Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 06:01:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL calling "loyal" customers (from +1-866-723-3108)  (Read 6179 times)
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 4282

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 08:41:09 PM

LOLOL

just got this also, was almost shouting at the poor dude by the end

"I could have taken the schedule slippage and blown power budget, but the continual obfuscation, lying and abuse of customers by Josh was totally unacceptable.  In spite of actually receiving hardware that has paid for itself I will not be making any further purchases from BFL"

or words to that effect, perhaps with a few expletives sprinkled in

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
Censorship of e-gold was easy. Censorship of Bitcoin will be… entertaining.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 08:42:05 PM

Funny, as I was reading this I received the call. Sounded like a woman of India descent.

They offered a 20% discount code with a 7 day expiration. I told her I was not interested due to the treatment by BFL. She then rebuttled by saying she could offer the discount with no expiration. To which I ranted a bit more how I would not order anything unless it was in stock and I don't believe that would ever happen with BFL, but I would accept the code for the heck of it. She seemed to miss the 'for the heck of it' part, or didn't care to give it out anymore at that point and said she understands and ended the call.  Probably for the best, as it will likely just collect dust and disappear like my 'first month 20% discount' and chip credits.  Really pathetic and sad they ran a company with so much potential into the ground.

Indian accent you say?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=320996.msg3436735#msg3436735
FeedbackLoop

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 08:48:03 PM

LOLOL

just got this also, was almost shouting at the poor dude by the end

"I could have taken the schedule slippage and blown power budget, but the continual obfuscation, lying and abuse of customers by Josh was totally unacceptable.  In spite of actually receiving hardware that has paid for itself I will not be making any further purchases from BFL"

or words to that effect, perhaps with a few expletives sprinkled in

Maybe the true goal of these calls are to enable "customers" to vent against some low-cost call center person thus reducing possible windfalls against the BFL people.
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 04:57:32 PM

I got the call too just now.  Same number as volosator reports.

Sounded like a call center.  She said her name was "Marith" I think.

She asked how I felt about my purchases, and I said that the hardware was working fine, but delivery was way too late, and that I wished I hadn't bought them.

She apologized, and asked if I planned to "upgrade" in the future.  I told her "No, I don't have faith that Monarch will be delivered on-time either."

She then gave me a coupon code good for 20% off future orders, and said that the code was good for one week.

What a joke.

I should have asked if the code was transferrable.  Maybe there's a sucker out there who would buy it.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 05:08:12 PM

To those getting the calls try to remember none of these unlucky employees work for BFL.  Their company bosses signed a contract for BFL so they make calls for BFL.  Hell 99% of them probably have no clue what mining or a mining rig is.   They are just phone jockeys.  The computer dials your number and they follow a script and try not to take the attacks they know are coming personal.

So try now to lash into these people.   This thread brings back bad memories.  My first IT job was customer support for Cannon.  <shudder>  although it did get better when I moved over to the professional SLR department.
Bogart
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 05:24:23 PM

Yeah D&T, I was well aware, and made sure I was polite, while still expressing how I truly felt about the products and my experience as a customer.

I said thanks and wished her a nice day at the end of the call.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
jojo69
Legendary

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 05:26:04 PM

conspicuous lack of Josh in this thread

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 05:29:55 PM

Yeah D&T, I was well aware, and made sure I was polite, while still expressing how I truly felt about the products and my experience as a customer.

Thats good.  It wasn't directed at you just maybe some BFL customers who haven't got a call and will in the future will see that.  You did the right thing.  If your unhappy let them know your unhappy but in a civil way.  BFL will probably get transcripts, notes, and summaries.  Not sure it will do any good but Josh seems to think most BFL customers are happy customers and the forums just have a few loudmouth malcontents.  Maybe if they get a summary that 95%+ of calls had a negative view of the company/product it will wake them up.  Probably not but it can't hurt.
Kneedle

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 05:49:46 PM

I also received this call on Nov 7.  After her first question ' did someone there purchase equipment from Butterfly labs ', I said what pretty much the same thing everyone on this thread has said:

"Keep the coupon, I'm never doing business with Butterfly labs again."

trepex (OP)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 06:19:14 PM

I think the people calling have really no idea about what they are talking about.
She said "You are happy with your Jalapeno?" - so knowing I have this slow box.
I had been happy with my first one. So she then said "I hope you will make some more Bitcoin in
the future with it."
I just realized that she really had no clue about what a Jalapeno (even he 7 Gh version) can/will earn me in BTC.

trepex

Will work for BTC and DEM (eMark)   No joke!   Network, WiFi, IPv6
Beste Bank für den BTC Handel: Fidor Bank, Partner von bitcoin.de und Kraken.com   Registrierung: https://banking.fidor.de/registrierung?ibid=43713861
Threader

Activity: 406

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 06:27:53 PM

conspicuous lack of Josh in this thread
Business must be good as he doesn't see the need to come here and drum up new business by pissing gasoline on the fires
mootinator

Activity: 274

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 06:53:25 PM

I took the 20% off coupon.

My jalapeno arrived on time to earn me 0.3 bitcoins *and* double my original investment on eBay.

Maybe I'll buy a mining by the GH lottery ticket with it Tongue

Though I'd feel a bit dirty doing that given the number of people they've totally screwed over.

No
Threader

Activity: 406

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 06:59:48 PM

I took the 20% off coupon.

My jalapeno arrived on time to earn me 0.3 bitcoins *and* double my original investment on eBay.

Maybe I'll buy a mining by the GH lottery ticket with it Tongue

Though I'd feel a bit dirty doing that given the number of people they've totally screwed over.

Even an 80% off coupon is useless by the time you actually get the hardware its too late with BFL
Bogart
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 09:04:45 PM

I don't see why anyone would order a Monarch now.  They're advertising 600Ghps for $4680 for Jan/Feb delivery (Nov/Dec delivery is sold out).

I could instead order up a 3-module CoinCraft Desk from bitmine.ch for January delivery for $4349 that promises 600Ghps nominal, and 900Ghps in "turbo mode".

And that's ignoring BFL's history of massively late deliveries.

So....if anyone wants my 20% off coupon code for some purpose, here it is.  It's supposedly good for one week beginning today:

BFL-357829

Do post a reply here please if you successfully redeem it.

Photon939

Activity: 452

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 09:15:25 PM

I don't see why anyone would order a Monarch now.  They're advertising 600Ghps for $4680 for Jan/Feb delivery (Nov/Dec delivery is sold out).

I could instead order up a 3-module CoinCraft Desk from bitmine.ch for January delivery for $4349 that promises 600Ghps nominal, and 900Ghps in "turbo mode".

And that's ignoring BFL's history of massively late deliveries.

So....if anyone wants my 20% off coupon code for some purpose, here it is.  It's supposedly good for one week beginning today:

BFL-357829

Do post a reply here please if you successfully redeem it.

I asked the lady that called me, they are non-transferable. Pretty sure they couldn't get any more worthless
jojo69
Legendary

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 09:16:09 PM

now there is a true testimonial to the "value" of these vouchers, lol

Ghrindy

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 09:20:13 PM

Thats good.  It wasn't directed at you just maybe some BFL customers who haven't got a call and will in the future will see that.  You did the right thing.  If your unhappy let them know your unhappy but in a civil way.  BFL will probably get transcripts, notes, and summaries.  Not sure it will do any good but Josh seems to think most BFL customers are happy customers and the forums just have a few loudmouth malcontents.  Maybe if they get a summary that 95%+ of calls had a negative view of the company/product it will wake them up.  Probably not but it can't hurt.

+1
Bogart
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 09:20:29 PM

Did they ever bring their "preorder marketplace" online?

Not that I have enough risk appetite to try it.

bandjhughes

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 09:35:52 PM

This is kind of freaky.  While reading through these messages, my cell phone starts ringing...yep it's 1-866-723-3108. I didn't answer because I'm done with BFL.  I ordered my Jalapeno on 1 April (April fool's day--I should have known) when the website gave me the impression that delivery would be in a couple months, then I sent more $$ for the 2G upgrade when it came out.  My Jalapeno arrived less than two weeks ago (taking over 6 1/2 months vs 2 months).  As most everyone knows, difficulty has exponentially exploded and there's zero chance of ever recouping costs.  So my first purchase is my only purchase I will ever make with BFL.

I think the only way to make money from BFL would be if the company went public...short their stock.  Angry
CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060

between a rock and a block!

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 10:04:08 PM

I received the same call this morning.  I was asked if I was happy with the SC.  I pointed out that I doubt it will make back what I paid for it.
I was then offered a discount for the Monarch product.  I was polite and said that by the time it will be delivered it won't make any money so I will hold off on purchasing it for now (being polite).  The poor lady asked if she could email me the code if i changed my mind later, I said sure.  Received that email pretty much right away.

I don't know what to make of this other than the sales are being worked aggressively now by BFL which could indicate cash-flow/solvency problems. (<-- this is absolutely speculation on my part, I have no info other than the sales call/tactic to go on).  The other thought is that given all the VC activity around btc, maybe they want to sell and to inflate the price, they want to show as much "booked" orders as humanly possible...  No matter what the situation, I will conclude that they will not meet expected delivery dates on Monarch because if they were able to finally deliver as promised, their sales would explode once again with people believing that BFL has solved that issue and it's safe to order.

Whatever the situation, nothing positive about this, from my perspective...
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: