Bitcoin Forum
November 24, 2017, 11:35:57 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][Datacoin] Datacoin blockchain start announcement (Minor code upd + logo)  (Read 159393 times)
extro24

Activity: 314

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 07:31:59 PM

www.datacointalk.org leads to storj.io.

mstg (mstfck?) I see you are making contributions to both Storj and Metadisk as well.  Does this mean you are working on both Storj and Datacoin?  Are you maintaining the integration between Datacoin and Storj? 

Thanks very much for datacoin.js.

Join ICO Now Coinlancer is Disrupting the Freelance marketplace!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
K1773R
Legendary

Activity: 1680

/dev/null

View Profile
November 20, 2014, 12:32:01 PM

mstg (mstfck?) I see you are making contributions to both Storj and Metadisk as well.  Does this mean you are working on both Storj and Datacoin?  Are you maintaining the integration between Datacoin and Storj? 

it seems he took the domain for more visitors @ storj.io
he could have forked the original datacoin repo, instead he created a new repo (this is a shady process).

[GPG Public Key]  [Devcoin Builds]  [BBQCoin Builds]  [Multichain Blockexplorer]  [Multichain Blockexplorer - PoS Coins]  [Ufasoft Miner Linux Builds]
BTC/DVC/TRC/FRC: 1K1773RbXRZVRQSSXe9N6N2MUFERvrdu6y ANC/XPM AK1773RTmRKtvbKBCrUu95UQg5iegrqyeA NMC: NK1773Rzv8b4ugmCgX789PbjewA9fL9Dy1 LTC: LKi773RBuPepQH8E6Zb1ponoCvgbU7hHmd EMC: EK1773RxUes1HX1YAGMZ1xVYBBRUCqfDoF BQC: bK1773R1APJz4yTgRkmdKQhjhiMyQpJgfN
gdassori

Activity: 938

View Profile
November 26, 2014, 09:31:51 PM

Just to know.. without polemize.. but is this project SO dead that the admin didn't renewed the datacoin.info domain, neither?

mstfck

Activity: 79

I was hacked. Sorry for any scam that occured.

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 01:31:14 PM

he could have forked the original datacoin repo, instead he created a new repo (this is a shady process).

Nothing shady at all actually. I just wanted to have an official repo. Just go review the code if you are so paranoid. Datacoin community seems dead, but Storj looks promising. So I decided to leave Datacoin as is and moved over to Storj. Correct me if I am wrong.

I was inactive on this forum and apparently someone got my credentials and used my account in scams.
I have changed the password and I am sorry for any scam that occured.
K1773R
Legendary

/dev/null

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 04:16:56 PM

mstg (mstfck?) I see you are making contributions to both Storj and Metadisk as well.  Does this mean you are working on both Storj and Datacoin?  Are you maintaining the integration between Datacoin and Storj?  

Nothing shady at all actually. I just wanted to have an official repo. Just go review the code if you are so paranoid. Datacoin community seems dead, but Storj looks promising. So I decided to leave Datacoin as is and moved over to Storj. Correct me if I am wrong.
then do a fork and add your changes. if you dont, all the history of development (git history) is lost. ppl who dont fork are usual too stupid too or they have nasty things in mind, like including (little) malicous changes. no offense tough.

[GPG Public Key]  [Devcoin Builds]  [BBQCoin Builds]  [Multichain Blockexplorer]  [Multichain Blockexplorer - PoS Coins]  [Ufasoft Miner Linux Builds]
BTC/DVC/TRC/FRC: 1K1773RbXRZVRQSSXe9N6N2MUFERvrdu6y ANC/XPM AK1773RTmRKtvbKBCrUu95UQg5iegrqyeA NMC: NK1773Rzv8b4ugmCgX789PbjewA9fL9Dy1 LTC: LKi773RBuPepQH8E6Zb1ponoCvgbU7hHmd EMC: EK1773RxUes1HX1YAGMZ1xVYBBRUCqfDoF BQC: bK1773R1APJz4yTgRkmdKQhjhiMyQpJgfN
GameKyuubi

Activity: 239

DTCxDASH

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 01:07:06 PM

Is there a nice, complete list of dependencies for the Datacoin fork on GitHub?  I'm stuck in dependency hell just trying to get it working.

BTC: 15SLrNo6PKVfsH5JLtatJcVkSQXCk1LXyq
full stack Node
K1773R
Legendary

/dev/null

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 07:00:28 PM

Is there a nice, complete list of dependencies for the Datacoin fork on GitHub?  I'm stuck in dependency hell just trying to get it working.
see /doc

homo homini lupus

Activity: 70

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 08:10:28 AM

piratebay was raided and taken offline by police. Prepare to become extremely rich with providing the alternative.

Can you do it? We count on you!

DTC is needed for torrents. This is such a golden project you can't even imagine.
annafreud

Activity: 6

Datacoin Support

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 07:54:11 PM

As far as I see DTC is working fine.
List of dependencies is the same as for Bitcoin + libgmp-dev.
Are you trying to compile it or something else?

Here is an actual repo with new working seed nodes: https://github.com/datacoin-project/datacoin

datacoinnews @ twitter | /r/Datacoin @ reddit
annafreud

Datacoin Support

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 08:01:05 PM

piratebay was raided and taken offline by police. Prepare to become extremely rich with providing the alternative.

DTC is needed for torrents. This is such a golden project you can't even imagine.

Definitely.
A related discussion has been started today at reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Datacoin/comments/2ovhqz/unless_i_am_misunderstanding_something_datacoin/
You are welcome to join Wink

homo homini lupus

Activity: 70

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 09:30:15 PM

Definitely.
A related discussion has been started today at reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Datacoin/comments/2ovhqz/unless_i_am_misunderstanding_something_datacoin/
You are welcome to join Wink

reddit buggs for me. Can't register somehow.

But datacoin is golden, golden, golden because of an hardcore usecase and potential enormous demand i can tell you that. Go DTC!
mstfck

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 01:50:55 PM

Yes, a torrent system based on Datacoin would be amazing, even though there is other alternatives. It is worth it because it is raw data in the blockchain, not metadata.

I was inactive on this forum and apparently someone got my credentials and used my account in scams.
MarcusDe

Activity: 736

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2014, 10:01:17 AM

http://dtc.graymines.net/index.php?id=blocks still up, it costs me 60$/month so I will move it to much cheaper server before and of 2014.

Well, I see alot of power added to network last days (solo or other mine) :-)

Good for DTC!

Please guys contact bter or other exchanges, we have to make noise to be listened!
Without exchange DTC is dead :-/

BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 10:09:56 AM

TPB event is an open door for DTC
Storj provides the (physicals) HDD, but DTC is the data (particularly the index keys for finding on StorJ)
efforts could be combined

.SPECTRE.                ▄▄███▄▄
            ▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄
▄▄      ▄▄███▀▀ ▄▄███▄▄ ▀▀███▄▄      ▄▄
████▄▄  ▀▀▀ ▄▄███████████▄▄ ▀▀▀  ▄▄████
  ▀▀████▄    ▀▀█████████▀▀    ▄████▀▀
 ██▄▄ ▀██ █▄▄    ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄▄█ ██▀ ▄▄██
 ▀▀███ ██ █████▄       ▄█████ ██ ███▀▀
      ██ ███████▄   ▄███████ ██
       ██ ████████   ████████ ██
       ██▄▄ ▀▀████   ████▀▀ ▄▄██
        ▀▀███▄▄ ▀▀   ▀▀ ▄▄███▀▀
            ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
                ▀▀███▀▀
             │
     │      ███
     │      ███
    │     ███
███  │     ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███     │
███ ███     │
    │

▬▬     WHITEPAPER    ▬▬
FACEBOOK     TELEGRAM
TWITTER     SLACK     MEDIUM
PRE-SALE.
PUBLIC SALE.
mstfck

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 12:34:40 PM

TPB event is an open door for DTC
Storj provides the (physicals) HDD, but DTC is the data (particularly the index keys for finding on StorJ)
efforts could be combined

No. First Storj version used DTC yes, but they have moved to Florincoin, and before final release I believe Factom will be used.

annafreud

Datacoin Support

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 03:42:22 PM

http://dtc.graymines.net/index.php?id=blocks still up, it costs me 60$/month so I will move it to much cheaper server before and of 2014.

Well, I see alot of power added to network last days (solo or other mine) :-)

Good for DTC!

Please guys contact bter or other exchanges, we have to make noise to be listened!
Without exchange DTC is dead :-/

Working pool is a great news. I've sent a link to reddit. Does it work with CPU miners?

Coins-e seems to still work with DTC:
https://www.coins-e.com/exchange/DTC_BTC/

I've contacted bter. We have an ongoing discussion but they still don't tell symptoms of the problem they have.

dlightman

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 09:25:31 PM

Yes, a torrent system based on Datacoin would be amazing, even though there is other alternatives. It is worth it because it is raw data in the blockchain, not metadata.

I've started a year ago implementing torrent catalog inside Datacoin blockchain. You can see some drafts using oocook5u's datacoin-browser in testnet: http://localhost:8080/dtc-testnet/get/ad4f39667cbdccc51da2bdbe857e036d62ee6240005d554ac614cddf8f1cc20d (wait until it will reach 21340th block). You need to run dtc-http-server.pl to check this.

I think this is the time to restart this work from scratch. Here is my proposal:

In order to have a censorship protected torrent catalog we have to create database that consists of entries of the following structure:

1. magnet link
2. creative work metadata (movie title, actors, ...)
3. torrent metadata (video quality, video length, codec, ...)

Creative work metadata are widely presented in the Web and I don't think we have to copy them into the blockchain. We can use linked data instead: links to wikidata/imdb/rottentomato/... and to other data we can download and parse easily.

Below is an example of such an entry created from TPB item (13127745/Star-Wars-Episode-V-The-Empire-Strikes-Back-1980-720p-6-1ch-BRRip-AAC-x264-GeekRG-Isohunt-to) with comments. I use JSON LD format and schema.org vocabulary. JSON LD seems to be a bit fat, schema.org needs to be extended for our task but I don't see better solution now.

Code:
{
   // Header: this is a video and a pointer to vocabulary
   "@type":"VideoObject",
   "@context":{
      "@vocab":"http://schema.org/"
   },

// 1: Magnet link
   "contentUrl":"magnet:?xt=urn:btih:e6a1247014fac644a6487687f1ce14f20eecabc3&dn=Star+Wars+Episode+V+-+The+Empire+Strikes+Back+%281980%29+720p+6.1ch+BRRip+AAC+x264+-+%5BGeekRG%5D+%5BIsohunt.to%5D&xl=1029974649&dl=1029974649&tr=udp://open.demonii.com:1337/announce&tr=udp://tracker.leechers-paradise.org:6969/announce&tr=udp://tracker.publicbt.com:80/announce&tr=udp://9.rarbg.com:2710/announce",

// 2: Creative work metadata: links to wikidata and imdb.
   //    There is no reason to copy them because it isn't likely
   //    they will be suddenly disappear from Web.
   "encodesCreativeWork":[
      {
         "@type":"Movie",
         "SameAs/wikidata":"Q181795",
         "SameAs/imdb":"tt0080684"
      }
   ],

// 3: Torrent metadata: here schema.org lacks of required properties.
   //    Missing properties have slashes in names.
   "encodingFormat":"mpeg4",
   "encodingFormat/videoCodec":"AVC",
   "encodingFormat/frameRate":"23.976fps",
   "encodingFormat/audioCodec":"HE-AAC",
   "encodingFormat/audioRate":"48KHz",
   "encodingFormat/audioChannels":"6",
   "width":"1280",
   "height":"544",
   "inLanguage/audio":"en",
   "inLanguage/subtitles":"en",
   "Duration":"PT2H7M"
}

Technically this is enough to rebuild a very rich media database on each PC having blockchain downloaded: all details can be requested from wikidata, imdb and other external sources.

User can browse and query such a database locally by title, actors' names, video quality, audio language etc. Clicking on magnet link he will start a download with his torrent client.

This work will require a lot of manual work to establish relations between magnet links and wikidata/imdb/rottentomatos/... databases because existing TPB data are very unstructured. Volunteers doing this work can be compensated in DTC by commutiny.

Any thoughts?

DTC: DKnxm6a8CeQQcEjznWhwZtg1ZziFFUTbhm
LTC: LNAjpMnvUKvAt4q25xqKuzjXVQpFwxg8uk
K1773R
Legendary

/dev/null

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 09:27:18 PM

I've started a year ago implementing torrent catalog inside Datacoin blockchain. You can see some drafts using oocook5u's datacoin-browser in testnet: http://localhost:8080/dtc-testnet/get/ad4f39667cbdccc51da2bdbe857e036d62ee6240005d554ac614cddf8f1cc20d (wait until it will reach 21340th block). You need to run dtc-http-server.pl to check this.

I think this is the time to restart this work from scratch. Here is my proposal:

In order to have a censorship protected torrent catalog we have to store database that consists of entries of the following structure:

1. magnet link

Creative work metadata are widely presented in the Web and I don't think we have to copy them into the blockchain. We can use linked data instead: links to wikidata/imdb/rottentomato/... and to other data we can download and parse easily.

Below is an example of such an entry created from TPB item (13127745/Star-Wars-Episode-V-The-Empire-Strikes-Back-1980-720p-6-1ch-BRRip-AAC-x264-GeekRG-Isohunt-to) with comments. I use JSON LD format and schema.org vocabulary. JSON LD seems to be a bit fat, schema.org needs to be extended for our task but I don't see better solution now.

Code:
{
   // Header: this is a video and a pointer to vocabulary
   "@type":"VideoObject",
   "@context":{
      "@vocab":"http://schema.org/"
   },
   // 1: Magnet link
   "contentUrl":"magnet:?xt=urn:btih:e6a1247014fac644a6487687f1ce14f20eecabc3&dn=Star+Wars+Episode+V+-+The+Empire+Strikes+Back+%281980%29+720p+6.1ch+BRRip+AAC+x264+-+%5BGeekRG%5D+%5BIsohunt.to%5D&xl=1029974649&dl=1029974649&tr=udp://open.demonii.com:1337/announce&tr=udp://tracker.leechers-paradise.org:6969/announce&tr=udp://tracker.publicbt.com:80/announce&tr=udp://9.rarbg.com:2710/announce",
   // 2: Creative work metadata: links to wikidata and imdb.
   //    There is no reason to copy them because it isn't likely
   //    they will be suddenly disappear from Web.
   "encodesCreativeWork":[
      {
         "@type":"Movie",
         "SameAs/wikidata":"Q181795",
         "SameAs/imdb":"tt0080684"
      }
   ],
   // 3: Torrent metadata: here schema.org lacks of required properties.
   //    Missing properties have slashes in names.
   "encodingFormat":"mpeg4",
   "encodingFormat/videoCodec":"AVC",
   "encodingFormat/frameRate":"23.976fps",
   "encodingFormat/audioCodec":"HE-AAC",
   "encodingFormat/audioRate":"48KHz",
   "encodingFormat/audioChannels":"6",
   "width":"1280",
   "height":"544",
   "inLanguage/audio":"en",
   "inLanguage/subtitles":"en",
   "Duration":"PT2H7M"
}

Technically this is enogh to rebuild a very rich media database on each PC having blockchain downloaded: all details can be requested from wikidata, imdb and other external sources.

User can browse and query such a database locally by title, actors' names, video quality, audio language etc. Clicking on magnet link he will start a download with his torrent client.

This work will require a lot of manual work to establish relations between magnet links and wikidata/imdb/rottentomatos/... databases because existing TPB data are very unstructured. Volunteers doing this work can be compensated in DTC by commutiny.

Any thoughts?
good idea, tough rating is needed for torrents.

dlightman

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 09:30:08 PM

In order to have a censorship protected torrent catalog we have to store database that consists of entries of the following structure:

1. magnet link

Technically this is enogh to rebuild a very rich media database on each PC having blockchain downloaded: all details can be requested from wikidata, imdb and other external sources.

Any thoughts?

What is the purpose of having rating?

DTC: DKnxm6a8CeQQcEjznWhwZtg1ZziFFUTbhm
LTC: LNAjpMnvUKvAt4q25xqKuzjXVQpFwxg8uk
K1773R
Legendary

/dev/null

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 11:31:04 PM

1. magnet link

Any thoughts?

What is the purpose of having rating?
to identify fakes without downloading them.

Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.