Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 07:48:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL calling "loyal" customers (from +1-866-723-3108)  (Read 6179 times)
trepex (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 07:55:28 PM

Hi,

I just received a call (on my German phone number) from BFL.

Background:
I ordered a Jalapeno on December 3rd, 2012, payed via Paypal/CC.
I ordered the +2Gh upgrade (shortly after it had been announced).

I ordered 4 more 5 Gh Miners on April 22nd 2013, payed via Paypal/CC.
I received my 1. Jalapeno a little bit more than 2 month ago. It did work with >7 Gh. It did earn the investment.
I did not receive the other 4 5 Gh Miners.
I asked 2x for a refund, BFL denied it with "We are shipping".
I filed a complaint with Paypal (international and German). Had been rejected: "Out of the 45 days window."
I reminded Paypal that they did allow a company like BFL to breach their ToC (preorder and non delivery).
They told me that they took legal actions against BFL. But no refund for me.
I contacted my CC company very nicely, explained to them the problem and asked if they could get in contact
with Paypal and give me a refund.

I received a refund from my CC company! (OK, I am very good customer there, it's the Airberlin CC.)
I received a call from Paypal a week later. They asked if I did hear anything from BFL or received my order.
I said "no".

Back to the call form today. It had been a woman, typical sales type.
"How are you?", "You are happy with your Jalapeno?" etc....
I think she did know only about my first one.

Then she started with "as a loyal customer, I want to offer you...".
I interrupted her. Told her that BFL managed to deliver one device (after like 8 month, but still OK) but failed to deliver
the other 4. I told her that BFL did ignore my requests for a refund and that I had to file a compaint at Paypal and my
CC company to get a refund. "BFL is not able to deliver on time, I am not interested in doing any business with BFL again."
I did hang up.

Ralf

Will work for BTC and DEM (eMark)   No joke!   Network, WiFi, IPv6
Beste Bank für den BTC Handel: Fidor Bank, Partner von bitcoin.de und Kraken.com   Registrierung: https://banking.fidor.de/registrierung?ibid=43713861

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2013, 08:02:33 PM

Probably should have used that opportunity to talk about the refund.

trepex (OP)

Activity: 266

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 08:04:16 PM

I had my refund.
Maybe a good idea for other people receiving this kind of call.

Will work for BTC and DEM (eMark)   No joke!   Network, WiFi, IPv6
Beste Bank für den BTC Handel: Fidor Bank, Partner von bitcoin.de und Kraken.com   Registrierung: https://banking.fidor.de/registrierung?ibid=43713861
Kenshin

Activity: 280

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 08:17:30 PM

I had my refund.
Maybe a good idea for other people receiving this kind of call.

Yeah, I tried to call them once, and it was answer machine.  Angry
joeventura

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 08:27:45 PM

Outbound marketing from BFL? Hmmmmm

You mean people have stopped lining up at their "door" to order stuff?

Your B to C business is over Josh!  Focus on B to B!

Go sell another million dollar deal to another business interested in a tax write off from a bad deal.

Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 08:51:54 PM

I think they just called me too,I don't answer unknown numbers so,I'm not positive.But the the number is quite similar (866) 723-3108  Roll Eyes

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
YipYip

Activity: 574

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 11:08:05 PM

I think they just called me too,I don't answer unknown numbers so,I'm not positive.But the the number is quite similar (866) 723-3108  Roll Eyes

I feel sorry for the CSReps.....

Calling the vast majority of happy BFL customers ...lolz

Good luck with that  Wink

OBJECT NOT FOUND
lightfoot
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 2239

I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)

View Profile
November 05, 2013, 11:10:24 PM

Interesting. I'd have to say that my JP made back it's money (bought in Jan 2013, arrived Sept 1, mining ever since, 1.78btc or so now) but I won't buy another miner. I got lucky and unlike most I know when to recognize luck.
bigb159

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 03:37:22 PM
Last edit: November 06, 2013, 03:48:12 PM by bigb159

I also just recently broke even on 1 jally. Got a call from this number which disconnected. I ordered in Dec 2012, so maybe they're going down a list.
I'm not going to be ordering mining gear from anyone for a while. I've been buying up GH/s at Cex.io (see my sig) when they go under 0.1BTC as an immediate way to grow my BTC.
GigaWave

Activity: 239

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 04:02:52 PM

Funny, as I was reading this I received the call. Sounded like a woman of India descent.

They offered a 20% discount code with a 7 day expiration. I told her I was not interested due to the treatment by BFL. She then rebuttled by saying she could offer the discount with no expiration. To which I ranted a bit more how I would not order anything unless it was in stock and I don't believe that would ever happen with BFL, but I would accept the code for the heck of it. She seemed to miss the 'for the heck of it' part, or didn't care to give it out anymore at that point and said she understands and ended the call.  Probably for the best, as it will likely just collect dust and disappear like my 'first month 20% discount' and chip credits.  Really pathetic and sad they ran a company with so much potential into the ground.
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 04:23:15 PM

Really pathetic and sad they ran a company with so much potential into the ground.

With Inaba / Josh Zerlan at the helm as COO, running the company into the ground is a certainty if his history is any indicator of his trustworthiness, accuracy, and timeliness.

They can't go bankrupt or be prosecuted soon enough.
AtlasONo

Activity: 551

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 04:54:02 PM

I think they are using an Indian call center, the reps likely have no idea about BFL's history. I told them off anyway. They offered 20% off and said they had been trying to send me a discount code. I doubt there was any trying involved.
polrpaul

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Love the Bitcoin.

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 04:56:27 PM

I also received a call but didn't answer it in time - no voice-mail. Happy to learn what it was all about, so thanks.

I would have preferred they left our original discounts in place as "loyal customers".

BTC.sx - Leveraged Bitcoin Trading. Simply use Bitcoin to take advantage of a rising or falling Bitcoin price.
volosator

Activity: 272

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 05:09:28 PM

Nina called this morning asking if I'm happy with the product I own. I wanted to say no, since unit is clocked to 60Gh/s, even it is capable of running faster if not capped, and it is loud, and efficiency is next to nothing compared to bitfury or KNC, but I had my wife sleeping and I said yes to end the conversation faster.

She said something about 20% off in a form of coupon, she will email it to me. Coupon works for the future orders only. Not sure if I want to buy anything from BFL going forward.

The phone number was 866-723-3108
rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 05:13:00 PM

i guess they didnt had new orders for some time ... and they start to panic ....  Cheesy
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 05:15:00 PM

Coupon works for the future orders only. Not sure if I want to buy anything from BFL going forward.

Not sure?  Really.  After the long string of complete and utter failures by BFL they are only to the level of "not sure".  Maybe there is hope for BFL after all.  They don't need to be the best just need enough customers who are "not sure".

volosator

Activity: 272

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 06:53:14 PM

Not sure?  Really.  After the long string of complete and utter failures by BFL they are only to the level of "not sure".  Maybe there is hope for BFL after all.  They don't need to be the best just need enough customers who are "not sure".

I was being polite, that's it!
Epoch
Legendary

Activity: 922
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 07:44:41 PM

I got lucky and unlike most I know when to recognize luck.
The most sensible statement I've read all day.
bitminer9

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 08:28:24 PM

I got a call today also.  Sounded like it was coming from a call center.  Seemed a bit sketchy..
Yogafan00000

Activity: 314
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 08:37:52 PM

I got a call as well.  I answered and announced my name.

All I heard was a beep, then a disconnect.   Undecided

1YogAFA... (oh, nevermind)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: