Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:00:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Updated 2] Making trust system great again!  (Read 210 times)
InvoKing (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065

✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 03:05:24 PM
Last edit: April 06, 2018, 03:34:43 PM by InvoKing

Ok this will not definitely make the trust system better but I could say it will be the first step to correct it.
My proposal is simple : make side to side the default trusting and a new one.
1- Centralised trust aka default trust : like everyone knows...
2- Decentralised/personalised trust : where everyone is asked to add & exclude members =~creating something similar to default trust (with people in depth 1...etc)
So we will have then something similar to this under our avatar :
PTrust:   1: -0 / +1  (personalised trust)
DTrust:   0: -0 / +0  (default trust)
A transition period could be determined or both could be kept.
I personally didn't want to do anything to my trust settings, i prefer to have the DT all the time.
-just a suggestion and I will pass-

Update :
Well I am literally trying to find a solution and will write what my mind told me.

- Every user will start with a variable X points.
- Adding a member to your network => he will receive an equivalent of your X points.
- Removing him then he will loose the points that you already gave it to him.
- Excluding him and he will loose an equivalent of your X points.
So PT (personalised trust) score will be like this = your X points plus number of received X points from others adding you minus number of received X points from others excluding you.

For example :
User1 has initially 5 points.
User2 has initially 10 points.
User3 has initially 25 points.
User2 trusts user1, user3 excluded user1 then the final score of user1 will be Total (T) = 5 + 10 - 25 = -10.
PT:   T : - number of negative feedbacks / + number of positive feedbacks
=> T is independent from feedbacks, it is related to how many people trusting you.

- X is calculated considering your activity (A), positive trade comments in your trust (T), number of reported posts (Rp) and received smerit (Sm) +/- negative trust feedbacks/proven scam (N/S).

A = +1 point for every 100 activity (1 point if less than 100, 2 points from 100 to 199...)
T = +2 point for every 5 successful/positive trade comments when implementing the system (1 points if less than 5, 2 points from 5 to 9 then 4 points from 10 to 14...) [it has to be verified manually by sending a pm to a dedicated staff member for this and feedback about scam, cheat, abuse do not count]
Rp = +1 for every 100 reported post (1 point if less than 100, 2 points from 100 to 199...)
Sm = +1 point for every 50 received smerit when implementing the system (1 point if less than 50, 2 points from 50 to 99...)
N/S = 1 or 0. 0 if the user is a proven scammer. 1 if not. +/- means this proposition could be considered.

X= A * T * RP * Sm (* N/S +/-)
X is somehow a score that will permit to classify users in this forum independently from DT system. It shows your weight in the forum and this score is calculated only once when the system will be implemented and cannot be modified.

Well the number of points could be obviously modified and even implementing 1/2 or 1/4 could be done.

PSPD:law and order enforcement!
Press Section Police Department!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Talk merit

Activity: 244
Merit: 17

Register for Fit to Talk through me

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 03:16:35 PM

I haven't had much to do with trust as I don't do any trading, but I'm starting to think that it should be associated with some of the breaches of the community merit rules. Exchanging merits, and buying and selling them is an intent to deceive the forum and its members, and I think it indicates a lack of moral fibre. This will probably influence the trading policy of the member in question.

I'm not sure that I understand how your proposal differs from the existing system.

The Talk Merit projects
 - Jet Cash has set up a number of projects for Bitcoin Talk members Click here to see the list.
EcuaMobi
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1469

https://Ecua.Mobi

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 03:24:28 PM

2- Decentralised/personalised trust : where everyone is asked to add & exclude members =~creating something similar to default trust (with people in depth 1...etc)
So we will have then something similar to this under our avatar :
PTrust:   1: -0 / +1  (personalised trust)
DTrust:   0: -0 / +0  (default trust)
A transition period could be determined...

So basically you want to force everyone to customize their trust list instead of using the default list?
That is something already being considered by theymos:

I've been seriously thinking about reopening the idea of enforcing user-defined trust lists via suggestions, etc., deprecating DefaultTrust.

Generated how?

Currently it's the same as I described here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=914641.0 . That's from 2015, so maybe it could be improved. Also, instead of hard-forcing people to set trust as I described there, I think I'd instead have the trust link be red on every person, saying something like "Warning: you need to set your trust!".

InvoKing (OP)
Legendary

✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 03:32:17 PM

I haven't had much to do with trust as I don't do any trading, but I'm starting to think that it should be associated with some of the breaches of the community merit rules. Exchanging merits, and buying and selling them is an intent to deceive the forum and its members, and I think it indicates a lack of moral fibre. This will probably influence the trading policy of the member in question.

I'm not sure that I understand how your proposal differs from the existing system.
I want to have my own trust where I qualify X because he is a trusted member of the community and disqualify Y because he is trading merit for example. I want to keep always an eye on the DT, i don't want to add for example a trusted member because merely 80% of his trust are about broken English and bought accounts...
I don't know if people will understand what i am trying to say. This idea passed from my deep mind to my keyboard without being reviewed by the supreme court to validate it.

-snip-
Thanks will take a look on it.

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3050

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 03:58:48 PM

So basically you want to force everyone to customize their trust list instead of using the default list?

I don't think doing such a thing will stop the trust farming by DT1 members.  As long as you can gain positive trust by adding someone to your trust network, it will be abused.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 02:39:41 AM

I don't think doing such a thing will stop the trust farming by DT1 members.  As long as you can gain positive trust by adding someone to your trust network, it will be abused.

Who on the DT1 is farming trust currently? IIRC there was a thread that reviewed that recently and a few people changed their lists?
ducdr

Activity: 147
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 03:54:32 AM

Haha, you are right, Vod! Abusers always find their new approach, new stragegy to abuse systems, including trust, rank, merit. Adjusted current systems more, they will adapted to change and keep abusing new updated systems. That's the fact, something like natural selection process.
However, with stricter rules updated and integrated to current system, abusers have to changed somehow and I believe they will be changed somehow to be better ones (part of them will change to be real good users in the forum, just my hope).
InvoKing (OP)
Legendary

✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2018, 02:49:51 PM
Last edit: April 06, 2018, 03:32:54 PM by InvoKing

Well I am literally trying to find a solution and will write what my mind told me.

- Every user will start with a variable X points.
- Adding a member to your network => he will receive an equivalent of your X points.
- Removing him then he will loose the points that you already gave it to him.
- Excluding him and he will loose an equivalent of your X points.
So PT (personalised trust) score will be like this = your X points plus number of received X points from others adding you minus number of received X points from others excluding you.

For example :
User1 has initially 5 points.
User2 has initially 10 points.
User3 has initially 25 points.
User2 trusts user1, user3 excluded user1 then the final score of user1 will be Total (T) = 5 + 10 - 25 = -10.
PT:   T : - number of negative feedbacks / + number of positive feedbacks
=> T is independent from feedbacks, it is related to how many people trusting you.

- X is calculated considering your rank (R), activity (A), positive trade comments in your trust (T), number of reported posts (Rp) and received smerit (Sm) +/- negative trust feedbacks/proven scam (N/S).
R = 1 point for newbie & jr / 2 member / 3 for full member / 4 senior / 5 hero / 6 legendary / 7 staff / 8 global / 10 admins
A = +1 point for every 100 activity (1 point if less than 100, 2 points from 100 to 199...)
T = +2 point for every 5 successful/positive trade comments when implementing the system (1 points if less than 5, 2 points from 5 to 9 then 4 points from 10 to 14...) [it has to be verified manually by sending a pm to a dedicated staff member for this and feedback about scam, cheat, abuse do not count]
Rp = +1 for every 100 reported post (1 point if less than 100, 2 points from 100 to 199...)
Sm = +1 point for every 50 received smerit when implementing the system (1 point if less than 50, 2 points from 50 to 99...)
N/S = 1 or 0. 0 if the user is a proven scammer. 1 if not. +/- means this proposition could be considered.

X= A * T * RP * Sm (* N/S +/-)
X is somehow a score that will permit to classify users in this forum independently from DT system. It shows your weight in the forum and this score is calculated only once when the system will be implemented and cannot be modified.

Well the number of points could be obviously modified and even implementing 1/2 or 1/4 could be done.

mithrim

Activity: 434
Merit: 436

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 10:29:25 AM

True, but if there'd be a (guided) process for generating your own trust list, the additional benefit would be that a lot more people would actually understand it. Because as I see it, the majority of BCT users doesn't even know how it works, only that red/negative trust is bad but they have no clue how it comes to red trust unless they are affected by it in any way. Imo a system - no matter what system -  only works if the majority understands and uses it (correctly).
InvoKing (OP)
Legendary

✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2018, 04:04:38 AM

Everyday you come across a fight regarding the trust system, you discover how bad and sometimes how corrupt it is (=abuse of power).
I don't think my proposition is very good but creating an automated way to generate points to increase or decrease trust points of users depending how many people trust them could be considered.
The problem is in long term with the considerable number of alts of many users, forcing 1 ip per trust rating? prohibiting this kind of stuff which could result in permanent ban?
Good luck theymos with this mess...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: