Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 01:47:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 95 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][Datacoin] Datacoin blockchain start announcement (Minor code upd + logo)  (Read 171790 times)
GreekBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2014, 03:47:48 PM

They dont accept most of the coins right now. They dont accept Doge and Peercoin for example. ZCCoin and Namecoin also.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptrol

Activity: 637
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 03:49:22 PM

Most alts are doomed at this point. Only the ones offering something new will succeed. DTC has the potential, but more development is needed, this is an experiment, and sometimes experiments don't work on the first try.

Keep calm and carry on.

And BTW I recommend everybody to stay away from bter, they are having really BIG issues and you will likely end up loosing money (like myself).
GreekBitcoin
Legendary

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2014, 03:53:32 PM

Most alts are doomed at this point. Only the ones offering something new will succeed. DTC has the potential, but more development is needed, this is an experiment, and sometimes experiments don't work on the first try.

Keep calm and carry on.

And BTW I recommend everybody to stay away from bter, they are having really BIG issues and you will likely end up loosing money (like myself).

And thats the reason of Datacoins price not being better. People are afraid of better. I did a few transactions and i didnt have any problems though i got really scared once.

infofront
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 2755

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 09:06:58 PM

This is not a pump n' dump, but it is an excellent buy and hold coin. I foresee a steady rise in the value of this as a coin.
GreekBitcoin
Legendary

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
January 02, 2014, 09:15:28 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=396228.new#new

Made this thread. I am posting it here too.
extro24

Activity: 481
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 09:57:41 PM

The developer is speaking about adding personal (node) blockchains in the next few months.  Then the main blockchain will only be for a kind of blockchain index (blkindex.dat?).  This is really interesting.  Bitcoin already has blk0001.dat, blk0002.dat blk0003.dat etc and the developer appears to be intent on modifying this system for Datacoin.  Nodes will choose which blk.dat files they wish to store.  There will be no main blockchain bloat, and it will only be metadata that will cost 0.05DTC per 128k.  Actual data stored in the node blockchains will be far cheaper.

I really like this developer.  He talks little but does much, comments it well and has great ideas.  He also seems to be very aware about issues with general data storage, like security.  He is setting up a system, not just a coin.

This is a very serious coin.  Ranked, I think, on the same level as Namecoin.  We should send the developer pull requests, and see what he makes of them.

sfireman

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 08:14:51 AM

afaik, current cost is 0.05 DTC per 1 kb of data.

iBid     ▐     Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain    (    About us    Telegram   )
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬             AN  AUCTION    ❱   All auctions start at     $0

[  ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store  ]   ██ SIGN UP ██        with no minimum reserve
sfireman

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 08:32:54 AM

ROFL, someone sold 7k DTC on bter -> 0.00035 xDDD
no more solid buy orders, coin is dying, guys.
If it won't be added on cryptsy in the next days, u can forget about your investments. Not enough giveaways and promotions, nobody wants to buy/invest in this coin/nobody knows about it.
Why we got just 126 votes on cryptsy while stupid coins got 500/600? Can anyone tell me?
Why nobody makes giveaways, why there are no bounties for DataCoin services?
RIP DataCoin.

iBid     ▐     Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain    (    About us    Telegram   )

[  ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store  ]   ██ SIGN UP ██        with no minimum reserve
maxsolnc

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

DTC unofficial team

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2014, 08:38:03 AM

no more solid buy orders, coin is dying guys.
If it won't be added on cryptsy in the next days, u can forget about your investments. Not enough giveaways and promotions.
RIP
not enough giveaways ? LOL, last giveaway was near 700 DTC total were given away on twitter, many followers came to us. And yes, remember that bter now has GREAT problems.
Anyway, as rellix told, some time ago I was worried about the price a lot. Now both me and many devs who work with us don't care about price so much as it was at the beginning. We'll work with the system firstly. Your choice: you can dump all DTC you have (I also will buy many thousands if price drops to 0.0001 and lower). After that I can have 100K or 200K of Datacoins to reward developers, and then...let's see.

DTC: DMcKNp47fNtgM7sritK9GfJEQ1DzME5nwk
BTC: 1FgUGra685ZwkrX5VnRvfaYp4bHJhC7x4H
cryptrol

Activity: 637
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 09:39:17 AM

Some thoughts about DTC :
- Adopting Proof of Stake would have benefited the adoption of the DTC wallet (since you need the wallet to do PoS minting, and as a side effect you have more peers up), this could really help propagate the data, right now connections have dropped dramatically since people stopped solo mining, I am getting less than 6 connections on my krypte.net node.
- Price reduction WILL drive adoption up, think about it, storage will be way cheaper (it was insanely high at 0.001 BTC). IMO price needs to  go further down.
- Difficulty is going down, so it will be easier for everybody to get coins and spend them on the network, not dump them on exchanges since it won't be worth it.
- There is enough interest in that coin, it's just that there is not enough interest from traders, and that's not necessarily bad. Lately there are only traders and speculators in this subforum, this is about disruptive technology, not about trading, some people needs to understand this.

RIP DataCoin.
- You seem really upset about the price drop. Just learn to dump at the right time, which for most coins is on the first day of trade, most of them only go down afterwards (there are exceptions). Keep in mind that price is mostly driven by market manipulators (even on BTC but on a smaller scale). Given enough resources you can take your shitcoin to the moon and stay there while you dump.

The developer is speaking about adding personal (node) blockchains in the next few months.  Then the main blockchain will only be for a kind of blockchain index (blkindex.dat?).  This is really interesting.  Bitcoin already has blk0001.dat, blk0002.dat blk0003.dat etc and the developer appears to be intent on modifying this system for Datacoin.
- The personal blockchains feature is already being developed in Protoshares, Counterparty and Mastercoin (not sure about the last one), so I really hope to see them in Datacoin in the near future.

rayvellest

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2014, 09:43:44 AM

no more solid buy orders, coin is dying, guys.
If it won't be added on cryptsy in the next days, u can forget about your investments. Not enough giveaways and promotions, nobody wants to buy/invest in this coin/nobody knows about it.
Why we got just 126 votes on cryptsy while stupid coins got 500/600? Can anyone tell me?
Why nobody makes giveaways, why there are no bounties for DataCoin services?
RIP DataCoin.

The fact that DTC is NOT being run for the purpose of pump'n'dump schemes is actually a good sign. In the least, it shows this coin has a professional and reliable team behind it, and if you combine that with the fact that DTC is actually innovating in the crypto-currency world, this coin is a MUST in anyone's investment portfolio.

With that said, whoever bought DTC at 0.00035 is in for a wealthy profit. I'm not going to be surprised when DTC reach 0.005 by the end of the year.

Considering the way you are expressing yourself, it looks like you're more keen on making investments for the very short term profit. If that is the case, you should probably be considering investing on something more risky, with a bit more volatility, such as: DOGE, CAT, LUCKY7, and similar alternative coins.

GreekBitcoin
Legendary

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2014, 10:02:25 AM

Well the problem isnt the price. The problem is that people dont know it.

I am trying my best to make people know it.

So guys try your best to make people know it. When you see a thread about it respond. Bump a thread. Or whatever.

Respond at reddit threads. The last 25 days we have 30% more subscribers there i think.
Make datacointalk more energetic. I have ideas for it but i need to know people are really looking on datacointalk. So post something there Wink

also cryptrol's idea about pos is good and i was thinking about it. a small % per year will be enough for people being awarded that they store the blockchain

maxsolnc make a new thread for a 3d pool. Since we have a reward still i think, dont we? Make a thread like 300DTC reward for another pool. xpool for example was build 3 days after i communicated with killbyte on peercointalk. He had just made a primecoin pool and it wasnt difficult.

The idea with a giveaway that people will take only if they register in datacointalk was good.

Also dont give more than 1DTC on giveaways. But make more of them or make them last longer.

And why i dont make personally a giveaway? Cause i dont have enough DTC... i have less than 2k...

And ffs. Datacoin is not a spam coin. We could make 30 threads per day or post everyhere "Datacoin xdddddddd" but we are not doing that...

P.S. the scrypt shitcoins are dying slowly and this is good. noone will get rich like they did with Doge anymore. and actually its the time that people will lose the most. in a few weeks this whole story with shitcoins will be over and only the good ones will left...

extro24

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 10:05:40 AM

afaik, current cost is 0.05 DTC per 1 kb of data.

sfireman: you are right - that was a slip on my part.

Quote from: cryptrol
The personal blockchains feature is already being developed in Protoshares, Counterparty and Mastercoin (not sure about the last one), so I really hope to see them in Datacoin in the near future.

cryptrol: thanks for the info on Protoshares.

extro24

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 10:20:01 AM

Yippee!!!  Datacoin OP moved to Announcements (Altcoins).  I was getting lost in all the clutter.

I think we need to start working on alternative versions of the client with things like PoS and personal blockchains.  Perhaps cryptrol/datacoin or maxsolnc/datacoin on github?  The bitcoin devs do the same.  We can then see what dev thinks of them when we make pull requests.  My rusty C++ is slowly reviving - this coin is one of the most innovative, and the programming is very interesting.

Bitcoin took more than 2 years to take off.  Datacoin will probably be similar while all the extra features are added to it.  

GreekBitcoin
Legendary

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2014, 10:21:53 AM

Since we are online can we like chat on IRC for a while?
sfireman

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 11:43:08 AM

Well, I'm not miner, I'm investor that put some BTC into this coin. I do not plan to dump, I sure this coin has a great idea and future. It's ideal complement to namecoin, but looks like we have really small community.

maxsolnc

DTC unofficial team

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2014, 11:52:13 AM

Respond at reddit threads. The last 25 days we have 30% more subscribers there i think.

will be done

Make datacointalk more energetic. I have ideas for it but i need to know people are really looking on datacointalk. So post something there Wink

I'llask mstfck for that

also cryptrol's idea about pos is good and i was thinking about it. a small % per year will be enough for people being awarded that they store the blockchain

I was thinking about it from the first days after release, but it seems not really easy

maxsolnc make a new thread for a 3d pool. Since we have a reward still i think, dont we? Make a thread like 300DTC reward for another pool. xpool for example was build 3 days after i communicated with killbyte on peercointalk. He had just made a primecoin pool and it wasnt difficult.

I'm not sure that we need 3rd pool just now. Even 2nd pool doesn't have enough workers comparing to gpool, even with twitter promotions

The idea with a giveaway that people will take only if they register in datacointalk was good.

Also dont give more than 1DTC on giveaways. But make more of them or make them last longer.

And why i dont make personally a giveaway? Cause i dont have enough DTC... i have less than 2k...

I can start one more giveaway today.

maxsolnc

DTC unofficial team

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2014, 11:55:46 AM

Yippee!!!  Datacoin OP moved to Announcements (Altcoins).  I was getting lost in all the clutter.

I think we need to start working on alternative versions of the client with things like PoS and personal blockchains.  Perhaps cryptrol/datacoin or maxsolnc/datacoin on github?  The bitcoin devs do the same.  We can then see what dev thinks of them when we make pull requests.  My rusty C++ is slowly reviving - this coin is one of the most innovative, and the programming is very interesting.

Bitcoin took more than 2 years to take off.  Datacoin will probably be similar while all the extra features are added to it.  

Cryptrol will be better choise (if he wants to work with core development). I really don't have much experience in C++ , I can write some code, but it won't be really good code. I still work with all guys who write mails to datacoin mailbox (devs, promoters, investors), but there was very low activity during holidays. We promised that we'll have more active promotions after New Year, now it's time to translate our promises into actions. Stay tuned!

GreekBitcoin
Legendary

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2014, 11:56:52 AM

Well, I'm not miner, I'm investor that put some BTC into this coin. I do not plan to dump, I sure this coin has a great idea and future. It's ideal complement to namecoin, but looks like we have really small community.

I am both but with limited money. My theory about price being so low and no movement is that BTER is not really the best exchange, people afraid of it so noone cares. The bet is what happens once we reach cryptsy. Hopefully the coin will rise and will never again drop so down. The faster we reach cryptsy the faster this coin is getting more solid. Thats my bet with my limited money. And i am glad my money support a real coin with innovative ideas.

P.S. Putting Stalin's face on the blockchain worths the money i have invested Tongue
GreekBitcoin
Legendary

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2014, 01:11:02 PM

Ah guys remember that one thing we must point out is that Datacoin is strictly CPU coin. Together with Primecoin.

The rest CPU coins are starting to getting mined with GPU also. This is happening for quark based, protoshares and memorycoin. Although gpu mining is limited for now but still is more efficient.

So point this fact out when you see a CPU coins list or someone asking!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 95 »
  Print  

Jump to: