingaccs

I am going to try and send some to coinbase just to check and see if it will go threw. what is the smallest amount I can send.

Sorry, BCH addresses start like that. Try using this converter: https://cashaddr.bitcoincash.org/
Try sending to the address, which starts with 3 that you get from that converter. Could be that native BCH segwit addresses are not supported by Ledger Nano S.
Also you can send any amount which you'd like, as bitcoin cash fees are really low.

Edit: Address should start with qp rather than qz as far as i know. Where did you get this address from?

Seetheummerallyeah

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 06:27:30 AM

Technically speaking you should be able to send any amount less than your (wallet amount - tx fee).
cryptoninja007 (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 06:40:19 AM

not entirely sure how to use this converter to the new format.

I just try sending to coin base and it wont even let me do that.

Do I want to put my public key in here?
Seetheummerallyeah

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 06:42:06 AM

The other user is mistaken and thinks that you want to send Bitcoin, not Bitcoin Cash. Does any message pop up at all when you click send? If not you should uninstall and reinstall the chrome application.
Sellingaccs

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 06:44:49 AM

The other user is mistaken and thinks that you want to send Bitcoin, not Bitcoin Cash. Does any message pop up at all when you click send? If not you should uninstall and reinstall the chrome application.

How so? CashAddr should be in the following format i think: bitcoincash:qpe5ycrs9yw475nap75xkg2jcsfrq8rvnc3v48ndr2

Edit: Yes i have been mistaken, but i'd still suggest to use the converter tool.

Sellingaccs

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 06:48:02 AM

Enter the address and copy the address from the "Legacy" tab which starts with 1 instead. Send to that address and let me know if that works.

cryptoninja007 (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 06:51:48 AM

Does any message pop up at all when you click send? no nothing happens no message or anything.

If I uninstall and re install will I need to put my seed in.

I don't know about sending 500 BCH to a random address for I don't trust. I think Im going to well not do that unless I have to.
Seetheummerallyeah

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 06:55:52 AM

Does any message pop up at all when you click send? no nothing happens no message or anything.

I don't know about sending 500 BCH to a random address for I don't trust. I think Im going to well not do that unless I have to.

You will not need to put your seed in. Just plug your ledger in and your balances and transactions should show up
Sellingaccs

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 06:58:16 AM

Send something like 0.0001BCH to see if the address works. The converter is on official site, so if you trust bitcoincash, i don't see a reason why you would not trust the devs on it. There are Legacy addresses, and Cashaddr addresses. Not all places support CashAddr.

cryptoninja007 (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 07:11:56 AM

ok im uninstalling and reinstalling right now wish me luck this is alot of crypto

if this works Seetheummerallyeah going to be .5 ltc richer.

can someone please enplane how to uninstall in windows 10?
Seetheummerallyeah

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 07:20:42 AM

ok im uninstalling and reinstalling right now wish me luck this is alot of crypto

if this works Seetheummerallyeah going to be .5 ltc richer.

can someone please enplane how to uninstall in windows 10?

1: Go to chrome://apps ... Right click on Ledger Wallet Bitcoin and click uninstall

2: Go to chrome://apps and click on ledger manager. Remove the bitcoin app and reinstall
cryptoninja007 (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 07:24:09 AM

there dose not seem to be anything installed in the chrome extension. I am using the desktop software. im looking in apps
Seetheummerallyeah

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 07:28:47 AM

there dose not seem to be anything installed in the chrome extension. I am using the desktop software. im looking in apps

Try installing their official chrome app (NOT extension).

This is the Ledger Manager app: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ledger-manager/beimhnaefocolcplfimocfiaiefpkgbf
This is the Ledger Bitcoin App: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ledger-wallet-bitcoin/kkdpmhnladdopljabkgpacgpliggeeaf
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: