Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 03:53:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][Datacoin] Datacoin blockchain start announcement (Minor code upd + logo)  (Read 171792 times)
cryptrol

Activity: 637
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 08:41:42 AM

I think 'prime' proof-of-work is interesting, but that it will ultimately result in an economic failure for data storage.

I'd like to propose a gradual (but requiring a hard-fork) upgrade to 'proof of data' which would just be to find sha 256 hash of the required difficulty *over the entire blockchain*. This basically means your hash rate is proportional to how fast you can read the blockchain off disk (or you keep it in memory)
This approach to Proof of Storage (or Proof of data) could be interesting, I am not sure if I get your idea. Do you mean hashing data chunks until you find a hash with the target difficulty ?

What I wonder is if we're thinking of the same thing, and by the time I get done optimizing proof-of-data if it ends up being very similiar to your concept.. Or is there some paper on proof-of-resource you can link me to?
Also wondering what @super3 means by "new proof of resource algorithms", never heard about this term before.

About doing a new coin or hard-forking DTC. First of all consider the fact that the original Datacoin developer _seems_ to have disappeared so whoever proposes a hard fork (and the community accepts it, which I am sure it will) would also be in charge of maintaining the original code base (this could be a pain). Also, there are some issues with Datacoin when blocks are full of data (it should be tested more thoroughly).

One drawback of creating a new coins is that most of them have low credibility and getting exposure is harder every day. Also with a new coin you would loose the current Datacoin community, although small, the community is focused on the new features.

What I would do is :
- Create a new fork of a well maintained chain (Bitcoin, Litecoin, ...).
- Add new features.
- Propose the Datacoin holders to invest in the new coin through a Proof-of-Burn (essentially you destroy Datacoins and get NewCoins), this way you will give some value to Datacoin and at the same time you will get the part of the community interested in your coin. After the PoB, the NewCoins are distributed among the addresses that burned DTC with a premine for the total of DTC burned (or whatever ratio is fair) which will be distributed to the new holders.
- Set up some marketing strategy, services, pools, whatever ...
- Launch the newcoin.

Anyway the most important part are the new features and that's where the details are missing at the moment. Proof of Storage is definately possible but I have yet to see a working proof of concept, super3 ?
BTW, I would love to get involved in this in some way.

My 2 mBTC

EDIT: I assumed everybody does know what ProofOfBurn is which may not be true. You send DTC to an unspendable address (a valid address with an unknown private key), see the Counterparty thread here at BTCtalk for an explanation. I believe this is one of the most fair distribution systems. Also Datacoin would recover since it has an infinite supply.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jpmi1

Activity: 214
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 19, 2014, 08:42:51 PM

Looking to buy 50,000 Datacoin off exchange. PM me if interested.
Will use escrow

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯ RELAUNCH First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ https://poloniex.com/exchange/btc_yin
XPM:AeuQPMAGRLyWbWkVgAtE4JcfSyGHATUkmG
DTC:D9mwyQo9xPAPWCtKYhthnX2uSPivcjKyLN
r-ando

Activity: 246
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 11:12:55 PM

The future of this coin:

-A system that is in metastable equilibrium and that is controlled by an operation based on data relating to the condition of its metastable equilibrium is prone to failure due to metastability in its electronics (FIBER OPTICS).

-Datacoin is the beginning and dawn of technology that can be used to limit failure in such a system by asynchronous circuit.

For those interested in this conceptual application of datacoin, further explanation:

-Within an isolated system in thermal equilibrium maintained in a fiber optic environment, glass can prevent processes or parts from reaching same equilibrium. The temperature or the spacial distribution of temperature can be changed by changing the state of the materials within the system (hydrogen).

-Left for a period of time as a adiabatically isolating vessel with rigid walls, the system containing the thermally heterogeneous distribution of hydrogen, under the influence of a steady gravitational field along its tall dimension, will settle to a state of uniform temperature. Whats important to understand here is thermodynamic equilibrium concepts. From thermal dynamic equilibrium to non-equilibrium, phase changes increase the energy levels of the syustem, making it a system in metastable equilibrium. ITS OPERATION FOUNDED ON DATA. (reliability of data...)

-In such a system, hydrogen would be heated within a separate environment contained using fiber optic technology principles (or it could be mixed with heated material that it doesnt react adversely with, whatever is best) abd then injected into the system through its harness. The harness would be a delivery system as well as a physical anchor for the system. The harness would thus connect any other object to the system, by connecting to the habitable point of the star.

-The heat and increase from the hydrogen mix heats the temperature in the system until thermal equilibrium is achieved, based on the desired and programmed outcome(datacoin  Smiley

If this has interested you, See Radiative Equilibrium and Dynamic Equilibrium relationship with star.

Every moment is like a falling leaf. Seize the moments within the moment.
gigo

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 12:47:47 PM
Last edit: March 21, 2014, 01:58:09 PM by gigo

Hi!

any chance that someone has time to work with core code? Smiley
No much work to do with the core. If someone has some free time the HP12 optimizations could be ported to the hp branch of the client.
This would provide some performance improvement over the previous client.

I ported hp12 changes to datacoin-hp. I diffed primecoin-0.1.2-hp11 against primecoin-0.1.2-hp12 and primecoin-0.1.2-hp11 against datacoin-hp. Based on these two diffs I selected files that could be patched automatically. The remaining part I patched manually. I compiled and run it on linux x86_64 only. Please test it ON A NEW WALLET (or backup first) and let me know how it works.
https://github.com/g1g0/datacoin-hp.git
Donations welcome Smiley

DTC: DQWeXamzqqtinrFaiZmbFwoa6Si2uZiBTQ
XPM: AcDgPBpNPMgYKaQYpQEP2njCMLbDBQiahh
BTC: 1PzBiHQEDZ2awULgmhGMSP4RNQ7q2oKEcx
gigo

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 03:59:33 PM

If it comes to mining, the hp12-based datacoind seems to outperform the old one by ... 4% (based on 60 "chainsperday" samples taken every minute - is this a reliable measure?).
Well - better than nothing, I guess  Roll Eyes

g
infofront
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 2780

Shitcoin Minimalist

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 04:12:31 PM

I think 'prime' proof-of-work is interesting, but that it will ultimately result in an economic failure for data storage.

I'd like to propose a gradual (but requiring a hard-fork) upgrade to 'proof of data' which would just be to find sha 256 hash of the required difficulty *over the entire blockchain*. This basically means your hash rate is proportional to how fast you can read the blockchain off disk (or you keep it in memory)
This approach to Proof of Storage (or Proof of data) could be interesting, I am not sure if I get your idea. Do you mean hashing data chunks until you find a hash with the target difficulty ?

What I wonder is if we're thinking of the same thing, and by the time I get done optimizing proof-of-data if it ends up being very similiar to your concept.. Or is there some paper on proof-of-resource you can link me to?
Also wondering what @super3 means by "new proof of resource algorithms", never heard about this term before.

About doing a new coin or hard-forking DTC. First of all consider the fact that the original Datacoin developer _seems_ to have disappeared so whoever proposes a hard fork (and the community accepts it, which I am sure it will) would also be in charge of maintaining the original code base (this could be a pain). Also, there are some issues with Datacoin when blocks are full of data (it should be tested more thoroughly).

One drawback of creating a new coins is that most of them have low credibility and getting exposure is harder every day. Also with a new coin you would loose the current Datacoin community, although small, the community is focused on the new features.

What I would do is :
- Create a new fork of a well maintained chain (Bitcoin, Litecoin, ...).
- Add new features.
- Propose the Datacoin holders to invest in the new coin through a Proof-of-Burn (essentially you destroy Datacoins and get NewCoins), this way you will give some value to Datacoin and at the same time you will get the part of the community interested in your coin. After the PoB, the NewCoins are distributed among the addresses that burned DTC with a premine for the total of DTC burned (or whatever ratio is fair) which will be distributed to the new holders.
- Set up some marketing strategy, services, pools, whatever ...
- Launch the newcoin.

Anyway the most important part are the new features and that's where the details are missing at the moment. Proof of Storage is definately possible but I have yet to see a working proof of concept, super3 ?
BTW, I would love to get involved in this in some way.

My 2 mBTC

EDIT: I assumed everybody does know what ProofOfBurn is which may not be true. You send DTC to an unspendable address (a valid address with an unknown private key), see the Counterparty thread here at BTCtalk for an explanation. I believe this is one of the most fair distribution systems. Also Datacoin would recover since it has an infinite supply.

That sounds like a good plan as well. It would be nice if the Datacoin name and branding could carry over though. Even if the DTC community is small, it's still a very well known coin amongst the larger crypto community
gigo

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 10:39:55 PM

Seriously? Is anybody of so called "datacoin community" interested in datacoin development or everybody is floating in the comfortable zone of predicting the future of cryptocurrencies and philosophy in general...? Or, maybe nobody hasn't seen my previous posts? So, let me rephrase:
New Datacoin High Performance, embracing security, stability and performance improvements of Primecoin-HP12 is available for download and testing at http://github.com/g1g0/datacoin-hp !!!
Should I f*ckin' pay somebody for compiling and running the code? YES - 50DTC will go to the first person who posts on this sluggish thread her/his SERIOUS impressions about running the Datacoin port of HP12 ...
dono

Activity: 7

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 11:16:49 PM

Seriously? Is anybody of so called "datacoin community" interested in datacoin development or everybody is floating in the comfortable zone of predicting the future of cryptocurrencies and philosophy in general...? Or, maybe nobody hasn't seen my previous posts? So, let me rephrase:
New Datacoin High Performance, embracing security, stability and performance improvements of Primecoin-HP12 is available for download and testing at http://github.com/g1g0/datacoin-hp !!!
Should I f*ckin' pay somebody for compiling and running the code? YES - 50DTC will go to the first person who posts on this sluggish thread her/his SERIOUS impressions about running the Datacoin port of HP12 ...
patience, i do see ur post and will test it tomorrow on my local network. i appreciate your effort mate.
rubenaco

Activity: 378

NXT FORUM MÁS Y MEJOR

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 09:33:52 PM

the people are losing interest...poor dtc Embarrassed

open your mind!!
gigo

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 10:17:46 PM

You are right. Try hp12 Wink
rubenaco

Activity: 378

NXT FORUM MÁS Y MEJOR

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 10:26:14 PM

You are right. Try hp12 Wink
a lot of people don't known datacoin, only  recent coins.. I have dtc on coinex but I hope that crypsy will accept. you might do comunity.. good luck

open your mind!!
dono

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 11:37:35 PM

gigo, does this hp 12 have a feature like primecoin 12 like synching same wallet on multiple desktop.
dono

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 11:44:07 PM

that's wrong, i think they are waiting for new feature updates and when it comes out dtc prices on bter will raise like crazy hahaha
gigo

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 10:28:23 AM

Hi, yes it should have all the features that Primecoin-HP12 has. I did not test this particular feature yet, but everything is in there.
northranger79510

Activity: 308

Riecoin and Huntercoin to rule all!

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 06:59:09 PM

Calling all DTC holders holding 10k plus DTC PM me! This is for the future of Datacoin!

Huntercoin: H9kttkrQidiQMG9NibmTgjgCKqWJMAkAXD
Riecoin: Like us on https://www.facebook.com/TheRiecoinCommunity
derrend

Activity: 707
Merit: 505

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 01:18:14 AM

Calling all DTC holders holding 10k plus DTC PM me! This is for the future of Datacoin!
Would like to help but am currently only holding 2500ish, am in the process of buying more though Smiley
Patejl

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

You have eyes but can see Mt. Tai?!

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 11:13:02 AM

Which Datacoin miner is best to use with Haswell processors?

▄
                 ▄▄████████▄▄         ▄▄██
 ▄▄           ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄    ▄███▀
 ▀███▄▄     ▄█▀                ▀█▄▄█████▀
  ▀██████▄▄█▀                ▄▄███████▀
   ▐█████████▄           ▄▄███████████
     ▀█████████▄▄      ▄█████████████
       ▀██████████    ███████████████
        ▐▀█████████  █████████████▀ ▐▌
        ▐▌ ▀▀██████ ▐███████████▀   ▐▌
        ▐▌      ▀██ ▐█████████▀     ▐▌
         █        ▀  ██████         █
         ▐█          ▐█████▄       █▌
          ▀█▄         ▀██████▄   ▄█▀
            ▀█▄         ▀█████▌▄█▀
              ▀██▄▄       ▀▄▄██▀
                ▀▀████████▀▀
T
....ANGEL TOKEN....

▄
                 ▄▄████████▄▄         ▄▄██
 ▄▄           ▄██▀▀        ▀▀██▄    ▄█▀█▀ 
 ▀█▀█▄▄     ▄█▀                ▀█▄▄█  ▄█▀ 
  ▀█  ▀▀█▄▄█▀                ▄▄██░   █▀   
   ▐▄▄  ░░░▀█▄           ▄▄█▀▀░░░   ▄█     
     ▀█▄ ░░░▒▒█▄▄      ▄██▒▒▒▒▒░    █     
       ▀▄▄ ░░▒▒▒▓█    ██▒▒▒▒▒▒░   ▄▄█     
        ▐▀█▄░░▒▒▓██  █▓▒▒▒▒▒▒░  ▄█▀ ▐▌     
        ▐▌ ▀▀█▒▓███░▐█▓▒▒▒▒░░ ▄█▀   ▐▌     
        ▐▌      ▀██ ▐█▓▓▒▒▄▄▄█▀     ▐▌     
         █        ▀  █▓█▀▀█         █     
         ▐█          ▐▄▓░ █▄       █▌     
          ▀█▄         ▀█▒░ ▀█▄   ▄█▀       
            ▀█▄         ▀█▄▄▄█▌▄█▀         
              ▀██▄▄       ▀▄▄██▀           
                 ▀▀████████▀▀             

gigo

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 11:32:54 AM

Hi,
Which Datacoin miner is best to use with Haswell processors?

For solo mining the only option is datacoin-hp, I guess.
Ardolafat

Activity: 476

View Profile
March 28, 2014, 07:46:44 AM

Any news from development team?
maxsolnc

Activity: 350

DTC unofficial team

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2014, 08:29:24 AM

Any news from development team?
There will be very interesting news, not for 'pump prices', but from tech-side. They will come not from the core developer who seems to leave Datacoin. Stay tuned Wink

DTC: DMcKNp47fNtgM7sritK9GfJEQ1DzME5nwk
BTC: 1FgUGra685ZwkrX5VnRvfaYp4bHJhC7x4H
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 »
  Print  

Jump to: