Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:23:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][Datacoin] Datacoin blockchain start announcement (Minor code upd + logo)  (Read 171792 times)
olinnebit

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 08:01:31 PM

There are still spambots on the forum; https://datacointalk.org/index.php?topic=139.0. IDK if this is the right place for this post.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
maxsolnc

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

DTC unofficial team

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2014, 08:06:10 PM

There are still spambots on the forum; https://datacointalk.org/index.php?topic=139.0. IDK if this is the right place for this post.
I've reminded mstfck about captcha, he should implement it quickly. He went online only today.

DTC: DMcKNp47fNtgM7sritK9GfJEQ1DzME5nwk
BTC: 1FgUGra685ZwkrX5VnRvfaYp4bHJhC7x4H
sfireman

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 11:09:02 AM

DataCoin capitalization went down to $ 492,685
Buy prices are at 0.00033 now, so few BTC in buy order book. If I'd just look at exchange only I'd conclude coin is already dead. Trade volumes decrease with each day, except days when another holder decides to dump his DataCoins and leave away.
We have to promote coin more and vote more on cryptsy if we want this coin to survive, we have just avout 170 votes, I don't think it's enough to be added.

iBid     ▐     Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain    (    About us    Telegram   )
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬             AN  AUCTION    ❱   All auctions start at     $0

[  ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store  ]   ██ SIGN UP ██        with no minimum reserve
olinnebit

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 12:22:30 PM

Buy prices are at 0.00033 now, so few BTC in buy order book. If I'd just look at exchange only I'd conclude coin is already dead. Trade volumes decrease with each day, except days when another holder decides to dump his DataCoins and leave away.
We have to promote coin more and vote more on cryptsy if we want this coin to survive, we have just avout 170 votes, I don't think it's enough to be added.

+1.

It's hard to compete when the majority of new users put everything they got in a new coin. The more coins they can get the better, regardless of the value or attributes(?)of the coin. I don't understand why people do not fall in love with eternal data storage, especially with the Edward Snowden case, etc. :/

sfireman

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 01:27:55 PM

Idea is just perfect, we just need more promotions, media, etc... People will love this coin, it's unique.

iBid     ▐     Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain    (    About us    Telegram   )

[  ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store  ]   ██ SIGN UP ██        with no minimum reserve
maxsolnc

Activity: 350

DTC unofficial team

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2014, 01:34:10 PM

+1.

It's hard to compete when the majority of new users put everything they got in a new coin. The more coins they can get the better, regardless of the value or attributes(?)of the coin. I don't understand why people do not fall in love with eternal data storage, especially with the Edward Snowden case, etc. :/

Less than 72 hours to first promo wave. Also I'm discussing details of one more agreement for one more complete promo with big plan that can take weeks and months (bringing website to new level, SEO, more publicity, blogs, social media, web hosting and file hosting services, PR, etc). Guys, actual situation in crypto world teaches you bad things: 'new coin must go to highs in 1-2 months from start, if if doesn't - it is dead'. It's wrong position.
I'll announce some more technical news for you, just now I have at least 2 of them, but they're under heavy development - 1-2 weeks at least to finish, and I shouldn't reveal details now. One more time: remember first successful currencies like Namecoin and Peercoin - how many time did it take them to get popular? Datacoin is a platform, and unlike all other coins it needs ecosystem to be built on this platform.

DTC: DMcKNp47fNtgM7sritK9GfJEQ1DzME5nwk
BTC: 1FgUGra685ZwkrX5VnRvfaYp4bHJhC7x4H
carajillu

Activity: 577
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 01:34:44 PM

I just keep stacking DTCs, mining with 16 servers totalling 64 cores. In some months panorama will be clearer for sure, now there is so much noise from this crap alts only made for pump and dump. Ignoring the market value and thinking in its real use I think that DTC has obvious potential and a real use so let's mine it! And anyway at today's prices it is still profitable to mine.

Ahh! And if you want to give me some love: DGq3GGtAfska16sbkEpxZumYXvysRsAiSZ     Roll Eyes

As a suggestion to dev team, please reduce 0.05 transaction fee, or give me a serious reason for this high price. Don't you think that this fee is one of the reasons for the users to not move their coins?
GreekBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2014, 03:43:09 PM

People started mining a few days ago cdn coin which is a copy of Datacoin, chinese and scammy as fuck. It says it will compute climate forecasts lol
They mine this with the expectation that it is new and they can mine it and maybe in the future it will have a price.

Now they started with another quark fork 2chcoin. A russian one. I am pretty sure this one is again for fun and it will fade.

Most people are here to be rich in two days like with DOGE. this is far from happening any time soon. Already those retarded coins are dead. Already even noobs are saying to new coins "come on we dont need a new one" . Noobs 15 days ago were saying "fuck yeah another coin"

Coin is far from dead. But dont wait to be rich tomorrow. It is clear. Although i still believe that price will triple when we hit cryptsy... Coin is not dead because there are people who care about it. It is not just a copy. Main dev seems to working . Latest activity was less than an hour ago. Of course it will be good to come here and answer a few things. And yes that thing with fee i think it should happen. Maxsolnc is devoted for sure! Cryptol thinks also devoted. Snard also. I am devoted to the coin although with no technical skills. Others devs seem to care about the coin but now it was holidays these days...And people are constantly learning about it and some stick to it.

Currently i am mining with 18 cores. I am raising my cores every couple of days. In  15 days i will have another 20. In the meantime i also play with retarded coins and i sell them to buy DTC.

Those who really care about the coin must post on the forums about it whenever they see people speaking about cpu coins. Maybe bump the promo or the guides or the giveaways.

P.S. When I was here when bitcoin got from below 1 dollar to 33 dollars. I actually saw bitcoin at aroun 0.6 dollars i think. Now that was a dead coin when it hit below 2 dollars in a few days or hours. i dont remember but i bought at 2 Smiley . And it was the only coin back then. No rivals Tongue
sfireman

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 03:46:07 PM
Last edit: January 08, 2014, 04:10:27 PM by sfireman

Less than 72 hours to first promo wave. Also I'm discussing details of one more agreement for one more complete promo with big plan that can take weeks and months (bringing website to new level, SEO, more publicity, blogs, social media, web hosting and file hosting services, PR, etc). Guys, actual situation in crypto world teaches you bad things: 'new coin must go to highs in 1-2 months from start, if if doesn't - it is dead'. It's wrong position.
I'll announce some more technical news for you, just now I have at least 2 of them, but they're under heavy development - 1-2 weeks at least to finish, and I shouldn't reveal details now. One more time: remember first successful currencies like Namecoin and Peercoin - how many time did it take them to get popular? Datacoin is a platform, and unlike all other coins it needs ecosystem to be built on this platform.
Thank you so much for details Smiley Great job!
I think this coin is something really new with neat ideas inside, and I support it as I can.
I hope on cryptsy loyalty, we really need to be added on this exchange, bter sucks.

Snard

Activity: 140

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 07:59:49 PM

I am currently entering a very busy time with work, will be traveling extensively, and wont be able to focus on Chainbrowser for a very long time if at all. With that said, if you or someone you know would be interested in taking over the site or just the code, I would be willing sell the source, domain, be there to help with QA during migration, and how to modify coin source to automatically add new blocks to the database.

I hesitate to give it for free due to the amount of hours I have put into developing it.  There are really only 3 items that need to be worked out:

1. Resolve the duplicate outputs every once in a while.
2. Adding information in the Addresses section on who the particular address sends coins to.
3. The prime number information you are looking for.

I am sure someone who is better versed in cryptocurrency and php could easily fix these items. 

I am offering this to your team first and it was originally designed for DTC and don't want to see DTC hung out to dry without a block explorer.

If there is any interest, please pm me.
olinnebit

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 09:45:03 PM

+1.

Let me know if you need any help with non-tech things, i.e. coding. That is if there are any non-tech things to do

Supercomputing

Activity: 278

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 09:51:16 PM

I am currently entering a very busy time with work, will be traveling extensively, and wont be able to focus on Chainbrowser for a very long time if at all. With that said, if you or someone you know would be interested in taking over the site or just the code, I would be willing sell the source, domain, be there to help with QA during migration, and how to modify coin source to automatically add new blocks to the database.

I hesitate to give it for free due to the amount of hours I have put into developing it.  There are really only 3 items that need to be worked out:

1. Resolve the duplicate outputs every once in a while.
2. Adding information in the Addresses section on who the particular address sends coins to.
3. The prime number information you are looking for.

I am sure someone who is better versed in cryptocurrency and php could easily fix these items. 

I am offering this to your team first and it was originally designed for DTC and don't want to see DTC hung out to dry without a block explorer.

If there is any interest, please pm me.

@Snard
Please check your personal message

Electrical Engineering & Computer Science
http://www.eecs.mit.edu/
rayvellest

Activity: 90

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2014, 10:10:58 PM

Guys, I've seen several concepts for overwriting\deleting 'old' or 'unnecessary' files. But it breaks the whole concept of Datacoin. Look: someone uploaded some kind of Wikileaks archive to Datacoin, then hackers who work for government accessed his computer got his keys and deleted this info. It will be practically the same as Dropbox\GDrive storage: if someone gets your credentials, he can delete any info he wants, it breaks the whole concept.
And I've talked many times about 'proof-of-storage', just now there are no ways to avoid cheating like creating bunch of VPS that are linked to one blockchain - 'I have 1000 machines with Datacoin', and actually it will be 1 copy of blockchain and many virtual machines linked to it.

Talking about colored chain - will it be secure and reliable?

I'm not arguing with you, it is just my point of view. I'm not head developer, maybe he will read our threads and see some features to implement. But just now I have opinion as described above.

I think the team behind DTC should listen to what the crypto-community have to say. I believe that DTC has huge potential, and the community is providing amazing feedback. Considering a minor change in the initial concept could actually make it even more successful.

The MAJOR value in Datacoin is that it positioned itself as a coin made for STORAGE, and that, IS THE WINNING CONCEPT!

Considering the way this concept was developed, it has end up creating two major issues: (1) the potential use for illegal files, and (2) the bloating of the blockchain. As a matter of fact, I wonder if the second issue is what is holding Cryptsy from start trading it in its platform.

Here is how I see this coin...

DTC should become the ultimate database of torrent files. That would be an extremely popular way of accomplish storage in crypto-currency.

That would solve problem number (1) and (2) at the same time. DTC would never be hosting any illegal files, just torrents (which are just links), and the blockchain would stay light as feather. Anyone could benefit from it by using a special block explorer to search for files.

This solution would never bloat the blockchain, and nobody would host illegal files in their computers. An ELEGANT solution, if I may! Smiley

Now, considering the above implementation, a special parameter could be added to DTC to define the file as hidden from public. That would prevent from ever appearing on the block explorer search results, so these hidden files would be only available for people who knew how to find them with a special access key. (I believe a crypto-expert can ship in to improve this concept to something better)

What we all should understand very clearly is the following...

People will RUSH to DTC if they understand is a reliable system for storage, but they will RUN FROM IT if they think they have any chance of being associated with the hosting of illegal files. This issue CANNOT be avoided with technical arguments, the community is being extremely vocal about it, and it MUST be addressed seriously. The team behind DTC development MUST find a solution for that to succeed.

Here's another way of putting this...

The success of DTC is directly related with convincing a massive amount of regular users and non-tech investors to adopt the coin. They ARE NOT GOING to invest in DTC if they think they think that to be something risky. THAT IS A FACT and that's why the community is so vocal about it.

What would you rather have? Keep the original concept with nobody investing in the coin, or make a small change and end up bringing the masses? Think about that.

cryptrol

Activity: 637

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 11:08:16 PM

This solution would never bloat the blockchain, and nobody would host illegal files in their computers. An ELEGANT solution, if I may! Smiley
This just makes no sense.
Data is data, data can be anything, data can be illegal, data can even BECOME illegal after years.
Datacoin is a blockchain, you can't change the blockchain after a block is inserted without changing the whole chain, period.
You can't enforce the data type to store in the blockchain, there could be a consensus like in the envelope protocol but that is just a
consensus, not a mandatory rule.
I would ask the people that is so worried about illegal content to go ask a lawyer instead of posting their worries here, or at least before posting.

Pleas read the reddit thread some posts above this for some nice arguments about posting illegal content to a blockchain (any blockchain).

GreekBitcoin
Legendary

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2014, 11:15:29 PM

People should understand that as long as there is a blockchain there can be stored illegal stuff there forever. And the point of a blockchain is this "forever". This is the same for Datacoin, Namecoin, Bitcoin etc...

GreekBitcoin
Legendary

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 01:07:11 AM

Good news everybody! I am putting this here cause it will get buried because of the shitty coins anouncements! I am very glad to see it!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=405992.msg4399003;topicseen#msg4399003

And oocook5u whenever you can please try to read this whole thread and answer to questions. I know you already have answered to some but yeah. For example what about the fees people are asking?
cryptrol

Activity: 637

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 08:29:22 AM

Good news everybody! I am putting this here cause it will get buried because of the shitty coins anouncements! I am very glad to see it!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=405992.msg4399003;topicseen#msg4399003

And oocook5u whenever you can please try to read this whole thread and answer to questions. I know you already have answered to some but yeah. For example what about the fees people are asking?

Thanks for the head up GreekBitcoin, I also mentioned the fees on the other post.
rayvellest

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 11:23:39 AM

I would ask the people that is so worried about illegal content to go ask a lawyer instead of posting their worries here, or at least before posting.

You sound like you do not appreciate the fact that people are posting their worries here. If you ask me, THAT makes no sense!

This is an open forum created to discuss crypto-currencies and it seems like that's exactly what we are doing here. This thread is design to receive commentary from all sorts of people, some are going to be good, and some are going to bring attention to all sorts of problems. The very success of DTC depends on people doing that.

How can one fix a problem, if one does not know the problem exists?

If DTC has no real issue with hosting illegal content, why so many people seem to avoid discussing this topic? If DTC has no problem with illegal files, why you suggest I should not post my worries here, and instead get in touch with a laywer? THAT makes no sense whatsoever!

Am I the only one talking about that issue? You only need to read the thread to see how many people mentioned the illegal files issue. The truth is that as long as people like you keep treating these worries as a minor inconvenience, you will keep pushing people away from DTC.

If my suggestion sound non-sensical to you, then something else must be done to bring those people like me to your side. If one can convince me that the illegal issue is not really an issue, I will promptly invest and promote the coin. Until now, none of the arguments were strong enough to accomplish that.

Perhaps, what this community really needs is a group of lawyers to come here, and add their own two cents on the topic. Do you know any that would do that?

rayvellest

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 11:30:05 AM

People should understand that as long as there is a blockchain there can be stored illegal stuff there forever. And the point of a blockchain is this "forever". This is the same for Datacoin, Namecoin, Bitcoin etc...

That makes a lot of sense GreekBitcoin, but keep in mind that DTC is the only coin that focus on the blockchain storage potential.

Nobody looks at Bitcoin, Namecoin and think of it as a place to storage files, so nobody gets worried with illegal content.

DTC needs to deal with this fact because storage is the essential part of how people perceive the coin.

GreekBitcoin
Legendary

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 11:32:28 AM

You sound like you do not appreciate the fact that people are posting their worries here. If you ask me, THAT makes no sense!

This is an open forum created to discuss crypto-currencies and it seems like that's exactly what we are doing here. This thread is design to receive commentary from all sorts of people, some are going to be good, and some are going to bring attention to all sorts of problems. The very success of DTC depends on people doing that.

How can one fix a problem, if one does not know the problem exists?

If DTC has no real issue with hosting illegal content, why so many people seem to avoid discussing this topic? If DTC has no problem with illegal files, why you suggest I should not post my worries here, and instead get in touch with a laywer? THAT makes no sense whatsoever!

Am I the only one talking about that issue? You only need to read the thread to see how many people mentioned the illegal files issue. The truth is that as long as people like you keep treating these worries as a minor inconvenience, you will keep pushing people away from DTC.

If my suggestion sound non-sensical to you, then something else must be done to bring those people like me to your side. If one can convince me that the illegal issue is not really an issue, I will promptly invest and promote the coin. Until now, none of the arguments were strong enough to accomplish that.

Perhaps, what this community really needs is a group of lawyers to come here, and add their own two cents on the topic. Do you know any that would do that?

See this: http://www.reddit.com/r/Datacoin/comments/1tvwhu/if_i_run_a_datacoin_node_and_somebody_uploads/cecdi4e

Now the point is that you cant have a decentralized storage system and someone to also police it. it cant happen. Simple as that. And if Datacoin will ever be illegal because of illegal stuff on the blockchain the same can happen for bitcoin. Definition of what is illegal and what is not is very broad. If a country says that bitcoin is illegal will you still use it or not? There are prime numbers that are illegal. Why? If you want answers read the whole thread here and also on reddit. And indeed talking to a lawyer is the best thing you can do indeed. But i am not sure he will easily be able to answer too. It depends on many things and how aggressive a goverment wants to be...

Edit because of your post: But if you ask about legality it doesnt matter if noone is looking at bitcoin or not. You are asking if it is illegal or not. Or i could answer you that you will never probably get arrested for storing the blockchain where others put something illegal...if you know what i mean..

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 »
  Print  

Jump to: