Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:55:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I wana snap my Pi in half and forget I ever saw it...  (Read 2518 times)
MoreBloodWine (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 12:24:41 AM

Ok, so I got it hooked up wired, went in SSH and got all this pretty stuff...

Code:
An ARM arch linux-based mining platform, designed
 for ARM microcomputers.

Peon's in feudal times were indentured vassals, often
 assgined dangerous, tedious and unpleasant work,
 like mining.  -- The MineForeman

[Thu Nov 7 00:22:23 UTC 2013]
[Linux minepeon 3.6.11-18-ARCH+ armv6l]

wlan0 IP:
eth0 IP:192.168.0.2

[minepeon@minepeon ~]$

Followed everything the guides say, the two I'm reading from got my wirless net to show in the available list but it gets to obtaining IP then says not connected.

Anybody got a guide for dummies on this thing ?

To be decided...
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mogrith
Legendary

Activity: 1470

Use Coinbase Account almosanywhere with Shift card

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 03:36:36 AM

just for testing turn encryption off on your router and Pi see if it will connect that way if so then make sure you match protocols for enycption

also do there devices connect to the router?

Merge mine BLC+PHO+ELT+XDQ+BBTC+UMO+LIT pool is open http://la1.blakecoin.com tips: 1MogRiTHpQZ7bkpq49cSVWADrTt7Jrghp
MoreBloodWine (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 04:32:22 AM

just for testing turn encryption off on your router and Pi see if it will connect that way if so then make sure you match protocols for enycption

also do there devices connect to the router?
Yes other devices connect to the router and I "think" I know what's wrong... on he settings page or the connection. It has WPA preselected, when I choose WEP and F10 to save. I try the connection aain and it mentions I think somethin about a WPA profile. So I go back in to edit connection and lo n behold, WPA is selected like I never even chose WEP.

To be decided...
HellDiverUK

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 09:05:11 AM

Mining on OpenWRT on a cheap router is WAY easier than messing about with a Pi. 

Cheaper, too, as your router comes with USB that works, gigabit network, PSU that works, wifi that works...

I use a TPLink TL-WDR3600.  It's been perfect.
MoreBloodWine (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 12:50:53 PM

Mining on OpenWRT on a cheap router is WAY easier than messing about with a Pi. 

Cheaper, too, as your router comes with USB that works, gigabit network, PSU that works, wifi that works...

I use a TPLink TL-WDR3600.  It's been perfect.
Well, I wana mine with a Pi, so...

To be decided...
mogrith
Legendary

Activity: 1470

Use Coinbase Account almosanywhere with Shift card

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2013, 04:42:20 PM

Sounds like you are on the right track You need to set the wifi encryption protocol to be the same as the router. You might try the closes one to WPA 1-2 Passphrase. I'm just starting on this so I don't remember the exact entry and can't log into it right now.

Merge mine BLC+PHO+ELT+XDQ+BBTC+UMO+LIT pool is open http://la1.blakecoin.com tips: 1MogRiTHpQZ7bkpq49cSVWADrTt7Jrghp
MoreBloodWine (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2013, 07:49:08 PM

Sounds like you are on the right track You need to set the wifi encryption protocol to be the same as the router. You might try the closes one to WPA 1-2 Passphrase. I'm just starting on this so I don't remember the exact entry and can't log into it right now.
I swear to go this god damn 360 second thing is PISSING me off. Just lose a good paragraph... I'll probably brak this site beore my pi.

Anyway, the settings never seems to save when I choose WEP to dumb down what I just said that the site raped me on.

To be decided...
kabopar

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 12:20:52 PM

This is probably not unique to the Pi.... you need to get all your settings on the client correct to be able to connect to wifi:  same encryption type (usually WPA these days, as WEP is obsolete and unsafe), same key or passphrase, same wifi channel, correct mac address entry if you filter mac addresses.... breaking it is easier, but will not get you connected....
MoreBloodWine (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 08, 2013, 12:43:36 PM

This is probably not unique to the Pi.... you need to get all your settings on the client correct to be able to connect to wifi:  same encryption type (usually WPA these days, as WEP is obsolete and unsafe), same key or passphrase, same wifi channel, correct mac address entry if you filter mac addresses.... breaking it is easier, but will not get you connected....

Well, I changed the router to WPA2-PSK (AES), when I chose just WPA, the router told me I wouldnt get full N support without WPA2-PSK (AES). Anywaay, chanel was automatic... I have since set to 7 so I will try aain later and see what happens. Will pot back, would try now but I gotta wait for a secondary SD ccard... I decided to use the 16gb one I got a good deal on yesterday for my camera lol. Got an 8gb SD that should be here in the next few hrs.

Ty thus far my friend !

Edit: Don't know what you mean by filtering addresses but the I know macs are eunique to the hardware connected to the rouer. Thins like IP etc though I have se to auto asign. Then I go in  the router and assign to the device so only i can use said IP.

To be decided...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: