Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 02:29:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I was just offered a merit trade-off  (Read 201 times)
Mc_Moneysack (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 5

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 02:34:51 PM

A member of this forum just approached me via personal message and suggested to me to "trade" merits. So for giving him merit he would give me the same amount back.
While I was at first inclined to accept this offer, I have decided to do the right thing and raise awareness for this issue, since I am quite sure that things like these happen all the time.

Any suggestions on what would be the appropriate steps to take? I am not a fan of naming and shaming but maybe this would be the right thing to do.

I am also not very enthusiastic about the merit system but still think that we should all play by the rules and earn our merit.

SHIVOM  ──  The Future is your Genome! Own it.
Join our Token Campaign!  ──  https://shivom.io/
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RYXES

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

Merit me or don't.

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 02:36:08 PM

No one likes a rat.

Merit me or don't.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2432

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 02:46:03 PM

Do you really want to risk your reputation for four merits. That's 2 sMerits you might have, and 2 more from the four that he sends you.

I'm not sure why you even felt that it was worth asking the board.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
Cobalt9317
Copper Member

Activity: 434
Merit: 278

Offering Escrow 0.5 % fee

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 03:05:24 PM

A member of this forum just approached me via personal message and suggested to me to "trade" merits. So for giving him merit he would give me the same amount back.
While I was at first inclined to accept this offer, I have decided to do the right thing and raise awareness for this issue, since I am quite sure that things like these happen all the time.

Any suggestions on what would be the appropriate steps to take? I am not a fan of naming and shaming but maybe this would be the right thing to do.

I am also not very enthusiastic about the merit system but still think that we should all play by the rules and earn our merit.
Luckily you didn't get involve in hippie dippy shenanigans just remember the old way of this forum to get known each other is the only way and don't worry such flaws of merit system is inevitable and having a good judgement about the matter saves your well being, you will feel physically good in the next following days for such acts that you exposed.

No one likes a rat.
And we are preventing it for uploading an avatar that resembles a cat, I might get one of those avatar soon.  Grin

Do you really want to risk your reputation for four merits. That's 2 sMerits you might have, and 2 more from the four that he sends you.

Speaking of cat I thought you were going to used the Talk Merit alt to talk about merit?
Mc_Moneysack (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 03:06:12 PM

No of course I don’t,  but I suppose there would be subtle ways of hiding the trade. Being tempted by an easy gain is quite human I would say.

I have asked the board for advice since I didn’t want to overstep by rating out another member. As I saw, there seem to be different views regarding the trade with merits.

Talk merit

Activity: 244
Merit: 17

Register for Fit to Talk through me

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 03:10:04 PM

>..<
Speaking of cat I thought you were going to used the Talk Merit alt to talk about merit?
[/quote]

I was/am, but I only had one browser open at the time. I was cruising the boards looking for posts to merit, but I didn't have much luck.

The Talk Merit projects
 - Jet Cash has set up a number of projects for Bitcoin Talk members Click here to see the list.
TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 03:10:54 PM

No of course I don’t,  but I suppose there would be subtle ways of hiding the trade. Being tempted by an easy gain is quite human I would say.

I have asked the board for advice since I didn’t want to overstep by rating out another member. As I saw, there seem to be different views regarding the trade with merits.

you did the right thing fella, don't worry about it - although dependent on who it is you may want to forward the PM to someone on DT, but that is totally your call.

███████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
Mc_Moneysack (OP)

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 03:31:20 PM

Just click "Report To Admin" hyperlink on that PM offer and fill in the reason (which is merit trade attempt in this case), problem solved.

Cheers will do that!

KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 03:32:50 PM

the merit system is broken garbage, it will get destroyed for good reasons, and the admins will become surveilance monsters.... then sooner or later no one will like to use this forum anymore.

i compare the merit system with central banks, you are loosing against them if you are not part of the elite that is controlling and faking a "just" system with them

this forum has no interest in giving merit, at all, everyone seeks to gain trusted attention only "god" can help you in this.

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 3010

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 03:41:12 PM

Post a screenshot of the message here, and to be helpful, a link to his profile.

I will tag it, as trading merits goes against the intention of the system.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!

OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 3010

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 03:42:03 PM

No one likes a rat.

I love rats.  Smiley

If no one reported anything, this forum would be overrun with Quicksellers.  :/

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!

OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: