Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:41:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can we try this all together now...  (Read 2018 times)
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 04:17:39 AM

I would extend this to "never put BTC on a private key that you don't exclusively control."

So, on 3:

WE WILL NOT USE ONLINE WALLETS ANYMORE, AND WE WILL NOT USE EXCHANGES (FOR ANYTHING BUT IMMEDIATE ORDER EXECUTIONS) ANYMORE EITHER.

Bitfloor still owes me 1.84915808 BTC.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gweedo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 04:25:13 AM

I would extend this to "never put BTC on a private key that you don't exclusively control."

So, on 3:

WE WILL NOT USE ONLINE WALLETS ANYMORE, AND WE WILL NOT USE EXCHANGES (FOR ANYTHING BUT IMMEDIATE ORDER EXECUTIONS) ANYMORE EITHER.

Bitfloor still owes me 1.84915808 BTC.

Agreed!!!
TheButterZone
Legendary

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 06:33:41 AM

We all need a way to buy bitcoins right?

Indeed, and ideally IMO exchanges should be left to bots and institutional investors, while the average user should be doing it peer-to-peer. No BS fees or thefts, no regulation of economic liberty and others out of existence, and you may opt to exchange goods and services P2P rather than simply the fiat-BTC-fiat speculation closed loop. I just don't see any be-all, end-all tool for P2P ready for primetime yet. LocalBitcoins was a good first step, Elqnt may be the second...

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Gumbork

Activity: 583
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 06:36:42 AM

What happen to bitfloor?

▄
            ▄███▄
          ▄███████▄
   ▄▄▄    █
█████████
   ███
    ███████████▄
██    ████    ████████▄
      ████    ██████████
  ████    ████▀██████████
  ████    ██▀   ▀█████████▄
      █████       █████████▄
      ███▀         ▀████████
  ██████▀           ▀███████
  █████▀             ▀█████
   ████ █▄▄▄     ▄▄▄█ ████
    ███ ▀███████████▀ ███
     ▀▀█▄ █████████ ▄█▀▀
        ▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄▀▀
●●
●●
●●
●●
●●
●●
|●  facebook
●  reddit
●  ann thread
|
█ ██
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██

██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
██ █
TheButterZone
Legendary

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 06:37:13 AM

What happen to bitfloor?

http://bitcoinmagazine.com/2139/bitfloor-hacked-250000-missing/

gweedo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 06:51:32 AM

We all need a way to buy bitcoins right?

Indeed, and ideally IMO exchanges should be left to bots and institutional investors, while the average user should be doing it peer-to-peer. No BS fees or thefts, no regulation of economic liberty and others out of existence, and you may opt to exchange goods and services P2P rather than simply the fiat-BTC-fiat speculation closed loop. I just don't see any be-all, end-all tool for P2P ready for primetime yet. LocalBitcoins was a good first step, Elqnt may be the second...

I think we are a failure of our own success. I mean who is running the exchanges, in-experienced, young programmers and entrepreneurs. They don't know how to run an exchange, they don't know how to deal with laws changing. You can't go into this area and have a half-assed job and think you are going to get somewhere. This isn't a web 2.0 company where you roll out and hope the servers don't fall over. An exchange needs months of testing, a legal team and a programming team that can go from new features to fixing new bugs in 2 secs without losing a cent. This isn't easy stuff, but all think it is. I get asked almost once a month to be a partner on an exchange site. And I will ask them do you have a business plan 99.9% don't have a business plan so that makes it easy. The 0.1% that does have a business plan makes zero sense and will fail in a month.
MoneyGod

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 07:50:14 AM

WE WILL NOT USE ONLINE WALLETS ANYMORE.

Good job class!

COME ON NO ONE SAW THIS COMING? INSTAWALLET HACKED, BLOCKCHAIN HAD THERE HACKS, IT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN AT SOME POINT NOW INPUTS OFFICIALLY HACKED. Targets are painted in red with online wallets, unless you have google's security team to quickly step in when a hack is going down, they are not safe. Look now TF is sleeping dreaming of bitcoins that he is making, while he is getting wiped clean. Not good.

I am not saying, I told you all so, but I told you all so. Now lets put all our money on local clients.

No please, online wallet is good.... just need more protections thats all...

you can use online wallets, but at some point you will lose those coins. No site is hacker proof, they can't be it is impossible. Inputs is even worst, you have no control over the private keys so you don't have control over the coins. End of story.

Newbies don't do this, don't fight it, we seen the worst of the worst you have not.

TradeFrotress said that they will reimburse.. So I guess its consider safe?

LOL yes reimbursements == safe! It will never be safe. If google can't 100% secure their site, how do you think one freelance person going to do that?

its not happen first time its happen many times and now we must have to think about our money we cannot offored to lost again and again on these online wallets unless they have 100% security

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: