Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:47:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are you afraid of AI?  (Read 175 times)
Discourze (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 05:35:52 PM

Is it a blessing or a curse?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
itsandylandman

Activity: 64
Merit: 9

"Don't look back but never forget"

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 05:53:16 PM
Last edit: April 04, 2018, 06:54:00 PM by itsandylandman
Merited by Vod (2)

Is it a blessing or a curse?

It really just depends on how we program the AI initially IMO. We need to make sure that the AI understands that our imperfection as a species makes us actually superior to AI in the sense that while we do have deficiencies for sure,  but those slight genetic mutations in our DNA also help us evolve as a species. If you cut off the mutations and our ability to fail and learn from our failure (which AI would think it was SAVING us from) then humans as a species stop evolving. If we aren't evolving we are devolving in some way, which would defeat the purpose of having created AI in the first place.

Not to mention that statistically, its MUCH more probable that we are living in an artificial simulation than in the real reality. The one reality so to speak. Think about this for a second... If we had only one reality and one shot at living a real life outside of simulation, then we would want everyone to be "enlightened" and on the same level so we could have a harmonious reality. Wouldn't it make sense that we would put everyone (as a child) in simulated experiences in order to teach them the lessons they need to learn so they can become "enlightened" to the right way of living? Wouldn't that explain reincarnation and the sense that we are just here to learn lessons? That would ALSO explain the concept of heaven as a place you get to go when you have finally learned the lessons you need to. Maybe they just pull us out of the continuous simulation once we are ready....

All i know is something is off with this world, and there are a lot of contradictions and a lot of stuff that nobody can/will explain to the masses. That mixed with the FACT that it is super improbable that this is the real "one" reality really gets me thinking.... If it is a simulation, AI runs it for sure... So when we create AI in this reality, wtf does that mean? do we run simulations inside the simulation? My head hurts now... Huh Huh Huh

"Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." -Napolian Hill
-Andrew Land
MediaCoin Inc.
Discourze (OP)

Activity: 25

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 06:57:50 PM

We need to make sure that the AI understands that our imperfection as a species makes us actually superior to AI... If you cut off the mutations and our ability to fail and learn from our failure (which AI would think it was SAVING us from) then humans as a species stop evolving. If we are evolving we are devolving in some way...

That's an amazing perspective. Those post apocalyptic movies always end up having an AI form that says, "in order to save mankind, we must destroy it before it..." Usually leading to the end of humanity until some superhero figure (John Connor) comes and leads the revolution against the machines. How do we get them to understand that they are flawed because they are perfect, though?

Not to mention that statistically, its MUCH more probable that we are living in an artificial simulation than in the real reality... Wouldn't it make sense that we would put everyone (as a child) in simulated experiences in order to teach them the lessons they need to learn so they can become "enlightened" to the right way of living? ... Maybe they just pull us out of the continuous simulation once we are ready....

So, like a secondary reality where we're hooked up to a machine that performs as many "reincarnations" as it takes before we've reached enlightenment and can function and appreciate a utopian society? Like, we're brought intrinsically flawed into this world and the simulations help us understand how to get rid of all the imperfections of "needs" and be self sufficient, repeating life until we finally reach a digital nirvana.

AI runs it for sure... So when we create AI in this reality, wtf does that mean? do we run simulations inside the simulation? My head hurts now... Huh Huh Huh

Woah, had to sit down for this one. Perhaps the simulation is designed like a game that evolves, because of the generations that are coming in as the others are exiting. It would have to follow a timeline that makes the users believe the environment they're in, making them keep records, evolve, discover, and create new tech. Eventually, the game would go through every possible scenario depending on where humanity takes it. So, potentially, we've destroyed the world several times over and the machine has to put our consciousness into single-celled organisms as a kind of "time out."

"Oh boy, the humans destroyed the planet again, reboot the system Siri and let's bring it back to creation."
smithjones

Activity: 34

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 07:06:20 PM

There is nothing to afraid, it is all for good
crypto_nd

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

Less troubles

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 07:52:30 PM

Just so you know, we as human we can never create anything that will learn and evolve faster than us. I always ask people this *don't you think AI will only function with software's* though complicated software's, quantum computing and so on. No matter how complicating and evolving this AI is it can never be enough to be compared to human.
Needless to say, i am not afraid of AI because it will always need upgrading.

itsandylandman

Merit: 9

"Don't look back but never forget"

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 09:53:56 PM

We need to make sure that the AI understands that our imperfection as a species makes us actually superior to AI... If you cut off the mutations and our ability to fail and learn from our failure (which AI would think it was SAVING us from) then humans as a species stop evolving. If we are evolving we are devolving in some way...

That's an amazing perspective. Those post apocalyptic movies always end up having an AI form that says, "in order to save mankind, we must destroy it before it..." Usually leading to the end of humanity until some superhero figure (John Connor) comes and leads the revolution against the machines. How do we get them to understand that they are flawed because they are perfect, though?

Not to mention that statistically, its MUCH more probable that we are living in an artificial simulation than in the real reality... Wouldn't it make sense that we would put everyone (as a child) in simulated experiences in order to teach them the lessons they need to learn so they can become "enlightened" to the right way of living? ... Maybe they just pull us out of the continuous simulation once we are ready....

So, like a secondary reality where we're hooked up to a machine that performs as many "reincarnations" as it takes before we've reached enlightenment and can function and appreciate a utopian society? Like, we're brought intrinsically flawed into this world and the simulations help us understand how to get rid of all the imperfections of "needs" and be self sufficient, repeating life until we finally reach a digital nirvana.

AI runs it for sure... So when we create AI in this reality, wtf does that mean? do we run simulations inside the simulation? My head hurts now... Huh Huh Huh

Woah, had to sit down for this one. Perhaps the simulation is designed like a game that evolves, because of the generations that are coming in as the others are exiting. It would have to follow a timeline that makes the users believe the environment they're in, making them keep records, evolve, discover, and create new tech. Eventually, the game would go through every possible scenario depending on where humanity takes it. So, potentially, we've destroyed the world several times over and the machine has to put our consciousness into single-celled organisms as a kind of "time out."

"Oh boy, the humans destroyed the planet again, reboot the system Siri and let's bring it back to creation."

Well shit, im glad SOMEONE gets what i'm saying... Everyone i talk to about it is open until i promptly blow their mind, then they go right to defending beliefs that cant be proven.. I cant prove this obviously, but i'm also not saying i believe it. I am just open to the possibility of it being the case. TBH though if you look at like the double slit or other experiments related to quantum physics it makes you wonder if there is some sort of AI controlling reality... unfortunately we don't understand the results well enough to determine if they are proof but i'm hoping we will eventually... basically, a particle is a wave. then you look at it and it immediately collapses and chooses the state it wants to present to you.... then you look away again and poof... its a wave. it can be anything and nothing at the same time, and it COULD be that there is an AI presence that every atom is connected with that is working to make this a believable reality because otherwise it wouldn't work...
Ok sit down again. listen to this: What if our reality got infected with some sort of virus that is causing it to go to shit... which is why the world is headed in the direction it seems to be headed in... If we live in a simulation, then a computer had to create this reality, all the matter, and so us. The "creator."
So what if the AI program that created us went rogue or was infected with a benevolent type of AI that wants to trap us here in reincarnation or keep us from learning our lessons by keeping us mindlessly entertained.
I do a lot of mindfulness meditation just to stay out of my head and ego and when i am present i can say this world is a whole hell of a lot more entertaining then we give it credit for when you step back and look at everyone mindlessly running from one thing to another, never stopping to take an extra breath let alone clear their head...
I dunno, maybe i need to start writing books or something, because this is the shit in my head ever since i studied quantum physics a little and decided (for myself) that there is something more to this world than meets the eye. Too much shit that doesn't make sense unless you're willing to just BELIEVE it with no basis or fact.

"Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." -Napolian Hill
-Andrew Land
MediaCoin Inc.
HelperAdvisorsLLP

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 07:02:31 AM

I think it can be really helpful, but it is dangerous, too. It's like nuclear bomb - no one could have imagined to which tragedies it lead
Nik007

Activity: 36

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 01:49:19 PM

Its to early to say afraid but 5 to 10 years from now it can be....
Berdecit

Activity: 4

View Profile
April 13, 2018, 03:31:45 PM

BERKAH: internet and social media is very exciting because it allows us to search for various information. KNOCK: another case with people who have done wrong. news, video or pictures emblazoned on the internet, it will be stored for. even if the person is already repentant, until whenever news about him remain stored on the internet.
anglosaxon

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 07:11:05 PM

Actually, artificial intelligence fear of me. In my opinion, it is very hard to make a prediction about the borders of the artificial intelligence between the private life.
Rimcoin

Activity: 224

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 08:06:23 PM

I think it's very dangerous. I heard a story where they made an experiment by talking two artificial intelligences and one day they invented their own language and nobody understood what they were saying. The experiment was stopped hastily. Everyone has freaked out. Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Jon Lee

Activity: 17

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 09:24:18 PM

Nah man i don't think there's anything wrong with AI so for me is more like a blessing
dumachi88

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 09:27:32 PM

They can easily be programmed to kill by the ruling class
iamreal

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 09:50:39 PM

Every technology has its good and bad sides. So AI as well has its good and bad side. It could be use for good and bad it's depends on the usage.
jaac

Activity: 183
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 10:24:42 PM

You learn from your mistakes you should never be afraid. You have to be a leader
EfganMiu

Activity: 60

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 01:27:57 AM

I'm not afraid of anyone. Which only have respect. I respect the people around me. I will act, behave in a moderate level, allowing the level to not affect people around. That is respect, is the minimum courtesy. There is no fear
hasan saifurridzal

Activity: 22

View Profile
April 17, 2018, 01:54:40 AM

a blessing or a curse depends on how we respond, but I think this is a blessing
ololesia

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 03:31:45 PM

I think AI is helpful in many spheres of life. However, its fast development is terrifying. Moreover, I'm afraid it will replace people at their jobs. So I think it's half blessing and half curse
bintangkejoraku

Activity: 262
Merit: 1

https://saturn.black

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 04:09:53 PM

I'm not afraid but I'll think twice about it. he can help human life but also can be destructive.

♛ SATURN♛
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
Rexphyl

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 12:57:08 AM

AI is cool, but kind of feel it can go out of control.. i would love to have one
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: