Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 07:22:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][WEBD][CPU][POW&POS] 🌍 WebDollar - Currency of the Internet | in browser  (Read 43565 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (5 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
WebDollar.io (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 05:58:59 PM
Last edit: March 16, 2019, 06:41:50 PM by WebDollar.io

"WebDollar | Currency of the Internet"

"WebDollar Github"  "WebDollar Telegram"  "WebDollar Reddit"  "WebDollar Medium"  "WebDollar Facebook"  "WebDollar Twitter"

"What makes WebDollar unique"

WebDollar (WEBD)  is a cryptocurrency fully native to the World Wide Web, entirely written in JavaScript, built around the concepts of simplicity, lightness and portability.

WebDollar’s mission is to foster the mainstream adoption of cryptocurrency.

In order to make that vision a reality, we need to address all kinds of users, not just the tech savvy, like most of the other cryptos do. For that, we've created the simplest possible user experience for  a cryptocurrency:

•  No Installations
     •  No Downloads
     •  No account creation or complicated configurations.
     •  Wallet is safely created automatically and stored locally.

Just visit WebDollar.io and you can start mining directly on the site.

WebDollar uses a Non-Interactive Proofs of Proof of Work (NiPoPoW) consensus mechanism, which means that the verification of the transactions are done without requiring the download of the entire blockchain history from the genesis, but only the hardest proofs and blocks that distinguish attackers from honest nodes (miners) which keep the correct blockchain.

This means that you won’t need to download hundreds of gigs of data to start mining and you can access the blockchain for mining from any device, almost immediately.

These features position WebDollar as a currency for the masses. Indeed, we aim for mass adoption and this is why we designed a WebDollar supply of fine granularity (see specs below).

We have also redesigned mining from the bottom up, introducing the concept of social mining. As a vital function of providing trust, mining was originally intended to be a social deed, supporting the Bitcoin network. This social element was disregarded as mining resources were consolidated and centralized. Through our technology we empower people again, and mining  becomes possible for anyone, on any device.  

Mining Pool creators are able to incentivize miners to join their pools, by sharing profits fairly with their miners, providing  a simple and efficient means to decentralize the pool structure of the blockchain. Our ASIC-resistant and GPU-unfriendly hash function, Argon2d, provides further encouragement to help make mining a social phenomenon and foster mass awareness in the process.

The future of payments and content creator monetization

Our technology, native to the web, offers competitive and scalable transaction speed and reduced confirmation time, making it an ideal payment method for online retailers.

Through our transparent, equitable means of mining on websites, WebDollar offers content creators a fair and profitable way of replacing or complementing ads in exchange for the value they deliver, online.

"Ecosystem"

After the launch of our Mainnet, we will provide powerful off-chain solutions for an anonymity layer, we will introduce support for smart contracts and develop a peer-to-peer marketplace in which goods can be easily bought or sold with WEBD.

More info

For more information about WebDollar’s technology, please visit our white paper or our Medium tech snapshot:

"WebdDollar Whitepaper"  

"Technical Specification"

Name: WebDollar
     Symbol: WEBD
     Total supply: 42,000,000,000 (42 Billion) WEBD
     Named subunit: WebCent = 0.01 WEBD
     Smallest subunit: 0.0001 WEBD

Block time: 40 seconds
     Block reward: halving every 3,153,600 blocks (4 years)
     Initial block reward: 6000 WEBD
     Difficulty: retargets every 10 blocks

Mining Pools: Available
     Mining Algorithm: Argon2d
     Consensus: NiPoPoW

"Supply & Emission"

Total supply:
The coins will be issued through mining over a 100 year time span, with 9.9% (4.1568 Billion) reserved for WebDollar Genesis.

Emission charts:

"WebDollar Chart Block Reward"   "WebDollar Chart Supply"

Genesis split:
The WEBD reserved from the Genesis will be used for the further development of the technology & ecosystem and to reward the development work done so far. They will be distributed as follows, and released gradually according to the funding needs of the project.

"table"

"WebDollar piechart"

"Roadmap"

"WebDollar Roadmap"

"Media"

WebDollar presentation in Saudi Arabia @ Human Machine Future
       WebDollar award-winning presentation @ d10e
       WebDollar Testnet Tutorial
       Why WebDollar can be everthing Bitcoin failed to be | Article
       Why WebDollar will not have an ICO | Article
       How WebDollar is reinventing mining | Article
       Get Ready for the Pool Party! | Article

For more information see our Media Section here.

Or find out more on our other social media channels

"WebDollar Github"  "WebDollar Telegram"  "WebDollar Reddit"  "WebDollar Medium"  "WebDollar Facebook"  "WebDollar Twitter"

@WebDollar - Currency of the Internet             https://webdollar.io             MINING DIRECTLY IN BROWSER
Github    |     Telegram    |    Reddit    |    Medium    |     Facebook    |    Twitter
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
venit4u

Activity: 357
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 05:59:33 PM
Last edit: April 04, 2018, 06:38:25 PM by venit4u

I like this project! Good luck! Any mining pools where we can join?
BobaFettCrypto

Activity: 3

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 06:00:42 PM

This is the project that will bring mass adoption for blockchain and cryptocurrencies. Good luck guys! You have an awesome community
WebDollar.io (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 06:02:01 PM

Reserved

@WebDollar - Currency of the Internet             https://webdollar.io             MINING DIRECTLY IN BROWSER
Github    |     Telegram    |    Reddit    |    Medium    |     Facebook    |    Twitter
WebDollar.io (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 06:03:48 PM

Reserved

tghs

Activity: 16

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 06:05:25 PM
Last edit: April 04, 2018, 10:14:53 PM by tghs

Who wants testnet WebDollars?
Post your addresses.
Here is my address:

WEBD$gAfIvfhXv1zAfP9$SopJEGJ3mkjpmHIh7X$

Later edit: I may not respond immediately. Consider heading to the WebDollar telegram channel for more transaction testing: https://t.me/WebDollar
ikopa

Activity: 4

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 06:09:33 PM
Last edit: April 05, 2018, 05:34:23 AM by ikopa

Glad to see this project here. I can hardly wait to mine some little WEBD.
hiker

Activity: 58

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 06:11:22 PM

Is this for real?
abanamat

Activity: 274
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 06:13:21 PM

I'm in! Great project! Finally fresh air!  Grin
papilyn

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 06:14:38 PM

lets mine!

cryptonomicon25

Activity: 460
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 06:15:15 PM

So this is a testnet, right? The coins don't actually count?
abanamat

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 06:15:45 PM

Post your addresses.
Here is my address:
WEBD$gCjDq92+zkIuaqw1BsuU3tejvip7C2+EEH$

Sending 10 WEBD. Got them?  Wink
romeo2906

Activity: 30

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 06:17:25 PM

I am very optimistic about this currency!
alexandru.b

Activity: 62

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 06:20:32 PM

Guys, I am Alexandru, one of the devs from WebDollar. Here is our White Paper http://webdollar.io/public/doc/WebDollar-White-Paper.pdf.

If you have questions regarding the technology behind namely Mini Blockchain Schema or the Non Interactive Proofs of Proofs of Work, let me know. Here is our GitHub https://github.com/WebDollar/Node-WebDollar is . We didn't do any ICO and we didn't accept any pre-sales offers we had so far. So, we won't do any ICO Smiley

@cryptonomicon25 yes at the moment it is a test net. Very soon we will finalize everything and release the Genesis soon.
abanamat

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 06:22:37 PM

Guys, I am Alexandru, one of the devs from WebDollar. Here is our White Paper http://webdollar.io/public/doc/WebDollar-White-Paper.pdf.

If you have questions regarding the technology behind namely Mini Blockchain Schema or the Non Interactive Proofs of Proofs of Work, let me know. Here is our GitHub https://github.com/WebDollar/Node-WebDollar is . We didn't do any ICO and we didn't accept any pre-sales offers we had so far. So, we won't do any ICO Smiley

@cryptonomicon25 yes at the moment it is a test net. Very soon we will finalize everything and release the Genesis soon.

Thanks, Alexandru! I like the idea an hope you'll do it well!
papilyn

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 06:22:47 PM

all what we mined in test will transfer to MainNet?

alexandru.b

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 06:27:33 PM

The main net called also Genesys will start very soon. Everything mined in all test net version was or will be reset. But, we already had a small bounty campaign called Baby Bounty and all the rewards from the Bounty campaign will be honored after the main net. We will also launch another Bounty Campaign in the day after Main Net. The bounties ranking is here http://webdollar.io/bounties
tghs

Activity: 16

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 06:28:58 PM

Post your addresses.
Here is my address:
WEBD$gCjDq92+zkIuaqw1BsuU3tejvip7C2+EEH$

Sending 10 WEBD. Got them?  Wink

Not sure, as there are only the last 20 blocks transactions listed and that is the address where I mine. So, try again at this address:

WEBD$gAfIvfhXv1zAfP9$SopJEGJ3mkjpmHIh7X$

And, give me yours, to send you back 20 Smiley
alexandru.b

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 06:34:03 PM

@tghs I've sent you some Test Net WebDollars

https://i.imgur.com/oYtpWu0.png
papilyn

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 06:34:55 PM

the web miner is using cpu/gpu? cuz crash my gpu miner after some minutes.

pd, set 0 cores as default when i visit the web.
pd2, discord?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 63 »
  Print  

Jump to: