Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 08:53:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][WEBD][CPU][POW&POS] 🌍 WebDollar - Currency of the Internet | in browser  (Read 43569 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (5 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
George_Alexandru

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 08:50:43 AM

Yeah, he posted the same message 4 days ago on Reddit but was instantly banned and the message was deleted.
So he's created a bitcointalk account specially to troll WebDollar  😂😂
He's clearly frustrated about the promising and imminent WebDollar success.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
qory

Activity: 1722
Merit: 508

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 09:10:42 AM

Yeah, he posted the same message 4 days ago on Reddit but was instantly banned and the message was deleted.
it seems so, but it's better for us to ignore his words
maybe he will keep trying by doing so, but it will not work
and he quit because he was tired to do it

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
tghs

Activity: 16

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 09:19:45 AM

Interesting project.

Mainnet will launched in ...?

There will be a countdown for mainnet.
Also, subscribe to the newsletter on WebDollar.io
webdollar-scam

Activity: 9

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 09:51:13 AM

it seems so, but it's better for us to ignore his words
maybe he will keep trying by doing so, but it will not work
and he quit because he was tired to do it

I agree, it's better to shut up when you don't have answers.
Until now, the Webdollar community answers were to censor things, delete messages and ban users that raise questions.
CruE11a

Activity: 30
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 10:07:33 AM

I'm asking myself if admins from Reddit banned you and, also, deleted your troll-messages because you raised questions  Grin
webdollar-scam

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 10:16:00 AM

This looks like an alternative for NIMIQ, also a browser based Blockchain project.
Webdollar allready has tokens that allow Smart Contacts in jawascript and anonimity superior to bitcoin.
This is a false statement. Webdollar does not have smart contracts and will never have anonimity because was not designed from the start with an anonimity goal (unlike Monero).

[/quote]
so we all are on equal ground at the start
[/quote]
How can this be true when the premined is 10%. Just picture this: for all the webdollars to be mined it requires 100 years, the premined is 10%.
Equal ground for sure.
AlexandruPanait

Activity: 232

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 10:19:39 AM

Hello Webd, tested your testnet (lol), everything works fine so far. Congrats, reading White Paper and looks really impressive  Wink
Question for future mainnet when mining in pool will be launched: the pool owner can set the minimum CPU requirements?
Thanks.

The pool owner will have more dates about minners and can add/remove miners according to their production. If a miner is generate a good hash rate you can take the decision for keeping/removing that miner. Thank you for your support, don't forget to subscribe  on our newsletter!
George_Alexandru

Activity: 14

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 10:25:44 AM

webdollar-scam, are you the same user who a month ago threatened to hack the webdollar.io servers and asked for a huge reward not to do so? I think you are, you threatened to keep the servers offline if you did not get payed for a lot of money.

When you got banned from webdollar.io Telegram's group you promised that you will talk shit about the project everywhere, that you will invade the forums and say that webdollar.io is not trustworthy. So, at least you keep the promise, lol
So, ciocu mic si pas de vals ca nu te crede nimeni, fraiere Smiley

Is this guy aware that asking for ransom is a felony and can be prosecuted and jailed?
Lame and pathetic.
ShuCong

Activity: 29

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 10:31:22 AM

"we need to address all kinds of users, not just the tech savvy, like most of the other cryptos do" - they address tech savvies because the last have powerful pc-s for mining. If all the users start mining from there browsers it'll simply kill their GPU/CPU in a year. I'm not sure that the earnings will be more than a killed pc costs.
webdollar-scam

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 10:37:52 AM

"we need to address all kinds of users, not just the tech savvy, like most of the other cryptos do" - they address tech savvies because the last have powerful pc-s for mining. If all the users start mining from there browsers it'll simply kill their GPU/CPU in a year. I'm not sure that the earnings will be more than a killed pc costs.

Also, mining from the browsers is less efficient than 'bare-metal' mining. It will destroy your CPU and the reward will be much lower than the reward of the tech savvies with the same hardware.
alexandru.b

Activity: 62

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 10:43:37 AM

@webdollar-scam I see that you have an ongoing problem with us. Most of the problem is caused by the fact that you requested us to join our open source project and because of your 0 tech knowledge (you didn't push any commit on GitHub ever) or made a pull request, we have declined your membership in the WebDollar GitHub community. Moreover, for this,  you @webdollar-scam user have tried many times to blackmail us asking us to give you WebDollars for free. Your behavior strongly makes us believe you try to blackmail us in return for receiving membership or to pursue us to make us alternate the Genesis Blockchain to give you free coins from the system. We will never do this for any blackmailer. This is impossible, we won't discuss and ever negociate with the people who blackmail us. The funny part is that there no reason ( nothing ) to blackmail us.  

Regarding your remarks. Our project is on open source on GitHub since October (since the day one when we started the project). You have never made an issue report, you have never detected any issue in our project, but you still try to blackmail us everywhere to receive free WebDollar coins.

Why WebDollar is a shitcoin.

1. Pump-and-dump scheme
The sole purpose of the webdollar cryptocurrency is to create a pump and dump scheme at the expense of the so-called 'investors'.
How? Selling premined coins through their website (advertised as an exchange platform).
The currency is advertised as an investment and they are creating hype ("we expect the prices to spike very fast seconds after the release" [1]).
On the day of the dump (called 'Initial Release Event') the premined coins will be sold by the webdollar founders.
Be aware: they advertise webdollar as an investment, but they are not registered with SEC.
Selling webdollar through their website will be illegal.

We won't sell any WebDollars on our website. WebDollar.io is just a gateway to mine WebDollar trustless like Bitcoin. WebDollar.io is just one of the many gateways. There is already another gateway called webd.com which is not administrated by us and can conenct to the main network. Moreover, Satoshi was the first miner of Bitcoin. Satoshi Nakamoto (Hal Finney) premined Bitcoin too because he was the only miner and he mined thousands of blocks himself, mining thousands of Bitcoin. According to your judgment Bitcoin is still a pump and dump right? Moreover, half of 9.9%, namely over 50% will be given away to members and community throught bounties and rewards for promoting WebDollar, reporting bug issues or just working hard for the WebDollar community. How could it be P&P with less than 4%, although there will be 40 billion WebDollars owned and mined  by miners all of the world.

Videos:
They don't want to register a company because they don't want to be held liable for the pump-and-dump scheme. (https://youtu.be/6YAEtqtL_So?t=9m30s)
Webdollar is premined: https://youtu.be/p3zC7u_KRAY?t=3m51s

[1] https://medium.com/@adrianmihaistratulat/not-another-ico-56cd4c6fe0c4

We are an open soruce project just like Bitcoin. We didn't accept funds, we didn't accept even donations, we didn't accept hundrends of offers of presales to don't get influenced by greedy investors.

Is Bitcoin registered as a company? No, Bitcoin is not registered as a company or an any kind of legal entity. Bitcoin is a protocol and an open source community. Is Ethereum registered as a company? No. It is  not. We also take in consideration to create a foundation in Switzerland exactly like the Ethereum Foundation.

2. Developers have no experience in the cryptocurrency community

The webdollar project started 6 months ago. Before that, the founders had no experience in the cryptocurrency community.
Now they are already advertising that they are 'specialized in blockchain applications'.

Examples [2]:
a) they don't know about constant time cryptography
"Cum naiba poti sa scrii altfel ca sa verifici 2 hashuri daca sunt diferite?
for (let i=0; i<initialHash.length; i++)
if (initialHash !== myHash) return false;
Sa mor eu daca poti scrie altfel codul aceasta si sa fie mai eficient.
Este aproape atomic, tinand cond ca initialHash si myHash au acelasi lungimi si sunt reprezentate pe 32 bytes."

We know about Timing attacks and because of this we use the Node.js official supported buffer1.equals(buffer2) function. By  this way Node.js developers will give us the best solutions against any kind of Timing Attacks that could be found. Timing attacks for node.js don't really exist, and could be an problem only in the Node.js application or the Browsers in case they will have this kind of issue in their Event Loop . I don't see any way how WebDollar could be exploited using this Timing Attack. Isntead of just saying, why you don't attack the main net and he will reward with you bounties.

b) they don't know about PQC

"Deobicei fuunctile criptografie lucreaza pe 2^256 si sunt vulnerabile la calculatoare quantice." it is trivial to switch to a 512bit hash function to negate quantum attacks.

Also 512 bt hash functions are not quantum safe. For 8 years so far, Bitcoin uses SHA256 and RIPEMND (on 160 bits for public addresses) which were demonstrated by experience as being a very good solution against all existing adiabatic quantum computers. Bitcoin uses also the secp256k1's elliptic curve y^2 = x^3 + 7, that was never demonstrated mathematically and works as a charm. To avoid this, WebDollar useses Schnorr Digital Signatures which adds another layer of security for the encrypted wallets because Schnorr signatures were mathematically proven.

Regarding the quantum signatures. In order to "qualify" for a quantum proof signature (although future quantum computers would beat any kind of signatures), most qualified signatures as quantum proof have lengths between 564 bytes up to 1 MB per signature. For instance, Goppa-based McEliece algorithm has a public key of 1 MB and it is still not a perfect quantum reistant algorithm because anytime a quantum computer would break that system. However, Bitcoin uses 256 byte encryption. Using your assumption, even Satoshi Nakamoto is wrong.

3. Webdollar is centralized

Premined currencies are centralized. A small number of entities are given a percentage of the entire supply WITHOUT working for them.
This is a theft from all the future miners and users.
The premined coins can (and will) be used to manipulate the market (see pump-and-dump scheme).

Satoshi Nakamoto was the first miner in the Bitcoin main net. Moreover, Satoshi made also the first real transaction on the system to Hal Finney. That means, Satoshi Nakamoto and Hal Finney premined the Bitcoin main network. So, according to your logic, Bitcoin is also centralized because they pre-mined  thousands of blocks worth tens of thousands of Bitcoin. Moreover, there are other coins like Ripple that are super centralized. The owner of Ripple owns over 40-45% of the coins, and Ripple is not even a Blockchain itself.

WebDollar also aims to decentralized Bitcoin biggest problem the mining pools. WebDollar's vision is to create decentralized mining pools allowing any user to create his own mining pool with just a click.

4.Webdollar is not secure

The browser is not a secure platform for developing cryptocurrency applications:
https://www.cvedetails.com/product/3264/Mozilla-Firefox.html?vendor_id=452
https://www.cvedetails.com/product/15031/Google-Chrome.html?vendor_id=1224

Javascript is not a good language for implementing cryptography algorithms
https://blog.bren2010.io/2014/06/17/javascript-crypto.html
‘In-browser crypto is not as secure as the state-of-the-art, therefore it’s insecure.’

Javascript and Node.js are very secured Programming Languages. Javascript had been in production used for over than 2 decades, while Node.js is used in production for almost a decade. There were also other cryptocurrencies made in Javascript, for instance, Lisk that accept even smart contracts in a sandbox Javascript machine.
Most big companies including PayPal, Uber, AirBnB, Google, Youtube, Twitter all use Node.js and Javascript and they are quite secured. Aren't them?

So, in conclusion, @webdollar-scam user you just want to black mail us for no good reason.
tghs

Activity: 16

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 10:43:51 AM

This looks like an alternative for NIMIQ, also a browser based Blockchain project.
Webdollar allready has tokens that allow Smart Contacts in jawascript and anonimity superior to bitcoin.
This is a false statement. Webdollar does not have smart contracts and will never have anonimity because was not designed from the start with an anonimity goal (unlike Monero).

so we all are on equal ground at the start
How can this be true when the premined is 10%. Just picture this: for all the webdollars to be mined it requires 100 years, the premined is 10%.
Equal ground for sure.

The same amount of the premined 9.9% will be generated towards miners in the first 10.5 months from the mainnet. Can you read a chart, liar and slanderer?

A considerable part of the premined will be used for marketing, bounties and financing of future tech development, such as anonymity. And you are either ignorant or lie about the smart contracts capability. Probably the later, hater.
gold969

Activity: 1330
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 10:48:26 AM

I understand that this is a test mode, but even so, I had 42000 on my account, then I see that 2020 is already on the balance sheet Huh I did not translate anything, how is this possible?

ShuCong

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 10:50:42 AM

Also, mining from the browsers is less efficient than 'bare-metal' mining. It will destroy your CPU and the reward will be much lower than the reward of the tech savvies with the same hardware.

That goes without saying.

Devs, I'm just curious. How does your web mining work? Does your site install a plug-in or script to web-browser?
alexandru.b

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 10:53:26 AM
Last edit: April 05, 2018, 11:10:36 AM by alexandru.b

I understand that this is a test mode, but even so, I had 42000 on my account, then I see that 2020 is already on the balance sheet Huh I did not translate anything, how is this possible?

http://s1.radikali.ru/uploads/2018/4/5/8ae5b01dff1bb92575e7b1969cd03804-full.png

Try to do a refresh pressing F5. Your website screenshot looks very strange because we have a different interface. There are no pages with such big WebDollar logos. Please check that you are mining on right gateway http://webdollar.io

Moreover, Bitcoin miners don't mine instantly. And sometimes, forks can occur in the network, when you mine some block or an entire fork with multiple blocks and then, another miner creates another fork invalidating your block and it will redeem your coins from the newly generated blocks.

Hi ShuCong,

Because WebDollar is super easy to be used, we aim for mass adoption. When you surf the internet or work on something else, or over the night, you can use a % of your CPU to mine. This was Satoshi Nakamoto Vision, one CPU one vote. It can be translated, one person, one vote.

Devs, I'm just curious. How does your web mining work? Does your site install a plug-in or script to web-browser?

In Browser it is mining using ASM.JS and WebAssembly. You can check our technical white paper http://webdollar.io/public/doc/WebDollar-White-Paper.pdf

greml

Activity: 107

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 10:55:46 AM

I keep an eye on this.
Lets see if this browser based mining project is better than the others.
For now, all projects of this kind are in testnet.
The first who does it right with good marketing wins.
webdollar-scam

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 11:03:21 AM

http://s1.radikali.ru/uploads/2018/4/5/8ae5b01dff1bb92575e7b1969cd03804-full.png

Never access websites over HTTP. Especially websites that serve javascript files that will be run in your browser. It is possible that someone mounted a Man-in-the-middle attack on your connections and modified the javascript files to steal money from your account (by adding events on a button for example).
NEVER access webdollar.io over HTTP.
alexandru.b

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2018, 11:05:38 AM

Never access websites over HTTP. Especially websites that serve javascript files that will be run in your browser. It is possible that someone mounted a Man-in-the-middle attack on your connections and modified the javascript files to steal money from your account (by adding events on a button for example).
NEVER access webdollar.io over HTTP.

BITCOIN doesn't have HTTPS. It impossible, (IMPOSSIBLE) to do Main-in-the-middle (aka ARP Poisoning) for Blockchain to steal funds. End of statement.

All transactions are signed by using Schnorr signatures which are even proven mathematically while Bitcoin ECDSA is not proven mathematically. All blocks are signed by the Argon2D Proof of Work Hashing Function. Blockchain doesn't require HTTPS

All the data that exit from your computer is digitally signed either by Schnorr digital signatures or by the Argon2D Proof of Work. This shows exactly the low level of knowledge of Blockchain and cryptography of user webdollar-scam.
ShuCong

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 11:12:18 AM

Hi ShuCong,

Because WebDollar is super easy to be used, we aim for mass adoption. When you surf the internet or work on something else, or over the night, you can use a % of your CPU to mine. This was Satoshi Nakamoto Vision, one CPU one vote. It can be translated, one person, one vote.

In Browser it is mining using ASM.JS and WebAssembly. You can check our technical white paper http://webdollar.io/public/doc/WebDollar-White-Paper.pdf

Ok. Thanks for explanation. Mining during browsing other sites may be possible though not so profitable.
Won't antiviruses/firewalls block your js? There are such functions in many of security programs now.
CruE11a

Activity: 30

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 11:18:04 AM
Last edit: April 05, 2018, 12:02:58 PM by CruE11a

http://s1.radikali.ru/uploads/2018/4/5/153121af5e5d5e0165854a5cea19930a-full.jpg
http://radikali.ru/full/2018/4/5/1ea75b40c7eb814753d334eb136be114-full.jpg.html

webdollar-scam, you were joining webdollar.io Telegram's group in 6 February, as user VB, only for asking a ransome.
The prinscreen above are a proof of that.

You start to offend webdollar.io community then you ask for a reward because you found something wrong in WBD servers.

"I'm here to sell a zero day expoit on the implememtation".

So, shut up and go away.

I kindly ask a mod of this forum to take measures. I can send the log of discussions when user webdollar-scam has blackmailed WDB devs.

Thank you.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 63 »
  Print  

Jump to: