Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:47:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for a bot to automate a task  (Read 165 times)
bitcoin revo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1168
Merit: 1049

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 12:40:33 AM

Title. It's a repetitive process that involves downloading and running an application onto multiple different servers via RDP, but the servers vary in nature (performance, OS, etc) so there are a few deviations that the bot will have to work with. However, it doesn't need to be absolutely catch-all. Hence, I'm not looking to expand past a low to moderate budget for this bot.

I will give more information through PM. Please don't hesitate to send me a message.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bitcoin revo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 05:40:19 PM

Bump! Still need this done.
JanEmil

Activity: 2296
Merit: 668

Community management 24/7 for hire

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2018, 06:40:44 PM

I normaly use https://www.metasploit.com for tasks like this one.

Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 07:00:29 PM

Title. It's a repetitive process that involves downloading and running an application onto multiple different servers via RDP, but the servers vary in nature (performance, OS, etc) so there are a few deviations that the bot will have to work with. However, it doesn't need to be absolutely catch-all. Hence, I'm not looking to expand past a low to moderate budget for this bot.

I will give more information through PM. Please don't hesitate to send me a message.
I think something like this can be achieved using a simple bash script which can just execute a list of commands you could run on the servers.When you say RDP's,how many rdp's in total that you need to automate them ? If you give a number then maybe it will be clear on how efficient the bot would be and what exactly needs to be automated.

I normaly use https://www.metasploit.com for tasks like this one.
Sorry but ins't metasploit for penetration testing ? Never heard someone using it for automation.
vlad230

Activity: 616
Merit: 279

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 08:03:37 PM

A more elegant way to do this (and not bother with RDP) could be by installing Jenkins ( https://jenkins.io/ ).
You will have a 'master' node that executes commands on the different 'slave' servers you have. This thing works by having a Jenkins agent running on your slave machines.

You can configure Jenkins jobs that trigger the execution of scripts (i.e. bash scripts) that do what you need on an hourly basis or on demand.

PM me if you want to go this way and need help with it. Smiley
bitcoin revo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 09:48:02 PM

I think something like this can be achieved using a simple bash script which can just execute a list of commands you could run on the servers.When you say RDP's,how many rdp's in total that you need to automate them ? If you give a number then maybe it will be clear on how efficient the bot would be and what exactly needs to be automated.

Since my task is to install a program onto RDPs that require it for a bigger company, it's more of a consistent number of roughly 20 RDPs every few days. I may have gotten off the wrong foot in my explanation, but my purpose here isn't really to automate the RDPs to doing a task several times over - I'm looking for something that can automate an installation onto many RDPs that go through it.

A more elegant way to do this (and not bother with RDP) could be by installing Jenkins ( https://jenkins.io/ ).
You will have a 'master' node that executes commands on the different 'slave' servers you have. This thing works by having a Jenkins agent running on your slave machines.

You can configure Jenkins jobs that trigger the execution of scripts (i.e. bash scripts) that do what you need on an hourly basis or on demand.

PM me if you want to go this way and need help with it. Smiley

I will continue the conversation with you via PM - but I think the paragraph above will help clear the fog.
vlad230

Activity: 616
Merit: 279

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 10:19:37 PM
Merited by bitcoin revo (1)

Since my task is to install a program onto RDPs that require it for a bigger company, it's more of a consistent number of roughly 20 RDPs every few days. I may have gotten off the wrong foot in my explanation, but my purpose here isn't really to automate the RDPs to doing a task several times over - I'm looking for something that can automate an installation onto many RDPs that go through it.

Oh... Ok so, you need to install stuff on different servers in batches. Then Jenkins won't work for this.

Maybe this will work better, but I didn't use it: https://www.easeus.com/backup-utility/install-software-on-multiple-computers.html

I'm not sure how knowledgeable are you with scripts but if you are, maybe you could look into this alternative too: https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter/Install-software-on-9278d883
thatkid1

Activity: 143
Merit: 4

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 08:39:43 AM

Have you tried Chef/ puppet/ Ansible?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: